PDA

View Full Version : Help me, please.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I have a couple stress factors in my life that only you guys can help me with. I don't want to sound like a bitch, beg, nor play the guilt card. I'd rather keep it all rosey and positive - but that approach doesn't seem to be working for me right now.

1. ChiefsPlanet gear. We ordered what you guys said you wanted to buy. We have more than half of it left. If you voted to order ChiefsPlanet gear, please complete your order in the Planet store by paying and getting it shipped. If you didn't vote to buy ChiefsPlanet gear and you'd like some, feel free to order it now. The other people have had more than enough time to get their orders in.

2. 37 Forever tickets. I need some support here. We 37 Forever volunteers give our time and energy to make these events happen. If you don't support them, there will be no events and there will be no 37 Forever. I especially need locals to attend the Friday night Pony Express event. I know it's a ways off, but it's really not. So, please visit the Planet Store and order your tickets to the Friday and Saturday events.

RedNFeisty
08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
I put down that I wanted a shirt and hat, things got tight around here, sorry. I will get them ordered hopefully this week or next.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 09:40 AM
It might help to have a little more information about what is going on at the Pony Express other than sampling their wares.

WisChief
08-22-2005, 09:42 AM
I picked up a cap and a shirt this weekend and let me tell you guys - the hats especially are really NICE. The red fitted ones are the type that have the stretch headband in them. Much more comfy than any other fitted caps I've ever had. And for $20 it's worth every penny.

morphius
08-22-2005, 09:43 AM
I figured I would grab the hat from you next time I saw you, try to save the shipping. Just didn't think I would miss every gathering so far this summer.

BigRedChief
I picked up a cap and a shirt this weekend and let me tell you guys - the hats especially are really NICE. The red fitted ones are the type that have the stretch headband in them. Much more comfy than any other fitted caps I've ever had. And for $20 it's worth every penny.

I vouch for that also. The best Chiefs hat ever. Period. HOF induction to follow.

ptlyon
And, if I may tag along here...

Please consider being a contestant for the 37 Forever cook off contest for the Saturday event. You may read more about it here. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121239)

As of now we only have 2 contestants and two judges that have volunteered - we need LOTS more for this to be a success.

The Saturday event will be a good time and for a good cause, but we need your help to make it really fly!

So please, consider getting involved!

Thanks.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:49 AM
It might help to have a little more information about what is going on at the Pony Express other than sampling their wares.

Thanks for the opportunity to explain.

We're going to feed you dinner (catered Tex-Mex) at Pony Express and of course you'll be able to enjoy all their beverage offerings. Additionally, we'll have our standard auction which is always a big hit. Our event is informal, which means it's unlike other charity events you may have attended in the past. You're not in your chair listening to people speak all night. There will be a brief presentation of 37 Forever's accomplishments and plans for the coming year. There will be an accomplished speaker who will briefly entertain you. Hopefully there will be at least one former/current Chief to support the cause as well.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:51 AM
And, if I may tag along here...

Please consider being a contestant for the 37 Forever cook off contest for the Saturday event. You may read more about it here. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121239)

As of now we only have 2 contestants and two judges that have volunteered - we need LOTS more for this to be a success.

The Saturday event will be a good time and for a good cause, but we need your help to make it really fly!

So please, consider getting involved!

Thanks.

Yeah - thanks for that. It's not a current stress factor for me because I found a couple of suckers to take responsibility. I still can't believe they fell for my pitch. Please help the Lyon brothers on the cookoff.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-22-2005, 09:52 AM
I think I actually ended up ordering more than I even voted to order. Come on bitches!

Everything is quality btw Phob.... thanks.

wolfpack0735
08-22-2005, 09:53 AM
i`m putting a son through collage,just married one off,and two more girls close to collage. i made a donation to the plant(as much as i could afford) and have bought 4 shirts. if i can afford this on my $hitty salary others can two. please help out.

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 09:55 AM
I don't think I was originally down as a clothes orderer, but I'm intending to buy a t-shirt or something. It's just not top of mind.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the opportunity to explain.

We're going to feed you dinner (catered Tex-Mex) at Pony Express and of course you'll be able to enjoy all their beverage offerings. Additionally, we'll have our standard auction which is always a big hit. Our event is informal, which means it's unlike other charity events you may have attended in the past. You're not in your chair listening to people speak all night. There will be a brief presentation of 37 Forever's accomplishments and plans for the coming year. There will be an accomplished speaker who will briefly entertain you. Hopefully there will be at least one former/current Chief to support the cause as well.

Enjoy all their beverage offerings? What does this mean? Free beer all night? Or a cash bar?

Informal? Does that mean the women flash us their bits?

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Enjoy all their beverage offerings? What does this mean? Free beer all night? Or a cash bar?

Informal? Does that mean the women flash us their bits?

That means free beer all night.

You'll have to run the other question by the women in attendance.

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
I'll mention that I do what I can, when I can.

Its highly likely that I'll not be able to attend the weekend functions, but more likely the gameday activities. Others, like me, can chose to support what they can, even if they can't attend.

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah - thanks for that. It's not a current stress factor for me because I found a couple of suckers to take responsibility. I still can't believe they fell for my pitch. Please help the Lyon brothers on the cookoff.

We aren't stessing about the cook-off - yet.

But we need more participation otherwise we will have to look for other options as far as food for Saturday.

Phil came up with the idea for the cook off as there quite a few posters here that are very proud of their smoking/BBQ.

One would imagine there would be plenty of interest of being touted as the King of Chiefsplanet BBQ.

So all of you who are planning on attending the Saturday event and are real proud of your 'Q - please consider signing up!

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 10:01 AM
I know I'd like to dominate the field with my beer can-apple stuffed-honey opposum...but there is an opening for someone else to win this year.

WisChief
08-22-2005, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=ptlyon]
Phil came up with the idea for the cook off as there quite a few posters here that are very proud of their smoking/BBQ.

One would imagine there would be plenty of interest of being touted as the King of Chiefsplanet BBQ.
QUOTE]

And I must say that Phil did a mighty fine job on his BBQ offerings Sat. Even if he did forget the coals and top grate for the grill. :p

Phobia

I'm sorry guys. The cookoff was the LAST thing I was worried about. I figured all the guys would be all over that deal. I'm guessing they're intimidated by all the great stuff I smoke - you know since I've been smoking food for so long and everything. I may need to withdraw my 6 months of experience.

BigRedChief
That means free beer all night.

Who's the designated driver for me?

Phobia
08-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Who's the designated driver for me?

Jazzzlovr?

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 10:16 AM
As a volunteer for 37 Forever I'd like to chime in as well by reminding everyone how good of a cause 37 Forever is.Personally,we've had two more kids that have drowned in this area in the last year.

I appreciate the fact that money is tight and remember the wife and I are opening our place up on that weekend if you need a place to stay at no charge.We have camping and or gameroom space available so you don't have to worry about hotel costs.

Lastly,if you haven't seen the recent pics I posted on our swim lessons in the pictures forum please take a minute to look,those kids are the reason we volunteer our time.

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry guys. The cookoff was the LAST thing I was worried about.

No need to be sorry - it should not be your concern - yet.

As I say, if we do not get more participation then we will have to probably go with having something catered. Then it will be Phil's responsibility.

And you guys don't want Phil to have a nervous breakdown, do ya? :p

If people don't start getting involved, I will have a major rant in the cook off thread, and you don't want that to happen.

And then my bro will start to b@tch - he's good at that.

So c'mon people - let's get involved!

Mr. Laz
08-22-2005, 10:19 AM
i'll be ordering another shirt pretty soon ... someone liked the last one so much that i ended up giving it away. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-22-2005, 10:20 AM
all the great stuff I smoke
I knew it.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Phil,

Can you bring some of the unsold items to Joe's on Saturday of 37Forever weekend? I know I'd buy a thing of two in addition to what I already have. I'd be surprised if others wouldn't do the same. Otherwise, I can visit the store again too.

Thanks for all you do.

Note to CP Members and Chief fans lucky enough to live in KC:
Last year was my first 37Forever involvement; it's a great group of people and a worthy cause ..... and the banquet is a good time. It would be even better, if a few of you lazy butts would get off your lazy boys and come hang out with some of the fine folks here.

You get to meet, mix, and mingle with some folks you've gotten to know from this zany place--and you quickly realize what a great place this is. Yes, for some of you, up until now, it's been "on-line" interaction....but these people are among the most genuinely nice, funny, cool people I've met. They are NOT the computer-whiz shy-types who some might imagine them to be....*cough* Clint *cough* Hell, even if Duhnise and TJ showed up, I'd be willing to bet I'd be sharing a brew with them and would get along just fine with them, in person anyway...heh. :p

The $$ is for a very good cause...includes food and entertainment, and it's for less than many of us would typically spend on a Friday night anyway. I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm, I'm just trying to give a first hand account of someone who wasn't so sure last year. If for whatever reason, you might be feel weird about showing up someplace and meeting people you've never "met" in real life, GET OVER IT! I'm an extrovert-type person by nature, so I wondered about meeting what I perceived to be more of an introverted crowd....suffice it to say, these folks are a lot of fun.

Do yourself a favor, and plan to attend Friday night as a "warm-up" to Saturday at Joe's. And, FTR....if you are not planning to attend Joe's on Saturday of that weekend--boy, are you missing out, IMHO. :D

Phobia
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
I knew it.

Heh heh.

If I still toked, I wouldn't be worried about it. I'd be, like "dude, I hope nobody else orders tickets for that brewery event, more food for us".

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Heh heh.

If I still toked, I wouldn't be worried about it. I'd be, like "dude, I hope nobody else orders tickets for that brewery event, more food for us".
That's the right attitude!

I wish I could make it to that...I just can't.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 10:23 AM

It's the only hat I wear much anymore; got to get another before it gets stinky.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-22-2005, 10:25 AM
and you quickly realize what a great place this is. Yes, for some of you, up until now, it's been "on-line" interaction....but these people are among the most genuinely nice, funny, cool people I've met.
Awwwwww... I love you too...

:D

Phobia
08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Phil,

Can you bring some of the unsold items to Joe's on Saturday of 37Forever weekend? I know I'd buy a thing of two in addition to what I already have. I'd be surprised if others wouldn't do the same. Otherwise, I can visit the store again too.

Sure, no problem. Thanks for the first hand account of your experience.

I think that we give an impression that we have 37 Forever all under control. Everything is taken care of and nobody has to worry about anything. Not so. We're winging it up until the last moment every year.

If you can't afford to attend the events, there's certainly something you can do to earn tickets. If you'd like to come and can't afford it, I can give you a letter to solicite auction items. If the SRP of your auction item(s) adds up to $100, you've just earned a ticket. If you sell 10 tickets to any event, I'm going to give you a ticket.

There are other volunteer opportunities available as well.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Awwwwww... I love you too...

:D

Yeah, I gotta admit....you and ENDelt--I didn't know what to expect. But I survived the experience. Heh. ;)

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I gotta admit....you and ENDelt--I didn't know what to expect. But I survived the experience. Heh. ;)

TMI

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 10:42 AM
If you can't afford to attend the events, there's certainly something you can do to earn tickets. If you'd like to come and can't afford it, I can give you a letter to solicit auction items. If the SRP of your auction item(s) adds up to $100, you've just earned a ticket. If you sell 10 tickets to any event, I'm going to give you a ticket.

Auction?

Do you want my new pair of Size 13 Kiki Vandeweghe-autographed Converse All-Stars? They've been sitting in my office for a year.

If you think they'll bring any money, just pm me an address and I'll ship 'em to you.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 10:43 AM
TMI

What? :shrug:

I just thought, "is there anyone who might wanna kick my azz?" I wasn't sure about beer me and ENDelt.....but, hell, it was Tim I shoulda been wonderin' about. Heh.

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Do you want my new pair of Size 13 Kiki Vandeweghe-autographed Converse All-Stars? They've been sitting in my office for a year.

Somehow that commercial about the lime green car just flashed through my head...

What color?

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 10:46 AM
What? :shrug:

Read it again, but put Anton and DC instead of bm and Enddelt.

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Somehow that commercial about the lime green car just flashed through my head...

What color?

Classic black.

Maybe there's some fellow out there right now going, "Black shoes? Sweet."

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Read it again, but put Anton and DC instead of bm and Enddelt.

Damn, that was a long way to get there....but, now that I'm there, I understand. :hmmm:

Anton? Nah....I'm not afraid of myself; and DC and I have made peace, I think. So, no....bm and End were definitely more along the lines, "what are those guys really like" types.....heh.

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I have a framed Grbac picture and a large matted Rison collage,wonder how much someone would offer NOT to bring it.

WilliamTheIrish
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Sorry Phobes

I've got no excuse.

My order will be placed post haste.

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Anton? Nah....

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
I'm a schizophrenic
and so am I.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
I'm a schizophrenic
and so am I.

I love the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and toilet humor; but I'm also amused by more sophisticated stuff....banter, conundrum, irony, satire, and, yes, parody.

If my attempts at humor fell short for you and others, I apologize. :shrug:

Braincase
08-22-2005, 11:22 AM
People are missing out on PRIME TIME opportunities to gag your friends that are Raider fans and Bronco fans.

Get 'em drunk, wait for 'em to puke, then...

No, wait. Take pics of them in their Raider/Bronco gear with puke on them.

I about lost it there for a second... apologies.

MOhillbilly
08-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Checks in the mail:)

No really ill send a MO after ig et paid fri for a shirt.

How BIG are the hats? I said i wanted one but it didnt sound like they would fit.

Braincase
08-22-2005, 11:43 AM

How BIG are the hats? I said i wanted one but it didnt sound like they would fit.

After seeing this pic of you on the left, I doubt any hat would fit.

http://img188.exs.cx/img188/7373/titowah3lk.jpg

MOhillbilly
08-22-2005, 11:57 AM
hardy har har har!:harumph:

WisChief
08-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Red Mesh Flex-Fit Cap has the look and feel of a fitted cap but has a flexible band which allows it to fit multiple sized heads. 6 panel low profile 100% poly pique mesh cap with grey undervisor, stretches to fit most head sizes. S/M 6 3/4 - 7 1/4 ; L/XL 7 1/8 - 7 5/8

Stone Unstructured Cap (also known as a "slouch" cap) is fully adjustable via a buckle in the back.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 12:10 PM

I used to run 7 3/4-7 7/8....it fits me fine.

HemiEd
08-22-2005, 12:40 PM

Your noggin is almost as big as mine. I have literally hundreds of hats and these Planet hats are a couple of the nicer ones. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Your noggin is almost as big as mine. I have literally hundreds of hats and these Planet hats are a couple of the nicer ones. :thumb:

There use to be a legend of Phobia having a noggin' in our league, but apparently it was a lie.... :hmmm:

Bob Dole
08-22-2005, 01:19 PM
We aren't stessing about the cook-off - yet.

But we need more participation otherwise we will have to look for other options as far as food for Saturday.

Put Bob Dole down to stand to the side and yell obnoxious shit while he consumes inhuman quantities of beer. Bob Dole will go ahead and volunteer ENDelt for the same.

Does that help?

Rain Man
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM

"Used to?" What, does a lobotomy decrease your skull size or something?

ptlyon
08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Put Bob Dole down to stand to the side and yell obnoxious shit while he consumes inhuman quantities of beer. Bob Dole will go ahead and volunteer ENDelt for the same.

Does that help?

We thank you for your support.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 01:24 PM
"Used to?" What, does a lobotomy decrease your skull size or something?

Yeah, so? :mad:

It also removes the self-control and moral decision making portion of the brain, IIRC. :cuss:

You coming to Joe's? :hmmm:

MOhillbilly
08-22-2005, 01:50 PM
7-7/8 at the min.w/ completely shaved grape.

Boise_Chief
08-22-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm not getting the pics in the order thread. I just want to make sure I order the right hat. If people aren't gonna buy the stuff they ordered I'll take theirs. :p

Boise_Chief
08-22-2005, 03:29 PM
Ordered a hat, but can't get paypal to go through. I keep getting an error and a try again later. So, I'll try again later. BTW I wasn't logged in I'm getting the pics now.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Repost from earlier, for those too lazy to page through the thread....come on guys, buck up!

Last year was my first 37Forever involvement; it's a great group of people and a worthy cause ..... and the banquet is a good time. It would be even better, if a few of you lazy butts would get off your lazy boys and come hang out with some of the fine folks here.

You get to meet, mix, and mingle with some folks you've gotten to know from this zany place--and you quickly realize what a great place this is. Yes, for some of you, up until now, it's been "on-line" interaction....but these people are among the most genuinely nice, funny, cool people I've met. They are NOT the computer-whiz shy-types who some might imagine them to be....*cough* Clint *cough* Hell, even if Duhnise and TJ showed up, I'd be willing to bet I'd be sharing a brew with them and would get along just fine with them, in person anyway...heh.

The $$ is for a very good cause...includes food and entertainment, and it's for less than many of us would typically spend on a Friday night anyway. I'm not trying to twist anyone's arm, I'm just trying to give a first hand account of someone who wasn't so sure last year. If for whatever reason, you might be feel weird about showing up someplace and meeting people you've never "met" in real life, GET OVER IT! I'm an extrovert-type person by nature, so I wondered about meeting what I perceived to be more of an introverted crowd....suffice it to say, these folks are a lot of fun.

Do yourself a favor, and plan to attend Friday night as a "warm-up" to Saturday at Joe's. And, FTR....if you are not planning to attend Joe's on Saturday of that weekend--boy, are you missing out, IMHO.

chiefs4me
08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Well I am one of those who hasn't sent my order form...even though it is sitting here on the dresser just needing a stamp....very sorry, it will be sent this week.

And as for the party, everytime I mention it to the other half, the reply is, you know we are going back home at Thanksgiving and in Jan for Mom and Dad's party....so I don't think I will get to go to the parties.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
...And as for the party, everytime I mention it to the other half, the reply is, you know we are going back home at Thanksgiving and in Jan for Mom and Dad's party....so I don't think I will get to go to the parties.

Ppffftttt. Southwest Flights from Texas to KC are really cheap. Leave him home.

Hell, Skip might even show up then. :hmmm:

Clint in Wichita
08-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Repost from earlier, for those too lazy to page through the thread....come on guys, buck up!

You get to meet, mix, and mingle with some folks you've gotten to know from this zany place--and you quickly realize what a great place this is. Yes, for some of you, up until now, it's been "on-line" interaction....but these people are among the most genuinely nice, funny, cool people I've met. They are NOT the computer-whiz shy-types who some might imagine them to be....*cough* Clint *cough* Hell, even if Duhnise and TJ showed up, I'd be willing to bet I'd be sharing a brew with them and would get along just fine with them, in person anyway...heh.

Do yourself a favor, and plan to attend Friday night as a "warm-up" to Saturday at Joe's. And, FTR....if you are not planning to attend Joe's on Saturday of that weekend--boy, are you missing out, IMHO.

I won't be attending this, or any other face-to-face gathering because of a very small number of Planeteers who weren't nearly shy enough. They know who they are, and what I'm talking about.

chiefs4me
08-22-2005, 04:02 PM
Ppffftttt. Southwest Flights from Texas to KC are really cheap. Leave him home.

Hell, Skip might even show up then. :hmmm:

And what would I do for a car?

What would I do with the 4 year old?

I have more what would I do's...ROFL

And this is not a diss on anybody....I am not starting anything, but some posters might have a problem attending these functions, after they have been so warmly received on here....just a thought.:p

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 04:03 PM
I won't be attending this, or any other face-to-face gathering because of a very small number of Planeteers who weren't nearly shy enough. They know who they are, and what I'm talking about.

Fair enough. That's too bad; some of us say stupid stuff we wouldn't dare, in face-to-face interactions--even me. Sorry to hear someone probably did that to you.

FWIW, I was bettin' you couldn't be nearly as grumpy in person, as you are here. :)

chiefs4me
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM

Good god clint, I almost think you were standing over my shoulder..ROFL

Now where is that wife of yours....:hmmm:

Phobia
08-22-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm not asking for explanations from everybody. Everybody has stuff in their life. I'd like this community, especially the locals to make their best effort to help support the events. The charity benefits this community and those communities who have opened their own chapters. There's no sense in 90% out of towners carrying the bill. There's a handful of people who fly in or drive in from hundreds of miles away and they open their checkbook every year for 37 Forever. It's disappointing to look around and see the out of town guys vastly outnumber the locals.

At our 3rd annual event the only locals at our banquet were my parents and the Dartgod family. I'd like to see the locals do better than that this year. Quite frankly, if I can't get 100 KC area residents to care enough about 37 Forever to drop $50 then I don't care either. Take that however you want.

BigRedChief
08-22-2005, 04:05 PM

But I don't know what you are talking about. Enlighten my dumb ass.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 04:08 PM
And this is not a diss on anybody....I am not starting anything, but some posters might have a problem attending these functions, after they have been so warmly received on here....just a thought.:p

Warm receptions are easier in person. The lack of accountability on the net allows some to say and do stupid stuff on occaision--but usually it's not a pattern of behavior (no, I'm not saying you have.) I've been guilty. Usually though, most of us can rebound....some of us even apologize....and move on. It has to be a two way street though.

Clint in Wichita
08-22-2005, 04:10 PM
But I don't know what you are talking about. Enlighten my dumb ass.

All I can/will say right now is that it has nothing to do with anything posted on the Planet.

KC Dan
08-22-2005, 04:14 PM
Warm receptions are easier in person. The lack of accountability on the net allows some to say and do stupid stuff on occaision--but usually it's not a pattern of behavior (no, I'm not saying you have.) I've been guilty. Usually though, most of us can rebound....some of us even apologize....and move on. It has to be a two way street though.
Especially if they're HOT! ROFL

chiefs4me
08-22-2005, 04:22 PM

You could be right, blame it on me, for not caring enough to make the effort...since I am so far away.

But I feel bad about Phob's 37 forever club....if I read it right, only a handful of posters from the Kc area showed up last year? If I was in Kc or closer, you couldn't keep me away. I can't really believe that. How many posters on here actually live in Mo? Does anybody know?

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 04:32 PM
You could be right, blame it on me, for not caring enough to make the effort...since I am so far away.

But I feel bad about Phob's 37 forever club....if I read it right, only a handful of posters from the Kc area showed up last year? If I was in Kc or closer, you couldn't keep me away. I can't really believe that. How many posters on here actually live in Mo? Does anybody know?

FTR, I wasn't "blaming" you, at all.

I agree, and I really admire what the organization and group has done. It is, indeed, too bad more local KC people aren't involved. That really does need to change, if it's to make a go of it.

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
I think most who know me know I love a good party and love hosting one as well,however,I'd like to reiterate my earlier post.As much as these events are surrounded by a party atmosphere let's take a moment to reflect on why we do it.

Joe Delaney gave his all and all were asking is for a little time and money so that the foundation can continue to keep his memory alive by offering swim scholarships to underpriviledged kids.

Besides where in the world can you get 3 meals and all you can drink for $87 which includes a live band and some damn fine company if I say so myself.

Again,not to sound holier than though but I've only been involved in this for right at a year and it's amazing how much local support I'm getting in the St.Joe area.

Lastly,if we call Chiefs Planet our internet home I think we should do whatever we can to get behind its charity.If that means sending 5 bucks so be it.Phil has laid out ways you can even get free tickets and we have free places to sleep but bottom line just like what Joe Delaney did it's going to take some sort of sacrifice.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble and I hope to see you 37 Forever Weekend.

KC Dan
08-22-2005, 04:43 PM
& you can not beat this kind of entertainment:
Endelt drinking and the during and after effects
Fraz and his ranting
Screen doors flying
Montana beating the Donks on tape
Watching some of pretend we know how to play poker
Tammie being crazy, well quitely....
and much, much more

It is a great time!!!!

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Screen doors flying

Sorry,we had to scratch that from the entertainment line-up this year. :D

Phobia
08-22-2005, 04:56 PM
You can watch Lzen and Phobia playing catch, too. According to those people on the deck, there was a lot of entertainment value there.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
That's catch with a football, pervs.

morphius
08-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Shouldn't that be "Scrn door's flying" since the e's will probably all be in hiding.

morphius
08-22-2005, 04:59 PM
You can watch Lzen and Phobia playing catch, too. According to those people on the deck, there was a lot of entertainment value there.
The funny thing is that it was mostly your wife making fun of you.

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Shouldn't that be "Scrn door's flying" since the e's will probably all be in hiding.

With beer me on the prowl I'm still debating on whether to take down all hanging objects and letters.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-22-2005, 06:56 PM
(an unsolicited testimonial)

Folks,

I had a good enough time at the get-together last year that I'm flying back in to KC to do it again this year and hope to make it an every year event.

Phobia, can I get a confirmation on my banquet tickets?

Plus, the ChiefsPlanet gear is cool. Wore mine out tonight to annoy the local Ravens fans. ;)

JOhn
08-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I'll try and set a little aside this payday. Didn't order any to begin with, but from the looks seems to be very high quality gear. :thumb:

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:02 PM
(an unsolicited testimonial)

Folks,

I had a good enough time at the get-together last year that I'm flying back in to KC to do it again this year and hope to make it an every year event.

Phobia, can I get a confirmation on my banquet tickets?

Plus, the ChiefsPlanet gear is cool. Wore mine out tonight to annoy the local Ravens fans. ;)

Your payment has been received. Your name is on the list. In the interest of saving a few bucks, this is a ticketless banquet. You'll be granted entry when your limo drops you at the door.

Saulbadguy
08-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I can't wait. I have had fun at the other Chiefsplanet member gatherings i've been to, so this shouldn't be any different.

Archie F. Swin
08-22-2005, 07:13 PM
I bought a hat

it better look better than this:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=45918&stc=1
:hmmm:

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:19 PM
DA didn't pull that down on his grape. I dunno what happened there. Heh heh. They look good. I have one of each.

Archie F. Swin
08-22-2005, 07:29 PM
DA didn't pull that down on his grape. I dunno what happened there. Heh heh. They look good. I have one of each.

Braincase claims he plucked that lid from the seat of your truck moments before the pic was taken. Poor Derrick!
:shake:

Coach
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
Will send a check to you soon for the Red XL cap, and a grey XXL Shirt Phil.

Things just got a little tight around here, as my money had to go towards other things, such as tire repair for the riding mower, etc.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Still soliciting for people interested in entering the cook-off at Nzoners Saturday.....

37 Forever is buying whatever you'd like to offer up as an entree. PM myself or ptlyon for more information.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Braincase claims he plucked that lid from the seat of your truck moments before the pic was taken. Poor Derrick!

That's actually true.

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Still soliciting for people interested in entering the cook-off at Nzoners Saturday.....

37 Forever is buying whatever you'd like to offer up as an entree. PM myself or ptlyon for more information.
Its a shame I cook as well as I spell, and have almost as much interest in fixing either issue.

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Maybe his grape is a lot smaller then your grape.

Nothing against DA, from everything I have heard he is a great guy, but its hard to make that boy look pretty.

Archie F. Swin
08-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Maybe his grape is a lot smaller then your grape.

Nothing against DA, from everything I have heard he is a great guy, but its hard to make that boy look pretty.

and a hat thats been close to Phil's ass isn't going to improve anything
:harumph:

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Its a shame I cook as well as I spell, and have almost as much interest in fixing either issue.

Then I hope you enjoy a good baloney sandwich cause that might be just what you get. j/k

Phobia
08-22-2005, 07:41 PM
It was a new cap, damnit.

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
and a hat thats been close to Phil's ass isn't going to improve anything
:harumph:
At least he didn't pass out.

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Then I hope you enjoy a good baloney sandwich cause that might be just what you get. j/k
Being the low life that I am thats probably what I deserve.

Might have to sneak a piece of cheese in for that one.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Being the low life that I am thats probably what I deserve.

Might have to sneak a piece of cheese in for that one.

Fair enough. I'm sure you'll do the right thing and bring in a whole package of cheese to donate. :)

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 07:49 PM

37 Forever is buying whatever you'd like to offer up as an entree,

Disclaimer:"whatever" does not include the likes of lobster,shrimp,crab filets,t-bones........ :D

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Fair enough. I'm sure you'll do the right thing and bring in a whole package of cheese to donate. :)
For BBQ? Dear God Man! ptlyon was right, you have NO clue what you are doing when it comes to BBQ!!!

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
For BBQ? Dear God Man! ptlyon was right, you have NO clue what you are doing when it comes to BBQ!!!

As God is my witness I'd love for both of us to enter and settle once and for all the great rib debate.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-22-2005, 07:56 PM
bitch

morphius
08-22-2005, 07:59 PM
As God is my witness I'd love for both of us to enter and settle once and for all the great rib debate.
LOL! It would be nice if you could, doubling the number of people would be a great thing for the event.

mlyonsd
08-22-2005, 08:09 PM
LOL! It would be nice if you could, doubling the number of people would be a great thing for the event.

Still could happen if we get enough volunteers and still need a couple more cookers.

We're traveling about 300 miles and I'd have to bring homeade rub, sauce, smoker and grill. All he'd need is a propane torch, bottle of ketchup, tootpicks and dental floss. I think we could get all that in the truck.

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 08:12 PM
We're traveling about 300 miles

Did you guys decide on a hotel yet or are you going to crash here?

OldTownChief
08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
I plan on ordering some Planet gear before the 37 forever weekend. I also expect some/all of my group of 9 coming to the game will hand you some donations to go along with mine.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 08:20 PM
I plan on ordering some Planet gear before the 37 forever weekend. I also expect some/all of my group of 9 coming to the game will hand you some donations to go along with mine.

I appreciate you saying that.

Here's my real issue.

The cost of the brewery banquet facility is the same to us whether we bring 50 or 120. So, everything over 50 is a bonus to us. If we can't get 100 people out to Friday's banquet, I've failed as a leader.

go bo
08-22-2005, 09:05 PM
I appreciate you saying that.

Here's my real issue.

The cost of the brewery banquet facility is the same to us whether we bring 50 or 120. So, everything over 50 is a bonus to us. If we can't get 100 people out to Friday's banquet, I've failed as a leader.i wish you wouldn't feel that way...

you can't control what people do or don't do...

you can never regard yourself as a failure when it comes to 37 forever...

you help found it and you give so much time and energy to it...

without you, not one kid would be learning to swim...

you just have to accept that you do what you can and that's all you can do...

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Has attendance at a banquet ever reached 100?

No, but we've never had an open bar for 4 hours either.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:19 PM
you just have to accept that you do what you can and that's all you can do...

Don't get me wrong. I'm proud of what we've accomplished. We've established our legitimacy and credibility within multiple communities. I've had something to do with that. We've gotten the thing off the ground and been dilligent. But I haven't been able to take it to the next step. As amateurs, we've done an amazing job. But 37 Forever needs somebody with fundraising skills at this juncture. Somebody to take the Foundation to the next level. Without funding, guidance, or a large break, I can't possibly do that because I have my own ventures that put food on the table.

Nzoner
08-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Phil,I just finished the hand draft of the flyer should have the typeset one to you sometime tomorrow.

dirk digler
08-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Phil I will do my part and me and the woman will be at the event Friday and Saturday and possibly at the game on Sunday.
Also like Kotter has suggested if you have extra gear you could bring it to the events and I would definitely buy some more. I should have gotten XL shirts my little baby sure sticks out.
I can't wait to meet you guys and gals and I will buy my tickets after the first of the month.

Phobia
08-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Phil I will do my part and me and the woman will be at the event Friday and Saturday and possibly at the game on Sunday.
Also like Kotter has suggested if you have extra gear you could bring it to the events and I would definitely buy some more. I should have gotten XL shirts my little baby sure sticks out.
I can't wait to meet you guys and gals and I will buy my tickets after the first of the month.

Thanks for stepping up, brutha. We'll definitely have Planet gear at all Planet related events until the stuff is sold out. FWIW, I had to upgrade to an XL, too.

If you need game tickets, let me know ASAP. Our game tickets are sold out, but I may be able to get some stragglers in the stadium on a case by case basis.

onescrewleftuntwisted
08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
if i get moved down to k.c. yall gonna see alot of me

Bowser
08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Apologies, Phil, for being a slug to get around to get the cash to you. I know I have a hat bookmarked, plus the party and banquet. Payment is on the way.

Someone earlier (Kotter?) suggested bringing extra gear for the auction. I think this is a very good idea, and would probably do some Christmas shopping if this were to happen.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-22-2005, 11:42 PM

Really? I have a 34 pound head also, and didn't think it would fit. I did vote that I'd buy it though, so I will honor that. Happily even :) Maybe Joe Seahawk will recognize me out there in the great big northwest ;)

Phobia
08-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Really? I have a 34 pound head also, and didn't think it would fit. I did vote that I'd buy it though, so I will honor that. Happily even :) Maybe Joe Seahawk will recognize me out there in the great big northwest ;)

Joe actually has a ChiefsPlanet cap.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Joe actually has a ChiefsPlanet cap.

Then I guess we'll recognize each other. I will place my order on Friday evening when I have more money in my account.

Mr. Kotter
08-22-2005, 11:54 PM

If nothing else, it would look good in your Chief's shrine--get some autographs or somethin'? It might still fit you though.....it's stretchy and comfy for me. Room to grow, even.

digi2fish
08-23-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd like this community, especially the locals to make their best effort to help support the events.

I'm a local of this community. ROFL
I enjoy my CP gears very much.

Mr. Flopnuts
If nothing else, it would look good in your Chief's shrine--get some autographs or somethin'? It might still fit you though.....it's stretchy and comfy for me. Room to grow, even.

I'm glad. I actually just bought a couple of those stretch flex hats and one fits and the other one pinces the shit out of my forehead where the bill comes down. I'd like the hat regardless, just happy it may actually fit my head. Thanks for the "heads" up............ba duh duh. :)

KcMizzou
I put down that I wanted a shirt and hat, things got tight around here, sorry. Same here... with the fire and all.

Get this. We moved to a town house in Parkville. Had been there less than six weeks. Well... it was struck by lightning and burnt Friday morning. I must not be livin' right. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.kctv5.com/Global/story.asp?S=3741542

We were the luckiest of the people who have to move. No water, or fire damage... just smoke.. that and they chopped the ceilings out in the 3rd floor. (so fiberglass insulation got all over everything.)

Everything's fine, it's just a huge pain in the ass. I just cant believe the luck. 2 fires in less then 2 months? WTF???

I want my shirt and hat though... they look sweet. I'll send in my order when I go back to work Saturday.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm a local of this community. ROFL
I enjoy my CP gears very much.

Yeah - dude from Taiwan ordered his Chiefs gear. Wait until you see the picture he has planned in his Planet gear.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Same here... with the fire and all.

Get this. We moved to a town house in Parkville. Had been there less than six weeks. Well... it was struck by lightning and burnt Friday morning. I must not be livin' right. Here's a link to the story.

We were the luckiest of the people who have to move. No water, or fire damage... just smoke.. that and they chopped the ceilings out in the 3rd floor. (so fiberglass insulation got all over everything.)

Everything's fine, it's just a huge pain in the ass. I just cant believe the luck. 2 fires in less then 2 months? WTF???

I want my shirt and hat though... they look sweet. I'll send in my order when I go back to work Saturday.

Bummer, dude. Anybody who has had 2 fires in 2 months gets into 37 Forever events free this year. Hopefully you can get off.

digi2fish
08-23-2005, 12:26 AM
Yeah - dude from Taiwan ordered his Chiefs gear. Wait until you see the picture he has planned in his Planet gear.

you know what, the problem is I can't find someone to take the picture for me, I walk by a view of Taipei Financial Center everyday on the way to my office, and I have my t-shirt and hat in my pack....

this morning I was trying to take a shot with the hat on but failed with the light problem, I'll try it these days.

ChiefsPlanet is all over the planet, yeh.
:thumb:

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
you know what, the problem is I can't find someone to take the picture for me, I walk by a view of Taipei Financial Center everyday on the way to my office, and I have my t-shirt and hat in my pack....

this morning I was trying to take a shot with the hat on but failed with the light problem, I'll try it these days.

ChiefsPlanet is all over the planet, yeh.
:thumb:

Figure out how to work the "auto-shoot delay" option, or whatever it is....that allows you 10 seconds to set the camera down, and then get your mug into the photo. Heh.

JOhn
08-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Holy smokes. I think Brandon wins the official "Shittiest Luck on ChiefsPlanet" award.

No shit, that would really start to freak me out. That's my biggest fear is that our place would catch on fire in the middle of the night, and I wouldn't be able to get all the kids, my wife or mom all to safety

Mr. Kotter
08-23-2005, 01:03 AM

You've been hangin' around Phil (Shlebrock), haven't you? :shake:

Excuse my manners: sorry about the tragedy, man. HANG in there. :thumb:

KcMizzou
08-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Holy smokes. Heh. No pun intended?

My boss says if I go to his neighborhood, he's moving. And they've dubbed me "Sparky". You've gotta laugh, ya know. It's a bit absurd.

tk13
08-23-2005, 02:07 AM

Holy crap. Glad to hear you're alright.

digi2fish
08-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Figure out how to work the "auto-shoot delay" option, or whatever it is....that allows you 10 seconds to set the camera down, and then get your mug into the photo. Heh.

then I need to carry a camera stand...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-23-2005, 05:25 AM
Too bad I'm not going to the World Kendo Championships in 2006 (as an observer, not a player). They're being held in Taipei then. It'd been great to get to meet you, digi2fish. Then we could have had two people walking round town in ChiefsPlanet gear.

Bob Dole
08-23-2005, 05:57 AM

WHAT?

Please tell Bob Dole that ExtremelyAccidentProneChief didn't indicate he's not going to make it this year. He's at least 1.4% of the reason Bob Dole makes the drive up from Texas.

mlyonsd
08-23-2005, 06:22 AM
Did you guys decide on a hotel yet or are you going to crash here?

We've got a hotel in St. Joe somewhere, Pat took care of the arrangements. There are 4 of us coming down after work Friday so we'll be looking to find the party wherever it is.

Thanks for the offer.

pink
08-23-2005, 08:14 AM

as long as you aren't moving again soon, we'll send you the gear. this stuff's too good to get burned up ya know. glad to hear no one got hurt.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 08:17 AM
you know what, the problem is I can't find someone to take the picture for me,

I have a really hard time believing you can't find an Asian to snap a picture. Do you know how many Asians I've had ask me to take their picture over the years?

MOhillbilly
08-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Are they doing the auction at the 37 forever dinner?
I have an item i could donate that my uncle got for me while w/ the Titans.
Yes? no?

Phobia
08-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Are they doing the auction at the 37 forever dinner?
I have an item i could donate that my uncle got for me while w/ the Titans.
Yes? no?

Yes.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Yes.

Autographed hat by jeavon kearse from his rookie year.
SB hats only given to the team.
(it just sits ina box on the bookshelf)
yes? no?

chagrin
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Well, no chance I can make it for any 37 forever stuff, or even tailgating, I just don't have the money to take the trip and my next trip is already planned and paid for to go somewhere else.

I can't wait to be able to afford to go up there thought.

I am going to complete my t-shirt/hat order this Friday or Monday, after payday.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Autographed hat by jeavon kearse from his rookie year.
SB hats only given to the team.
(it just sits ina box on the bookshelf)
yes? no?

Yeah - we'll put a minimum on it. If it doesn't fetch that at our auction, we'll ask JazzzLovr to put it on our ebay auctions.

MOhillbilly
08-23-2005, 08:45 AM
Yeah - we'll put a minimum on it. If it doesn't fetch that at our auction, we'll ask JazzzLovr to put it on our ebay auctions.

PM me an addy.

I dont know if he'd be interested,but you could drop him a mail,about 37 forever.Its worth a shot.

digi2fish
08-23-2005, 09:33 AM
I have a really hard time believing you can't find an Asian to snap a picture. Do you know how many Asians I've had ask me to take their picture over the years?

well, I just can't trust anybody I don't know to take over my camera and snap for me, I just don't trust the people here...

anywayz, I'll take the picture a.s.a.p., you have my word.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 09:39 AM
well, I just can't trust anybody I don't know to take over my camera and snap for me, I just don't trust the people here...

anywayz, I'll take the picture a.s.a.p., you have my word.

I was just kidding. Don't worry. Heh.

There's a funny stereotype about tourist Asians and their cameras in the states. Which was the reference I was trying to make with my post.

Bob Dole
08-23-2005, 09:39 AM

There's a funny stereotype about tourist Asians and their cameras in the states. Which was the reference I was trying to make with my post.

Racist.

digi2fish
08-23-2005, 09:42 AM

OMG, God bless you, Brandon...
take care, my friend.

digi2fish
08-23-2005, 09:47 AM

hel yeh, totally agree.
I think the Asians are crazy about taking pictures, but the ones we take are simular. for several times I asked my mom to stop taking pictures like that, I can put the shots of the people on different background with photoshop for her and get exactly the same thing.... ROFL

chiefs4me
08-23-2005, 10:25 AM

I am so sorry to hear this, I can't believe it happened again...:shake:

My offer of items still stands for your family, if you need them, pm me.

I will pray it doesn't happen in 3's like it always seems to do.:)

Lzen
08-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Hmm, seems like I looked at the gear last week and all that was left was the women's shirt and one or two other things. I guess I'll have to go back over there and look. Just got back from vacation and I'm broke right now, though. Will try to order something on Friday. ;)

Phobia
08-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Hmm, seems like I looked at the gear last week and all that was left was the women's shirt and one or two other things. I guess I'll have to go back over there and look. Just got back from vacation and I'm broke right now, though. Will try to order something on Friday. ;)

That's not the case at all. Did you gain this impression due to the layout of the gear thread or was it dumbassery on your part? My point is, if we need to make layout changes to prevent someone else from getting that impression, that's what we'll do.

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 12:17 PM
WHAT?

Please tell Bob Dole that ExtremelyAccidentProneChief didn't indicate he's not going to make it this year. He's at least 1.4% of the reason Bob Dole makes the drive up from Texas.

No indication that I know of,I was simply referring to the fact that I'm planning on keeping the damn door open this year.

Lzen
08-23-2005, 12:20 PM
That's not the case at all. Did you gain this impression due to the layout of the gear thread or was it dumbassery on your part? My point is, if we need to make layout changes to prevent someone else from getting that impression, that's what we'll do.

Probably just dumbassery on my part.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 12:27 PM
For the record, ExtremelyAccidentProneChief has paid and is coming to his 5th consecutive 37 Forever weekend. He is bringing not only his 18 year old son, Josh this year but also Josh's hotty girlfriend, and the rest of the family.

Bob Dole
08-23-2005, 12:29 PM
For the record, ExtremelyAccidentProneChief has paid and is coming to his 5th consecutive 37 Forever weekend. He is bringing not only his 18 year old son, Josh this year but also Josh's hotty girlfriend, and the rest of the family.

If the rest of the family is similarly accident prone, it's going to be one hell of a show!

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 12:30 PM

I'm making a note now to keep ALL doors open.

Lzen
08-23-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm making a note now to keep ALL doors open.

Good idea. Heh, I almost walked right through that screen door last year. ROFL

Archie F. Swin
08-27-2005, 04:44 PM
Isn't my buying a hat, worth a smattering of rep? I scratch your back....

BigRedChief
08-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Isn't my buying a hat, worth a smattering of rep? I scratch your back....

Bump for a scratch