PDA

View Full Version : One more little turd on the pile that is the Royals season...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 09:19 AM
.... nothing to see here............

:D

Dawson4004
08-23-2005, 09:27 AM
If I am not mistakin I believe that is a different Abraham Nunez. I think Denny Matthews said something about this when we played them. But I could be wrong.

siberian khatru
08-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Different Nunez. Ours was an OF.

Miles
08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
If I am not mistakin I believe that is a different Abraham Nunez. I think Denny Matthews said something about this when we played them. But I could be wrong.

Yeah your right. The Nunez on the Cardinals was acquired during free agency after he left the Pirates.

ChiTown
08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
...especially since a few people think I do nothing more here than bitch about them...

ABRAHAM NUNEZ... wasn't good enough to even make the team out of spring training.... now aside from Pujols/Carpenter... he's been argueably the brightest spot and an MVP of sorts replacing Scott Rolen in St. Louis.
I bet he'll really look back and be saddened by the day the Royals cut him loose at the beginning of the season, when he's starting for the best team in the NL in the playoffs.

Nice work KC coaching staff...

:shake:

ROFL

Easy big man. That's a different A.Nunez. Our guy was a OF ROFL

You go off on the Royals any chance you get, don't ya....;)

shakesthecat
08-23-2005, 09:40 AM
ROFL

Coach
08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Wouldn't matter what Nunez they would get. If it was our A. Nunez, he'd be putting up numbers better than he was doing here, I'm sure of it. :shake:

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 09:59 AM
[emily litella]Nevermind...[/emilylitella]

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 10:01 AM
OK, go find another turd!!

Good dog.

Phobia
08-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Outstanding. I'm embarrassed for beer me, but at the same time - how many professional ballplayers are named Abraham Nunez? Apparently 2.

It's not like the dude's name is Jose Sanchez.

Uatu
08-23-2005, 10:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=4608

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3725

ROFL

StcChief
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
I thought Glass was the largest one.

BigMeatballDave
08-23-2005, 11:42 AM
He he...

Frazod
08-23-2005, 12:06 PM
BTW, beer me, the Cardinals are the best team in baseball, not just the national league.

I guess you couldn't have f#cked up the topic post any more if you'd tried. :D

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Beer me's been strangely absent since posting this 3 hours ago. ROFL

Saulbadguy
08-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Keep ****ing doubting the Nunez twins!!

J Diddy
08-23-2005, 12:16 PM
ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Haha! Royals fans are pathetic AND stupid!

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Beer me's been strangely absent since posting this 3 hours ago. ROFL
OK.... my bad. At least you all will have this to make fun of me for for the rest of my life now so at least I have that.

:spock:

Oh and I went to lunch and drove over to Palmyra MO to the newspaper office.... that's why I was strangely adsent.

Imagine that... TWO Abrahamn Nunez's.... huh...... who knew............. **** me running..........

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 12:37 PM
OK.... my bad. At least you all will have this to make fun of me for for the rest of my life now so at least I have that.

Oh and I went to lunch and drove over to Palmyra MO to the newspaper office.... that's why I was strangely adsent.

Imagine that... TWO Abrahamn Nunez's.... huh...... who knew............. **** me running..........
ROFL

Too funny...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Haha! Royals fans are pathetic AND stupid!
How're those Rangers doing...

chiefz
08-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Not to burst your bubble even more but Nunez (while playing great) is hardly the brightest spot outside of Carpenter and Pujols either.

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Really. At least we know our team sucks ass, rather than making bold playoff predictions that make you look like a fool.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 12:41 PM

We're 17 games ahead of the Royals. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Really. At least we know our team sucks ass, rather than making bold playoff predictions that make you look like a fool.
The great thing is that I posted this thread....... and he's still a bigger dumbass.

Uatu

Someone I work with was predicting a division win for the Rangers early in the year. I told him they would finish in 3rd place at best.

Looks like they may even exceed my expecations - the Mariners are only 4 games back of them now ROFL

chiefz

Someone actually predicted the Royals would make the playoffs this season? :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
We're 17 games ahead of the Royals. :D
Yea... and the girl scouts are 30 games ahead of us.... what's your point?

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Yea... and the girl scouts are 30 games ahead of us.... what's your point?

I was just answering your question. :(

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Someone actually predicted the Royals would make the playoffs this season? :shake:
No, no. Gochiefs is a Rangers fan and had lofty expectations earlier this season. Instead they crashed and burned baaaadly.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 12:45 PM

Nono, I predicted the RANGERS would win their division. Seems like they were in first place back in the 1800s...when did this season start again?

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm just glad we got rid of the cancer on our ass that was Chan Ho Park.

If San Diego releases him, you guys might want to grab him. He'd do well in that cavernous ballpark you've got.

Dave Lane
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
BTW, beer me, the Cardinals are the best team in baseball, not just the national league.

Tell that to the Red Sox after they swept them....

Dave

Dartgod
We need to get this back on topic.

Beer me is the object of ridicule here.

Hmmmmm, I see that he has edited to original topic header. At least Chitown quoted it in his post.

Dr. Johnny Fever
He'd do well in that cavernous ballpark you've got.
well at least we've got that going for us.....

TEX
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Man, you Royals fans are true fans. You guys should get some type of a reward for your loyality. Or have most of you just reached a point of not caring? :hmmm:

FWIW, I grew up an Astros fan and still am. But it's really pretty hard to be a fan of MLB in general because of its economics. :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 12:52 PM

If I loathed the Cardinals any more than I already do, I would actually spend my whole life pukeing in a gutter somewhere. At least I have absolutely no worries of them actually becoming world champs as long as LaLosa is still the mis-manager.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Man, you Royals fans are true fans. You guys should get some type of a reward for your loyality. Or have most of you just reached a point of not caring? :hmmm:

FWIW, I grew up an Astros fan and still am. But it's really pretty hard to be a fan of MLB in general because of its economics. :shake:
I'll always be a Royals fan...at least as long as they are still in KC. I grew up an Royals fan. It's in my blood. I witnessed the good old days. I know how great winning feels. The K is my favorite place on earth.

It's just that all of my hope is gone now and I hate many things about the way they are run... and the general state of MLB. I'll always want them to win though.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 01:27 PM
The K is my favorite place on earth.

Wow, really? Moreso than Arrowhead?

Frazod
08-23-2005, 01:27 PM
If I loathed the Cardinals any more than I already do, I would actually spend my whole life pukeing in a gutter somewhere. At least I have absolutely no worries of them actually becoming world champs as long as LaLosa is still the mis-manager.

Sadly, I concur with your assessment of LaRussa. He's sort of like a next-level Schottenheimer. :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Wow, really? Moreso than Arrowhead?
Yes. The K is truly a beautiful piece of architecture imo. Arrowhead is great... but a distant second to me.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Sadly, I concur with your assessment of LaRussa. He's sort of like a next-level Schottenheimer. :shake:
I have a lot of respect for the team... the players on the team. Just can't like them since I grew up a Royals fan. It's mostly jealousy though I know... at least I can admit it.

I get real tired of St. Louisans constantly telling everyone how great they are and how St. Louis is the best baseball city in America and bla, bla, bla... give me a break. You dumbasses (not meaning you specifically) aren't any better than any other fans. It's easy to be supportive when you're winning.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes. The K is truly a beautiful piece of architecture imo. Arrowhead is great... but a distant second to me.

Just once I'd like to go to a home sporting event where the team I'm rooting for is in a game that means something. I bet it's a great experience.

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Just once I'd like to go to a home sporting event where the team I'm rooting for is in a game that means something. I bet it's a great experience.
I was at The K in '85 when the Royals clinched the division. I know it's probably not near the experience as an actual playoff game or World Series, but it was still quite a thrill.

And then I was at Arrowhead in '93 when we beat the Steelers in the playoffs. That was quite thrilling.

But again, we're getting away from the original topic, which is to make fun of beer me for posting this ridiculous thread.

YOUR TEH SUCK!!!!!!111111 :p

Saulbadguy
08-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I'll always be a Royals fan...at least as long as they are still in KC. I grew up an Royals fan. It's in my blood. I witnessed the good old days. I know how great winning feels. The K is my favorite place on earth.

Heh. You are lucky. I'm a Royals fan, and the only time i've seen them field a competitive squad was in 2003 and the mid-90's. Even then, they weren't all that great. I'll stick with em though, as long as they are in the Kansas City area.

Calcountry
08-23-2005, 01:57 PM
You swept the Yankees, and took 2 of 3 from the A's in their yard. Those are big accomplishments. Don't be all sad.

Miles
08-23-2005, 02:26 PM

I guess I dont really see him as being a bad manager in the postseason and think he frequently gets unfairly ripped on for it. The cards have gone to at least the NLCS in 4 of the 5 times they have made the playoffs under him.

tk13
08-23-2005, 02:34 PM
I guess I dont really see him as being a bad manager in the postseason and think he frequently gets unfairly ripped on for it. The cards have gone to at least the NLCS in 4 of the 5 times they have made the playoffs under him.
I'm not sure it's really even all his fault, but his teams really seem to always have a history of tightening up in the playoffs. I couldn't even tell you why, it's not like football where Marty goes into a shell and there's some kind of playcalling that affects it. I think LaRussa might be a little more apt to go through his bullpen to play matchups in the playoffs, but he's always been that way. You look at his record and he had 2 really good A's teams fold in the World Series, in 96 he lost the last three games after being up 3-1 to the Braves in the NLCS, in 2000 the team fell apart against the Mets, last year they got run over by the Sox, and so on...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
With their line-up they should be alternating WS championships with the spankmees.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-23-2005, 03:20 PM
You swept the Yankees, and took 2 of 3 from the A's in their yard. Those are big accomplishments. Don't be all sad.
True... it's the other 157 games that get us down.

Miles
08-23-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure it's really even all his fault, but his teams really seem to always have a history of tightening up in the playoffs. I couldn't even tell you why, it's not like football where Marty goes into a shell and there's some kind of playcalling that affects it. I think LaRussa might be a little more apt to go through his bullpen to play matchups in the playoffs, but he's always been that way. You look at his record and he had 2 really good A's teams fold in the World Series, in 96 he lost the last three games after being up 3-1 to the Braves in the NLCS, in 2000 the team fell apart against the Mets, last year they got run over by the Sox, and so on...

I am not all that familar with the A's teams all that well since i was pretty young at the time. 1 out of three WS doesnt seem bad, but they also only one a single game in the other 2 trips there.

I guess i see those three cards failures as them geting beat by better teams and better pitching rather than underachieving.

The 96 team did fold but they were badly overmatched Braves staff. The Braves won the last 3 games with Smoltz, Maddux and Glavin going up against Todd Stottlemyre, Alan Benes, and Donovan Osborne.

In the 2000 NLCS there was the whole Ankiel meltdown and Garrett Stephenson was hurt forcing them to go with Kile on short rest (which he was bad at) and using Hentgen who hadnt pitched in the playoff (and sucked). Hampton and Leiter were also dominating them.

Last year the cards rotation wasnt very good and Boston was on a huge roll (not to mention a damn good team).