PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for Shopgirl...

Fire Me Boy!
08-20-2005, 12:26 AM
OK, now I really like Steve Martin's work as a writer, and I think when he gets serious in film he's one of the best out there... anyway, I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it -- I read the book years ago, and the casting for this is outstanding.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/shop_girl/

luv
08-20-2005, 12:33 AM
That looks really good.

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 12:52 AM
What do you think about "The Great Raid?" That was based on the book "Ghost Soldiers," right?

Fire Me Boy!
08-20-2005, 12:53 AM
What do you think about "The Great Raid?" That was based on the book "Ghost Soldiers," right?
:shrug:

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Goddammit... what kind of movie critic are you? You mean I have to take 10 of my own precious seconds and look this up through a search engine?

I'm sorry, man, but this is going on your permanent record.

Fire Me Boy!
08-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Goddammit... what kind of movie critic are you? You mean I have to take 10 of my own precious seconds and look this up through a search engine?

I'm sorry, man, but this is going on your permanent record.
Yeah, I'm sorry... I'm now the sports editor at the paper (interim) and I'm working my ass off and following movies is not something I have time for right now. Seems the publisher thinks the sports page is more important than my weekly film review.

:shake:

I've been on this pay period for two days, and already have one full day of overtime.

TheNextStep
08-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Congrats on the sports editor spot. Guess that'll teach me to take a hiatus...

For the record, if "the Great Raid" is based on the book "Ghost Soldiers" I hope they don't f*** it up. That book is one of my favorites.

Fire Me Boy!
08-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Congrats on the sports editor spot. Guess that'll teach me to take a hiatus...

For the record, if "the Great Raid" is based on the book "Ghost Soldiers" I hope they don't f*** it up. That book is one of my favorites.
Don't congratulate... it's not a promotion. It basically means a LOT more work for me, with no boost in pay; I don't get to do what I actually enjoy (the film review); I have to work/sweat my ass off; the only reason I was put there, again on an interim role, is because I'm the only person there with ANY experience doing sports (and all I do is photograph it, when time comes to actually write a story, it's gonna suck). I really hope I'm not doing it much more than another week.

Jenson71
08-20-2005, 01:26 AM
The trailer reminds me a lot of Lost in Translation's.

Fire Me Boy!
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm excited about it... looks pretty damn good.

Fire Me Boy!
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
I would love to see Martin do a film version of Picasso at the Lapin Agile.