PDA

View Full Version : Their 2nd/3rd team's are bitch slappin our guys

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Pretty fuggin ugly.

Electric
08-20-2005, 09:10 PM
And your point is?

Most of the Chiefs that were playing in the second half will be looking for a ride home on Tuesday. That's why they were getting playing time in the second half, to see if there is a spark of talent to investigate further.

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 09:13 PM
And your point is?

Most of the Chiefs that were playing in the second half will be looking for a ride home on Tuesday. That's why they were getting playing time in the second half, to see if there is a spark of talent to investigate further.

Exactly what I said. Our subs look like shit against the Cards.

Electric
08-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Exactly what I said. Our subs look like shit against the Cards.

I read your comment to mean that you felt they should be playing more inline with the starters and that is a pretty far stretch.

TRR
08-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Again...25 guys out for KC.

htismaqe
08-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Well, I did notice on that fumble/turnover earlier that it was Will Svitek that got beaten by the DE, and the defensive end was Calvin Pace, a former 1st-round draft pick.

the Talking Can
08-20-2005, 09:39 PM
Again...25 guys out for KC.

yeah, we're playing 4th stingers all the 2nd half

ChiTown
08-20-2005, 09:52 PM
yeah, we're playing 4th stingers all the 2nd half

So Fuji is a 4th stringer now?

milkman
08-20-2005, 09:58 PM

It looks like it.

Bell is the starter.
Fox started last week.
Griffen started this week.

Then there's Fujita.

Iowanian
08-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Fujita earned his spot on the team this week IMO...

The second team DTs SUCK BAOWS....Carl should be scouring the wire for a DT almost as much as a kicker....

I think Washington will get the spot over Ambrose....Sapp looked good.

I don't see how anyone can expect any of the 2-3 offense look decent with the Turds blocking. Barnett sucks balls, Svitek is a project at best....hell...Brett Williams was probably the best T in the 2nd half, and we all know he's a guard or a car wash manager next year.

TEX
08-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I said that same thing tonight. I said it seems like everyone's scrubs were better than ours. You can look at guys like Fuj and Harts and see that they're more than a step up from our scrubs, and Bartee is on step above "scrub status," but they too would all be scrubs on a team with a good defense.

TEX
08-20-2005, 11:04 PM
It looks like it.

Bell is the starter.
Fox started last week.
Griffen started this week.

Then there's Fujita.

Yeah but I thik Fuj is now the # 2 guy if tonight's performance has anything to do with it.

htismaqe
08-21-2005, 05:41 AM
Fujita earned his spot on the team this week IMO...

The second team DTs SUCK BAOWS....Carl should be scouring the wire for a DT almost as much as a kicker....

I think Washington will get the spot over Ambrose....Sapp looked good.

I don't see how anyone can expect any of the 2-3 offense look decent with the Turds blocking. Barnett sucks balls, Svitek is a project at best....hell...Brett Williams was probably the best T in the 2nd half, and we all know he's a guard or a car wash manager next year.

Fujita looked like a man possessed, IMO. He really WANTS to be on this team.

DV said in an interview the other day, when asked about Tynes, that he asks Lynn Stiles every day what's on the waiver wire and the only position he mentioned specifically was DT, so...

Svitek is definitely a work in progress, but it should be mentioned that for much of his time he was blocking Calvin Pace. Would you feel better if you were a Chiefs fan, knowing Svitek is a big-time project? Or would you feel better if you were a Cards fan, knowing Pace is a former 1st-round pick playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?

Gaz
08-21-2005, 06:25 AM
I am supremely unconcerned that Arizona’s scrubs beat up on our scrubs.

xoxo~
Gaz
Pretty much unconcerned about preseason [except for injuries].

the Talking Can
08-21-2005, 07:20 AM

well, he's behind Bell/Fox/Griffin....so, yeah....

Warrior5
08-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Pretty much unconcerned about preseason [except for injuries].

So you're pretty much unconcerned with McCleon, who evidently will start at right CB for the first 4 games?

I think Sapp could do no worse, and would actually benefit from the PT...what are your thoughts?

mlyonsd
08-21-2005, 07:42 AM
Fujita looked like a man possessed, IMO. He really WANTS to be on this team.

I agree. He played like he had a chip on his shoulder which is a good thing IMO.

Svitek is definitely a work in progress, but it should be mentioned that for much of his time he was blocking Calvin Pace. Would you feel better if you were a Chiefs fan, knowing Svitek is a big-time project? Or would you feel better if you were a Cards fan, knowing Pace is a former 1st-round pick playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?

ROFL Doesn't sound so bad once you think about it that way.

Gaz
08-21-2005, 07:56 AM
I would throw Sapp in there, if the choice were mine.

xoxo~
Gaz
Waiting for Carl to call him up.

Iowanian
08-21-2005, 07:59 AM
I don't think, when everything shakes out, that Fujita is "behind" Griffin.

I think Griffin is the last cut, and probably a Practice squad guy if he doesn't make it over someone like Stills.

I know Svitek was playing against a former first rounder...thats fine, but he tripped all over his feet and is obviously a project. My point was, with him on the left, and the swinging door on the right...I can't expect the QBs to throw the ball from their back, or running for their lives.

I was a little disappointed that Kennison and Boerigter didn't get a little more involved in the passing game.

I think that our 2s(which were alot of 3-4s) were playing the rest of the first half vs AZ's 1s...and our 3-4s defeinitely played the 3rd vs t hier 2s.....

I'm not worried yet.....But I'd really like to see a decent DT brought in to camp....maybe even say....trade an extra LB for one or something.

milkman
08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Yeah but I thik Fuj is now the # 2 guy if tonight's performance has anything to do with it.

I hope you're right.
I've liked Fujita from the first time he stepped onto the field as Chief, and think, like Mazlowski, he brings a little more desire onto the field than most of the turds that have been playing with him on this D over the last 3-4 years.

He won't start, but he'll be a hell of a backup, IMO.

booger
08-21-2005, 02:00 PM
Yep, pretty impressed with Fujita after last night as well.

I really like the Griffin kid too. At this point we have DJ Bell and Mitchell as starters and the next four are Fox Griffin Fujita and Stills.

I don't see it really happening but I would rather have one of Fox Fujita or Stills as a backup to Mitchell at MLB than Scanlon or Boomer at this point. Neither has done anything on special teams to impress. Scanlon did have a good second half though.

DJ Bell Mitchell Fox Fujita Griffin and Stills are our top LB's though.

Mecca
08-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't think Kris Griffin would make it to the practice squad after the way he played last night. Every team has film of that now and saw that he can play. He has to make the team, I think he has earned it so far.