Is this a good trade for me?

The league gives .5 for every completion/running attempt
6pts for TD's
1 for 10 rushing yards
1 for 25 passing yards

I think I should do it.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Alexander is playing on a one year contract, he is going to blow up this year. I also like J Jones a lot this year but Alexander will be better at least from a fantasy perspective (scores more TDs).

Brees should be better than Bledsoe although the Cowboys do have some talent at WR. It will be interesting to see how Brees responds to the continuing pressure from Rivers.

So it really comes down to Droughns and Ricky. Ricky is out 4 weeks to begin the season which hurts. My first draft is coming up this weekend so I haven't been watching too closely, is Droughns going to start in Denver? Until someone breaks out and grabs that starting job, be very careful.

I wouldn't do it but that is just me. :shrug:

Ne14a40
08-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Droughns is a backup in Clevland now, behind Suggs, who i just read has a high ankle sprain.

Ne14a40
08-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Droughns is a backup in Clevland now, behind Suggs, who i just read has a high ankle sprain.

This league puts a lot of points at QB, it a half point for every completion.

Hydrae
08-22-2005, 11:59 AM

Ok, I will bow out now and go hide on some fantasy sites to get back up to speed. :banghead:

wutamess
08-22-2005, 12:19 PM
your trade proposal is dumb... nothing in it for you.

ct
08-22-2005, 12:23 PM
no deal, you're giving up a stud RB, plus another possible starting RB, along with a chump qb, for a 2nd tier RB(good one, but 2nd tier nonetheless), a chump RB(with only a little potential to contribute honestly) and a backup qb.

Unless you were totally desperate at QB, which you are not, this makes no sense for you. Even if you were desperate, you could do better.

wutamess
08-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Damn, what's this a 6 team league?
How'd you get all of those studs?

Mile High Mania
08-22-2005, 03:24 PM
There's not enough in return... just say no.

KCChiefsMan
08-22-2005, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't do it, Shaun Alexander is a fantasy STUD, should have easily been a top 5 pick in any league, Jones is good, but Alexander is way better right now. who knows when Rivers will get called to duty too, so Brees' value is questionable right now, who knows about Ricky Williams this year since they drafted a RB with the #2 pick.

I wouldn't do it

chagrin
08-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Line 'em up dude:

Alexander vs Jones = Alexander you lose
Bledsoe vs Brees = Brees you win
Droughns vs Williams = Droughns you lose

This is what's called a no brainer...I concur with the gentlemen so far, don't do it.

P.S. you would be a great fit in my fantasy league, would you like to sign up?

chiefz
08-23-2005, 09:02 AM
No way man, Alexander is worth more than Jones, Brees and Williams combined.

Chances are Brees won't be anywhere near as productive as he was last season, Jones while good is still not even close to the back alexander is and Williams not only looks out of football shape right now but will be lucky to get many snaps after missing the first four games of the season if the rookie turns out to be the real deal.

ZootedGranny
08-23-2005, 09:07 PM
I've got a guy currently assaulting me in my FF league trying to get Jamal Lewis & Tiki Barber away from me. He's put together 2 or 3 packages, most recently offering me Eddie Kennison, Priest Holmes & Warrick Dunn for Jimmy Smith, Lewis & Barber.

Having Larry Johnson already, getting Priest would be tremendous, but I'd then have a questionable backfield at my #2 RB spot (JJ Arrington & LJ as backups), and not only would I have to rely on Kennison (nothing against him, but I don't want him as my #2), but I'd have too many players from one team.

Unfortunately, the rest of his WR corps is either a superstar like Marvin Harrison, or trash like Eric Parker. He keeps trying though.

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Bledsoe looked horrendous last night. Jones will get a ton of carries but I wouldn't want both as Dallas won't score much. Droughns is okay but better than Rick-fins just paid like 290 mil to the rookie so I would not expect to see Williams much.

Mile High Mania
08-24-2005, 07:00 AM
I've got a guy currently assaulting me in my FF league trying to get Jamal Lewis & Tiki Barber away from me. He's put together 2 or 3 packages, most recently offering me Eddie Kennison, Priest Holmes & Warrick Dunn for Jimmy Smith, Lewis & Barber.

Having Larry Johnson already, getting Priest would be tremendous, but I'd then have a questionable backfield at my #2 RB spot (JJ Arrington & LJ as backups), and not only would I have to rely on Kennison (nothing against him, but I don't want him as my #2), but I'd have too many players from one team.

Unfortunately, the rest of his WR corps is either a superstar like Marvin Harrison, or trash like Eric Parker. He keeps trying though.

I've got an owner or two in my leagues that continue to offer trash for star players... it drives me crazy.