PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner

the Talking Can
08-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Not impressed.

Once you put some pressure on him he plays scared, imho.

He had happy feet like Jeff George after you hit him.

No way he's going to take the Cardinals to the playoffs.

RealSNR
08-21-2005, 07:34 AM
"Keep f*cking doubting Kurt Warner"

-Vermeil

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Not impressed.

Once you put some pressure on him he plays scared, imho.

He had happy feet like Jeff George after you hit him.

No way he's going to take the Cardinals to the playoffs.

I think he's going to end up in the Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson club. :clap:

Ultra Peanut
08-21-2005, 07:39 AM
I think he's going to end up in the Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson club. :clap:Well, I guess that's better than the alternative...

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Well, I guess that's better than the alternative...

Yeah, I guess on a team basis. But going from SB winning QB to backup journeyman might be alittle tough on the individual psyche.

RealSNR
08-21-2005, 07:48 AM
I think he's going to end up in the Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson club. :clap:Dilfer never had a chance to prove he sucked after a SB win. He was immediately sent away to be a backup

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Dilfer never had a chance to prove he sucked after a SB win. He was immediately sent away to be a backup

I agree. He was dissed as being a tool. Unfortunate because he seems like a decent guy. Kurt Warner bugs me so I'm thrilled to see him in this club.

chagrin
08-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I guess on a team basis. But going from SB winning QB to backup journeyman might be alittle tough on the individual psyche.

Perhaps if he took baby steps to make himself better, such as - everytime he completes a pass, he rewards himself with some ice cream. Or better yet, he could simply ask the president to allocate 150 million dollars for a support group/program for QB's who's mommy didn't love them enough, so they can't handle pressure in the pocket. This way his individaul psyche won't need complete repair. I mean geesh, if his O-line would understand how hard it is to be a QB, they could give him a hug when he folds in the pocket...

:p

Ultra Peanut
08-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I guess on a team basis. But going from SB winning QB to backup journeyman might be alittle tough on the individual psyche.Eh, Dilfer and Johnson weren't really considered all that and a bag of potato chips, as the children say, even in their SB years.

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Perhaps if he took baby steps to make himself better, such as - everytime he completes a pass, he rewards himself with some ice cream. Or better yet, he could simply ask the president to allocate 150 million dollars for a support group/program for QB's who's mommy didn't love them enough, so they can't handle pressure in the pocket. This way his individaul psyche won't need complete repair. I mean geesh, if his O-line would understand how hard it is to be a QB, they could give him a hug when he folds in the pocket...

:p

Nah, ole Kurt probably just needs to pray more... :p ;)

memyselfI
08-21-2005, 08:07 AM
Eh, Dilfer and Johnson weren't really considered all that and a bag of potato chips, as the children say, even in their SB years.

Agreed, but in their minds they probably feel like they could lead another team to a SB if they were just 'given a shot.' If they don't, they shouldn't be playing the game...

Deberg_1990
08-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Kurt was Dynomite in 1999. One of the best seasons a QB has ever had IMO. IM sure he would never admit, but hes never been exactly the same since that game against us in 2000 when Gunthers's D roughed him up pretty bad. He came back fairly strong in 2001 and took the rams back to the Super Bowl, but i never really thought he was as good as in 1999. He threw alot of INT's that year.

the Talking Can
08-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Kurt was Dynomite in 1999. One of the best seasons a QB has ever had IMO. IM sure he would never admit, but hes never been exactly the same since that game against us in 2000 when Gunthers's D roughed him up pretty bad. He came back fairly strong in 2001 and took the rams back to the Super Bowl, but i never really thought he was as good as in 1999. He threw alot of INT's that year.

he looks shell schocked...

Coach
08-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Odeen Domingo
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 21, 2005 12:00 AM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Whether it was to hand off or pass, it seemed every time Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner took a step back, a Chiefs defender was just two steps from his face.

Warner could feel the defender's breath and see the defender's sweat. The Chiefs defense was as suffocating as the Kansas City humidity.

The Cardinals first-team units, which failed to score a touchdown and allowed 10 points, were bailed out by the backups in the second half as they came back to win 24-17 Saturday night at Arrowhead Stadium in front of 76,173. advertisement

"The thing that was frustrating was the mental mistakes, we were letting guys through," Warner said. "I don't mind if I got a guy in my face if I get the ball off. It's frustrating when you can't even get back and get set up. Those are things we need to clean up as a unit."

Cardinals coach Dennis Green admitted after the game that his team made a lot of mistakes in the first half. But if this was the regular season, Green said his offense wouldn't be facing that much pressure.

-------------------------------------------------

"They (the Chiefs) blitz a lot in the preseason," Green said. "They don't have the kind of defense (to blitz a lot) in the regular season; it means too much. But in the preseason every year, they blitz a lot."

------------------------------------------------------------

The Cardinals first-team offense did what it could to keep the Chiefs guessing. But the fact is, all that blitzing worked.

After a three-and-out series in the team's first possession, Cardinals offensive coordinator Keith Rowen flipped past the first pages of the playbook and called for unconventional sets - four receivers, bunched receivers. On the first possession, one play was a fake double reverse that led to a running back screen pass, another was a wide receiver reverse.

But it was all for naught. The Cardinals couldn't execute.

The fake double reverse to screen pass netted 6 yards and Bryant Johnson gained 4 yards on the reverse.

On the next series, Warner threw three straight incompletions, getting pressure from everywhere but the sidelines. The Chiefs blitzed and beat the offensive line like they were in the Cardinals' huddle and knew Warner's snap count.

And when the first-team offense came off the field for good at halftime, the Chiefs were ahead 10-0.

"We still have some things we have to work on, but that's what the preseason is for," receiver Anquan Boldin said. "We have to look at the mistakes that we made and try to correct them."

Right cornerback David Macklin was called on three pass-interference plays, which led to scores.

A penalty, which cost the Cardinals 33 yards, was called on Macklin in the first quarter. Two plays later, Chiefs receiver Samie Parker shook off Macklin and caught an 8-yard pass for the game's first score.

The other two pass-interference penalties came within four plays on the same drive and helped the Chiefs to come close enough for a field goal.

The Cardinals' defense against the run was good against the Chiefs' first-team offense, containing Priest Holmes to 16 yards on eight carries. But against the Chiefs' second-team unit, the Cardinals allowed 57 yards.

The Cardinals won but the first-team units weren't impressive. The defense didn't look sharp and the first-team receivers didn't catch a pass until late in the second quarter. When asked if that was a concern, Green said, "A coach better be damned concerned about everything when it comes to training camp. There's not one thing about the game that I'm not concerned about. We haven't had the kind of outing yet that we hoped we'd have."
View from the Press Box
It was hard to judge if the Chiefs defense was that fast in getting past the Cardinals offensive line so quickly. The Cardinals were missing their starting right tackle (Oliver Ross) because of injury, and rookie Elton Brown was starting his first game at right guard. It didn't help that backup-turned-starter center Nick Leckey suffered a right ankle injury during the game. The offensive line still needs to become healthy and improve together quickly if the Cardinals want this offense to work.

- Odeen Domingo
-------------------------

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0821cards0821.html

the Talking Can
08-21-2005, 08:34 AM
"They (the Chiefs) blitz a lot in the preseason," Green said. "They don't have the kind of defense (to blitz a lot) in the regular season; it means too much. But in the preseason every year, they blitz a lot."

------------------------------------------------------------

someone needs a waaaaaaaaambulance...sounds like something DV would say

Hammock Parties
08-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Dennis Green is a moron. The Chiefs blitzed a shitload last year.

Crush
08-21-2005, 08:50 AM
To think Warner's downfall started in Arrowhead.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2005, 08:57 AM

Something happened to his hand which he will never admit. But i guarantee something happened to it.

PastorMikH
08-21-2005, 09:02 AM

Gunther does seem to have Warner's number.

StcChief
08-21-2005, 09:07 AM

Coming from arena league to NFL. a cinderalla story.

I believe we broke the pinky finger on his throwing hand, that later had to keep him guessing. His passes were never the same.

Great game BTW.

NewChief
08-21-2005, 09:10 AM
IM sure he would never admit, but hes never been exactly the same since that game against us in 2000 when Gunthers's D roughed him up pretty bad.

Heh, actually Gun's D didn't rough him up. He lined up under center on what was supposed to be a shotgun play, the center hiked the ball shotgun style and broke Warner's finger.