PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do Bratworst or Brat and Krout for a tailgate????

Vindicator
08-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Anybody do Bratworst or Brat and Krout for a tailgate????

Phobia
08-18-2005, 08:18 PM
I have, but that was long before I discovered the beauty that is smoke.

jspchief
08-19-2005, 07:03 AM
I cook just about everything over the course of the season.

Hy-Vee in my town has been making these fresh pineapple brats that are amazing. They have small chunks of pineapple in them. Damn good. I'll probably stock the freezer with them because when summer winds down they don't make fresh brats anymore.

Braincase
08-19-2005, 07:22 AM
I'd check the Packers & Bears boards. Hereabouts we don't need anything in a sausage casing. We have the power of smoke .

Cormac
08-19-2005, 07:22 AM
Check out www.packersplanet.com

;)

damnit Braincase!

Rausch
08-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Brats are the perfect quick n easy tailgate.

And it's KRAUT! ****ing KRAUT!1! :cuss:

ptlyon
08-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Hy-Vee in my town has been making these fresh pineapple brats that are amazing. They have small chunks of pineapple in them. Damn good. I'll probably stock the freezer with them because when summer winds down they don't make fresh brats anymore.

Hy-Vee's green onion brats rock too.

My favorite though might be Johnsonville's Stadium brats. They're white. They have awesome flavor.

mlyonsd
08-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Hy-Vee's green onion brats rock too.

My favorite though might be Johnsonville's Stadium brats. They're white. They have awesome flavor.

The only reason you like'em is what you imagine while you're eating them.

htismaqe
08-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Bratwurst mit Sauerkraut und Bier...

Brilliant!!!

ExtremeChief
08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
I boil them in beer and onions (outside, cause it stinks), then grill them.

That pineapple thing sounds pretty tasty.

jspchief
08-19-2005, 08:27 AM

That pineapple thing sounds pretty tasty.The fresh ones that Hy-Vee makes don't even need to be boiled ahead of time. They just aren't as greasy.

Chest Rockwell
08-19-2005, 09:54 AM
The fresh ones that Hy-Vee makes don't even need to be boiled ahead of time. They just aren't as greasy.

You don't boil 'em because you need to, you boil 'em to give them the beer and onions flavor. Then you (at least I) reduce the beer down and slap the onions on the bun with the brat. Good eats.

You don't like that smell? Hell, even my wife loves that smell...there's just no accounting for taste, I guess. :)