PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Robinson to the Hall of Fame?

ChiTown
08-24-2005, 12:01 PM
That would be a very well deserving thing to have happen.....

JR to the HOF? (http://kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/24/gretz_hall_of_fame_window_is_open/)

tomahawk kid
08-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Johnny Robinson is one of my dad's all time favorite Chiefs players. As a result I probably know more about JR than most people my age.

This is an omission from the HOF that is well overdue to be corrected. I would be thrilled if #42 found his way into Canton.

Chief Faithful
08-24-2005, 12:21 PM
I think Johnny Robinson is deserving, but I think the bigger omission is Otis Taylor.

milkman
08-24-2005, 12:25 PM
If Johhny is one of the two to be selected for consideration by the seniors committe, then I hope Gretz isn't the one that argues for him when it's time for the selection committe to make final selections.

I'd like to see John Clayton do it.

I heard him talking about those great KC defenses of the 60s and 70s, and he not only believes that those Ds are amng the best of all time, but he believes very passionately that both Johnny and Emmitt Thomas belong in the HOF.

milkman
08-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Johnny Robinson is deserving, but I think the bigger omission is Otis Taylor.

I would agree, but with all the time that has passed, I would be very surprised if he ever gets past the seniors committe, because of his numbers.

A lot of these people won't remember just how great Otis was, and will look at the numbers and pass him up.

tomahawk kid
08-24-2005, 12:35 PM
I would agree, but with all the time that has passed, I would be very surprised if he ever gets past the seniors committe, because of his numbers.

A lot of these people won't remember just how great Otis was, and will look at the numbers and pass him up.

Exactly. Johnny's numbers hold up much better than OT's, for a variety of reasons.

KCTitus
08-24-2005, 12:35 PM
How did he get elidgible so quick...they just cut him this year.

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 01:13 PM
How did he get elidgible so quick...they just cut him this year.
You're thinking of Johnny Johnson.

KCTitus
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
You're thinking of Johnny Johnson.

Ahh...my mistake.

KChiefs1
08-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Looks like he didn't make it as the vet's committee only sent two names....John Madden & Rayfield Wright.

milkman
08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Looks like he didn't make it as the vet's committee only sent two names....John Madden & Rayfield Wright.

Fug'em.

It's official.
The HOF selectors, both the final committee, and the the seniors committee, suck donkey dong.