PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 reasons you can't blame Don Denkinger

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Coming up on ESPN classic tonight. Thought I'd give everybody a heads up. Should be good.

VonneMarie
08-23-2005, 07:15 PM
And it would be about all Tardinals... :Lin:

chefsos
08-23-2005, 07:25 PM
And it would be about all Tardinals... :Lin:

I would guess that getting St. Loo, and whuppin' them, in '85 was about as sweet as it gets for you folks in western MO.

I read an interview with Denkinger recently, and saw that Herzog invited him to that Cards team's 20th reunion. Promised him he would get no crap about the call. I wonder how that turned out.

farmerchief
08-23-2005, 07:54 PM
What the cardinal fans fail to remember(and I dont remember exactly), but prior to Denkingers call, there was a foul ball over by the dugout, that I believed either the first baseman or catcher should have had, they misplayed it or dropped it, one or the other, which led to the ensueing play at first base.

Saulbadguy
08-23-2005, 08:00 PM
ROFL

http://redbirdnation.blogspot.com/denkinger295x374.jpg

Reaper16
08-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Reason #1: Should have shown up for Game 7, Cardinal bastiges.

Spott
08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
What the cardinal fans fail to remember(and I dont remember exactly), but prior to Denkingers call, there was a foul ball over by the dugout, that I believed either the first baseman or catcher should have had, they misplayed it or dropped it, one or the other, which led to the ensuing play at first base.

Right after Orta got on base, Jack Clark(I think) misplayed Balboni's foul pop fly which would have been the 1st out of the inning. Balboni then singled to put runners on 1st & 2nd with noone out.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Right after Orta got on base, Jack Clark(I think) misplayed Balboni's foul pop fly which would have been the 1st out of the inning. Balboni then singled to put runners on 1st & 2nd with noone out.

Amen brother!! Cards fans always forget about that play.

BigRock
08-23-2005, 08:45 PM
The best part of the whole show was Keith Hernandez saying "I would have caught it".

Spott
08-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Amen brother!! Cards fans always forget about that play.

Funny how Buckner still gets blamed for the 86 series, but Clark never gets mentioned for misplaying a routine pop up.

WilliamTheIrish
08-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Not this shiot again.

Even I get tired of it.

BigRedChief
08-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Not this shiot again.

Even I get tired of it.

no shit. Let it go. BTW who's got the best record in baseball? Who's got the worst? just curious.:harumph:

schneider221
08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
that poor toilet

Dartgod
08-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Hehe, I'll NEVER get tired of it. ROFL

BigRedChief
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Forget.jpg

PunkinDrublic
08-23-2005, 10:42 PM
That was great watching the whining St. Louis writers.

teedubya
08-23-2005, 11:09 PM
StLoser has 12 WS victories, quit crying. KC has 1 and the worst ran franchise in all of baseball... and possibly all of sports excluding the Clippers and AZ Cardinals.

It is our one crowning moment. so Card fans, go **** yourselves.

Andoverer
08-24-2005, 04:49 AM
StLoser has 12 WS victories, quit crying. KC has 1 and the worst ran franchise in all of baseball... and possibly all of sports excluding the Clippers and AZ Cardinals.

It is our one crowning moment. so Card fans, go **** yourselves.

Not to mention it was Dick Howsers's last year as manager before he died. I like to think it was God's gift for him to go out winning in the most dramatic improbable set of playoffs/World series I've still ever seen.
Thank you Dick Howser.
Too bad St. Louis :deevee:

StcChief
08-24-2005, 07:40 AM
Enjoy your one and only WS.

There will be plenty more in St.Louis to add to our 9 WS Championships. 2nd to Yankees.

Next stop for the Royals, some other town.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 07:46 AM
What the cardinal fans fail to remember(and I dont remember exactly), but prior to Denkingers call, there was a foul ball over by the dugout, that I believed either the first baseman or catcher should have had, they misplayed it or dropped it, one or the other, which led to the ensueing play at first base.
What tard fans conveniently forget too is that Orta was thown out at third later in the inning after "the call." He never even scored. "The call" truly didn't matter past the fact that the tards weren't cool-headed enough to keep their shit together after "the call" was made. Cry me a river.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 07:46 AM
ROFL

http://redbirdnation.blogspot.com/denkinger295x374.jpg
I love that pic.... Clark's foot isn't even on the bag...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 07:48 AM
me neither... play it again St. Louis...

Coach
08-24-2005, 07:49 AM

There will be plenty more in St.Louis to add to our 9 WS Championships. 2nd to Yankees.

Heh, yeah, if you don't get blasted by a AL team. :D

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Heh, yeah, if you don't get blasted by a AL team. :D
They will. Either Sox team will get the best of them... especially with LaLosa in the dugout.

Saulbadguy
08-24-2005, 07:55 AM

:D

Its newer than yours! nyah nyah!

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 07:59 AM
What tard fans conveniently forget too is that Orta was thown out at third later in the inning after "the call." He never even scored. "The call" truly didn't matter past the fact that the tards weren't cool-headed enough to keep their shit together after "the call" was made. Cry me a river.

I've never blamed Denkinger. The Cards had plenty of chances to win that game. It's like the Cubs blaming Bartman.

That being said, it sure is funny to watch Royals fans strutting like Tom Turkey's about a game 20 years ago...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 08:01 AM
That being said, it sure is funny to watch Royals fans strutting like Tom Turkey's about a game 20 years ago...
Hey... it's all we've got... Give us a break...

homey
08-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Brett said last week the Royals hosted a reunion of the 1985 club, but the highlight video could not be played because of a rainout. Brett said he told a teammate: "God's letting us know he really was out at first base."

oldandslow
08-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Brett said last week the Royals hosted a reunion of the 1985 club, but the highlight video could not be played because of a rainout. Brett said he told a teammate: "God's letting us know he really was out at first base."

Exactly...

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2005, 08:43 AM

Next stop for the Royals, some other town.Nice choke job last year...

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Exactly...
...and even if he was called out KC would have won anyway. Orta didn't score.

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Nice choke job last year...

Spoken like the fan of a team that hasn't won a meaningful game in almost 2 decades.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Spoken like the fan of a team that hasn't won a meaningful game in almost 2 decades.
We swept the spankees this year. That was meaningful to us...

:harumph:

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Only because we know it gets under the Tards fans skin so much. Its really quit entertaining.

Besides, what else have we had to strut about since then?

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 09:04 AM
Only because we know it gets under the Tards fans skin so much.

what he said.

shakesthecat
08-24-2005, 09:05 AM

Are you kidding me?
The Royals had THE Abraham Nunez on the team last year.
That's gotta be worth something.

rageeumr
08-24-2005, 09:11 AM

The fact of the matter is that '85 is about all we have left, and we know that it will always be the perfect point to make in any argument until the new Busch Stadium has a WS flag in it dated post '85.

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Are you kidding me?
The Royals had THE Abraham Nunez on the team last year.
That's gotta be worth something.
There was also that 19 game losing streak. But even then, when we had a chance to do something historical, we mananged to f*** that up too by winning a game. :shake:

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Only because we know it gets under the Tards fans skin so much. Its really quit entertaining.

You REALLY think it gets under the skin of the majority of Cardinal fans? I think you're giving yourself WAY too much credit. Most of the Cardinal fans I know feel sorry for Royals fans and nothing else.

shakesthecat
08-24-2005, 09:15 AM
There was also that 19 game losing streak. But even then, when we had a chance to do something historical, we mananged to f*** that up too by winning a game. :shake:

Don't give up hope. There's still time this year.

Bowser
08-24-2005, 09:16 AM
You REALLY think it gets under the skin of the majority of Cardinal fans? I think you're giving yourself WAY too much credit. Most of the Cardinal fans I know feel sorry for Royals fans and nothing else.

True, but get them into a conversation about '85, and they always eventually end up pissed.

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 09:20 AM
True, but get them into a conversation about '85, and they always eventually end up pissed.

Not the one's I know, and especially not me. The Cardinals lost that series fair and square AFAIC.

KCTitus
08-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Don't give up hope. There's still time this year.

No kidding..I've been hoping for 120 losses this year and true to royals form, they're going to probably screw that up and only have 110 or so.

Chief Henry
08-24-2005, 09:30 AM
ROFL

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 09:36 AM
I didn't say anything about a majority. If there's one Tard fan out there that I can piss off, then it's worth bringing up. And there's plenty of them here anyway.

For example:
no shit. Let it go. BTW who's got the best record in baseball? Who's got the worst? just curious.:harumph:

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 09:54 AM
I didn't say anything about a majority. If there's one Tard fan out there that I can piss off, then it's worth bringing up. And there's plenty of them here anyway.

For example:

Those examples are of two people stating FACTS. They don't look very upset to me. ;)

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Those examples are of two people stating FACTS. They don't look very upset to me. ;)
See? That's all I'm doing too. Pointing out the FACT that the '85 Cards choked away the World Series Championship. ;)

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 10:06 AM
See? That's all I'm doing too. Pointing out the FACT that the '85 Cards choked away the World Series Championship. ;)

Hence the reason he said to let it go.

It's not because it gets under his skin.

It's because he PITIES someone so sad and pathetic. :D

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
It's because he PITIES someone so sad and pathetic. :D
Me? No way.

The Royals? Yep, I'd say sad and pathetic would be a good description.

BigRedChief
08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Not the one's I know, and especially not me. The Cardinals lost that series fair and square AFAIC.
I think a simple search of my posts will show that I have consistently said this also.

Derkingers call is not why we lost.We choked. The Royals won fair and square. Been saying this since 1985.

I also have nothing but admiration for the Royals fans. To stick with this team when they suck so bad. :clap: As a matter of fact I think I posted something like this 2-3 weeks ago.

Frazod
08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
As always, the perpetual cross-state penis envy over a 20 year old blown call cracks me up. ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 10:35 AM
I also have nothing but admiration for the Royals fans. To stick with this team when they suck so bad. :clap: As a matter of fact I think I posted something like this 2-3 weeks ago.
Thank you. We wear our teams suckyness as a badge of honor. It is the only thing they do consistantly well after all.

At least they have pretty blue uniforms though.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 10:36 AM
As always, the perpetual cross-state penis envy over a 20 year old blown call cracks me up. ROFL
It does me too... cause we won...

Frazod
08-24-2005, 11:04 AM
It does me too... cause we won...

"We" includes me, dumbass. I was just as happy as you were watching Brett creep towards Saberhagen at the end of Game 7 waiting for that final pop fly to be caught.

When the Royals actually had a team, they were my favorite, and St. Louis was always No 2. The absence of the old No. 1 sort of bumped the Cards up.

I don't need my teams to win it all every year (obviously). I do require them to show up. The Royals don't anymore, and haven't for years. But they used to.

siberian khatru
08-24-2005, 11:09 AM
"We" includes me, dumbass. I was just as happy as you were watching Brett creep towards Saberhagen at the end of Game 7 waiting for that final pop fly to be caught.

When the Royals actually had a team, they were my favorite, and St. Louis was always No 2. The absence of the old No. 1 sort of bumped the Cards up.

I don't need my teams to win it all every year (obviously). I do require them to show up. The Royals don't anymore, and haven't for years. But they used to.

Bandwagoner. I bet you were a Donks fan back in the late 90s.

(runs and hides)

BigRedChief
08-24-2005, 11:15 AM

Say it ain't so!:shake:
http://www.forumspile.com/Shit-SmellsLike.jpg