PDA

View Full Version : Motivated Allen making presence felt

jiveturkey
08-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Motivated Allen making presence felt

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

RIVER FALLS, Wis. — The recent demotion of Jared Allen is getting the desired results judging by this morning’s Chiefs training camp practice.

Allen made his presence felt on a number of plays. He tossed running back McKenzie Smith to the ground on one running play, covered a lot of ground to push Smith out of bounds on another and would have had a sack of quarterback James Kilian had practice rules allowed for full contact.

Allen led the Chiefs last season as a rookie with nine sacks. He was demoted from his starting defensive end spot when the Chiefs were unhappy with his play in last week’s preseason opener in Minnesota.

“We know what he can do,’’ coach Dick Vermeil said. “We’ve just got to get him to do it all the time on our terms within our scheme. He’s a fine football player. He’s already proved that.

“I would expect him to be a little upset. But you’re evaluated every practice on every snap. I think Gunther (Cunningham) wanted to get his attention to the details. He will be fine, believe me.’’

Allen’s replacement, Jimmy Wilkerson, also had a would-be sack of Damon Huard.

The Chiefs cut the practice short by about 30 minutes because so many players are out with injuries. Rookie linebacker Derrick Johnson, who has a sore foot, did not practice, and Vermeil was unsure whether he would work this afternoon.

Taco John
08-16-2005, 12:41 PM
What is Slavil going to say when he learns there is an Alien on your team?

MichaelH
08-16-2005, 12:44 PM
The Chiefs cut the practice short by about 30 minutes because so many players are out with injuries.

Wonderful :shake:

regarding Allen, maybe he should vent his frustration while playing in a game than against his teamates.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-16-2005, 12:44 PM
What is Slavil going to say when he learns there is an Alien on your team?
It must really suck to be a denver fan.

jiveturkey
08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
What is Slavil going to say when he learns there is an Alien on your team?He's probably going to spit.

Rain Man
08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Rookie linebacker Derrick Johnson, who has a sore foot, did not practice, and Vermeil was unsure whether he would work this afternoon.

Aaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaah!

(Running in circles and falling down)

Aaaaaaaah! Aaaaaaaaah!

KC Kings
08-16-2005, 12:58 PM
It must really suck to be a denver fan.
Are they even having a training camp this year? I watch a lot of ESPN and haven't heard much of anything about the Donks since last December.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Are they even having a training camp this year? I watch a lot of ESPN and haven't heard much of anything about the Donks since last December.
The only thing that has come out about their camp is that Mo Clarett is a quiter. Big news.

kcjayhawks5
08-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Motivated Allen making presence felt

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

Rookie linebacker Derrick Johnson, who has a sore foot, did not practice, and Vermeil was unsure whether he would work this afternoon.

NOOOOOOO!!!

Mecca
08-16-2005, 01:01 PM
The only thing that has come out about their camp is that Mo Clarett is a quiter. Big news.

And Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren are having injury problems, also shocking news there.

Stinger
08-16-2005, 01:05 PM
The Chiefs cut the practice short by about 30 minutes because so many players are out with injuries. The entire Defensive squad, who has a sore ass, did not practice due to a pesky German putting a foot up there.

I would have loved that last quote to read like this.

TEX
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM

And that would be just fine with me if it weren't for the fact that you can still smell them...

TRR
08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Problem is, he's doing it against the #3 Offense. When he beats Willie Roaf to the ball carrier, and throws Priest Holmes or LJ to the ground, then we'll have something. What'd he do, beat Brett Williams?? Woohoo...