PDA

View Full Version : Why is it Casey Weiggman gets no respect among NFL centers?

RealSNR
08-18-2005, 12:16 PM
They figure the best OL in the league needs to have a weak spot and Weiggman is that weak spot? What?

Phobia
08-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Because he's not 380 lbs.

Boardin Bronco
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Because he's not Tom Nalen.

Garcia Bronco
08-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Our's doesn't get any respect either.

htismaqe
08-18-2005, 12:19 PM
I remember him in college...solid player. I just think he's not very vocal.

KCTitus
08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Because he doesnt get drunk and punch out bouncers?

htismaqe
08-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Because he doesnt get drunk and punch out bouncers?

He would have, but he was too busy grabbing a chaw...

KCTitus
08-18-2005, 12:27 PM
He would have, but he was too busy grabbing a chaw...

*gasp* Tobacco use? DV's got some discipline problems at TC to deal with now!

RealSNR
08-18-2005, 12:29 PM
*gasp* Tobacco use? DV's got some discipline problems at TC to deal with now!Give him a break. He's just like any other normal guy. Maybe he doesn't want to be a golden boy. Maybe he's trapped in his image.

KCTitus
08-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Give him a break. He's just like any other normal guy. Maybe he doesn't want to be a golden boy. Maybe he's trapped in his image.

LOL....very nice.

penchief
08-18-2005, 12:43 PM
In my opinion, it is for the same reason it took the league so long to recognize the talent of Brian Waters. When you play with guys named Shields and Roaf it's tough to get any kind of respect.

I remember watching a Monday Night Football game against Buffalo about three or four years ago. I have never been so amazed at how an offensive line picked up blitzes in my life. I watched them and it almost seemed as if it were an innate abilty.

I have to believe that Mike Solari could be the best offensive line coach in the league.

RealSNR
08-18-2005, 12:45 PM
In my opinion, it is for the same reason it took the league so long to recognize the talent of Brian Waters. When you play with guys named Shields and Roaf it's tough to get any kind of respect.

I remember watching a Monday Night Football game against Buffalo about three or four years ago. I have never been so amazed at how an offensive line picked up blitzes in my life. I watched them and it almost seemed as if it were an innate abilty.

I have to believe that Mike Solari could be the best offensive line coach in the league.*que Taco with Alex Gibbs mantra in 3... 2... 1...*

htismaqe
08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
*que Taco with Alex Gibbs mantra in 3... 2... 1...*

He don't work for the Donks no more, so now they can tell us what they really believe -- that he's a cut-blocking, Crisco-using cheater.

Ebolapox
08-18-2005, 12:55 PM
yeah--gibbs is with hotlanta right now

-EB-

donkhater
08-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Because he's just a good, solid center nothing more. He gets bull rushed pretty easliy and isn't really dominate at the point of attack on running plays. He moves well and is smart. That's all you can say about him.

Nightfyre
08-18-2005, 01:55 PM
i think its largely because he has always been surrounded by probowlers, so he is easy to overlook. He's great and a cornerstone of the line, though.

dtebbe
08-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Havent you heard? He's undersized and too small to play center in the NFL.

DT

penchief
08-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Because he's just a good, solid center nothing more. He gets bull rushed pretty easliy and isn't really dominate at the point of attack on running plays. He moves well and is smart. That's all you can say about him.

Vermeil and Saunders knew exactly what they wanted when they first arrived in KC. One of their earliest moves was to bring Weigman on board. That says a lot, IMO.

I don't think he's disappointed anyone.

Mr. Laz
08-18-2005, 04:14 PM
yep

but no real complaints though... he fits our offense