PDA

View Full Version : Q&A w/Dick Vermeil (8/24) Bell in contact drills...

TRR
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Q&A with Dick Vermeil
Aug 24, 2005, 3:45:05 PM

Q: How was practice today?

DICK VERMEIL: “I thought it was a good practice. It was a good tempo. We’ve had two practices in a row with pads with good tempo. We take the pads off them tomorrow. Like I just told them, by the time we play the Jets we’ll have had only two padded practices left, plus two pre-season games to get pad work. I think they took advantage of it today.”

Q: Where is this team in relation right now in the pre-season to other teams you’ve had?

VERMEIL: “Geez, I don’t know. Every once in a while I think they’re better, some times I think we’re not as good. Obviously, we haven’t scored many points in a pre-season game. Last year we were ahead in doing those kinds of things. But every year is a little bit different, has its own unique problems. I’d like to think we’re better. I thought that coming out of training camp, but I don’t know if we’ve proven anything to justify that feeling yet.”

Q: Is Trent hurt at all?

VERMEIL: “No, he had some numbness in his little toe.”

Q: Because he threw some interceptions in 11-on-11.

VERMEIL: “Hopefully, the defense is getting better.”

Q: Do you know anything about Kris Griffin’s injury?

VERMEIL: “He went for an MRI.”

Q: How important is this third pre-season game for the confidence of your offense? You’ve said that they’re not moving as well as you want and this is a game where they’re going to get at least a half, right?

VERMEIL: “Yeah, but you’d like to believe we haven’t lost much of what we had. But you still have to prove it. Whatever we did last year doesn’t count, doesn’t make a darn bit of difference. It’s what you do now. With our approach and the way we run the offense in the pre-season games we make it a little tougher on ourselves. Usually you don’t score as many points doing that. We weren’t as efficient in the first two games as we were last year, that’s all.

“Should I be worried about it? I worry about everything all the time.”

Q: How about Kendrell Bell? He practiced a little more today?

VERMEIL: “He was in the contact drills. He jumped into the goal line and short yardage work. Like I said, he needs just a few snaps a day to get the rust out.”

Q: Enough to let him play this week?

VERMEIL: “I hope so.”

Q: Griffin’s injury?

VERMEIL: “He took off to run and he felt a strain. Didn’t feel a pop, just a strain, so hopefully that’s all it is.”

Lzen
08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Hopefully, this means we'll see Kendrell Bell on Saturday.

beer bacon
08-24-2005, 03:01 PM
I hope Griffin is ok. He looked pretty damn good against Arizona. Good thing we have Fujita.

Chiefnj
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
It's a step in the right direction. I'd like to see the "I hope so" be a "yes", but it is out of Vermeil's hands.

I hope Griffin isn't injured seriously.

TRR
08-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I think Griffin will be alright.

Bell is getting close to full go. The training staff is probably waiting to see how Bell's shoulder will feel tomorrow morning.

MichaelH
08-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Q: Where is this team in relation right now in the pre-season to other teams you’ve had?

VERMEIL: “Geez, I don’t know. Every once in a while I think they’re better, some times I think we’re not as good. Obviously, we haven’t scored many points in a pre-season game. Last year we were ahead in doing those kinds of things. But every year is a little bit different, has its own unique problems. I’d like to think we’re better. I thought that coming out of training camp, but I don’t know if we’ve proven anything to justify that feeling yet.”

And yet another reason why Dickey should run for office. :shake:

BIG_DADDY
08-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Hopefully, this means we'll see Kendrell Bell on Saturday.

If he can stay healthy it will make a big difference.

the Talking Can
08-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Q: How about Kendrell Bell? He practiced a little more today?

VERMEIL: “He was in the contact drills. He jumped into the goal line and short yardage work. Like I said, he needs just a few snaps a day to get the rust out.”

Q: Griffin’s injury?

VERMEIL: “He took off to run and he felt a strain. Didn’t feel a pop, just a strain, so hopefully that’s all it is.”

1. Hallelujah....Bell in a contact drill...

2. Shit....Griffin....wtf? with these injuries...guys like him and Sampson and Crap-ho and Fox and Hall etc. need some reps...

jiveturkey
08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
2. Shit....Griffin....wtf? with these injuries...guys like him and Sampson and Crap-ho and Fox and Hall etc. need some reps...I thought that Crap-ho was back at practice???

KCChiefsFan88
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Q&A with Dick Vermeil
Aug 24, 2005, 3:45:05 PM

Q: Is Trent hurt at all?

VERMEIL: “No, he had some numbness in his little toe.”

Oh crap, knowing the Chiefs luck with injuries I hope this doesn't mushroom into something more serious.

:banghead:

htismaqe
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Not possible. Bell can't have contact. He's a flag football player.

jiveturkey
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
How would you even know if you had numbness in your little toe?

Hammock Parties
08-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Heh. I like how when Trent throws interceptions in practice, the press AUTOMATICALLY assumes he's screwed up. Gee, the defense COULDN'T be getting better, could it? ROFL

TEX
08-24-2005, 04:00 PM

And up to now that's all he's been since this was his first full contact practice. I'm hoping Bell will hide the flags, but I bet he's wearing them for long stretches this season. We'll see...

Chiefnj
08-24-2005, 04:01 PM

He's not a flag football player. Haven't you heard, he was being held back because of a combination of being too rough (he would hurt all of our offensive players) and Gunther has a super, duper, secret plan to utilize him in manner that no OC has ever imagined possible. I heard it was called the triple-dog-dare-blitz package. It will rock the football world and all 32 teams will be utilizing it in 2006 - but nobody will be able to execute it like KC because we have Kendrell Bell; the LB who plays too rough.

tyton75
08-24-2005, 04:08 PM
He's not a flag football player. Haven't you heard, he was being held back because of a combination of being too rough (he would hurt all of our offensive players) and Gunther has a super, duper, secret plan to utilize him in manner that no OC has ever imagined possible. I heard it was called the triple-dog-dare-blitz package. It will rock the football world and all 32 teams will be utilizing it in 2006 - but nobody will be able to execute it like KC because we have Kendrell Bell; the LB who plays too rough.

wouldn't it be awesome if that were true! :)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 04:37 PM

ROFL

Freakin' tease...

Iowanian
08-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Welcome to KC.....

Billy Cundiff, K DAL

News: According to the NFL Network, Billy Cundiff has been released.

Analysis: Jose Cortez will now be the Cowboys' No. 1 kicker.

(prediction only...don't jerk off yet, tyneshaters)

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
It's official...

Cundiff is a Chief.

Reported by Iowanian. Great scoop, IW. ;)

Mr. Laz
08-24-2005, 04:55 PM
cundiff wont be a chief until week 3/4

he won't be healthy until then

Rain Man
08-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Jose Cortez is in the league again? Let me be the first to offer a heartfelt wow.

philfree
08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
So Bell gets a small dose of contact and Griffin has to have an MRI :shake:

PhilFree:arrow: