PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of FFL?

Mojo Rising
08-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Last year was my 3rd and final year with FFL. Before I played I was skeptical of the notion. How could you really root for your opponent to score (because he was on your FFL team.) It's not like I wasn't succesful...finished 2nd - 3rd - 2nd respectively in competitive 10 team leagues. This year I decided I was going to follow the Chiefs...not Antonio Gates and LT.

This article came out after I made up my mind and I am not as gung-ho on all of this guys points except for.

1. I will never root my a Bronco, Charger again (never had a Raider.)
2. I will never value individ stats over W - L 's again.

There. I don't feel so guilty anymore.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/08/24/inside.nfl/index.html

Phobia
08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I wasn't planning to play this year, but I got my arm twisted.

jspchief
08-25-2005, 10:34 PM
It gives me a reason to care about games that I otherwise don't care about, and makes me more knowledgeable about players that I normally wouldn't pay attention to.

And I wouldn't ever root for a Chiefs opponent that was on my FFL team. It's all about priority.

Mojo Rising
08-25-2005, 10:54 PM
I wasn't planning to play this year, but I got my arm twisted.

Happened to me last year too. This year I put my foot down and said no.

I never rooted for another team to beat the Chiefs. However, there was a part of me that was happy when Gates or LT scored vs. N.O. or T.B. etc.

Mile High Mania
08-25-2005, 10:56 PM
If for some reason my fantasy win rides on something causing Denver to lose a game... I hope for the fantasy loss. I love playing fantasy football, but even as crazy as I am about it, I do my best to keep it all in perspective.

It does get me to watch games or learn about players that I would otherwise not care about. So, in that regard... I think it makes me a better fan of the NFL.

Mr. Kotter
08-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Eh....I have a rule:

Don't draft Donks or Faders....period. :)