PDA

View Full Version : NFL Inactive List??

KCJake
08-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Anybody know where I can get a full list of NFL players that have been placed on the inactive list?

Yes, this is fantasy football related :)

Earthling
08-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Uh, nope. You could look up every individual team site I suppose.

KCJake
08-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Uh, nope. You could look up every individual team site I suppose.
Hmmm? I guess your right. No easier way :shrug:

the Talking Can
08-22-2005, 06:42 AM
maybe nfl.com?

KCJake
08-22-2005, 06:51 AM
maybe nfl.com?
Checked that. Couldn't find anything.

mcan
08-22-2005, 06:54 AM
I don't think there is an actual "inactive" list in the preseason. Each team is allowed to suit up everybody. I think you should look up "injury reports" instead. During the season, the players are "inactive" because the NFL rules state that even if they are healthy, only 46 of your 52 man roster are allowed to suit up, and hence be "active." The third string QB can be #47, if you choose to suit him up. There have been a couple of games (back in '96, '97) when we chose not to suit up a #3 QB because if push came to shove, Marcus Allen could play QB... That allowed us to get special teams guys on the field.

mcan
08-22-2005, 06:57 AM
I don't think there is an actual "inactive" list in the preseason. Each team is allowed to suit up everybody. I think you should look up "injury reports" instead. During the season, the players are "inactive" because the NFL rules state that even if they are healthy, only 46 of your 52 man roster are allowed to suit up, and hence be "active." The third string QB can be #47, if you choose to suit him up. There have been a couple of games (back in '96, '97) when we chose not to suit up a #3 QB because if push came to shove, Marcus Allen could play QB... That allowed us to get special teams guys on the field.

I also, don't understand why you would need an inactive list for FF. Those guys who don't play are usually #7 LBs, #6 WRs, #4 safeties, #5 RBs, etc... If you're honestly drafting guys like Chris Horn and Dee Brown, you're probably in trouble...

KCJake
08-22-2005, 02:42 PM
I also, don't understand why you would need an inactive list for FF. Those guys who don't play are usually #7 LBs, #6 WRs, #4 safeties, #5 RBs, etc... If you're honestly drafting guys like Chris Horn and Dee Brown, you're probably in trouble...
My bad, I am looking for a Injured Reserve list. For example, Rex Grossman. My FF League uses the "Pre-Draft Player Rankings" system. I just want to exclude all players that are already on the injured reserve list.