PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com FFL

Sam
08-22-2005, 10:27 AM
So, I got into my first FFL. It's NFL.com and free so I thought I'd try it out. Here's my team. I might take a big bite on RB's when the Chiefs are on their bye week. I'm thinking that I should drop or trade Moss. What do you all think? Suggestions?

Actives:

Warner, Kurt QB ARI
Holmes, Priest RB KC
Johnson, Larry RB KC
Bruce, Isaac WR STL
Parker, Samie WR KC
Gonzalez, Tony TE KC
Vanderjagt, Mike K IND
Eagles, DST PHI

Reserves:
Carr, David QB HOU
Blaylock, Derrick RB NYJ
Burress, Plaxico WR NYG
Moss, Santana WR WAS
Franks, Bubba TE GB
Bears, DST CHI

morphius
08-22-2005, 10:32 AM
You need to pick up some RB's badly and the Chiefs bi-week will be painful. Well, and the QB situation isn't pretty.

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I think you're in serious trouble.

You've got to "diversify" that team, and get another RB and improve WRs..and QB

morphius
08-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Please tell me this is a 12 team league.

Sam
08-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Please tell me this is a 12 team league.

Yes it is.

morphius
08-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Yes it is.
Okay, whew. That makes more sense. Those are TOUGH! You are going to have to hope Warner comes through a lot better then he looked this weekend against the Chiefs, he has the weapons, just don't know about the running game and OL to protect him.

Sam
08-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I was surprised that 8 QB's went in the first round, Trent was #1, when I took Priest. Then I took TonyG in the 2nd. I screwed up in the thrid round, should have gotten a bigger name. Then they surprised me again by taking defense/ST in the 4th, I'd read I should wait until 7 or 8, so I felt I should get Philly while there was still a good one left. That left Warner in the 5th, not much of a choice otherwise. I got my kicker in the 6th and LJ was still there in the 7th. Then I went after wide-outs, maybe I can trade or pick one up on waivers. I went after backups after that.

Iowanian
08-22-2005, 11:24 AM
If 8 QBs went in the first round.....you've got no excuses for not having 2 top notch RBs and a top shelf WR.

morphius
08-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I was surprised that 8 QB's went in the first round, Trent was #1, when I took Priest. Then I took TonyG in the 2nd. I screwed up in the thrid round, should have gotten a bigger name. Then they surprised me again by taking defense/ST in the 4th, I'd read I should wait until 7 or 8, so I felt I should get Philly while there was still a good one left. That left Warner in the 5th, not much of a choice otherwise. I got my kicker in the 6th and LJ was still there in the 7th. Then I went after wide-outs, maybe I can trade or pick one up on waivers. I went after backups after that.
Well, it depends on how the league is set up. Some leagues the RB is the number one player, but in some the QB is. Its all how they do the scoring.