PDA

View Full Version : So long Damon Huard.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I think Damon is going to be better than most of you give him credit for. He will probably lead us to a 5-3 Record, Throw at least 11 TD's with only 1 Int.

I bet Damon plays so good there will, be a QB controversy. Don't laugh, people will turn on him and compare him to Gannon. Go Chiefs will Idolize him and start the Damon fan club. Hacks like Jack Harry, Petro, Fatlock will fuel the fire until it goes Nationally.

He is going to be a Free Agent-so I hope we don't have to say goodbye to him at the end of the year.

tommykat
08-20-2005, 08:39 PM
Maybe the Arena League, needs a Qb to over throw open receivers and toss Ints for TD's.

Ass..........I think he is doing pretty good considering that he never really got to play..........And Collins is your fav?ROFL

ARROW2
08-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Huard sucks donkey dykks....

Kerberos
08-20-2005, 08:59 PM

He BLOWS dogs for quarters!

RealSNR
08-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Ass..........I think he is doing pretty good considering that he never really got to play..........And Collins is your fav?ROFLHuard is YOUR fav? ROFL

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 09:02 PM
You call 1 for 12 so far with an Int good? His best pass was throwig it away.

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 09:04 PM
He's def. gone now. gezus, that was just a gawdawful throw.

RealSNR
You call 1 for 12 so far with an Int good? His best pass was throwig it away.Make that 1 for 13 and 2 INTs

Yes, he has thrown more passes to the other team than his own receivers

AirForceChief
Please Dear Lord, Good Night NOw!!

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
Ass..........I think he is doing pretty good considering that he never really got to play..........And Collins is your fav?ROFL

Hell he has thrown more INTs then he has completions!

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Killian just beat out Hutard with that big throw and then a TD. Two weeks in a row the kid has made plays. Toad Collins can hit the pavement too.

RealSNR
08-20-2005, 09:43 PM
Killian just beat out Hutard with that big throw and then a TD. Two weeks in a row the kid has made plays. Toad Collins can hit the pavement too.You, sir, have earned a Neg rep bomb!

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Killian just beat out Hutard with that big throw and then a TD. Two weeks in a row the kid has made plays. Toad Collins can hit the pavement too.

Let's get rid of everybody with game experience. Yeah!

:rolleyes:

milkman
08-20-2005, 09:45 PM

Dude, Collins ain't going anywhere.

He ain't great, but he is solid.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Calm down Collins lovers, I know he is the only backup that knows the system. I just don't understand why the Chiefs have not developed some talent. I pray Trent does not get hurt or we are screwed. Killian has not looked great either that Int at the end was horrible-but at least he has made a few big plays-I still like him better than Huard.

Coach
08-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Calm down Collins lovers, I know he is the only backup that knows the system. I just don't understand why the Chiefs have not developed some talent. I pray Trent does not get hurt or we are screwed. Killian has not looked great either that Int at the end was horrible-but at least he has made a few big plays-I still like him better than Huard.

My QB Depth Chart would look like this.

1. Green
2. Collins
3. Killian

Huard is FA'ed from the Chiefs. No way the Chiefs will let Collins go. Collins knows the complicated system that Al Saunders implemented. Killian does not know it well enough. He will, however, get better at that once he spends more time in the system.

I agree and I do pray that Trent does not go down. However, if Trent does go down for at least a game or two, I think we can get by that. Anything longer than that, we're screwed.

Also, I think you'll see the team shifting from somewhat pass-crazy to balance into more of a running team if Green does go down.

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Good points coach-I would like to see us shift to a run offense anyway. Last year Trent took a lot of big hits and had too much pressure. With two All Pro RB's we should just be able to dominate on the ground.

beer bacon
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM

In what world does 1 for 12 with 11 yards passing and two interceptions equal pretty good?

blsilks
08-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Well yeah he played horrible but he had a 5th string offensive line not blocking for him. Poor guy was just running off into the back field screaming and then chunking the ball as far as he could.

morphius
08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Collins I can live with, but huard dives me nuts. The guy has never really been any good and I surely have seen no improvement here. I would rather go with a young guy in the third spot, he will make mistakes if he has to go into a game, but will have a level of energy that an ex starter with no real potential can.

beer bacon
08-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Well yeah he played horrible but he had a 5th string offensive line not blocking for him. Poor guy was just running off into the back field screaming and then chunking the ball as far as he could.

Not even having Brett Williams "blocking" for you excuses a -97 QB rating.

Wallcrawler
08-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I wasnt impressed at all with Huard tonight either. He had a few nice plays avoiding some sacks, but he just threw some horrible passes.

Its sad when it takes until 6:03 left in the 4th quarter before you complete a single pass in the second half.

Killian put on a nice little show there on a couple plays, but he really stunk the joint up also. He was overthrowing, and underthrowing guys left and right up until that circus play that he made heaving the ball downfield to John Booth.

The fade to Booth for the TD was pretty nice, but he made some awful throws tonight as well.

I would however like to see what Kilian could do if he ever got a second to actually set his feet. The O-line he was playing behind was absolutely horrible. Not even one full second after he has the ball, and he's running for his life. No pass protection, no pocket.

Give the guy a little help up front, and he could probably make a lot more than just the occaisional highlight reel worthy play.

The Chiefs do need to get a young guy in there though. Collins and Huard are 33 and 32 years old respectively. Collins is the tenured #2 guy to Trent Green, so it looks like Huard should be the guy getting cut. We dont need to carry 3 QBs that are all going to be retiring in the same season. Time to get some youth at the QB position.

Dave Lane
08-20-2005, 11:26 PM

Well thats like saying he's better than a 101 year old grandma.

Dave

papasmurf
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Maybe the Arena League, needs a Qb to over throw open receivers and toss Ints for TD's.

Are you kidding. He is one play away from being our starter.

RealSNR
08-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Calm down Collins lovers, I know he is the only backup that knows the system. I just don't understand why the Chiefs have not developed some talent. I pray Trent does not get hurt or we are screwed. Killian has not looked great either that Int at the end was horrible-but at least he has made a few big plays-I still like him better than Huard.Name the last Chief-drafted QB to win a game.

I go back to Blackledge, I can't name another guy after that.

All these little experiments with guys like Kilian and Ted White bring up hope in the fan base, but these guys will be doing jack shit their entire careers. The Chiefs simply don't draft QBs, that's all there is to it.

luv
08-20-2005, 11:56 PM
He throws much harder than Trent Green. He made a first down on a third down run tonight, too.

TEX
08-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Name the last Chief-drafted QB to win a game.

All these little experiments with guys like Kilian and Ted White bring up hope in the fan base, but these guys will be doing jack shit their entire careers. The Chiefs simply don't draft QBs, that's all there is to it.

Did the Chiefs draft Livingston or Kenny? I can't remember? :hmmm:

papasmurf
08-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Did the Chiefs draft Livingston or Kenny? I can't remember? :hmmm:

They both played before Blackledge.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 02:41 AM
Hey luv2rite-Grbac threw harder than Green too-big deal. But when I guy is burning it right at the wide open receivers ankles it makes it a little hard to catch.

Okay I will not say one more bad word about Collins-but I still hope he sticks to toting around a clipboard this season.

SNR-you are right about that one-why can't we draft a good QB? Its like we made the worse QB pick in the history of the NFL in 84 with Blackledge-and have given up. They must have a lot of faith that Green will play another 64 straight games.

Imon Yourside
08-21-2005, 08:53 AM
They both played before Blackledge.

Kenny played after Blackledge.

chief52
08-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Kenny played after Blackledge.

Kenney was drafted by Miami I believe. I know he was not drafted by the Chiefs. Steve Fuller was drafted the year before Blackledge.

siberian khatru
08-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Steve Fuller was drafted the year before Blackledge.

Actually, four years before -- 1979.

chief52
08-21-2005, 09:48 AM

I think you are right. I can not think of anyone.

Kenney, DeBerg, Kreig, Montana, Bono, Gannon, Elvis...

chief52
08-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually, four years before -- 1979.

Thank you...

Lonewolf Ed
08-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Let's get rid of everybody with game experience. Yeah!

:rolleyes:

Why do you want to keep a guy with 8 years of experience in the League for a third QB? Maybe Kilian can develop into a starter someday. Huard can only hope to be a competent backup QB at best, and he is a long way from it. We already have that in Todd (I call him Tom) Collins. The way I see it, Huard is our next Bono. KC needs to draft a QB that will develop as the third QB and make a legitimate challenge to be more than that.

TRR
08-21-2005, 09:57 AM
To be quite honest, I really haven't seen anything from Killian that says he'll be an NFL QB. However, I have seen enough to tell me that he can do just about everything Huard can if given the opportunity. I would really like to see Killian with the 2nd string (until Collins is back).

I'm in favor of keeping Killian over Huard on the active 53. He is younger, and cheaper, and KC spent a draft pick on him.

chief52
08-21-2005, 09:59 AM
To be quite honest, I really haven't seen anything from Killian that says he'll be an NFL QB. However, I have seen enough to tell me that he can do just about everything Huard can if given the opportunity. I would really like to see Killian with the 2nd string.

I'm in favor of keeping Killian over Huard on the active 53. He is younger, and cheaper, and KC spent a draft pick on him.

And a couple of years from now he who knows how good Killian may be. Huard is at his peak IMO.

If the Chiefs get down to their third QB for any period of time they are going to be screwed anyway. Why not let someone young develope, mature and learn the NFL way for the future.

ChiefsCountry
08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
I know I'm suppose to be Kilian's pimp bc he is my adopt a Chief, but he hasn't looked to bad considering the O-Line he has played with has sucked major balls. He gets the snap and their was guys in his face. He is better than Huard and he has let two touchdown drives. Put him on the active roster and then NFLE next year and lets see what we got.

BigChiefFan
08-21-2005, 11:16 AM
I hope after Huard's two preseason games this year, that he gets canned. He's been awful-especially considering how long he has been in the NFL compared to Kilian.

luv
08-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey luv2rite-Grbac threw harder than Green too-big deal. But when I guy is burning it right at the wide open receivers ankles it makes it a little hard to catch.

Yes, I realize this. I said he throws harder than Trent, because I've seen a few people on here say Trent can't throw very far. I didn't really like care for him. I made the comment during the game that I thought he threw too hard, and that his depth perception might be off. He either threw at their feet or over the receiver's head. He had one play that I thought was good. He made a third down run to get the first down. I stated all this earlier in as little words as I could, because I think I'm too wordy and explain myself too much. I also heard DV say he was like one play shy of being a starter. I hope that doesn't happen. There, did I do a better job of explaining myself that time?

Ninjaman
08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
This team should have drafted ORTON !

TRR
08-21-2005, 12:32 PM
The kid I would have liked KC to draft was Timmy Chang. I thought he would have been a better prospect than Killian. The last I knew, Chang was with the Arizona Cardinals, but he didn't play last night, and is not on their roster anymore.

Chang impressed me in college. He has decent size, good speed, and a ton of accuracy.

keg in kc
08-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I've seen a few people on here say Trent can't throw very far. You won't see that so much any more. His arm strength was a problem in 2001, but it seems the healthier his knee's gotten, the stronger his arm is. He's not at all the same QB he was when he was lobbing ducks to Snoop Minnis and Chris Thomas. Now, he's not Favre, either, but he's far from weak-armed now.

Coach
08-21-2005, 12:47 PM
IMHO, Trent Green throws a out route, probably the best I have seen. Who else can make those throws, other than Favre? :shrugs:

J Diddy
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
The kid I would have liked KC to draft was Timmy Chang. I thought he would have been a better prospect than Killian. The last I knew, Chang was with the Arizona Cardinals, but he didn't play last night, and is not on their roster anymore.

Chang impressed me in college. He has decent size, good speed, and a ton of accuracy.

Chang is hanging out with Cheech.....

Valiant
08-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Chang is hanging out with Cheech.....

That is just a downright horrible attempt at comedy... That is like Fran Drescher telling jokes...

ChiefsCountry
08-21-2005, 01:13 PM

Product of the system.

J Diddy
08-21-2005, 01:18 PM
That is just a downright horrible attempt at comedy... That is like Fran Drescher telling jokes...

I found it funny and that is all that matters.

So kisseth upon my arse.

Rausch
08-21-2005, 01:29 PM
I found it funny and that is all that matters.

So kisseth upon my arse.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/reservoir_dogs/harvey_keitel/dogs.jpg

"For the past 15 minutes now, you've been droning on about names. Timmy... Timmy... Timmy... Timmy Wong... Timmy Wang... Timmy Won... Timmy Chung... ****ing Charlie Chan. I've got Scanlon's big dick coming out of my left ear and Timmy the Jap I-don't-know-what, coming out of my right."

whoman69
08-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Huards throwing motion reminds me of that Royals pitcher that threw the ball clear back to the backstop going to home. I can't even imagine him throwing a long ball. He makes Billy Kilmer look like Manning.

milkman
08-21-2005, 02:02 PM

And how long has it been since the Chiefs have had a an offensive staff as competent as this one?

I believe, given the opportunity, Saunders and Shea could develop an NFL quality QB, if they have a kid in the system with the talent and tools.

RealSNR
08-21-2005, 02:05 PM
And how long has it been since the Chiefs have had a an offensive staff as competent as this one?

I believe, given the opportunity, Saunders and Shea could develop an NFL quality QB, if they have a kid in the system with the talent and tools.Do you believe Kilian has the talent and tools necessary to become a starter in this league?

I don't.

J Diddy
08-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Do you believe Kilian has the talent and tools necessary to become a starter in this league?

I don't.

Did you believe green could?

Then you're one of the few.

milkman
08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Do you believe Kilian has the talent and tools necessary to become a starter in this league?

I don't.

I see a kid that has a fairly strong arm, a pocket presence, and mobility.

So, yes, I do believe that he has the talent and the tools.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 03:52 PM
So Sidewinder we really have not had a QB that we drafted to start a game?? Kenney played after Blackledge did he not and did we not draft that guy or was it a trade-its been too long.

If your right which you probably are-what is the deal-other teams seem to pick QBS out of nowwhere that play great for them. Brett Favre comes to mind. Low draft pick traded to the Packers for basically nothing-a trade that was almost blocked becasue of a hip condition-then the guy turns out to be a HOFer. Green is not going to be around forever, we need some talent in the pipeline.

ChiefsCountry
08-21-2005, 04:20 PM
So Sidewinder we really have not had a QB that we drafted to start a game?? Kenney played after Blackledge did he not and did we not draft that guy or was it a trade-its been too long.

If your right which you probably are-what is the deal-other teams seem to pick QBS out of nowwhere that play great for them. Brett Favre comes to mind. Low draft pick traded to the Packers for basically nothing-a trade that was almost blocked becasue of a hip condition-then the guy turns out to be a HOFer. Green is not going to be around forever, we need some talent in the pipeline.

Favre was a second round pick.

chief4life
08-21-2005, 04:46 PM
God that dude was horrible i still think they should go get couch or testerverde for backup

milkman
08-21-2005, 05:03 PM

I don't remember how Kenney was acquired.
Someone else here says he was a Dolphin draft pick, which means he was either traded for, or a street FA.

I can't say why the Chiefs have never drafted a QB that they developed.

Bad talent evaluation?
Poor coaching?

Both probably.

chief52
08-21-2005, 09:45 PM

Kenney was drafted by the Dolphins. Shula cut him but spread the word in the NFL that he was a good QB. Redskins gave him a shot, cut him and the Cheifs picked him up. He came out of Northern Colorado after Saddleback College and Arizona State for a year under Kush.

Halfcan
08-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Damm you guys are good. Like a freakin Chiefs encyclopedia. But played after Blackledge correct-then Deberg, Bono, Grbac, Green, Killian-lol,

chief52
08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Damm you guys are good. Like a freakin Chiefs encyclopedia. But played after Blackledge correct-then Deberg, Bono, Grbac, Green, Killian-lol,

I looked it up. Kenney played for the Chiefs from 80-88. Blackledge was there from 83-87 and ended his career at Pittsburgh. That is a good trivia question.

ChiefsCountry
08-21-2005, 10:19 PM

You forgot Krieg and Montana after DeBerg.

jcl-kcfan2
08-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Vlasic got some PT in there early 90's...

Chief Faithful
08-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Huard is at his peak IMO.

That is the worst thing about Huard. If the Cardinals game respresented a Huard at his peak then he should be the first player cut.

BigChiefFan
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
The differences between the two players at this point is age and salary. If that's the best Huard can give us, we are better served going with potential over tenure.

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 11:11 AM
This thread is bullshit.

Huard was playing with NFL Europe castoffs most of the time. And he looked alot better than Todd Collins the other night.

Typical knee-jerk Chiefsplanet reaction at the first sign of failure.

I saw everything I needed to know about Huard when he scrambled and dove head-first for that first down.

Collins would NEVER do that.

ROYC75
08-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Killian's arm is average, his decision process is poor, his scrambling ability is good, his playmaking ability is good.

He is a rookie Brett Farr...... Can he be coached to make better decisions ? Maybe....

Hammock Parties
08-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Killian's arm is average, his decision process is poor, his scrambling ability is good, his playmaking ability is good.

He is a rookie Brett Farr...... Can he be coached to make better decisions ? Maybe....

Killian's arm is average and you're comparing him to Brett Favre? :hmmm:

Chief Chief
08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Kick Huard off the roster (Tynes could use the practice), keep Collins one more year, then put Kilian in Europe and bring him in as QB #2 next year.

Eleazar
10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Bumpty bump!

HemiEd
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Bumpty bump!
ROFL ROFL You are mean!

Rausch
10-12-2006, 11:27 PM
He's the 3rd QB that wouldn't die...

Bowser
10-12-2006, 11:30 PM
LMAO

|Zach|
10-12-2006, 11:44 PM
This thread is bullshit.

Huard was playing with NFL Europe castoffs most of the time. And he looked alot better than Todd Collins the other night.

I saw everything I needed to know about Huard when he scrambled and dove head-first for that first down.

Ok, thats impressive.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 11:48 PM
LOL yeah I wondered when this thread would come back around.

To be far-Huard was simply dreadful everytime he has been on the field-up to the Denver game. Maybe the guy just needed a fresh start. I have ZERO complaints with him now.

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Dont forget to vote!!

SPchief
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Ok, thats impressive.

pretty good.

And how much better does everybody feel with

Green
Huard
Croyle

Vs.

Green
Collins
Huard/Killian

Halfcan
10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
pretty good.

And how much better does everybody feel with

Green
Huard
Croyle

Vs.

Green
Collins
Huard/Killian

Yep, I still remember all the Killian VS Huard debates-if it was up to the Planet Killian would still be here.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Ok, thats impressive.

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY. Call now for ya free readin!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/718/misscleoky5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hammock Parties
10-13-2006, 12:18 AM
To be far-Huard was simply dreadful everytime he has been on the field-up to the Denver game.

It wasn't his fault. He was playing with receivers and offensive linemen that had no business playing in the NFL.

I knew it.

Halfcan
10-13-2006, 12:20 AM
It wasn't his fault. He was playing with receivers and offensive linemen that had no business playing in the NFL.

I knew it.

You mean like right now-his receivers have dropped balls that hit them in the chest. The running game has sucked, and the Play calling has been on a high school level.

So what has changed????

Hammock Parties
10-13-2006, 12:24 AM
He's playing with superior talent. There's no question these guys are better than what he had to work with before.

Halfcan
10-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Even the O line??

GC you must be the only one that thought Huard was going to amount to anything.

Halfcan
10-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Bumpty bump!

Don't make me search your threads-lol, You had to be wrong once-sometime, at least once.,.....

Oh nevermind I give up. :)

Hammock Parties
10-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Even the O line??

I just thought he deserved a fair chance. I didn't feel the preseason games amounted to one.

Phobia
10-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Even the O line??

Not the only one.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2006, 01:45 AM
History shows that you always weren't so happy with Huard.

I would rather have Dedric Ward. But at this point I am just hungry to sign ANYbody.

Anybody?

How about Carlton Gray, Jr.?

How about Mark McMillan, Jr.?

Any QB named Huard?

Be careful what you wish for.... :)

Hootie
10-13-2006, 01:59 AM
Another great halfcan thread. Why do they allow him to post here?

Mosbonian
10-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Another great halfcan thread. Why do they allow him to post here?

For the same reason we allow you to post here, even though you are wrong as much as he is.

mmaddog

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:50 AM
I think Damon is going to be better than most of you give him credit for. He will probably lead us to a 5-3 Record, Throw at least 11 TD's with only 1 Int.

I bet Damon plays so good there will, be a QB controversy. Don't laugh, people will turn on him and compare him to Gannon. Go Chiefs will Idolize him and start the Damon fan club. Hacks like Jack Harry, Petro, Fatlock will fuel the fire until it goes Nationally.

He is going to be a Free Agent-so I hope we don't have to say goodbye to him at the end of the year.

Wow that was a pretty good prediction-lol

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Even the O line??

Another good post. GC picked him from the start.

Hammock Parties
11-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Another good post. GC picked him from the start.

Before Phil, too. He's a liar. LIAR!!!

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Before Phil, too. He's a liar. LIAR!!!

Actually, to be technical about it-I posted this prediction for Huards success, way before the entire world-lol I even got his stats right and predited the record-

That is simply amazing isn't it. :)

Crashride
11-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Moral of the story...listen to halfcan

Coach
11-10-2006, 03:46 AM
*notices the edit date*

Brilliant.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 07:22 AM
*notices the edit date*

Brilliant.

ROFL I was waiting for someone to notice that-nice job. What I had actually said about Huard was a bit different-lol No, I did not see it coming at all.

GC called it though.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 07:23 AM

Here is a good one.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 07:23 AM
He BLOWS dogs for quarters!

And one of the best- ROFL

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Moral of the story...listen to halfcan

Yeah the future is easy to predict when you can go back and edit your post.

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 07:44 AM
This thread is bullshit.

This post was made on 8-22 So I think it is official, GC Called it. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Halfcan
11-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Why is this post count off?? That is weird.

Rain Man
11-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah the future is easy to predict when you can go back and edit your post.

I was wondering if anyone had noticed that other than me.

I need to go dig up some of the old "predict the final score" threads now.

listopencil
11-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Last edited by Halfcan on 11-09-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Funny stuff.