PDA

View Full Version : Can a healthy Priest Holmes break his own TD record this year?

Area 51
08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
I think he can if he remains healthy for the whole year. With LJ giving him a break without dropping off in production we may have two 1500+ yard rushers.

IMO LJ is less effective closer to the goal line. If he wants a butt load of TD's he's going to have to do them from long distance.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 09:29 AM
No, he lost his burst, stupid noob.

Hydrae
08-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Can he? Yes.

Will he? No.

Why not? LJ

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm kind of anxious to see LJ again this year at some time...or when Priest slows down or retires...

I wonder when Priest will (if ever) start kind of looking over his shoulder...

milkman
08-24-2005, 09:37 AM

ROFL

I think a lot depends on how some of the new pieces work in this offense, primarily LJ and Parker.

Both have the potential to add a level of "explosiveness" to this offense, the one ingredient thas has been missing.

LJ, while he won't get nearly the number of carries that Priest will, and certainly won't be the man in the red zone, has shown that he can bust it, and take it to the house anytime he gets the rock.

Parker, with his speed, has the potential to get open deep and take it to the house.

Both instances could take away some opportunities for Priest.

Of course, if the D comes around, and gets the offense the ball more, then they could give those opportunitie back to Priest.

DJay23
08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
With LJ giving him a break without dropping off in production we may have two 1500+ yard rushers.

You mean two rushers with 1500+ potential right?

Obviously you're not going to have two guys do that on the same team.

Right? :spock:

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Can he? Yes.

Will he? No.

Why not? LJ

Yup, yup, and yup.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 10:12 AM

You determine that he has lost his burst after 10 or so carries? If you would remember correctly he hasn't had blazing speed but quick steps to get through the initial hole. His hip injury was caused because he didn't have the sustained speed and was horsecollared and pulled down from behind.

stupid old poster.

el borracho
08-24-2005, 10:21 AM
I think he can if he remains healthy for the whole year. With LJ giving him a break without dropping off in production we may have two 1500+ yard rushers.

IMO LJ is less effective closer to the goal line. If he wants a butt load of TD's he's going to have to do them from long distance.
How long until we can dispel this myth that LJ is not an effective goal line runner?

Uatu
08-24-2005, 10:23 AM
How long until we can dispel this myth that LJ is not an effective goal line runner?

I dunno, I guess no one learned their lesson from doubting him before.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 10:24 AM
I think Priest is gonna silence all doubters right away.... but I don't think he's breaking any more records. His age plus LJ becoming more of a factor isn't gonna let that happen.

jidar1
08-24-2005, 10:25 AM
I dunno, I guess no one learned their lesson from doubting him before.

Not kidding. What part of running guys over keeps you out of the end zone?

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 10:27 AM
He looked good crossing the goal line vs. SD last year....twice.....

:D

Area 51
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM

I was basing my comments on his performance in the last game. He had a shot from the one and didn't have the leap or ability to see a hole or to make his own hole.

I hope that I'm wrong because he will be here after Priest has retired. I just don't see him doing the Priest or Marcus goal line dives.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 10:28 AM
He looked good crossing the goal line vs. SD last year....twice.....

:D

That's a good shot, did you take it?

milkman
08-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I was basing my comments on his performance in the last game. He had a shot from the one and didn't have the leap or ability to see a hole or to make his own hole.

I hope that I'm wrong because he will be here after Priest has retired. I just don't see him doing the Priest or Marcus goal line dives.

I think the fact that the defender came in unblocked, and was there so quickly that LJ didn't have a chance.

I don't thik Priest would have scored in that sitiation either.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Beer Me...god dammit...are you holding out on us with pics like that?

Any more?

As for the topic HELL NO. LJ should get 10 TDs this year if Saunders is doing the right thing.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I think the fact that the defender came in unblocked, and was there so quickly that LJ didn't have a chance.

I don't thik Priest would have scored in that sitiation either.

I hope you are right and I just missed it. I'm going to watch the game again tomorrow. I'll try to see what you saw.

Area 51
08-24-2005, 10:38 AM

Any more?

As for the topic HELL NO. LJ should get 10 TDs this year if Saunders is doing the right thing.

Why put the limit at 10?

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Any more?

I took that pic from the seat I was sitting in. Nice timing on my part if I do say so myself.

The rest of them have been posted in the pic forum "Chiefs vs. Chargers" ever since the game.

StcChief
08-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Depends on how many red zone carries LJ gets. He's a bull and will run over D players.

His potential to take away alot of TDs from Priest is high.

Two 1500 yrd runners. Good chance with this O.

D wont be able to cover everybody if Parker/Kennison/Gonzo start tearing it up.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-24-2005, 10:42 AM
That's a good shot, did you take it?
yes...as stated above the rest from that game are in the pics forum.

Mr. Laz
08-24-2005, 10:50 AM
the question could of been just "Can Priest stay healthy this year?"

that's really the only thing that matters.

he'll shatter all sorts of records if he can just play a full season

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Dejavu on this thread. But I will make the same predictions based on IF Priest stays health.

PH will have 31 total TD's this year to break his own record. He will put up 3 against the Jets, and then will on have to average less than 2 a game frome there. 31 you heard it here first.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
You determine that he has lost his burst after 10 or so carries? If you would remember correctly he hasn't had blazing speed but quick steps to get through the initial hole. His hip injury was caused because he didn't have the sustained speed and was horsecollared and pulled down from behind.

stupid old poster.

No, I got it right the first time...

If you would've been here and not been such a damn noob, you would've realized I was kidding. A bronco fan says he lost his burst. Says it mostly all the time, actually. :)

milkman
08-24-2005, 01:10 PM

If you would've been here and not been such a damn noob, you would've realized I was kidding. A bronco fan says he lost his burst. Says it mostly all the time, actually. :)

Really points out the need for a sarcasm smiley, doesn't it?

Area 51
08-24-2005, 01:13 PM

I guess the if I cared what a bronco's fan thought that might mean something. Not reading the whole board post for post and not having the opportunity to shouldn't make me any less of a Chiefs fan.

I guess I'll take whatever you say in the future as sarcasm.

go bo
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM

IMO LJ is less effective closer to the goal line. If he wants a butt load of TD's he's going to have to do them from long distance.if you're talking about the try from 1 yard out, there didn't seem to be a hole in front of him and the de was basically unblocked and free to make the tackle in the backfield...

they run was the right side where the blocking is less certain (maybe they were trying to check out the backups (it is preseason after all)...

Area 51
08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
if you're talking about the try from 1 yard out, there didn't seem to be a hole in front of him and the de was basically unblocked and free to make the tackle in the backfield...

they run was the right side where the blocking is less certain (maybe they were trying to check out the backups (it is preseason after all)...

I'm taping the game tomorrow, I'll watch it again and review what happened. Who knows, I might have missed something.

hbkeay
08-24-2005, 02:14 PM
if you're talking about the try from 1 yard out, there didn't seem to be a hole in front of him and the de was basically unblocked and free to make the tackle in the backfield...

LJ didn't make it on 3rd down, but it sure looked like he made it on 2nd down from 7 yards out. it should've been challenged. no one blocked on 3rd down, but i think priest would've made a better attempt than LJ.

also, all this knockin' on the noobs (me) by the old guys is unfair. i mean, weren't you all noobs within the last few years?

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Take your lumps danielsahn and have respect for your elders.

TRR
08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
If Holmes stays healthy, he could do it. Holmes has the best nose for the endzone I've ever seen. Even in Baltimore, he was outstanding at finding the endzone.

LJ just needs to use a little more patience around the goalline. He's too quick to just ram it in there. Holmes relies on vision and patience. LJ is a solid goalline runner, but he isn't Priest Holmes....Nobody is around the goalline.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I guess the if I cared what a bronco's fan thought that might mean something. Not reading the whole board post for post and not having the opportunity to shouldn't make me any less of a Chiefs fan.

I guess I'll take whatever you say in the future as sarcasm.

If you were a real fan, you'd read the board post for post...thread for thread...blood for blood.

And as far as that last sentence goes...atta boy. Baby steps. :)

Wallcrawler
08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
What is this talk about two 1500+ rushers on the team?

Have you people lost your mind?

With as much as Dick and Al love to pass the ball, there is no way, NO WAY that Priest and L.J. both top 1500 yards. Not unless Trent Green is injured week one, and out for the rest of the season. Thats the only way I see Saunders going to the ground game as his primary mode of attack.

As for the topic question, I doubt that Holmes will break his own TD mark now that Johnson has emerged as a very capable back. Priest has the ability to do it, as he had 14 rush tds at midseason last year before he got hurt. If he gets all the carries down in the redzone, then its a damn good possibility. He could conceivably break his TD record if he got all those carries, but that shouldnt be the focus. The focus should be getting to the playoffs, and then going on to the superbowl. Why risk getting him hurt just for a personal record?

I think that the main goal for the Chiefs offense in regard to Priest Holmes should be to keep him healthy for the full 16 games, and let Johnson do his thing so that we still have two healthy runningbacks when playoff time rolls around.

Now that Johnson has shown what he can do, there isnt a need for Priest to be overloaded with the bulk of the rushing attack like he has been in the past. A healthy Priest Holmes at playoff time is a huge asset, and it needs to be protected.

dtebbe
08-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes, but the way LJ is playing, I honestly do think that LJ and Priest should have been competing for the starting job at training camp. So I guess my answer is that IF he gets all the snaps he could break it, but the way LJ is mowing people down and demonstrating good vision and decisiveness, I don't think you can keep LJ out of the game.

And, that damn T-rich is just fricking devestating on every play. What I love is that he hits guys hard enough to piss them off on every play, and when they push him he acts like he is totally puzzled as to why they're pissed. THAT, my friends, is a football player!

DT

BigMeatballDave
08-25-2005, 01:35 AM
I think he'll score 30 TDs, but he'll only gain 1200 yards...

Area 51
08-25-2005, 07:13 AM
If you were a real fan, you'd read the board post for post...thread for thread...blood for blood.

And as far as that last sentence goes...atta boy. Baby steps. :)

If you believe that I'm not a real fan because I don't read the whole f* bb, you are sadly mistaken.

Baby steps? Now I'd feel more comfortable calling you a jerk rather than sarcastic.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 11:11 AM
If you believe that I'm not a real fan because I don't read the whole f* bb, you are sadly mistaken.

Baby steps? Now I'd feel more comfortable calling you a jerk rather than sarcastic.

This is worthless...

Everyone besides you knows that I AM JUST MESSING WITH YOU, NOOB!!!

Stop taking crap seriously. ROFL

Area 51
08-25-2005, 01:12 PM
This is worthless...

Everyone besides you knows that I AM JUST MESSING WITH YOU, NOOB!!!

Stop taking crap seriously. ROFL

I'd say that the noob just got you, big time!!!!:shake:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:14 PM
I'd say that the noob just got you, big time!!!!:shake:

omg, I have a stalker.

WHY WON'T YOU LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!!! :deevee:

I'LL DO ANYTHING!!!!

Area 51
08-25-2005, 01:22 PM
omg, I have a stalker.

WHY WON'T YOU LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!!! :deevee:

I'LL DO ANYTHING!!!!

Are you a hot chick? I don't stalk guys!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Are you a hot chick? I don't stalk guys!

asl

Area 51
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM
asl

????????????????????????????

Incoherent at best!!!