PDA

View Full Version : To sum it up Chiefs need the D upgrade to balance up the decline of our O!

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Looking at injuries and the aging of our O Line, we will probably drop down out of the Top 3 O's in the League and may not make Top 5 status this year! I still see us making the Top 10 list which means we need to get in the Top 15 list on D to contend for AFC Championship race!

It's too bad we wasted our O for the last 3 years! We were the league's Top 1 or 2 O during this period. Much like the 90's where our D dominated the league only to be wasted by a mediocre O!

Right now I don't see us making up for lost time on D. Unless Saunders is playing games on O, and not showing anything near what we can do; I'm not seeing even a playoff team right now.

I know it's early, but I do not have good feelings here. I hope I'm wrong.

My only hope is the Chiefs come alive in the second half of the season. They may go 4-4 or possible 3-5 the first half, then 7-1 or 8-0 the second.

I would appreciate it if there is a more optimistic perspective that I have not considered.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Declining offense?

Are you basing this judgement on two preseason games? Preseason games in which we didn't even have Will Shields for the first game, and didn't have Tony Gonzalez, Will Shields and Kevin Sampson for the second?

:shake:

beer bacon
08-23-2005, 02:28 PM
You're wrong.

TRR
08-23-2005, 02:30 PM
The Chiefs offense has been old for the last several years. This is actually the youngest it's been with Samie Parker, Kevin Sampson, Larry Johnson and Kris Wilson all playing prominent roles on the O side of the ball.

I see absolutely no reason to think KC's O will fall off. Saunders is still the coordinator, Priest Holmes is healthy and looks great, LJ looks better than last season, Sampson will really solidify the RT spot, Green looks like he is in the best shape of his career, and Samie Parker is a huge improvement over Johnnie Morton in my opinion.

There are actually less questions about the offense this season, then there were going into last season IMO.

Bwana
08-23-2005, 02:32 PM
:BS:

Rain Man
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
(Dismissive wave of the hand.)

jidar1
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
It mostly depends on the O-line. If they start getting beat regularly it's going to go downhill fast, but if they can still play productively then you're wrong and this O will be top 3 again.

KingPriest2
08-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Also Dunn has not been playing.

Don't be so negative.

Why would we want to show our cards now.

Also Black and Sampson are equal in my mind.

KingPriest2
08-23-2005, 02:50 PM
It mostly depends on the O-line. If they start getting beat regularly it's going to go downhill fast, but if they can still play productively then you're wrong and this O will be top 3 again.

No they won't

Man we gave up 32 sacks last year and 21 the year before. and still scored more last year then then year before. We also had more yardage

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I think our offense will be very good-especially with a defense providing some turnovers and better field position. If our Special teams improves that would help also. I think we will run a lot more this year than last and with LJ in there, we will have the ability to just maul defenses like we did the Ravens and Falcons last year. Why we didn't play like that all year I don't know. LJ wants to hit people and wear them down, and I think we should let him. As far as the first four games, people have us at 1 and 3 hoping for 2 and 2. Jets should be a win-its the home opener. Raiders stink and won't be able to stop us on Offense at all. Denver-will be tough-we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot up there. Eagles at home should be a win. 3 and 1 maybe 4-0 is my predictions to start.

philfree
08-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I would appreciate it if there is a more optimistic perspective that I have not considered.

If you're going by our preseason performance then you need to realize that we've been playing without two key components of our O line. Shields and Dunn. Those guys aren't really injured either. Now that training camp is over Dunns back spasms will probably subside and Shields has started to work toward the season opener. Gonzo will be ready too so I think your fears are unfounded. This years TC and preseason are about two things. The 1st being the defense and the second being able to start the season with all of our vets healthy. So far I think we're on track for Sept 11th. Gonzos little finger is the only real curve ball and I believe that will be fine by the opener. It's all good so just chill till then.

PhilFree:arrow:

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 03:09 PM
Man, I forgot all about Chiefsfan1963. ROFL

milkman
08-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Added to the points that the others have discussed, this offense has also only opened up the first page of the playbook.

They have done nothing to create mismatches and confusion for the opposing defenses.
And those mismatches and that confusion is a large part of why this O has been so successful in the last 3 years.

And my memory is fuzzy, but I am fairly sure that our O hasn't been scoring a lot of points in the last 3 preseasons, either.

The fact is, with the addition of Parker and Boe and Sampson, who just looks like a mauler , the maturation of LJ, and possibly the addition of Wilson, if he turns out to be what we've heard, then this offense could very well kick it into an even higher gear this season.

Chiefnj
08-23-2005, 03:20 PM
There will probably be a small decline in the offense. WR was weakness last year and might have taken a small step back without Morton. And yes, the OL isn't as dominant as it was 2-3 years ago. There were 4 or 5 games that ended when the OL couldn't block 3 man rushes and/or allowed Trent to get sacked, pressured and throw INTs at critical junctures at the end of the game. That being said, until proven otherwise after 9/11 they are still a solid offense. You can't base anything on preseason where there is limited to no motion, nothing but basic plays, and plays designed to test a players ability to block or a lineman's ability to go one-on-one. Not all of the plays are designed to score.

The defense doesn't need to be in the top 15. I doubt that will happen. Going from 31 to a top 15 would be incredible. I don't think it will happen with the Warfield situation, a young set of linebackers not used to playing with each other and our DE's.

KChiefsQT
08-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Looking at injuries and the aging of our O Line, we will probably drop down out of the Top 3 O's in the League and may not make Top 5 status this year! I still see us making the Top 10 list which means we need to get in the Top 15 list on D to contend for AFC Championship race!

It's too bad we wasted our O for the last 3 years! We were the league's Top 1 or 2 O during this period. Much like the 90's where our D dominated the league only to be wasted by a mediocre O!

Right now I don't see us making up for lost time on D. Unless Saunders is playing games on O, and not showing anything near what we can do; I'm not seeing even a playoff team right now.

My only hope is the Chiefs come alive in the second half of the season. They may go 4-4 or possible 3-5 the first half, then 7-1 or 8-0 the second.

To sum it up: Shut up and wait for the season opener to pass judgements on how our team is progressing or declining. Sheeesh!

CoMoChief
08-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Even though our offense didn't look too well either of the games vs. Minn and Ariz., I don't really think we are declining. We didn't have a good number of KEY players on the offensive side of the ball including our All World RG and TE. Kennison was gone I think. Our running game looked very good I believe. I do think that Trent needs to get in a better rythm with WR's and such. More reps in practice and preseason games will shake off the cobwebs. We are now getting players back and we still have another game to play in St. Louis after the Seattle game. We will get more in tune as far as the offense goes.

All that being said, I STRONGLY believe that a lot of the people on Chiefs Planet take our offense for granted. I dont think many should really go on that route because some day, it may crash down on us. We have no idea whats gonna happen in the regular season. What if Trent Green goes down, then we're F*CKED!!! Todd Collins isn't even a decent QB IMO and I can't even bare what would happen if he even went down. This season we need to win on DEFENSE, period. If we don't win with defense, then we aren't gonna win in the playoffs. We can't really look back on previous seasons and say "Well if we could fix the defense ENOUGH to get in MID-PACK, then the offense will take care of itself." I can't believe how many people I hear that from and read that from. We need to go in there (from a defensive standpoint) like our offense can't get it done anymore and we need to put the pressure on the defense. Sometimes that brings out the best.

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Declining offense?

Are you basing this judgement on two preseason games? Preseason games in which we didn't even have Will Shields for the first game, and didn't have Tony Gonzalez, Will Shields and Kevin Sampson for the second?

:shake:

will will shields be able to perform to the level we are accustom to seeing? TG is definitely going to be challenged with his nagging injuries throughout the season. i can't speak about KS overwhelming abilities at his position, but would not put him in the same category of WS.

KChiefsQT
08-23-2005, 03:49 PM
will will shields be able to perform to the level we are accustom to seeing? TG is definitely going to be challenged with his nagging injuries throughout the season. i can't speak about KS overwhelming abilities at his position, but would not put him in the same category of WS.

What's your address? Someone by the name of Willy would like to pay you a visit!

TRR
08-23-2005, 03:50 PM

Will Shields plays RG. Kevin Sampson plays RT. All indications are that Will Shields will come back as good as ever. He's had a decent offseason, and a lot of rest. Bottom line is, anytime Will Shields lines up in the NFL, he is going to be dominant.

Tony Gonzalez played hurt all last season, and he racked up over 1,000 yards receiving. It won't change this season, injuries or not.

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 03:51 PM
The Chiefs offense has been old for the last several years. This is actually the youngest it's been with Samie Parker, Kevin Sampson, Larry Johnson and Kris Wilson all playing prominent roles on the O side of the ball.

I see absolutely no reason to think KC's O will fall off. Saunders is still the coordinator, Priest Holmes is healthy and looks great, LJ looks better than last season, Sampson will really solidify the RT spot, Green looks like he is in the best shape of his career, and Samie Parker is a huge improvement over Johnnie Morton in my opinion.

There are actually less questions about the offense this season, then there were going into last season IMO.

okay, but are you seeing this on the field yet? or Will it start to become glaringly apparent in Game 1?

The little you've seen does not give you pause to reconsider the possibilty that the O has lost a step or two?

KChiefsQT
08-23-2005, 03:52 PM
okay, but are you seeing this on the field yet? or Will it start to become glaringly apparent in Game 1?

The little you've seen does not give you pause to reconsider the possibilty that the O has lost a step or two?

are u sure ur not a donkey fan?

TRR
08-23-2005, 03:55 PM

I was at Training Camp for a week. I was at the Vikes Vs Chiefs game, and I've taken the time to analize the KC Vs Cards game. Everything I said is taking place right in front of you. Sampson looked dominant against the Vikes, Parker has looked great in both Preseason games, Holmes looks healthy, LJ looks better than last season, Trent Green has packed on about 10 pounds of muscle this offseason, and Kris Wilson will also play a prominent role in the O. What have I said that isn't true?

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 03:57 PM
I think our offense will be very good-especially with a defense providing some turnovers and better field position. If our Special teams improves that would help also. I think we will run a lot more this year than last and with LJ in there, we will have the ability to just maul defenses like we did the Ravens and Falcons last year. Why we didn't play like that all year I don't know. LJ wants to hit people and wear them down, and I think we should let him. As far as the first four games, people have us at 1 and 3 hoping for 2 and 2. Jets should be a win-its the home opener. Raiders stink and won't be able to stop us on Offense at all. Denver-will be tough-we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot up there. Eagles at home should be a win. 3 and 1 maybe 4-0 is my predictions to start.

Pretty optimistic! I guess I'm being overly paranoid about our chances.
I have not seen that same swagger I'm used to seeing when the O gets on the field. I feel something is off. Just a feeling. I guess no one seems to sense this at all. Glad to hear other perspectives. Thanks.

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 03:59 PM
If you're going by our preseason performance then you need to realize that we've been playing without two key components of our O line. Shields and Dunn. Those guys aren't really injured either. Now that training camp is over Dunns back spasms will probably subside and Shields has started to work toward the season opener. Gonzo will be ready too so I think your fears are unfounded. This years TC and preseason are about two things. The 1st being the defense and the second being able to start the season with all of our vets healthy. So far I think we're on track for Sept 11th. Gonzos little finger is the only real curve ball and I believe that will be fine by the opener. It's all good so just chill till then.

PhilFree:arrow:

Thanks for your perspective!

Area 51
I guess there is nothing like jumping on the old offense bandwaggon before it leaves the station!!!

I'd give them a little more credit than you have.

Before I'd say that their age is going to knock them out of the top 5 I'd have to see some tangible proof. Pre-season is not the place to judge what will happen. So far there hasn't been time to get in sync.

Let it rest for another couple of weeks, then start making judgements. I would wait for the 3-4th game before I would say that they have lost their edge. If we are 4-0 or 3-1 and the defense has won every game, maybe you would be right.

Be a little more paitent AND DO IT NOW DAMIT!!

TRR
Pretty optimistic! I guess I'm being overly paranoid about our chances.
I have not seen that same swagger I'm used to seeing when the O gets on the field. I feel something is off. Just a feeling. I guess no one seems to sense this at all. Glad to hear other perspectives. Thanks.

You may be right. They may fall off a bit. But it's not going to be enough to notice. It definitely won't be enough to lose games because of it.

Last Preseason, I don't think KC's first string O had a TD till the 3rd preseason game...

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Added to the points that the others have discussed, this offense has also only opened up the first page of the playbook.

They have done nothing to create mismatches and confusion for the opposing defenses.
And those mismatches and that confusion is a large part of why this O has been so successful in the last 3 years.

And my memory is fuzzy, but I am fairly sure that our O hasn't been scoring a lot of points in the last 3 preseasons, either.

The fact is, with the addition of Parker and Boe and Sampson, who just looks like a mauler , the maturation of LJ, and possibly the addition of Wilson, if he turns out to be what we've heard, then this offense could very well kick it into an even higher gear this season.

I feel better already!!!!!!!! Thanks!

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
There will probably be a small decline in the offense. WR was weakness last year and might have taken a small step back without Morton. And yes, the OL isn't as dominant as it was 2-3 years ago. There were 4 or 5 games that ended when the OL couldn't block 3 man rushes and/or allowed Trent to get sacked, pressured and throw INTs at critical junctures at the end of the game. That being said, until proven otherwise after 9/11 they are still a solid offense. You can't base anything on preseason where there is limited to no motion, nothing but basic plays, and plays designed to test a players ability to block or a lineman's ability to go one-on-one. Not all of the plays are designed to score.

The defense doesn't need to be in the top 15. I doubt that will happen. Going from 31 to a top 15 would be incredible. I don't think it will happen with the Warfield situation, a young set of linebackers not used to playing with each other and our DE's.

Where does it have to be? Top 20?

TRR
08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Where does it have to be? Top 20?

Nobody knows for sure. That's why they play the games.

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Will Shields plays RG. Kevin Sampson plays RT. All indications are that Will Shields will come back as good as ever. He's had a decent offseason, and a lot of rest. Bottom line is, anytime Will Shields lines up in the NFL, he is going to be dominant.

Tony Gonzalez played hurt all last season, and he racked up over 1,000 yards receiving. It won't change this season, injuries or not.

I respect your faith that WS will be in top form when ever he lines up, but this is probably his last year and let's face it his better days are behind. TG did play hurt last year, but he did not have a f**ked up finger like thisl year. This injury could affect his stats this year. I know what position KS plays that was not my point. My point is he is a good player at his position and I'm glad he will be in the line up this year, but it is not clear yet to me that his being in the line up is as important as WS.

Hammock Parties
08-23-2005, 04:19 PM
let's face it his better days are behind.

What the hell are you smoking? Will Shields had a fantastic year last year and showed ZERO signs of declining.

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 04:39 PM
What the hell are you smoking? Will Shields had a fantastic year last year and showed ZERO signs of declining.

the operative words are "last year" That was then this is now. Based on what I've read, he has had serious thoughts of retiring. He himself knows his time is near.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-23-2005, 04:42 PM
It all starts up front...

If our Oline can give Trent time...we'll be fine.

If our Dline can commit some crimes...we'll be fine.

Sorry to waste time, but I had to rhyme.

Traveller
08-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Last Preseason, I don't think KC's first string O had a TD till the 3rd preseason game...

Actually you're thinking about the 3 preseason game. We didn't score a td till the 3rd quarter.

In both the 1st and 2nd preseason games, there were TD's in the 1st qtr. Wilson and LJ in the 1st game and Priest in the 2nd game.

Halfcan
08-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Somebody has been reading Charles Robinson of Yahoo too much. Our offense will be number one again-period. Who is going to stop us this year? Stop the run, we go deep, stop the deep route, we go up the middle to Gonzo. Play zone, and we will smash it down your throat.

And how is losing Johnnie on the spot Morton a step backward?

If the defense just creates more turnovers and punting situations than last year, our offense will have a ton more chances to burn every team we play. Lets talk after they hang 42 points on the Jets in the opener-than say we are over the hill.

chiefsfan1963
08-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Somebody has been reading Charles Robinson of Yahoo too much. Our offense will be number one again-period. Who is going to stop us this year? Stop the run, we go deep, stop the deep route, we go up the middle to Gonzo. Play zone, and we will smash it down your throat.

And how is losing Johnnie on the spot Morton a step backward?

If the defense just creates more turnovers and punting situations than last year, our offense will have a ton more chances to burn every team we play. Lets talk after they hang 42 points on the Jets in the opener-than say we are over the hill.

I hope you don't have to eat any of these words! I hope you are dead right and I'm dead wrong!

cdcox
08-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Our offense is defintely living on borrowed time. When was the last time they ran onto the field and spontaneously combusted? It bound to happen someday. Borrowed time, I tell ya, borrowed time.

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 12:20 AM
Such doom and gloom after two preseason games where we were missing key players. DV practically rested our whole offense in training wheels camp. After such a pushover camp they should be all healed up. Priest is back, LJ looks great, Parker looks good. Trent is still a top three QB and awesome leader, I don't understand why you guys are believing the media on this. Arrowhead always was rocking when our defense played well- and I think they will. You give the offense 5 more opportunities per game over last year-(3 punts, 2TO'S) that should more than compensate for age.

Chiefs 42 Jets 17 You heard it hear first folks-money in the bank!!!

Taco John
08-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Here's something to consider...

chiefsfan1963 was right last year.

|Zach|
08-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Here's something to consider...

chiefsfan1963 was right last year.
*cough*

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103615

Taco John
08-24-2005, 12:58 AM
Ok, I'm busted.

Hell, even I had you at 9-7. Who knew you'd choke away a 13-3 team to 7-9 one?

J Diddy
08-24-2005, 12:58 AM
*cough*

bless you

|Zach|
08-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Ok, I'm busted.

Hell, even I had you at 9-7. Who knew you'd choke away a 13-3 team to 7-9 one?
You don't have to remind us we had a rough and tumble season.

The lesson is...

Never back cf1963 just to take a shot at the Chiefs. There are more legit ways to go about these things.

:)

KCTitus
08-24-2005, 07:01 AM
I agree with 1963, here, while I didnt see the last preseason game, but I heard about it from a friend and it was quite clear from his breakdown that Saunders opened up the playbook and used every page and still only managed to score 10 points on the woeful Cardinals.

I thnk it's time to be worried.

wolfpack0735
08-24-2005, 07:49 AM
i cant remember the chiefs in the first two preseason games even doing all their shifting they do on offense. when all the starters are in and we open the play book and still look bad then its time to worry. till then hope to hell the 2nd stringers get better.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 07:54 AM
I agree with 1963, here, while I didnt see the last preseason game, but I heard about it from a friend and it was quite clear from his breakdown that Saunders opened up the playbook and used every page and still only managed to score 10 points on the woeful Cardinals.

I thnk it's time to be worried.The game will be played again on ESPN NFL, I know that isn't the actual name of the channel but it is one of ESPN's offshoot's. All games from the weekend have been replayed this week.

I watched the game and the offense was very vanilla. No shifting and quite a few of the first string starters missing. I wouldn't worry yet.

- Today at 08:49 AM i cant remember the chiefs in the first two preseason games even doing all their shifting they do on offense. when all the starters are in and we open the play book and still look bad then its time to worry. till then hope to hell the 2nd stringers get better.Last year the Chiefs did the same thing. They ran plays but from a set formation that didn't shift. The shifting will begin against the Jets.

KCTitus
08-24-2005, 07:57 AM
..I watched the game and the offense was very vanilla. No shifting and quite a few of the first string starters missing. I wouldn't worry yet.

I dunno...my friend watches a lot of football, he knows what he's talking about. He said that Saunders opened it up and the team looked flat. I hope it's replayed, I need to break down the game film on the fullbacks.

milkman
08-24-2005, 07:58 AM
The game will be played again on ESPN NFL, I know that isn't the actual name of the channel but it is one of ESPN's offshoot's. All games from the weekend have been replayed this week.

I watched the game and the offense was very vanilla. No shifting and quite a few of the first string starters missing. I wouldn't worry yet.

Titus was being sarcastic.

milkman
08-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I dunno...my friend watches a lot of football, he knows what he's talking about. He said that Saunders opened it up and the team looked flat. I hope it's replayed, I need to break down the game film on the fullbacks.

And Area 51, he is still being sarcastic.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 08:00 AM

Titus was being sarcastic.

Sorry, I might be kind of thick this morning. Only had 3 cups of coffee.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 08:01 AM
And Area 51, he is still being sarcastic.

KMAROFL

the Talking Can
08-24-2005, 08:03 AM
AS has said we called specific plays for Parker and specific run plays to test Wilson's blocking....there was no game planning....

milkman
08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
KMAROFL

KMA?
What's that?

Area 51
08-24-2005, 08:20 AM
KMA?
What's that?

doesn't matter, wasn't nice.

milkman
08-24-2005, 08:24 AM
KMA?
What's that?

OK, I figured it out.

I'll have to pass on that offer, unless you're a fine lookin' young lady with a sweet one.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 08:34 AM
AS has said we called specific plays for Parker and specific run plays to test Wilson's blocking....there was no game planning....

Parker passed. Not so sure about Wilson...

Area 51
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM
OK, I figured it out.

I'll have to pass on that offer, unless you're a fine lookin' young lady with a sweet one.

I assure you that I'm not fine lookin' nor young and certainly not a lady. I have a really nasty ass as well!!!

milkman
08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
I assure you that I'm not fine lookin' nor young and certainly not a lady. I have a really nasty ass as well!!!

All ya needed to say is that you're not fine young lady.

The rest is just TMI. :cuss:

bringbackmarty
08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the offense. Big bad willy, and will "mcsplatterthedefenseallovermyfacemask shields, plus priest, tony g, trich and all those guys who have never won a championship but been "the best in the league" for so long have too much pride in what they do to allow such a huge letdown. If priest plays in all 16 regular season games, we will go to the playoffs, and maybe all the way to the super bowl. He won't play if he's not being productive. It's that simple. Productive with priest is like 1500 yds and 30 touchdowns or something. Yes that happening will have an awful lot to do with our o-line. I think you have the best in the nfl (priest and o-line+te\fullback) about to do better than they ever have before as a matter of personal pride. They all have money at this point in thier careers, they know how to play injured - see gonzo, shields, and roaf, they don't got no rings, and they ain't gotta lot of time left. That's why they will be better than they've ever been this season. Because they have to be, or else they retire something other than a champion.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 09:25 AM
All ya needed to say is that you're not fine young lady.

The rest is just TMI. :cuss:

I'm not a fine young lady.

chiefsfan1963
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM
i love it guys! keep it coming! I love posting here it's the best. Thanks for everyone's input. :clap:

Calcountry
08-24-2005, 10:01 AM

There are actually less questions about the offense this season, then there were going into last season IMO.Agreed. I happened to be flipping past the NFL channel last night and surprise surprise, I was fortunate to be flipping past it right as they were beginning a feature on KC. I have never heard as many props from the place as I seen last night. They were consistent with your assessment on the O, and pretty excited to see the results of the upgrades on the D.

We should be too.

If the Chiefs don't win, then F em, go make a killer BBQ or grow some tomatoes or something, life is too short to get all F'd up over a game. It is suppose to be fun. If you come away with it feeling as if your wife just left you, then have another beer and forget about it.

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 02:13 PM
hey bring back marty is that true
They don't got no rings?

NewChief
09-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Bump. Just so 1963 can get depressed again.

htismaqe
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Bump. Just so 1963 can get depressed again.

ROFL

Instant classic!

PastorMikH
09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
:spock:

What I saw of the offense yesterday showed that they could turn the heat up and get things done. 75 yards on 3 rushing plays is pretty awesome, then a 95 yard drive the next play for another TD, looked to me like the O was clicking fairly well. I don't think DV is the type of coach to run the score up on a friend, esp in the 2nd quarter, so we saw a bit more vanilla offense from that point on. Besides, when we have a team beat, why keep showing more of our playbook for other teams to scout and plan against?

I'm not worried about the O.

chiefsfan1963
10-18-2005, 01:57 PM

Right now my take before the season started is looking very close to the truth. Anybody want to challenge this?

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Right now my take before the season started is looking very close to the truth. Anybody want to challenge this?

Yep. Our offensive stats through 5 games are similar to the last two years. In fact, our offensive stats are better through 5 games than in 2003.

I'll get concerned if things don't improve in the next 4 weeks.

chiefsfan1963
10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Yep. Our offensive stats through 5 games are similar to the last two years. In fact, our offensive stats are better through 5 games than in 2003.

I'll get concerned if things don't improve in the next 4 weeks.

so our O is still in the Top 3?

htismaqe
10-18-2005, 02:11 PM
so our O is still in the Top 3?

Was our O top 3 after 5 games in 2003?

Your comparing 5 games to where the 2003 offense ENDED THE SEASON.

chiefsfan1963
10-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Was our O top 3 after 5 games in 2003?

Your comparing 5 games to where the 2003 offense ENDED THE SEASON.

htis did I ever tell you that I like you too.
:)

Hammock Parties
10-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Look at the next five weeks. I have a feeling we're going to get healthy against some bad defenses:

San Diego -21st overall, 27th against the pass

Oakland -28th overall, 28th against the pass

Houston -29th overall, 19th against the pass, 31st against the run ROFL

Buffalo - 30th against the run

chiefsfan1963
10-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Sorry folks! I was afraid I was right on the money before the season with my thread especially when everyone was heated about it. Man I hate being right! Hopefully we can still make the playoffs, but the Super Bowl will have to wait until next year.

htismaqe
10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Sorry folks! I was afraid I was right on the money before the season with my thread especially when everyone was heated about it. Man I hate being right! Hopefully we can still make the playoffs, but the Super Bowl will have to wait until next year.

Yeah, you sure hate being right.

RedDread
10-30-2005, 05:13 PM
If I predicted you got temp banned and I was right would people care if I gloated about it later?

chiefsfan1963
10-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah, you sure hate being right.

I would rather Chiefs prove me wrong and freakin win!

chiefsfan1963
11-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Chiefs D is pulling their weight! When will our O get rid of this 3 and out syndrome? Will our O ever get back to being the top O in the league?
They better!

chiefsfan1963
11-13-2005, 03:32 PM
looks like my bad feelings about our O before our season began were valid. There's always next week. Our D did what it was supposed to do give our O many chances to win!

htismaqe
11-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Make sure to pat yourself on the back some more...

chiefsfan1963
12-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Our D upgrade could not do enough to balance our declining O as I suspected before the season began! If our O could have maintained it's level of play the past 3 years we'd be 11-3 right now.

The good news is we have LJ and we can improve our D a little more next year and be right back in the playoff hunt next year !!!!!!!!

Hopefully all the naysayers of LJ can now except reality and realize that he is our #1 back for many years to come. I knew that all he needed were the reps and he would be our best back ever.

I'm am very bummed to watch this team drop two road games like we did.

It will be interesting to watch all the offseason changes for our team.

Looking forward to 2006. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you all!

cdcox
12-17-2005, 07:55 PM

A bright spot during the day.

FringeNC
12-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Our D upgrade could not do enough to balance our declining O as I suspected before the season began! If our O could have maintained it's level of play the past 3 years we'd be 11-3 right now.

The good news is we have LJ and we can improve our D a little more next year and be right back in the playoff hunt next year !!!!!!!!

Hopefully all the naysayers of LJ can now except reality and realize that he is our #1 back for many years to come. I knew that all he needed were the reps and he would be our best back ever.

I'm am very bummed to watch this team drop two road games like we did.

It will be interesting to watch all the offseason changes for our team.

Our D upgrade? You have to be kidding. These last two years have been far worse than GR's 2003 unit. Gun is a ****ing moron.