PDA

View Full Version : What Song?

Donger
08-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Every time I hear Moving in Stereo by The Cars, I immediately think of Phoebe Cates; well, her breasts actually.

So, what songs bring vivid movie memories to you when you hear them?

Oh, The End by the Doors always makes me think of helicopters and explosions for some reason.

tk13
08-23-2005, 04:41 PM
That song at the end of the Breakfast Club, makes me think of the end of the Breakfast Club.

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Pearl Necklace by ZZ Top,in high school I lived next to.....let's just say everytime I hear it I think of her.

Every Breath You Take by The Police.....bitch

chagrin
08-23-2005, 06:20 PM
ok, but it doesn't have to do with teen angst...

Layla, the slow part, reminds me of Goodfellas, when they open the freezer and find one of the dudes hanging on a meathook frozen to death with ice hanging from his nose

chefsos
08-23-2005, 06:51 PM
"Push It", Salt & Pepa. Always reminds me of my ex-wife. The first one.
We ran into each other at the mall Christmas Eve '87, after six years without contact. We just chatted, said our goodbyes, and that was it.

About midnight, she called me. See where this is going?

We spent three months periodically reliving the only part of the marriage that was good, we forgot all the childish fights and other assorted dumb sh*t, and damn, it was as good as ever. Just sex, no strings attached. It was kinda like closure- we got past everything, then I met someone who could be a keeper, and we were done.

Yep, good time.

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 07:00 PM
vivid movie memories

Sorry Donger,I totally missed the movie part.

chefsos
08-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Gah. Me too. Moron.

Chiefnj
08-23-2005, 07:36 PM
G,A,F,F(lower octave),C.

Nzoner
08-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Other than Moving In Stereo as well I have to go with Money & Another Brick In The Wall Pt 2 by Pink Floyd as I'm always reminded of the school master picking up Pink's poems in The Wall and making fun of him as he's reading what would become the song we know as Money.

Infidel Goat
08-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh, The End by the Doors always makes me think of helicopters and explosions for some reason.

Heh.

I was in a lame bar one night where people kept playing the cheesiest music on the juke box.

I put my dollar in and hit "The End" three times in a row.

Midway through the second playing, the owner unplugged the jukebox for the night.

--Infidel Goat