PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Mo or KS watching the weather?

KC2004
08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Severe weather in the area for most of Northern Mo.

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xradarb3.gif

morphius
08-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Sat outside at the neighborhood picnic just watching the lightning to the North of us, pretty cool stuff.

KC2004
08-18-2005, 10:34 PM
It is constant lightning here. Never seems to stop. Very cool to watch. Dared my kids to run around the yard with metal objects but they are getting old enough to not fall for my old tricks! =p

tk13
08-18-2005, 10:36 PM
It is constant lightning here. Never seems to stop. Very cool to watch. Dared my kids to run around the yard with metal objects but they are getting old enough to not fall for my old tricks! =p
Yeah, that gets old after you get hit by lightning 12 or 13 times.

Rain Man
08-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Do you ever wonder if it's possible to have some sort of lightning tsunami? A whole wave of lightning that sweeps over an entire city destroying everything in its path?

morphius
08-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Do you ever wonder if it's possible to have some sort of lightning tsunami? A whole wave of lightning that sweeps over an entire city destroying everything in its path?
No, because I can't imagine the clouds building up that kind of charge before getting to release it. Plus, if a cloud was able to build up that kind of charge, wouldn't it begin to repel from itself?

Rain Man
08-19-2005, 08:56 AM
No, because I can't imagine the clouds building up that kind of charge before getting to release it. Plus, if a cloud was able to build up that kind of charge, wouldn't it begin to repel from itself?

I don't know. But it seems like there could be some sort of nine-sigma event where all of the conditions are just right.

Of course, if something like that was to happen, I'm sure it would happen in Bangladesh or Ethiopia. They seem to attract stuff like that.

ChiefsOne
08-19-2005, 08:59 AM
No but it is plain f'n hot here and supposed to be 98° with 105° index, can't wait for late October.