PDA

View Full Version : So about this Hell place and this Satan fella...

KC Jones
08-19-2005, 05:30 PM
The other day I acciendentally caught part of a report on BTK. Frankly I really don't want to know the details and have tried to stay away from the story. Of the bit I saw, the first thing that popped into my head was... 'There's a special place in Hell for that MFer'.

Not one to follow a linear thought process, my mind sensed a nearby tangent and eloped with it. The train of thought went, that if there was an especially bad place in hell for terrible evil people, then isn't Satan kinda still performing God's will? I mean, making sure that a soul's torture is propotional to the evil they inflected on others is fulfilling something of a good role within the grand scheme of things. OTOH, if Satan is the source of all evil and such, wouldn't he be rewarding evil doers when they get to hell? Making them officers in his army for the end times and such?

wazu
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes.

mikey23545
08-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Have you ever heard the term "overthinking"?....

morphius
08-19-2005, 05:35 PM
But does being evil really make you a good leader? I mean, sure it helps and all, but a lot of the most evil people have been known as quiet and loners, which doesn't really make for great leadership.

stevieray
08-19-2005, 05:36 PM
See what happens when you move to Denver?

morphius
08-19-2005, 05:40 PM
See what happens when you move to Denver?
Well, when you are that close to the second gate of hell, nothing less is expected.

KC Jones
08-19-2005, 05:42 PM
But does being evil really make you a good leader? I mean, sure it helps and all, but a lot of the most evil people have been known as quiet and loners, which doesn't really make for great leadership.

Au contraire...

Many vicious psychopaths worm their way up corporate ladders and even make it to the chief executive level. For instance consider 'Chainsaw' Al Dunlap. Here's an interesting article that touches on the subject:

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/96/open_boss.html

Hammock Parties
08-19-2005, 05:44 PM
http://www.kinoweb.de/film98/DevilsAdvocate/pix/pacino.jpg

NewChief
08-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Watch Constantine...it explains it all. :bong:

FRCDFED
08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
The first thing that popped into my head was... 'There's a special place in Hell for that MFer'.

The actual meaning of the phrase above is contingent on the beliefs of the individual stating it. If you were to divide humanity into two classes: Good and Evil then the meaning would be:

Good: There's no place in heaven for this guy, he is surely to burn in hell!

Evil: This guy will rule by my side!

Since you spoke the phrase I am wondering which category of thought you fall into? :)

4th and Long
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
This thread kinda reminds me of an old joke about a guy who dies and ends up in hell. He's immediately greeted by Satan himself. Satan tells him that in hell, there are only 3 rooms and the man has to choose which room he wants to spend eternity in.

They go to the first door and when Satan opens it, the man sees naked people being stabbed in the ass by little devils wielding pitch forks of fire. The guy say "No way I wanna be in there for eternity."

Satan shrugs and they move to door number two. Upon opening it, the man sees naked people chained to the wall and they are being beaten by little devils with flaming whips. The man shudders and says, "I damn sure don't want to spend eternity in there!"

Again Satan shrugs but remarks, "OK, but theres only one more room to show you and then you have to choose."

Satan opens door number three. Inside are people wading neck deep in shit, eating dough-nuts and drinking coffee. It smells pretty bad but the man decides this room has to be better than being stabbed or beaten with fiery implements.

"Satan," he says, "this is the room for me."

"As you wish." replies Satan. The man is lead into the waste by a little devil, who hands him a fresh cup of coffee and a jelly dough-nut. Just as the man is about to take a bite out the dough-nut, a bell sounds and a voice overhead is heard to say ...

"ALRIGHT YOU ASSHOLES! BREAK'S OVER! EVERYBODY BACK ON YOUR HEADS!

Hammock Parties
08-19-2005, 06:47 PM
This thread kinda reminds me of an old joke about a guy who dies and ends up in hell. He's immediately greeted by Satan himself. Satan tells him that in hell, there are only 3 rooms and the man has to choose which room he wants to spend eternity in.

They go to the first door and when Satan opens it, the man sees naked people being stabbed in the ass by little devils wielding pitch forks of fire. The guy say "No way I wanna be in there for eternity."

Satan shrugs and they move to door number two. Upon opening it, the man sees naked people chained to the wall and they are being beaten by little devils with flaming whips. The man shudders and says, "I damn sure don't want to spend eternity in there!"

Again Satan shrugs but remarks, "OK, but theres only one more room to show you and then you have to choose."

Satan opens door number three. Inside are people wading neck deep in shit, eating dough-nuts and drinking coffee. It smells pretty bad but the man decides this room has to be better than being stabbed or beaten with fiery implements.

"Satan," he says, "this is the room for me."

"As you wish." replies Satan. The man is lead into the waste by a little devil, who hands him a fresh cup of coffee and a jelly dough-nut. Just as the man is about to take a bite out the dough-nut, a bell sounds and a voice overhead is heard to say ...

"ALRIGHT YOU ASSHOLES! BREAK'S OVER! EVERYBODY BACK ON YOUR HEADS!

Oh good god. :Lin:

Frankie
08-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Not one to follow a linear thought process, my mind sensed a nearby tangent and eloped with it. The train of thought went, that if there was an especially bad place in hell for terrible evil people, then isn't Satan kinda still performing God's will? I mean, making sure that a soul's torture is propotional to the evil they inflected on others is fulfilling something of a good role within the grand scheme of things. OTOH, if Satan is the source of all evil and such, wouldn't he be rewarding evil doers when they get to hell? Making them officers in his army for the end times and such?
Rain Man is that you?

C-Mac
08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
The train of thought went, that if there was an especially bad place in hell for terrible evil people, then isn't Satan kinda still performing God's will? I mean, making sure that a soul's torture is propotional to the evil they inflected on others is fulfilling something of a good role within the grand scheme of things. OTOH, if Satan is the source of all evil and such, wouldn't he be rewarding evil doers when they get to hell? Making them officers in his army for the end times and such?

There is no such a place as a burning forever torturing hell according to the Bible, thus validating your point. Its obvious if you beleive in Satan, he is not interested in doing do Gods will. When God past judgements in the bible he didnt torture people, he brought death and or preserved life. Thats the way its been from the beginning and it hasn't changed since, unless of coarse you chose to go beyond what is written in the Bible.

hbkeay
08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
I assume we're mostly grown men here. So grow up. Threats of hell are for women and children. Even if there was a hell, think hard about some of the things you've done in the past--there's a good chance that hell's where most of us are headed.

ExtremeChief
08-19-2005, 07:58 PM
What the hell is going on here??

http://www.danacarvey.net/images/churchlady02.jpg

RealSNR
08-19-2005, 08:37 PM
There is no such a place as a burning forever torturing hell according to the Bible, thus validating your point. Its obvious if you beleive in Satan, he is not interested in doing do Gods will. When God past judgements in the bible he didnt torture people, he brought death and or preserved life. Thats the way its been from the beginning and it hasn't changed since, unless of coarse you chose to go beyond what is written in the Bible.So what does this mean?

2 Thessalonians 1:8-10

...in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might...

C-Mac
08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
So what does this mean?

2 Thessalonians 1:8-10
...in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. These will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might...
Eternal destruction is being destroyed forever. If you look at all the newer Bible translations that are not translated from the Latin Vulgate the word "hell" had been properly removed.

trndobrd
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
There aren't any pitchfork wielding demons (that I'm aware of), but I think El Dorado Correctional Facility will provide ample amusements for a 60 year old child murderer.

C-Mac
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
There aren't any pitchfork wielding demons (that I'm aware of), but I think El Dorado Correctional Facility will provide ample amusements for a 60 year old child murderer.

Well you got part of it right about the demons.......they definetly dont carry around pitchforks.
El Dorado CF will do just wonders for him.

Prince22
08-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Satans greatest trick is making people belive he doesn't exist.

C-Mac
08-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Satans greatest trick is making people belive he doesn't exist.
Its counter productive.
If he lets on too much, it would bring God back into existance.

Halfcan
08-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Satan lives, his name is Drue Rosenhaus-probably spelled wrong, but you know which evil mutant I am talking about.

You can also sub in TO, Randy Moss or any raider, Mike shanahan, and Al Davis!

C-Mac
08-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Satan lives, his name is Drue Rosenhaus-probably spelled wrong, but you know which evil mutant I am talking about.

You can also sub in TO, Randy Moss or any raider, Mike shanahan, and Al Davis!

He cant be because TO and Randy Moss think they are God.

Halfcan
08-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Cmac LOL-how freakin true is that!!!