PDA

View Full Version : A sign of the times ?

ROYC75
08-16-2005, 12:07 AM
Head coach Dick Vermeil and injured linebacker Mike Maslowski were seen having a short conversation as they walked off the field after practice this afternoon.

Could it be the talk that many here are expecting ?

tk13
08-16-2005, 12:09 AM
I don't imagine that news would be delivered in a casual setting like a "walking off the field after practice" conversation.

Mr. Kotter
08-16-2005, 12:10 AM
Head coach Dick Vermeil and injured linebacker Mike Maslowski were seen having a short conversation as they walked off the field after practice this afternoon.

Could it be the talk that many here are expecting ?

Short? Probably not; but, bet your replica Scanlon underwear....Maz will not make the active roster.

ROYC75
08-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't imagine that news would be delivered in a casual setting like a "walking off the field after practice" conversation.

Anytime in camp is a good time to bring it up, by either party .

Maz has not been cleared to practice. It's obivious that his knee is not responding to what he needs it to be. No sense in damaging it any further.

It's time for him to hang it up, he gave us all he had . He gave us more that his ability was allowed to give by being a classroom worm and making himself a better player. I would rather have 53 players on my roster with the heart and desire to play like Maz that to have 20 superstar players with attitudes and the rest to full in with.

Maz was the ultimate team player when it came to being a workaholic.

Mr. Kotter
08-16-2005, 12:16 AM
Anytime in camp is a good time to bring it up, by either party .

Maz has not been cleared to practice. It's obivious that his knee is not responding to what he needs it to be. No sense in damaging it any further.

It's time for him to hang it up, he gave us all he had . He gave us more that his ability was allowed to give by being a classroom worm and making himself a better player. I would rather have 53 players on my roster with the heart and desire to play like Maz that to have 20 superstar players with attitudes and the rest to full in with.

Maz was the ultimate team player when it came to being a workaholic.

And now Maz passes the torch to Scanimal? Right? Heh...

ROYC75
08-16-2005, 12:26 AM
And now Maz passes the torch to Scanimal? Right? Heh...

Not sure, I'm not sure Rich is going to make the team this year.

If we go with 3 MLB's, yeah, it's a slam dunk, if we go with just 2 and 5 OLB's ( possiblly Bell can play some MLB if called upon ) then he has his work cut out for him. Gun like Boomers ability and fire, now if Boomer gets it quick, he has the leg up on him.

I'm not convinced Gun likes Rich at all from the reports I get. Meaning, Rich has the ability but doesn't produce the mean streak, the firery attitude Gun likes.

If Boomer continues to miss gap assignments and ST's assignments, Rich will bypass him wether Gun likes his fiery approach or not.

Only time will tell........ I want to see the best 53 man roster we can have.

Mr. Kotter
08-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Not sure, I'm not sure Rich is going to make the team this year.

If we go with 3 MLB's, yeah, it's a slam dunk, if we go with just 2 and 5 OLB's ( possiblly Bell can play some MLB if called upon ) then he has his work cut out for him. Gun like Boomers ability and fire, now if Boomer gets it quick, he has the leg up on him.

I'm not convinced Gun likes Rich at all from the reports I get. Meaning, Rich has the ability but doesn't produce the mean streak, the firery attitude Gun likes.

If Boomer continues to miss gap assignments and ST's assignments, Rich will bypass him wether Gun likes his fiery approach or not.

Only time will tell........ I want to see the best 53 man roster we can have.

FTR, I'm just flippin' you crap....I suspect you could be right; what I saw when I was a TC though, I could see them keeping 9 LBs....especially if Boomer and Scanlon prove their worth on Special teams...

Logical
08-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Actually it went something like this:

Maz, that kid Scanlon is none too bright (no football smarts) but he hustles. You were always a smart player Maz and we could help each other if you would help the kid as sort of a coach on the field. Maybe we can turn him into a solid special teams headhunter and a decent man in the wedge with some work. What about it Maz, you willing?