PDA

View Full Version : So, does Mitchell still suck?

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Where are the Mitchell haters? Let your voices be heard.

ArrowheadHawk
08-20-2005, 08:11 PM
i still wanna see him play like that in a real game for a full 4 quarters

Saul Good
08-20-2005, 08:16 PM
I like what I've seen so far...and I've been as hard on Mitchell as anyone.

doomy3
08-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Really looks good tonight...I like the way he seems to be reading the plays better, and isn't hesitating, but getting in there and making some plays! Hopefully we see that when the season starts!

the Talking Can
08-20-2005, 08:22 PM
looks to me like he's getting better

tommykat
08-20-2005, 08:26 PM
I always liked him~Glad to see him making it tonight!

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Still has some problems in space, but like last week he was up in there against the run...

shaneo69
08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Jesus Christ....the guy made one freaking play the whole game. Big freakin' deal. The other tackle he made was after a five yard run up the gut. Yeah, nice game, Kawika.

RealSNR
08-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I didn't get the Kawika love-fest at the beginning of the pre-game show with Mitch and Len. Why?

beer bacon
08-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Jesus Christ....the guy made one freaking play the whole game. Big freakin' deal. The other tackle he made was after a five yard run up the gut. Yeah, nice game, Kawika.

He had three tackles. One was a tackle for a loss of four yards. The second was on the five yard run that you mentioned, and the third was 3-12 that led to their first missed fieldgoal.

shaneo69
08-21-2005, 08:33 PM
He had three tackles. One was a tackle for a loss of four yards. The second was on the five yard run that you mentioned, and the third was 3-12 that led to their first missed fieldgoal.

I also saw him with a nice missed tackle on their WR on a pass down the middle near our 10 yard line or so.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Ill reserve judgement until the "real" games start in a few more weeks.

TEX
08-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Mitchell has improved but IMO he's still not a quality starting NFL MLB - but he is the best we have. Hopefully he'll be adequate. I'll hold off on my judgement until the games count.

jspchief
08-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Mitchell is playing better so far. It will be interesting to see him over the course of 4 quarters. I hope he continues to progress.

Are we going to get one of these gay threads every week from Pitt Gorilla? Somebody give him his cookie so he can shut the f*ck up.

Phobia
08-21-2005, 09:35 PM
I was at the game and it's a little difficult to focus on individual players live. So, I didn't really notice Mitchell in particular this week.

luv
08-21-2005, 09:40 PM
I was at the game and it's a little difficult to focus on individual players live. So, I didn't really notice Mitchell in particular this week.
You didn't hear the announcer say "Tackle by Kawika Mitchell"?

Phobia
08-21-2005, 09:47 PM
You didn't hear the announcer say "Tackle by Kawika Mitchell"?

That doesn't necessarily mean anything.

luv
08-21-2005, 09:51 PM
That doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Oh. I thought it meant that so-and-so was tackled by Kawika Mitchell. Is there more I'm supposed to be reading into it?

TheNextStep
08-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Yes.

If it's 3rd and 10 and Kawika Mitchell misses his assignment but comes back to make the tackle 22 yards down the field, does that mean that he did a good job?

Personally, I think that Mitchell has looked good for you guys this pre-season (though that's more based on the first game than the second, since I only saw bits and pieces of the second).

luv
08-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Yes.

If it's 3rd and 10 and Kawika Mitchell misses his assignment but comes back to make the tackle 22 yards down the field, does that mean that he did a good job?

Personally, I think that Mitchell has looked good for you guys this pre-season (though that's more based on the first game than the second, since I only saw bits and pieces of the second).
Are you not a Chiefs fan?

And I see your point.

TheNextStep
08-21-2005, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't piss on the Chiefs if they were on fire. I bleed silver and black. Unlike a lot of folks, however, I don't base character determinations on "favorite football team" and just love talking AFC West football... (in case you were wondering why I'm at CP)...

luv
08-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't piss on the Chiefs if they were on fire. I bleed silver and black. Unlike a lot of folks, however, I don't base character determinations on "favorite football team" and just love talking AFC West football... (in case you were wondering why I'm at CP)...
You might want to see a doctor about that. I don't think that's normal... :p
j/k

I enjoy talking to you despite your lack of better judgement. :p
j/k again

These things keep popping into my head, and my fingers just keep typing. You seem to be pretty cool to me, and I like talking to ya! :)

tk13
08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Whatever you thug. Get back to solitary.

Phobia
08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Oh. I thought it meant that so-and-so was tackled by Kawika Mitchell. Is there more I'm supposed to be reading into it?

It could also mean that somebody with a 5 on their jersey made the tackle and the announcer assumed Mitchell. It could also mean the announcer didn't see who made the tackle so he pulled a name out of his ass. It could also mean that the tackle was made in an area of the field that is normally Mitchells responsibility, so.... the name Mitchell was chosen. Finally it could mean that the ballcarrier was gangtackled and Mitchell happened to be somewhere near the pile.

TheNextStep
08-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Finally it could mean that the ballcarrier was gangtackled and Mitchell happened to be somewhere near the pile.

Settle down, Phob... we're still talking about the Chiefs here...

luv
08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
It could also mean that somebody with a 5 on their jersey made the tackle and the announcer assumed Mitchell. It could also mean the announcer didn't see who made the tackle so he pulled a name out of his ass. It could also mean that the tackle was made in an area of the field that is normally Mitchells responsibility, so.... the name Mitchell was chosen. Finally it could mean that the ballcarrier was gangtackled and Mitchell happened to be somewhere near the pile.
Ohhhhh....so the announcers suck too.

You guys are so much fun! :)

Phobia
08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Ohhhhh....so the announcers suck too.

You guys are so much fun! :)

Not necessarily, but they're not always right. When you find yourself disagreeing with the commentary on a particular play you've officially become a football addict.

TheNextStep
08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
You might want to see a doctor about that. I don't think that's normal... :p
j/k

I enjoy talking to you despite your lack of better judgement. :p
j/k again

These things keep popping into my head, and my fingers just keep typing. You seem to be pretty cool to me, and I like talking to ya! :)

I appreciate it and think likewise... but I wouldn't recommend you tell your dad about that. Strawberry "Heads up" he can handle... you getting along with a Raider fan?

No... you're going to have to keep that one from him if you want to stay in the will...

Phobia
08-21-2005, 11:04 PM
Settle down, Phob... we're still talking about the Chiefs here...

Sorry dude, did I bend over too far while explaining all that? I had forgotten we're in the presense of a seasoned convict.

TRR
08-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Mitchell has always had the potential to be a good MLB in the NFL. He was a tackling machine in college, he's got a decent head on his shoulders, and he has an NFL body.

The big thing Mitchell needed to do this offseason/preseason, is stay healthy. I thought if Mitchell could have a healthy offseason, then he would be fine at MLB. He's done a great job of staying healthy thus far. He has missed too much practice/game time in his first couple of years in KC, and that has really hurt him IMHO.

TheNextStep
08-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Sorry dude, did I bend over too far while explaining all that? I had forgotten we're in the presense of a seasoned convict.

There's no such thing as bending over too far, baby...

Now squeal like a pig!

philfree
08-21-2005, 11:10 PM
I also saw him with a nice missed tackle on their WR on a pass down the middle near our 10 yard line or so.

He did come to hard on that play and missed. His improvement may not be measured by the number of tackles in a half of football. If he's taking care of his responsibilties the play will funnel to another player. In the game last night Mitchell was dropping back in coverage alot. In the two preseason games he's had tackles for loss and made some pretty impressive plays in both. The verdict won't be in till the regular season but Mitchell looks to be doing good to me.

PhilFree:arrow:

Nightfyre
08-22-2005, 12:03 AM
I really dont think its fair to expect a MLB to tackle a WR in open space. thats like putting a rat in a giant room and telling the jolly green giant to go catch it.