PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the good guys gone?

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:11 PM
KCWolfman - Miss that guy
aturnis - Liked the intensity.
B2chiefsfan - Great takes.
Beatlemanu - Always brought something to the table.
bricks - Great poster I'll leave it at that.
Dinny Blues - Definately added to the BB when posting.
grandllama - One of my favorite posters
Mr. Christopher - Haven't seen him like forever
MrBlond - Still don't know what happened to that guy.
noswad - I heard she was on some commie BB is that true?
Pack fan - You have to have somebody to kick around.
PennyWise - This guy cracks me up.
suds79 - Always up on stuff

I know the BB has changed a lot lately but we got some great posters MIA what's up? Hell I can't even get anyone to post on the gambling thread with getting it started again and it has been very popular in the past.

Amnorix
08-24-2005, 02:14 PM
I know the BB has changed a lot lately but we got some great posters MIA what's up? Hell I can't even get anyone to post on the gambling thread with getting it started again and it has been very popular in the past.

Whoa -- I'm up for the gambling thread. Where has it been hiding? Maybe it's buried in a subforum? I'll hunt it down.

But I'm betting lack of exposure isn't helping it. I thought it was great last year.

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 02:17 PM
You still got Go Chiefs though-so cheer up little soldier-it will be all right.

hbkeay
08-24-2005, 02:17 PM
a more important question: where have all the cowboys gone?

MOhillbilly
08-24-2005, 02:18 PM
i blame gochiefs and islamawhore,jaz,talking can,and all them other queer lovin america haters.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2005, 02:20 PM
i blame gochiefs and islamawhore,jaz,talking can,and all them other queer lovin america haters.

I neither love or hate queers. I love America. I think they should have turned the middle east into glass. Is that enough?

JOhn
08-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Don't forget LVNHACK, I miss his postings. Hopefully he'll come back soon, Night crew is not the same with out him. :shake:

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Don't forget LVNHACK, I miss his postings. Hopefully he'll come back soon, Night crew is not the same with out him. :shake:

That's true he was one of the best posters we have ever had here. He usually disappears until the season begins so hopefully he will show back up.

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Talisman....Popped at work
yunghungwell...popped at work
lvnhack....angry to my understanding

nosewad.....hiding in cowardice after lying.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Talisman....Popped at work
yunghungwell...popped at work

nosewad.....hiding in cowardice after lying.

All those guys are great. Why is LVNHACK pissed? We need to get some of the old school guys back the BB is much better with them around.

grandllama
08-24-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm still here, just not much time to post... went straight from prom / wedding season into taking over management of a failing bar and putting in 90 - 100 hour weeks trying to right the ship. I must have done too well as the bar sold this week and I'll be unemployed as of Sunday. Plus side, more time to hang out here... Minus side, no money for Chiefs tickets...

grandllama
08-24-2005, 02:32 PM
All those guys are great. Why is LVNHACK pissed? We need to get some of the old school guys back the BB is much better with them around.

IIRC LVNHACK just got upset with the status of the board (politics, infighting, etc)... Hope he comes back eventually...

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm still here, just not much time to post... went straight from prom / wedding season into taking over management of a failing bar and putting in 90 - 100 hour weeks trying to right the ship. I must have done too well as the bar sold this week and I'll be unemployed as of Sunday. Plus side, more time to hang out here... Minus side, no money for Chiefs tickets...

That sucks. Glad your back but I wish it could have been under better circumstances.

Calcountry
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
All those guys are great. Why is LVNHACK pissed? We need to get some of the old school guys back the BB is much better with them around.There have been a high volume of queer threads, and "have you ever.... " threads. Way to ghey for me to spend my valuable time on.

Besides, I am just a n00b poster who never posted at the Star BB, and cannot carry water at this BB. I never played organized football, and am a postwhore, according to the Clevis detector Skip.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:45 PM
There have been a high volume of queer threads, and "have you ever.... " threads. Way to ghey for me to spend my valuable time on.

Besides, I am just a n00b poster who never posted at the Star BB, and cannot carry water at this BB. I never played organized football, and am a postwhore, according to the Clevis detector Skip.

I agree the BB has gone very ghey and young lately which is why we need the old school guys back and people like you for the regular season. I really hope this trend doesn't continue frankly it's embarrassing when people come from other football BB's and see that as well as a terrorist supporter posting here. School is starting up again that may help out. Season is starting out again and that may help out. I am still hopefull.

Phobia
08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
aturnis comes around but not very often. He's a kid more interested in partying and chasing skirt. Who can blame him? He was here less than 10 days ago.
I think B2 is probably posting under another username.
Beatlemanu was here today, but hasn't posted in a month. Vacation? Busy? I dunno.
bricks is definitely here under a diff username.
Dinny posted not long ago. He's always popped in and popped out.
I think Mr. Christopher is chasing tail, too. He hasn't been around for a couple months.
PennyWise is here every day.
Suds was here 3 days ago.

Halfcan
08-24-2005, 02:46 PM
All those guys are still here- they are called Mr. Kotter. Don't believe me see how quick one of them popped up-only Kotter has that kind of charisma.

ptlyon
08-24-2005, 02:47 PM
aturnis comes around but not very often. He's a kid more interested in partying and chasing skirt. Who can blame him? He was here less than 10 days ago.
Beatlemanu was here today, but hasn't posted in a month. Vacation? Busy? I dunno.
I think Mr. Christopher is chasing tail, too. He hasn't been around for a couple months.

Quite the stalker you are Phil...

Phobia
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
ptlyon just picked his nose and wiped it under his desk.

ptlyon
08-24-2005, 02:52 PM
ptlyon just picked his nose and wiped it under his desk.

DAMMIT

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM

That's cool at least their coming around. Thanks for the update.

ChiefsGirl
08-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Only one person on that list I know - can't say I miss him. :D

Hammock Parties
08-24-2005, 03:04 PM
aturnis comes around but not very often. He's a kid more interested in partying and chasing skirt.

What a loser.

Lzen
08-24-2005, 03:07 PM

Holy crap! Phil is really on top of things. I guess we better watch our Ps and Qs. :eek:

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
I can't help but laugh...........every time I read this thread header, I keep thinking of some song that was on the grammys in the late 90's-early 2000s...."where have all the cowboys gone"

Its a pretty funny thought......BD glassing the horizon with the looking glass, searching for the Village People drummer.

kc rush
08-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I miss KC Nut. I know that he was on here the other day, but reading his regular ramblings was always good for a laugh.

I always picture him as an escapee from the group home typing away on his Rent-A-Center computer.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I can't help but laugh...........every time I read this thread header, I keep thinking of some song that was on the grammys in the late 90's-early 2000s...."where have all the cowboys gone"

Its a pretty funny thought......BD glassing the horizon with the looking glass, searching for the Village People drummer.

How do you know the drummer is the cowboy? :hmmm:

onescrewleftuntwisted
08-24-2005, 03:16 PM
dont forget about me i disappear and reappear all the time, and will keep doing so untill banned or die

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 03:17 PM
How do you know the drummer is the cowboy? :hmmm:

Itsth eathy thilly goothe.

JOhn
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
That's true he was one of the best posters we have ever had here. He usually disappears until the season begins so hopefully he will show back up.

No he had some personal issues, and was tired of all the N00bs on here. I believe he still lurks on occasion. :shrug:

Hopefully he will start posting again soon.

Phobia
08-24-2005, 03:19 PM
Holy crap! Phil is really on top of things. I guess we better watch our Ps and Qs. :eek:

Nah - I needed to cheat.

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
No he had some personal issues, and was tired of all the N00bs on here. .

The place has definately changed. Schools starting up again soon thank god.

|Zach|
08-24-2005, 03:25 PM
I miss KCW a whole lot...and its good to see GrandLlamma's goofy ass around here.

BigRedChief
08-24-2005, 03:31 PM
As a lousy 2003 noob I realize that my opinion is less valued than some here but the only one that I miss thats truly gone is Mr. Blond

Mr. Kotter
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM
All those guys are still here- they are called Mr. Kotter. Don't believe me see how quick one of them popped up-only Kotter has that kind of charisma.

You got that right. The others are just fuggin' amatuers.

What ever happened to the SDChiefsfan guy? The board really could use him again....

|Zach|
08-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Bricks under a different name eh?

siberian khatru
08-24-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm still here, what more do you want?

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm still here, what more do you want?

Yea your old school. :thumb:

siberian khatru
08-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Yea your old school. :thumb:

Hairy bush old school, y'know it! ROFL

TEX
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
KCWolfman - Miss that guy
aturnis - Liked the intensity.
B2chiefsfan - Great takes.
Beatlemanu - Always brought something to the table.
bricks - Great poster I'll leave it at that.
Dinny Blues - Definately added to the BB when posting.
grandllama - One of my favorite posters
Mr. Christopher - Haven't seen him like forever
MrBlond - Still don't know what happened to that guy.
noswad - I heard she was on some commie BB is that true?
Pack fan - You have to have somebody to kick around.
PennyWise - This guy cracks me up.
suds79 - Always up on stuff

This place is not like it used to be back in the beginnig. Way too much name calling for differences in opinions. I can't count the number of times people are labeled as not being "real fans" because they don't buy into all the sugar coated hype. And now we seem to have an abundence of "experts" and judges on everything - It gets old. Funny thing is we're all on the same side. :hmmm:

Still, I like this place because it's a great source for information on the CHIEFS - but some of the old guys are indeed missed.

BTW BIG DADDY - May your Lakers $uck FOREVER! ;)

JOhn
08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
This place is not like it used to be back in the beginning. Way too much name calling for differences in opinions. I can't count the number of times people are labeled as not being "real fans" because they don't buy into all the sugar coated hype. And now we seem to have an abundance of "experts" and judges on everything - It gets old. Funny thing is we're all on the same side. :hmmm:

Still, I like this place because it's a great source for information on the CHIEFS - but some of the old guys are indeed missed.

BTW BIG DADDY - May your Lakers $uck FOREVER! ;)
I gotta disagree a bit. There has always been name calling and trashing of each other. But I think the problem is we have become victims of our own success ( as a BB). When this BB started and for the first year or two, we were small enough that we all pretty much knew each other, and knew the people doing the trash talking. But as we have grown we are less likely to know the other poster as well, and sometimes it's difficult to tell when they are joking or being down right mean.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great the BB has gotten so big, but there are always growing pains. I think the DC forum is a direct result of this growth. I know I have a hard time keeping up on who is who, and get tired of people I don't know making snide comments about people they don't even know. The BB is just as great as always, but just in a different way, IMHO.

chiefs4me
08-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I wonder why you didn't get called whore or dumb or stupid for starting a thread asking where people went....oh that's right, because you are not chiefs4me...

To answer your question, I don't know where most of them went, but I do know that 2 of those posters are on another board...

Is everyone havng a great day...because I am.

Biohazard
08-24-2005, 04:16 PM
dont forget about me i disappear and reappear all the time, and will keep doing so untill banned or die
Oh Damn! Thought you were BANNED.

Phobia
08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
I wonder why you didn't get called whore or dumb or stupid for starting a thread asking where people went....oh that's right, because you are not chiefs4me...

If you would adjust your attitude just a smidgeon. Ditch the victim mentality and toughen your skin up a hair nobody would say shit to you. I've explained this 100x to you. I know the mentality of this board.

Donger
08-24-2005, 04:19 PM

I could explain it to you, but I don't believe that you'd understand. And, I'm really not saying that to be nasty; it's just an opinion based on historical fact.

go bo
08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
mentality?

this board is mental?

who'd a thunk it?

milkman
08-24-2005, 04:36 PM

To answer your question, I don't know where most of them went, but I do know that 2 of those posters are on another board...

Is everyone havng a great day...because I am.

No, he didn't get called a whore or dumb or stupid, and it has nothing to do with who he is, or isn't.

It has everything to do with the fact that the thread isn't dumb, or stupid, or a whore.

And just to be clear here, while I agree with the people that perceive your posts as stupid, I am not, nor will I, call you a whore.

I don't know anything about your personal life, and I won't make that leap.

What I do know is that the way you present yourself in this forum is childish and stupid.

Bob Dole
08-24-2005, 05:00 PM
PennyWise's boss is an asshole and flips him shit when he posts.

chiefs4me
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
If you would adjust your attitude just a smidgeon. Ditch the victim mentality and toughen your skin up a hair nobody would say shit to you. I've explained this 100x to you. I know the mentality of this board.

:rolleyes:.....my thread was not any different...and you know it. But thank you all for answering me, even though I was talking to BD.

And we have not had a 100 conservations....maybe 20.

Bd, tell lil momma Happy Belated Birthday from me...sorry I missed it.

Phob, your last line did give me a chuckle.ROFL

JOhn
08-24-2005, 06:37 PM
:rolleyes:.....my thread was not any different...and you know it. But thank you all for answering me, even though I was talking to BD.

Yup no different at all, except...

BD was asking about posters who have not posted for a long time..
and..
posters that were long time members ..
and..
Who were major contributors on a daily basis..

And your was about people who have been posting, but you were not aware of it. See you can check their profile and see the last date they posted. :p

Over-Head
08-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Well I'm still here damnit! :cuss:

(just up to my eyeballs in work atm :( )

Mr. Kotter
08-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Well I'm still here damnit! :cuss:

(just up to my eyeballs in work atm :( )

R U still a R aider fan?

Calcountry
08-24-2005, 07:09 PM
As a lousy 2003 noob I realize that my opinion is less valued than some here but the only one that I miss thats truly gone is Mr. BlondI can relate.

kc1977
08-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Here's my confusion - I lurk a lot - I don't have the time to post too often and get caught up in an actual conversation. I'd really love to, but it's hard to do - both at work and at home. So, I try to keep anything I say to something that I won't have to respond to later.

Anyhow, my confusions always stem from people changing user names. I can't keep up with it, and if someone is gone I'm used to seeing, I just assume they've changed names. I wish there was a master list with user name changes that you can go back and see a person's history.

I bet it would be interesting (at least to me who doesn't keep up) to find out who really used to be who.

Mr. Kotter
08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Here's my confusion - I lurk a lot - I don't have the time to post too often and get caught up in an actual conversation. I'd really love to, but it's hard to do - both at work and at home. So, I try to keep anything I say to something that I won't have to respond to later.

Anyhow, my confusions always stem from people changing user names. I can't keep up with it, and if someone is gone I'm used to seeing, I just assume they've changed names. I wish there was a master list with user name changes that you can go back and see a person's history.

I bet it would be interesting (at least to me who doesn't keep up) to find out who really used to be who.

I'll simplify it for you:

Every poster that is no longer here, I used to be.

Hope that helps. ;)

morphius
08-24-2005, 07:23 PM

And we have not had a 100 conservations....maybe 20.

Bd, tell lil momma Happy Belated Birthday from me...sorry I missed it.

Phob, your last line did give me a chuckle.ROFL
Actually there is a slight difference Hon, none of the people he listed have posted anything in the last week or so, and some it has been months if not longer.

Donger
08-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Actually there is a slight difference Hon, none of the people he listed have posted anything in the last week or so, and some it has been months if not longer.

Why do you people insist on trying to explain things to it? It doesn't understand; either intentionally or not.

morphius
08-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Why do you people insist on trying to explain things to it? It doesn't understand; either intentionally or not.
Because somewhere I earned that "nice guy" image, so I just go with it.

Donger
08-24-2005, 07:29 PM
Because somewhere I earned that "nice guy" image, so I just go with it.

You too, eh? I'm just not very good at it.

Mr. Kotter
08-24-2005, 07:30 PM

chief4me is Pennywise? :spock:

Now I'm gettin' confused....

:)

Skip Towne
08-24-2005, 07:38 PM
(covers ears) Lalalalalalalala I can't HEAR you!!!!!!!

Mr. Kotter
08-24-2005, 07:40 PM

At your age, you ought to be checkin' into one of these then.....heh.

Skip Towne
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey, f*ck you very much. :p

Coach
08-24-2005, 07:48 PM

Heh, that was good. He still must not forget about this one as well to go along with his hearing aid. :p

http://www.helpkidshear.org/images/devices/mold.gif

chiefs4me
08-24-2005, 07:48 PM

ROFL....there is no difference and you all know it....week or so? Where is Badgirl? Where has Red been except the girly thread? You all can come up with an excuse for anything....but I will let YOU slide....;)

chiefs4me
08-24-2005, 07:50 PM

ROFL.......hope you are doing okay skipper.....:thumb:

morphius
08-24-2005, 07:52 PM
ROFL....there is no difference and you all know it....week or so? Where is Badgirl? Where has Red been except the girly thread? You all can come up with an excuse for anything....but I will let YOU slide....;)
You know I have not insulted you once, or picked on you at all. I believe Red posted on the Help Me thread by Phobia the same day you did.

badgirl, not sure about.

go bo
08-24-2005, 08:00 PM
You know I have not insulted you once, or picked on you at all. . .yeah, what the heck's wrong with you anyway?

morphius
08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
yeah, what the heck's wrong with you anyway?
I'm truly broken.

penguinz
08-24-2005, 08:05 PM
a more important question: where have all the cowboys gone?
I am disappointed in this community. There is no way it should have taken three replies to this topic before this was posted.

Phobia
08-24-2005, 08:07 PM
I am disappointed in this community.

It's good to see we're still exceeding expectations.

Frazod
08-24-2005, 08:21 PM
LVNHACK posted a couple of months ago after a long absence. I guess he's had some life issues to deal with. He indicated that he'd be posting again, but I haven't heard anything else out of him.

chiefs4me
08-24-2005, 08:31 PM
You know I have not insulted you once, or picked on you at all. I believe Red posted on the Help Me thread by Phobia the same day you did.

badgirl, not sure about.

I have only seen badgirl like once every 2 weeks.....and Red, well someone else is gonna have to find her last post, I went back almost 2 months. Seems like something on one of her last threads had something to do with her not being around, and what clint said the other day is starting to make sense...:)

True gentlemen don't have it in them to insult......;)

|Zach|
08-24-2005, 09:01 PM

Hope that helps. ;)
ROFL ROFL

Phobia
08-24-2005, 09:02 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=83650

grandllama
08-24-2005, 09:02 PM

Hope that helps. ;)

yeah, he's me dammit...

Phobia
08-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Your searches don't work, ENDelt. Does mine work for you? Maybe they're user specific?

grandllama
08-24-2005, 09:06 PM
You got that right. The others are just fuggin' amatuers.

What ever happened to the SDChiefsfan guy? The board really could use him again....

Last I remember he was last seen taking GrandLlama for a ride in his mini van...

grandllama
08-24-2005, 09:11 PM
What about this one (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&u=4154)?

that one worked

Mr. Kotter
08-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Last I remember he was last seen taking GrandLlama for a ride in his mini van...

I hope you brought a sharp saw, and a 55 gallon barrel along....er, check that....TWO 55 gallon barrels. :hmmm:

RealSNR
08-24-2005, 09:25 PM
A guy missing on that list is Talisman. Man, that guy was funny.

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 09:36 PM
busted at work.....also started home business last I heard

philfree
08-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Where have all the good guys gone?

I'm still here :) And I am one of the good guys :) Don't you think that's so, tommykat?

PhilFree:arrow:

CosmicPal
08-24-2005, 09:58 PM
busted at work.....also started home business last I heard

That's me right there: Busted at work and started my own business.

Logical
08-24-2005, 09:59 PM

Is everyone havng a great day...because I am.You really should just appreciate how SPECIAL it makes you to be called a stupid, dumb, whore.

philfree
08-24-2005, 10:06 PM
You really should just appreciate how SPECIAL it makes you to be called a stupid, dumb, whore.

That's pretty much equivalent to us calling Jim an A-hole. He don't sweat it so you shouldn't either, chiefs4me. :shrug:

Logical
08-25-2005, 05:28 PM
That's pretty much equivalent to us calling Jim an A-hole. He don't sweat it so you shouldn't either, chiefs4me. :shrug:

PhilFree:arrow:Actually I take pride in it, but get it right. It is Arrogant A-hole ya dummy.

BIG_DADDY
08-25-2005, 05:45 PM

Well it pretty much comes down to walking through life with a big red button on your chest that says push me and I'll act this way. Once you have established that everyone is going to push your button and so it is with chiefs4me. Personally I would think it would be frusterating letting everyone else control you all the time but hey that's just me.

Bob Dole
08-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Well it pretty much comes down to walking through life with a big red button on your chest that says push me and I'll act this way. Once you have established that everyone is going to push your button and so it is with chiefs4me. Personally I would think it would be frusterating letting everyone else control you all the time but hey that's just me.

Frusterating, indeed.

There's a future Planetism if Bob Dole ever seed one.

badgirl
08-30-2005, 06:56 AM
Having a cigarette? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&u=4154)
Damn it boy, how'd ya guess? :)

OK OK here I am, sooooooo........now what?

OH I know now we can have a group hug. :grouphug:

Skip Towne
08-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Damn it boy, how'd ya guess? :)

OK OK here I am, sooooooo........now what?

OH I know now we can have a group hug. :grouphug:
Where have you been hanging out? I haven't seen anything of you.

badgirl
08-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Where have you been hanging out? I haven't seen anything of you.
Hell between Stumppy and the boys I'm lucky to be here now, kids finally started to school and stumppys still asleep.

philfree
08-30-2005, 07:02 AM
Actually I take pride in it, but get it right. It is Arrogant A-hole ya dummy.

My bad!

And I have no clue to what Big Daddy is trying to say in his post.

badgirl
08-30-2005, 07:07 AM
My bad!

And I have no clue to what Big Daddy is trying to say in his post.

I think he was trying to tell C4me to go with the flo....heh, get it FLO, oh well anyway thats what I think.