PDA

View Full Version : Where is John Browning?

Rick
08-15-2005, 09:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, but last year I remember Vermeil and Gun talking about how John Browning was our best down-lineman. So far this year I haven't heard squat (good or bad) about Browning. They said he could play anywhere on the d-line and talked of what a "man" he was on the field. I can't remember seeing one thing said about him this year, now Wilkerson is replacing Allen, Allen replacing Holliday, Sims and Dalton start at the tackle spot and noone seems to like Hicks (except for Gun and Dick- which count the most). I guess my point is ... where the hell is John Browning in all this?-- and it's not that I think Browning is all that!

Miles
08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Siavii ate him.

RealSNR
08-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Here he is!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=John+Browning&btnG=Google+Search

cdcox
08-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Siavii ate him.

You misspelled Slavil.

TRR
08-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Here's a quote from a DV interview about a month ago...

Q: You had DT John Browning working with the first team defense and DT Lional Dalton second. Is that a depth charge change or just something you wanted to try here?

VERMEIL: “Well in reality, Browning is a number one defensive tackle, but last year the way we played him was at left and right tackle. The other players are not equipped to play as well consistently at left and right tackle. So we started him out on the bench and started through the ball game, but the end of the year he plays more snaps.”

He has been nicked up a bit lately, but you raise a good point. If he's that good of player, then why can't he find a starting spot on a struggling D Line?

Phobia
08-15-2005, 10:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, but last year I remember Vermeil and Gun talking about how John Browning was our best down-lineman.

If Vermeil says Browning is our best lineman, be certain.... he's not.

If Vermeil says Hicks is our defensive leader.... uh....

If Vermeil says Derrick Johnson is the fastest Chief....

If Vermeil says Green threw 3 interceptions due to the wind....

go bo
08-15-2005, 11:22 PM
but, but...

dj is the fastest player in the nfl, if not the galaxy, isn't he?

i know because dv told me so...

Halfcan
08-15-2005, 11:31 PM
I think Miles is right, Junior "Spithood" Slavil ate him.

the Talking Can
08-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Browning, unlike Hicks, has a gag reflex.

Hence Browning on the bench.

Reaper16
08-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Browning, unlike Hicks, has a gag reflex.

Hence Browning on the bench.
ROFL