PDA

View Full Version : Greg Wesley Accountable for Actions Involving Teammate

chiefz
08-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Greg Wesley Accountable for Actions Involving Teammate

Greg Wesley would like to express his regret for the events that transpired after the Chiefs’ game versus the Minnesota Vikings in Minneapolis last Saturday night. “I was with a number of my teammates after the game and we were trying to be responsible while enjoying ourselves after a hard game and a long couple weeks of training camp,” said Wesley.

“We took some precautions to ensure we were not put into a position where we would be a distraction to anyone else, including not venturing out into the city but staying at the hotel club.” According to those present, one of the Chiefs’ players got agitated and created a disruptive situation that hotel and club personnel felt was not acceptable.

“I was trying to assist a teammate. I probably should have let him go but that is just not who I am,” said Wesley. Wesley went on to say, “My teammate was in trouble and I was trying to get him to his room before things escalated. In trying to help my friend my actions were misunderstood by local authorities. I guess I should have let him go on his own, but again, that just isn’t me.”

Wesley’s agent, Drew Pittman added, “We are not at liberty to discuss the ongoing legal issues associated with this event, but according to others present Greg was never threatening to the Police, he never made any disrespectful comments to the Police or acted in any way detrimental to them in their efforts to do their job. He was treated in a manner that we will most assuredly investigate.”

Wesley finished by saying, “My name and my reputation are very important to me. To be associated with this event is very upsetting to me. I am sorry for any embarrassment I might have caused the Kansas City Chiefs fans, the Chiefs’ organization, the Hunt family, the NFL and my family. My focus is on doing my job to help the Chiefs win the Super Bowl.”

http://www.chiefshuddle.com/wesley81805.html

Mr. Laz
08-23-2005, 09:02 AM
bump _________________ bump

~the sound of wesley throwing Savaii under the bus~

ROYC75
08-23-2005, 09:05 AM
School kids, break out the paddles....... :spank:

siberian khatru
08-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Too bad Wesley wasn't as quick to help out McCleon on that deep TD pass Saturday night.

jynni
08-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Isn't that almost word for word what Trent said regarding the Collins incident.

I guess the rest of the team really does follow Green's leadership.

Bob Dole
08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
It should not take an adult more than a week to come out with this sort of statement, but at least he's saying the correct thing.

PastorMikH
08-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Isn't that almost word for word what Trent said regarding the Collins incident.

I guess the rest of the team really does follow Green's leadership.

Either that or the Chiefs PR Dept is making them all read the same memo to the public.

chiefz
08-23-2005, 10:11 AM
It should not take an adult more than a week to come out with this sort of statement, but at least he's saying the correct thing.

Well, they are sort of busy with Training Camp and the Preseason.

chiefz
08-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Either that or the Chiefs PR Dept is making them all read the same memo to the public.

Actually this press release came from Greg Wesley and his agent Drew Pittman.

philfree
08-23-2005, 10:24 AM

Oh I don't know IMO it my be best for one to get their thoughts straight and let the dust clear before opening their mouth. I was wondering about this and if Wesley was arrested for just sticking his nose between Siavii and the cops. We may never know but I just wish Wesley would stick his nose between the ball and a WR.

PhilFree:arrow:

Katipan
08-23-2005, 10:26 AM
bump _________________ bump
~the sound of wesley throwing Savaii under the bus~

Thats a good way to break a bus

TRR
08-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Apology accepted. Now quit breaking down in deep coverage, and help McCleon out.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh I don't know IMO it my be best for one to get their thoughts straight and let the dust clear before opening their mouth. I was wondering about this and if Wesley was arrested for just sticking his nose between Siavii and the cops. We may never know but I just wish Wesley would stick his nose between the ball and a WR.

PhilFree:arrow:

Yeah, I'm guessing Wesley was looking for Carl to come to his defense as strongly as he came to Trent Green's. When that didn't happen, he and his agent opted to do a press release of their own.

Bob Dole
08-23-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, they are sort of busy with Training Camp and the Preseason.

Sure.

It's probably real difficult to find 5 minutes to pick up your cell phone and dictate something to your agent.

chiefz
08-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Sure.

It's probably real difficult to find 5 minutes to pick up your cell phone and dictate something to your agent.

Well, thats not exactly how it works but ok.

chiefz
08-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I'm guessing Wesley was looking for Carl to come to his defense as strongly as he came to Trent Green's. When that didn't happen, he and his agent opted to do a press release of their own.

Yeah, Carl's not likely to stick his neck out for to many players.

Its not uncommon at any rate, most press releases come from the players and their agents, then goes directly to the media as opposed to coming from team management.

ct
08-23-2005, 11:02 AM

Could be he was trying to avoid publicly abandoning his teammate, but was eventually persuaded to CYA. Junior has a history of this type of behavior, he'd better get his sh!t together quick.

kc rush
08-23-2005, 11:07 AM

I smell a Whitlock article coming. Its because Wesley is black you know.

shaneo69
08-23-2005, 11:30 AM
In other NFL news, the Rams have abandoned their experiment of moving Adam Archuleta from SS to FS because they realized the two positions are not interchangable.