PDA

View Full Version : DV postgame comments - 8/20

tk13
08-20-2005, 10:23 PM
As best as my listening skills could do....

------------------------

Seemed to think Hall will be okay. Bruised knee. MRI tomorrow.

Seemed disappointed in the offensive performance... said without a penalty we wouldn't have had a TD for the 2nd week in a row on the first team offense. Gotta get better. Not gameplanning and playing vanilla has something to do with that though.

Samie Parker emerging, more speed than J. Morton, needs experience... can be a starting WR.

Better effort from the defense... tackled better, good LB play. Didn't face as good of an offense as we did last week though.

Fujita did a good job tonight, he's just finally getting healthy. Derrick Johnson, Kris Griffin, Kawika, all played well. Sims and Dalton played well on the interior line.

A ton of people missed tonight, hopefully they start getting back this week and get some of these 1st and 2nd teamers back in again...

Said he knows Huard is better than that. Not a good performance tonight, but he's better than that... had poor protection and got knocked loopy too.

Said Tynes is "in the tank". You don't miss 2 FG's a game in the National Football League. Obviously unacceptable. Keeps putting up red flags all through camp. Seemed to consider bringing somebody in, but there isn't a "Superman" out there. They've been scanning over the FA list in recent weeks, it'll be slim pickings. I did not hear him commit to bringing someone in, so maybe not. Told a story about how with the Rams he stuck with a struggling kicker and it ended up working out, so who knows.

Said it'll be nice to have Carlos Hall in there to go with Allen as a pass rusher.

Deberg_1990
08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Told a story about how with the Rams he stuck with a struggling kicker and it ended up working out, so who knows

Who was that?? I dont remember????

Katipan
08-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Maybe he got his QBs and Kickers confused. :P

tk13
08-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Told a story about how with the Rams he stuck with a struggling kicker and it ended up working out, so who knows

Who was that?? I dont remember????
I admittedly didn't catch all of that story because I was typing the other stuff about Tynes. I assume Jeff Wilkins... I didn't catch it word for word though. Said something about considering going with another kicker, but ended up with that kicker going all the way to the Super Bowl...

tk13
08-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Yeah it had to be Wilkins... he was 67% on FG's in Vermeil's first year, about 77% his 2nd year, and in 1999 Wilkins was 20-28, 71%. Not horrific, but not really that great... got them through a Super Bowl though and still kicking strong.

TEX
08-20-2005, 10:45 PM
The kicking situation is CRITICAL. At this point you're not gonna find anyone, but there will likely be someone available after the last cuts are made. Do you take that chance of signing that kicker then? I say yes IF Tynes continues to struggle. Tynes looks like he did a few years back accept back then he looked good in practice but sucked in the preseason games. No he just sucks all the time. :banghead:

Halfcan
08-20-2005, 10:54 PM
We are still missing way too many tackles. Simms didn't wrap up Arrington on a run up the middle. I am not ready to jump on the Simms is a Probowler bandwagon yet.

TRR
08-20-2005, 11:12 PM
The big thing he said about Tynes is that usually you pick up a player that will improve a position on your football team. DV said right now, there isn't a kicker out there better than Lawrence Tynes. Not yet.

TEX
08-20-2005, 11:15 PM
The big thing he said about Tynes is that usually you pick up a player that will improve a position on your football team. DV said right now, there isn't a kicker out there better than Lawrence Tynes. Not yet.

Exactly - not YET.

Darkwolfe
08-20-2005, 11:33 PM
If there's not a kicker in the NFL that's better than Tynes, how come I'm not playing for the Chiefs?

I swear, the worst couch potato on the Planet could miss just as many and be happy with half the $$.

Tribal Warfare
08-21-2005, 12:14 AM
They've been scanning over the FA list in recent weeks, it'll be slim pickings.

Hell, just call up the GM for the KC wizards and we're fine. :D :thumb:

Coach
08-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Chit, I think Mia Hamm would do better than some of those scrubs that are on the FA market.

Ultra Peanut
08-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Hell, just call up the GM for the KC wizards and we're fine. :D :thumb:Meola plays for the Metrostars now.

Tribal Warfare
08-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Meola plays for the Metrostars now.

Hell anyone from the MLS will do. Everyone knows that Jan Stenerud was a soccer player before he started his HOF career.

milkman
08-21-2005, 07:34 PM
We are still missing way too many tackles. Simms didn't wrap up Arrington on a run up the middle. I am not ready to jump on the Simms is a Probowler bandwagon yet.

Sims may be missing tackles, but the fact that he is getting penetration is huge for this defense.

If he forces double teams, then he frees up one of the fast LBs we now have to make plays.

Let's hope he continues this kind of play in the regular games.

The coaches can continue to work on his tackling in the meantime.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Hell anyone from the MLS will do. Everyone knows that Jan Stenerud was a soccer player before he started his HOF career.

So was Ray Finkle.

morphius
08-21-2005, 07:46 PM
I think Huard has had 1 preseason game where he didn't absolutly suck. You may know he is better then that, but you may know wrong Dick.

morphius
08-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Sims may be missing tackles, but the fact that he is getting penetration is huge for this defense.

If he forces double teams, then he frees up one of the fast LBs we now have to make plays.

Let's hope he continues this kind of play in the regular games.

The coaches can continue to work on his tackling in the meantime.
I'm hoping the more aggressive play from the new guys is "catchy". I think its one of those things that if everyone around is out having fun and knocking the crap out of people, you will want to do the same.

RealSNR
08-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Hell anyone from the MLS will do. Everyone knows that Jan Stenerud was a soccer player before he started his HOF career.So was Morten Andersen

milkman
08-21-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm hoping the more aggressive play from the new guys is "catchy". I think its one of those things that if everyone around is out having fun and knocking the crap out of people, you will want to do the same.

This is where I think Bell is going to have the most impact.

I think that Knight and Surtain add a certain level of leadership that this team has lacked over the years, but Bell will add that "Smash in the mouth as hard and as often as you can" attitude that's been lacking.