PDA

View Full Version : Players not in uniform for tomorrow night are...

TRR
08-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Tony Gonzalez, Kevin Sampson, Will Shields, Kendrell Bell, Key Fox, Mike Maslowski, Shawn Barber, Todd Collins, Robert Holcombe, Junior Siavii, Carlos Hall, John Browning, Nathaniel Curry, and Freddie Mitchell.

I wouldn't expect miracles for tomorrow nights game either. With this many injuries, and just breaking camp, I don't think tomorrow's game will be anything to jump up and down about.

Stinger
08-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Any news on Bell? When is he going to start doing contact?

TRR
08-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Any news on Bell? When is he going to start doing contact?

Middle of next week. DV said they will, "turn him loose."

Stinger
08-19-2005, 08:42 PM

Thanks. And is about time

2bikemike
08-19-2005, 08:45 PM
I sure hope the regular season isn't at all like the preseason as far as the injury bug goes. I realize some of the players would suit up and play if it were regular games but it sure seems like there are a lot more ailments this year for preseason.

TRR
08-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I sure hope the regular season isn't at all like the preseason as far as the injury bug goes. I realize some of the players would suit up and play if it were regular games but it sure seems like there are a lot more ailments this year for preseason.

I disagree. I don't think KC has had as many nagging injuries as last season. Maybe more nicks, but not as many serious injuries. Both Kennison and Morton missed almost all of TC. By this time, (possibly another week) we lost Marc Boerigter and Kris Wilson for the entire season. We started 2 or 3 Preseason games last year with Horn and Richard Smith as our starting WR's.

If tomorrow's game was the regular season, I can only see Barber, Maslowski, Holcombe and Freddie Mitchell missing the game. I even think Collins would suit up as the broken finger is on his left hand if I am correct.

booger
08-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Khari Long needs to get going too. From mini camp and early TC it sounded if he had some pass rush skills with speed around the corner. I was hoping if he was worth a crap he could step up and claim the 9th spot on the DL. Who knows they might only keep 8.

I am not sure, but don't think Dunn will play either.

Saulbadguy
08-19-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm looking to see improved play (hopefully) from Jared Allen. Still looking forward to seeing Derrick Johnson. I want to see how our O-Line does without Tony, Sampson, and Shields.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Kris Wilson time to show your stuff

beer bacon
08-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Kris Wilson time to show your stuff

I am guessing our coaches don't really want him to show his stuff until the games actually matter.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I am guessing our coaches don't really want him to show his stuff until the games actually matter.

I'm hoping he shows something, so far I'm not impressed

the Talking Can
08-19-2005, 11:02 PM
damn, I'd like to see Hall but he hasn't practiced for awhile....I'd like to see Bell too, but apparently he's too healthy to play...

I'll be watching Wilkerson with interest tomorrow.

philfree
08-20-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't see Jason Dunn on that list so I bet that if we get it inside the 5 yard line we score. #31 or #27 or Johnaton McKenzie Smith will have a hole. Dunn won't miss the block like Gonzo did. Gonzo don't miss many blocks but he missed that one last week. That might have been after he'd broke his pinky so.......

PhilFree:arrow:

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm hoping he shows something, so far I'm not impressed

Let's see...

Keep Wilson under wraps so we can exploit it week 1

or

Make sure Wile is impressed...

I wonder which one our coaches are concerned with?

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 05:49 AM
damn, I'd like to see Hall but he hasn't practiced for awhile....I'd like to see Bell too, but apparently he's too healthy to play...

I'll be watching Wilkerson with interest tomorrow.

I'll be watching Wilkerson too.

shaneo69
08-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Let's see...

or

Saunders' plan is to make Kris Wilson the new secret weapon in the same manner he succeeded at using Mikael Ricks in that role.

TEX
08-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Bell out again? What a shocker. Let me guess, he could go if it were a real game? :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
08-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Let's see...

or

If the pre-season game plan for Wilson was to run with the #2 & #3 offense and look mediocre at best, it was successful

Ultra Peanut
08-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Saunders' plan is to make Kris Wilson the new secret weapon in the same manner he succeeded at using Mikael Ricks in that role.Wow, you're really getting a lot of mileage out of taking that quote out of context and beating it to death, aren't you?

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 11:54 AM
If the pre-season game plan for Wilson was to run with the #2 & #3 offense and look mediocre at best, it was successful

:rolleyes:

One preseason game and we're DOOMED.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Bell out again? What a shocker. Let me guess, he could go if it were a real game? :shake:

He could go, yep. The coaches are holding him out. Sorry that doesn't fit with your gameplan.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Wow, you're really getting a lot of mileage out of taking that quote out of context and beating it to death, aren't you?

That's all he's got.

He's the master of beating stuff to death.

Ultra Peanut
08-20-2005, 11:57 AM

One preseason game and we're DOOMED.DOOOOOOOO0OOOOOOOOM

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Shane will be back shortly. He's over at KCChiefs.com right now hunting for the latest Rufus Dawes article...

Wile_E_Coyote
08-20-2005, 12:19 PM

no, just Kris Wilson :p

Mr. Laz
08-20-2005, 12:27 PM

he didn't say that

exaggerate much?!

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 12:50 PM
he didn't say that

exaggerate much?!

Of course I did. It's called turnabout.

But I should have known that what's good for the goose is not good for the gander...

Mr. Laz
08-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Of course I did. It's called turnabout.

But I should have known that what's good for the goose is not good for the gander...
you do it all the time ... nothing new

criticizing people about illogical while not using logic yourself

maybe you should change your name to Mr. Black Pot

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 02:00 PM
you do it all the time ... nothing new

criticizing people about illogical while not using logic yourself

maybe you should change your name to Mr. Black Pot

Of course I do it all the time. It's a literary device. Many people use absurdity to point out absurbity.

CoMoChief
08-20-2005, 02:14 PM

Yeah then we turn him loose and the guy tears his groin or hurts his back or shoulder or whatever the hell is wrong with the guy.

Remember the "I could play right now if I wanted to" talk he had when we first signed him? I think this is gonna backfire on us big time, though I hope its doesn't.

booger
08-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Wow. 25 guys out tonight.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/20/game_summary_cardinals/