PDA

View Full Version : Get off DV's back about Bell

Red Dawg
08-26-2005, 10:49 AM
I want to see him play just as much as everyone else and I'm sure there is more to the story than DV will say but the season has not started yet. When Bell is out the first game I will be concerned. If he's got a shoulder problem then let him deal with the pain in game that matters.

Leave him out until it's time to hit Martin.

Mr. Laz
08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Get off DV's back about Bell .

blow me :moon:

Kyle401
08-26-2005, 11:04 AM
I want to see him play just as much as everyone else and I'm sure there is more to the story than DV will say but the season has not started yet. When Bell is out the first game I will be concerned. If he's got a shoulder problem then let him deal with the pain in game that matters.

Leave him out until it's time to hit Martin.

This definitive and authoritative commentary on Bell's possible injury issues and DV's explanations thereof have alleviated any possible worries that I may be experiencing, or might possibly experience, regarding the health and status of said player. I can't thank you enough for your searing insight.

jspchief
08-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Vermeil is blowing smoke up the asses of Chiefs fans.

I'll make a deal with you. I'll get off his back when you get off his ball sack. STFU

Otter
08-26-2005, 11:12 AM
You were here last night when DV stopped by and we wouldn't leave him alone then...that was brutal.

For those of you who missed it, here's the thread.

Dick Vermeil Thread (http://aces.tabulas.com/flutterbykat/thumbs/stfu_noob.jpg)

Brock
08-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Given his history, how could you not be concerned?

Phobia
08-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Vermeil is covering a mistake. Clearly Bell's injury is worse than they anticipated or it's not responding well to treatment. What can you do about it? Hopefully Bell will be able to play through the pain during the games that count.

Are you mad because Vermeil is being less than forthcoming about it? Are you new? Vermeil hasn't volunteered one speck of info in 5 years. Vermeil is the guy who blames a 10 mile per hour breeze for Trent Green interceptions among 1000 other examples. He's an accomplished bullshit artist.

Scaga
08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Here's my $.02.

I think the training staff and coaching staff(s) are being a bunch of PU$$IES. They see him (slightly) holding back and not going 100% and instantly become scared.

I (in my infinate wisdom) see it as Bell is going through a normal stage in recovering from an injury. There's always a period where the person has to regain the trust that he won't be injured going balls-out. I think you're going to have that period whether its now or 2 weeks from now.

And besides, I pay my $60-$100 per ticket (you know...to be a REAL fan) so I can bitch if I want to.

Katipan
08-26-2005, 11:30 AM
I think the training staff has been more vigillant towards EVERYONE and Bell is just an alarming red light for us because we haven't seen him hit anyone.

htismaqe
08-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Bell is damaged goods. He won't play a down for the Chiefs.

BigRedChief
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM

Dammit Carl! :cuss: Anybody got Hartwell's cell #?

Cormac
08-26-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't know what DV or the FO is supposed to do.

Hartwell didn't want to come here, so they signed Bell. The fact that they got him for the 2-tiered bonus they signed him to, is evidence enough that he's damaged goods, IMO. The contract is structured so that we can cut him loose if he can't go, or doesn't impress this season. Now we have to live with the risk. I'd bet anything that nobody is more frustrated with the fact that Bell is not seeing live game action than DV. I don't doubt his desire to finally get everybody on the field at one time, but circumstances dictate otherwise. He's being very careful of veterans. Let's see how that works for him before bringing the torches and pick-axes to his door.

How he deals with the media is odd, but what coach isn't. Is there a more obtuse coach in the league than the much-lauded Bill Parcells who wouldn't even admit that Demarcus Ware had a good game the other week? DV is just doing what everybody in his position does. He's equal parts deliberately avoiding a direct answer, equal parts unclear and frustrated as to whether Bell will be able to go.

One other point, about 10 days ago Bell was interviewed and said that he is "ready to go". Well, apparently he's not. Personally, I don't have a clue whether Bell is putting it off, the trainers are, or the coaching staff. And to be honest it's probably least likely to be the coaching staff. If the trainers said he was ready to go, I really doubt DV would tell him to sit out again.

JMO.

BigRedChief
08-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah 610 was on the radio sayng they had a close contact with Bell and they were told that he was ready to go that it was the Coaches that were holding him back. Now we hear Bell himself say that he is not ready. This is a big fat red flag. But ooooohhhhh well. The die is cast.

kc1977
08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Vickie D has lied to us in the past. You just can't believe a word out of his mouth.

Hammock Parties
08-26-2005, 12:07 PM

...are you being sarcastic? ROFL

ct
08-26-2005, 12:07 PM

Ah crap, I KNEW it! We're DOOOOOMMMEEEEDDD!

Halfcan
08-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Bell=Dan Williams

Phobia
08-26-2005, 12:25 PM
Bell=Dan Williams

WHAT?

Where the hell did that comparison come from?

htismaqe
08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
WHAT?

Where the hell did that comparison come from?

It came directly from Halfcan. What did you expect?

siberian khatru
08-26-2005, 12:34 PM

I hope this is merely your Titus impression. :p

carlos3652
08-26-2005, 12:34 PM

Cut him now... its not even worth seeing if he gets better... what a waste... I just heard that Hartwell said that he might be considering a trade to the Chiefs, he will let everyone know in 48 hrs...

Hammock Parties
08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
HE COULDN'T PASS A PHYSICAL FOR THE GIANTS OMIGAAAAAARSH!

Otter
08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
I'll believe he's damaged goods after he misses the Jets Game. Between Bell, Johnson and Killian I haven't been rooting for new Chiefs like this since Joe Cool strolled into town.

htismaqe
08-26-2005, 02:01 PM
I hope this is merely your Titus impression. :p

Who is Titus?