PDA

View Full Version : Gambling Thread

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Due to the fact that this has been a tremendously popular thread over the last 5 years I would like to continue but have some issues. As many of you know Russ created a very cool web sight to do last years competition however I have PMed him twice to no avail and have no way of contacting him. That being the case I will have you know it is a lot of work to do it correctly and I have very little time due to an overwhelming amount of work I need to get done. I am also traveling a number of weeks out of this season making it increasingly hard to do. In short what I am looking for is a way to contact Russ or at least a couple people willing to help me throughout the season if I cannot contact him or he doesn't want to get involved this year.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:26 PM

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm interested in participating, but don't have any time or technical ability to help.

Taco is a dirty, donkey lover, but I kind of liked his new "vcash" and betting forum/program/whatever last year....you might have phildo check with him to see how tough that would be, or possibility of implementing it here. I don't know, but I liked it.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm interested in participating, but don't have any time or technical ability to help.

Taco is a dirty, donkey lover, but I kind of liked his new "vcash" and betting forum/program/whatever last year....you might have phildo check with him to see how tough that would be, or possibility of implementing it here. I don't know, but I liked it.

Someone has to know how to get a hold of Russ.

Amnorix
08-24-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm in for the gambling, but I'm unfortunately of no use when it comes to creating web pages, etc. Sorry.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm in for the gambling, but I'm unfortunately of no use when it comes to creating web pages, etc. Sorry.

Well if I can't use the BB Russ created I will have to do it old school which is just math. It takes a little while to do all the math and when I am traveling it's just too much. I am just looking for someone to do that and post the results probably 5 or 6 weeks out of the entire season.

Chest Rockwell
08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Well if I can't use the BB Russ created I will have to do it old school which is just math. It takes a little while to do all the math and when I am traveling it's just too much. I am just looking for someone to do that and post the results probably 5 or 6 weeks out of the entire season.

How hard is the math? I'd be willing to kick in and help some as long as it doesn't require an IQ higher than Brick Tamland's, and no sup3r l337 h4x0ring skillz, because I am an webbernet retard.

And I second the opinon that Taco is a dirty donkey-lover. Plus he's a Bronco fan.

Phobia
08-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I'll have to ask TJ about that vcash thing. That's a pretty cool add-on.

Otter
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM

You're threading on thin ice for a neg rep bomb here. :mad:

Is the page that Russ made still available? If we can see how he setup the calculations it should be a breeze. Just need to find someone with the webspace then.

May even be free space available.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:52 PM
How hard is the math? I'd be willing to kick in and help some as long as it doesn't require an IQ higher than Brick Tamland's, and no sup3r l337 h4x0ring skillz, because I am an webbernet retard.

And I second the opinon that Taco is a dirty donkey-lover. Plus he's a Bronco fan.

Math is easy it's just payouts and member totals. When you have 30 people like we had last year it takes about an hour.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I'll have to ask TJ about that vcash thing. That's a pretty cool add-on.

What's a vcash thing?

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
You're threading on thin ice for a neg rep bomb here. :mad:

Is the page that Russ made still available? If we can see how he setup the calculations it should be a breeze. Just need to find someone with the webspace then.

May even be free space available.
I don't think he used the web page for calculating the totals. I believed he had it set up in Excel and transferred the data (manually) to the web page.

If you can't find Russ, I can take over his job Big Daddy. I have the web space available and should be able to create a spreadsheet to handle the calculations.

Phobia
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
What's a vcash thing?

vcash integrates with the BB and displays totals under each user's post. Check orangemane.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't think he used the web page for calculating the totals. I believed he had it set up in Excel and transferred the data (manually) to the web page.

If you can't find Russ, I can take over his job Big Daddy. I have the web space available and should be able to create a spreadsheet to handle the calculations.

Outstanding you rule Bob. I'll post a thread to sign up tomorrow. Hopefully we hear from Russ by the end of this week if not your the man. I was really hoping we could get this done it will be year number 6. I am ready for my 2nd championship. For the life of me I can't remember who won last year I must be getting old. I remember the other years though.

morphius
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I used to have his phone number, but got tired of typing it into my phones since I kept having to get them replaced. I know there are a couple people with his phone number around though.

KC Dan
08-24-2005, 03:24 PM
If you can't find Russ, I can take over his job Big Daddy.
This just in:

Dartgod wins the 2005/2006 Chiefsplanet Gambling Tourney!

:banghead::cuss:

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 03:30 PM
This just in:

Dartgod wins the 2005/2006 Chiefsplanet Gambling Tourney!

:banghead::cuss:
:evil:

Taco John
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Look it up at the .org site Phildo... It's called vBookie, and it's awesome. Set the lines and let the computer do the math for you.

There are a few limitations... once the lines are set, they're set. But it's all good man... I love that program.

the Talking Can
08-24-2005, 03:44 PM
I think I came in 2nd last year...but maybe I'm crazy.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:48 PM

Yea you did well, I need to get that info from Russ.

the Talking Can
08-24-2005, 03:49 PM
anyone have the link? does the page still exist?

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
anyone have the link? does the page still exist?

I don't think so I looked for it.

Dartgod
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't think so I looked for it.
It looks like Wolfman took the site down. I did find the threads in the gambling forum. Here is the last one for Super Bowl week, and UTChief finished on top.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109535

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=37336&stc=1

UTChief
08-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Outstanding you rule Bob. I'll post a thread to sign up tomorrow. Hopefully we hear from Russ by the end of this week if not your the man. I was really hoping we could get this done it will be year number 6. I am ready for my 2nd championship. For the life of me I can't remember who won last year I must be getting old. I remember the other years though.

(Yes I won) I'm looking forward to defending my title. It will be fun.

Amnorix
08-25-2005, 07:47 AM

Third, punk!! I was second.

In reality, though, UTChief crushed us all. He had it locked up for several weeks and it was hardly neck and neck at the end, if I recall correctly, so he's the only one with real gloating rights.

EDIT: actually, maybe the FINAL results did have me less than 2nd. I remember I had to bet opposite UTChiefs just to try to catch him, and I had to plow alot of money in it, so I might have done a free-fall.

Amnorix
08-25-2005, 07:49 AM
(Yes I won) I'm looking forward to defending my title. It will be fun.

You killed us last year. Seriously, it was a blow out. You were like top 3 for the entire second half of the season or something, while the rest of us were juggling around, and you must have led the whole thing for like the last 4+ weeks or something, consistently stretching out your lead.

Impressive performance, I must say.

BigRedChief
08-25-2005, 07:52 AM

Only because I forgot to post week 14 picks.:harumph:

the Talking Can
08-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Only because I forgot to post week 14 picks.:harumph:

sure.............. ROFL

actually, I guess I was 3rd....anyways, it's a lot of fun...and I appreciate the effort put in by those who make it happen

BigRedChief
08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
sure.............. ROFL

actually, I guess I was 3rd....anyways, it's a lot of fun...and I appreciate the effort put in by those who make it happen

Hey I was in the top 5 all year until week 14. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!:harumph:

Dartgod
08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
I had my best showing ever in this last year. usually I bust out by mid season, but I was in it up till the end.

I'm looking forward to resuming my usual lousy performance this year. :sulk:

KC Dan
08-25-2005, 09:20 AM
6th last year, my 1st year playing. This year Numero Uno!!!

bkkcoh
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
Count me in also.

Dartgod
08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
6th last year, my 1st year playing. This year Numero Uno!!!
Not with me running the show.

Bwahahahahahahaha! :evil: