PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Ware played real well tonight

Ninjaman
08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Had a sack , INT and force fumble.

He might be legit competition for Johnson for ROY.

Wouldn't have minded it if the Chiefs had traded up a little to nab him.

nychief
08-22-2005, 09:54 PM

who cares who wins the ROY Award? WIN GAMES!!!

HolmeZz
08-22-2005, 10:14 PM
a) There's really nothing we could've given to trade up that far

b) We got Derrick friggin' Johnson. Enough with the second guessing.

KChiefs1
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I'll take DJ....remember Ware is a tweener!

CoMoChief
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
So youre saying that Ware is a better pick than DJ?!?! WTF are you thinking. I
m glad Mel Kiper and the gang degraded DJ's play because with out the help of media, DJ might not have fallen to us.

HolmeZz
08-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Kiper had us taking Ware, if I remember correctly. I wouldn't have had a problem with that scenario, in all honesty. I wasn't expecting to have a shot at DJ though.

tk13
08-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Yeah Kiper had Ware going to us. Had DJ going to the Lions at 10. Of course, if DJ had gone at 10... Ware/Merriman/Davis all went right before we picked. That would've been interesting.

philfree
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Next week we can compare performances after we play the Seahawks. DJ hasn't caused any TOs yet but he's made some pretty impressive plays. I'm seeing to many comparisons between him and Donny Edwards though. Edwards is a good player, a pro bowler, but DJ is much more physical then him I dare say he'll be better against the run and in rushing the QB then Edwards and he has the coverage ability that Donnie does too. DJ is the best all around LB that has come out in a long time. He's a do it all kind of player and if his weakness is taking on blocks then he doesn't have a weakness. Ware is a perfect fit for Parcells D and he apparently is going to be good for them and stand out like he did tonight but I'm glad we got DJ. What he can do is unlimited.

PhilFree:arrow:

TEX
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Next week we can compare performances after we play the Seahawks. DJ hasn't caused any TOs yet but he's made some pretty impressive plays. I'm seeing to many comparisons between him and Donny Edwards though. Edwards is a good player, a pro bowler, but DJ is much more physical then him I dare say he'll be better against the run and in rushing the QB then Edwards and he has the coverage ability that Donnie does too. DJ is the best all around LB that has come out in a long time. He's a do it all kind of player and if his weakness is taking on blocks then he doesn't have a weakness. Ware is a perfect fit for Parcells D and he apparently is going to be good for them and stand out like he did tonight but I'm glad we got DJ. What he can do is unlimited.

PhilFree:arrow:

Yep. The key is that as a "tweener" Ware will work well in Dallas' defensive scheme. That does not mean that he would have worked well in ours as we run it now. Because of that, I'd have taken DJ if both were available.

Wallcrawler
08-23-2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, Ware is playing in an entirely different defensive scheme than ours also, so you have to factor that in.

Derrick Johnson, in the few quarters of football that he has played, has really shown that he can do what needs to be done in OUR scheme.

He's fast, he's physical, (Just ask Mewelde Moore and J.J. Arrington...) and can do everything that we need him to do. Cover the tight end, rush the passer, and make plays sideline to sideline in the run defense.

Ware looked good the other night no doubt, but Id still take Johnson over him any day.

StcChief
08-23-2005, 07:10 AM
hind sight 20/20. Let it play out for Rookie of year.

Merril Hoge
08-23-2005, 07:12 AM
See? You folks should have taken Ware. He can tackle PLUS he's a sack machine.

htismaqe
08-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Living in th past...

Who ****in cares.

Coach
08-23-2005, 07:36 AM
See? You folks should have taken Ware. He can tackle PLUS he's a sack machine.

Go to hell.

http://yuma.tv/images/homer.jpg

jiveturkey
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
See? You folks should have taken Ware. He can tackle PLUS he's a sack machine.I didn't realize that he was available when we picked. :hmmm:

jspchief
08-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Not to take too much away from Ware's performance last night, but the Seahawks were blowing blocking assignments all night. They were letting guys into the backfield untouched. If they play that way against us, we're going to have some guys that wreak havoc as well.

el borracho
08-23-2005, 10:26 AM

I'm pretty sure that Scanlon has the Roy award locked up. ;)

Frosty
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Ware is a front-runner for DROY because of the market he plays in and because he plays for Parcells. Every time he has a sack, the LT comparison will be brought up.

No matter how well DJ plays, it will be tough for him to get national honors because of the market he is in. He isn't on the east coast or "America's Team".

ct
08-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I agree with nychief, let's just win the ball games!

That said, I think we can put to rest the Derrick Johnson is gonna win Def ROY. Ware looked damn good! Let's just focus on the games and forget about any other awards aside from the Lombardi!

vailpass
08-23-2005, 11:05 AM

Ware might be legit competition for Johnson for ROY? You have that backwards.
Last night on national TV playing for Parcells and wearing a Cowboys uniform Ware forced two fumbles, recovered one, had an interception, a sack and three tackles. In one half.
Today he is the leading ROY candidate head and shoulders above anyone else and the media will see to it that he gets every chance to stay that way. CNNSI's headline is: "One-man wrecking crew
Rookie linebacker leads Cowboys past Seahawks"

Still, you have to love Parcell's comments on Ware's play:

"He got a sack and got an interception. Let me look at the film," Dallas coach Bill Parcells said. "I didn't think he was great, if that's what you want."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/08/22/bc.fbn.cowboys.seahawks.ap/index.html

ptlyon
08-23-2005, 11:23 AM
One preseason game.

Yippee.