PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the third WR?

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 08:07 AM
I'd say Kennison and Samie Parker have the #1 and #2 spots nailed down...who should be the #3?

penguinz
08-27-2005, 08:29 AM
JJ Birden!

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 08:31 AM
JJ Birden!

He's not on the roster, dumbass.

penguinz
08-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Where did you state he has to be on the roster?

NaptownChief
08-27-2005, 08:33 AM
He's not on the roster, dumbass.

He was making a joke as he has been out of the league for about 10 years....He was being a wiseass but he just made you look like the dumbass :D

Bowser
08-27-2005, 08:34 AM
I went with Boerigter. His size and speed make him a nice candidate for the #3 spot. That being said, it'll probably be Chris Horn, one of Vermeil's boys. I think Thorpe is our 4th or 5th guy.

andoman
08-27-2005, 08:45 AM
When we run 3 WR sets Kennison and Boe should be 1 & 2 with Parker in the slot.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 08:47 AM
He was making a joke as he has been out of the league for about 10 years....He was being a wiseass but he just made you look like the dumbass :D

What the hell are you talking about? J.J. Birden is long since retired. He is not going to be on the roster this year. END OF STORY.

:rolleyes:

penguinz
08-27-2005, 08:49 AM
gochiefs... did you know that luke skywalker is a pole smoker?

Biohazard
08-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Rep! Laughed so hard I went into a coughing frenzy(been sick). By the way gochiefs I actually watched DUNE last night and I have to say, watching and trying to follow that 4hr MoFo was as frustrating as learning Chinese Trigonometry! :banghead:

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Rep! Laughed so hard I went into a coughing frenzy(been sick). By the way gochiefs I actually watched DUNE last night and I have to say, watching and trying to follow that 4hr MoFo was as frustrating as learning Chinese Trigonometry! :banghead:

I hope you watched the Sci-Fi channel version. The 1984 version sucks ass.

whoman69
08-27-2005, 09:24 AM
When we run 3 WR sets Kennison and Boe should be 1 & 2 with Parker in the slot.
Boe would be the fastest guy we would normally put in the slot. Yours is an interesting idea, but I don't see Parker having that much trouble getting off the line that we would need to use it. Boe would be better coming off the slot because he is larger and wouldn't get lost amongst all the players over the middle of the field.
I don't see how FredEx even makes the team at this point. IMO as soon as he is healthy enough to be back on the field, cut him to avoid paying an injury settlement that will tie up our cap for years.

patteeu
08-27-2005, 09:28 AM
I voted for Mitchell if he can get healthy enough to make the team. I'd love to see Boe prove himself to be reliable on 3rd down this season, but he hasn't done it yet during his career as far as I'm concerned.

4th and Long
08-27-2005, 09:37 AM
I voted for Mitchell if he can get healthy enough to make the team. I'd love to see Boe prove himself to be reliable on 3rd down this season, but he hasn't done it yet during his career as far as I'm concerned.
Mitchell defied the coaching staff and management by not having his knee scoped. He's toast. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

I'll go with Bo on this one too, although I half expected a "Where's the love for Thorpe?" reply by now.

Speaking of which, go bo better hope Bo makes the team ahead of Thorpe or, as it was pointed out to me by another Planeteer, he'll have to change his user name to go crap. :D

Deberg_1990
08-27-2005, 09:40 AM
I have no idea?? Probably Bo since he has that breakaway ability. If its Dante Hall again, ill upchuck my lunch.

4th and Long
08-27-2005, 09:43 AM
I have no idea?? Probably Bo since he has that breakaway ability. If its Dante Hall again, ill upchuck my lunch.
If memory serves, Grandpa Dick and Unlce Al both said Dante would only be at the receiver position during certain special packages on certain downs.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Who should be the third WR??

the best one :shrug:

patteeu
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
[FONT=trebuchet ms]Mitchell defied the coaching staff and management by not having his knee scoped. He's toast. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

He may be done, but it's not because he "defied" the coaching staff. If he get's back on the field in a state that allows him to perform and in which the coaching staff can have confidence in his health, his decision to not have his knee scoped isn't an issue. It's my understanding that players get second opinions all the time and I don't think there is much reason to believe that the coaching staff/management would hold anything against him other than a lack of results.

Braincase
08-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Bo for deep routes, Horn for possession receptions, hit & sit.

B_Ambuehl
08-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Does Bo have true breakaway ability or did it only appear that way because he was matched up against slow SS's and LB's back in 2003? if he drops balls I don't want him in there. I'll take a Chris Horn as my posession receiver. If he didn't fumble after that hit he took last weekend then he's not gonna fumble at all and we already know he can catch the ball.

ClevelandChief
08-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Willie Davis

HolmeZz
08-27-2005, 11:52 AM

Luke Polesmoker has a ring to it.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Luke Polesmoker has a ring to it.

Puke Jaywalker is the funniest name ever.

TRR
08-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Does Bo have true breakaway ability or did it only appear that way because he was matched up against slow SS's and LB's back in 2003? if he drops balls I don't want him in there. I'll take a Chris Horn as my posession receiver. If he didn't fumble after that hit he took last weekend then he's not gonna fumble at all and we already know he can catch the ball.

Boe at least has some big play ability, as does Dante Hall. Horn, although dependable, is just nothing more than a below average WR. If he was anything more than that, he wouldn't have bounced from active roster to practice squad the last 9 years.

HolmeZz
08-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Puke Jaywalker is the funniest name ever.

TO A NERD!

Chief Faithful
08-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Beause of Boe's size I think he is a much bigger threat as a receiver and blocker in the Red Zone. I say Boe is the man at #3.

whtgldwldr
08-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Mitchell defied the coaching staff and management by not having his knee scoped. He's toast. Stick a fork in him. He's done.

I'll go with Bo on this one too, although I half expected a "Where's the love for Thorpe?" reply by now.

Speaking of which, go bo better hope Bo makes the team ahead of Thorpe or, as it was pointed out to me by another Planeteer, he'll have to change his user name to go crap. :D

Firstly, I thought that decision by Mitchell was what was best for him, and the team at the time. And if/when he makes the team I honestly believe he could challenge for a starters spot. (I know, you all will hate me now...)

Next, I have to go with (in my opinion, DV and Al may severely disagree with me) Dante in the slot. His explosiveness is something that the team NEEDS from time to time. I also know he wont be a full-time #3, so I'd put ol' Horn in there too. That guy is tough as nails, has decent-good hands, and has earned the spot over BO. Mostly because, until he proves otherwise, Bo was a one-hit wonder. The football equivalent to Sir Mix-Alot. Except, instead of "Baby Got Back", it was "Bo got points." Neither have been heard from since...

RealSNR
08-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Chris Horn has the best hands of those guys, so I went with him

Bowser
08-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Really, our third receiver is going to be our fifth option in progression. So let 'em all take a round, I say!

WooWoo

Jmart
08-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I would say J.J. Birden or Lake Dawson

PastorMikH
08-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Just think, if Carl would get off his rear, we could have Andre Rison in here before Sept.

:)

4th and Long
08-27-2005, 02:11 PM
He may be done, but it's not because he "defied" the coaching staff. If he get's back on the field in a state that allows him to perform and in which the coaching staff can have confidence in his health, his decision to not have his knee scoped isn't an issue. It's my understanding that players get second opinions all the time and I don't think there is much reason to believe that the coaching staff/management would hold anything against him other than a lack of results.
Not to be argumentative but :D Grandpa Dick has already publicly stated that Fred-Ex would be back on the field and playing if he had listened to the front office and had the knee worked on. Not having the knee worked on means no field time for him. No field time for him means he's going to be cut.

“The thing about the National Football League is it doesn’t stop to wait for somebody. It just keeps on going. Freddie and I met yesterday and the sooner he gets back the better opportunity he has to compete. But you can’t be competitive when you’re not on the field.” - Dick Vermeil

4th and Long
08-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Just think, if Carl would get off his rear, we could have Andre Rison in here before Sept.

:)
:eek: :shake:

PastorMikH
08-27-2005, 02:19 PM
:eek: :shake:

What? Your're not impressed with him???

From Pro-Bowler to a Canadian League Cut, man his career path stinks.

4th and Long
08-27-2005, 02:22 PM
What? Your're not impressed with him???

From Pro-Bowler to a Canadian League Cut, man his career path stinks.
Not impressed with him as a colossal understatement. Shame on you for even mentioning his name.

milkman
08-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Firstly, I thought that decision by Mitchell was what was best for him, and the team at the time. And if/when he makes the team I honestly believe he could challenge for a starters spot. (I know, you all will hate me now...)

I don't hate you, I just question your sanity! :)

Next, I have to go with (in my opinion, DV and Al may severely disagree with me) Dante in the slot. His explosiveness is something that the team NEEDS from time to time.

Dante Hall against most teams 3rd corner simply can not get open, which is the reason he rarely catches anything other than those quick hitters, or WR screens.

I also know he wont be a full-time #3, so I'd put ol' Horn in there too. That guy is tough as nails, has decent-good hands, and has earned the spot over BO.

I think it depends a lot on down and distance, assuming that Horn even makes the team.
He appears to have the most reliable hands among our receiver corps (though Samie showed me something last season), which would make him a good receiver in 3rd and short.

Mostly because, until he proves otherwise, Bo was a one-hit wonder. The football equivalent to Sir Mix-Alot. Except, instead of "Baby Got Back", it was "Bo got points." Neither have been heard from since...

I think this is Bo's make or break season.
We'll see how it works out.

Logical
08-27-2005, 04:36 PM
I voted for Crap, because Crap pizzes of TRR. He hates it when you call him Crap.

Did I mention TRR does not like it when you call him Crap.

patteeu
08-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Not to be argumentative but :D Grandpa Dick has already publicly stated that Fred-Ex would be back on the field and playing if he had listened to the front office and had the knee worked on. Not having the knee worked on means no field time for him. No field time for him means he's going to be cut.

“The thing about the National Football League is it doesn’t stop to wait for somebody. It just keeps on going. Freddie and I met yesterday and the sooner he gets back the better opportunity he has to compete. But you can’t be competitive when you’re not on the field.” - Dick Vermeil

But in the end, if Mitchell is cut, it will be because he didn't get back on the field and prove his worth, not because he defied the coaching staff and management. If he had defied them but successfully returned to dazzle them with his ability on the field, he'd make the team. That's my only point. Not that he won't be cut, but that it won't be specifically because of defiance.

I don't think there's really much difference between what we are saying, it's just that we are saying it in two different ways. Things don't look good for Freddie, which disappoints me because I think a healthy FredEx would have been useful to the team.

keg in kc
08-28-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think anyone has stood out, but I also don't know that anyone has really had an opportunity to stand out, with the way the #2 o-line has blocked, and the way the backup QBs have thrown.

Although, to be honest, I'm not sure Kris Wilson isn't the best option. He seems as sure-handed as anyone else, his flexibility (ability to line up all over) is advantageous and his size is a plus.

If I'm limited to "pure" WRs, then I'm not sure. I'm not convinced Richard Smith can do it with the lights on. I don't think Dante Hall will ever thrive as a WR, and I think he should focus on returns even if he could. Boerigter and Thorpe haven't shown me anything and Mitchell hasn't done anything in practice or on the field.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-28-2005, 01:16 AM
One thing about our offense, is it's still going to be unstoppable.

We can do anything we want. Last game, DV and AS wanted to see how Samie would do, he caused havoc. This game, they wanted to get Kennison involved, he shined...etc, etc. They can do whatever they want, and it's great. They pick it, and they do it. It's awesome. Some people would say after the preseason games, "why didn't this guy get anything, is he struggling or something?" That's not the case at all. They go into these preseason games, not with a gameplan, but just wanting to see how certain players are doing and where they are at...and it happens. Great stuff.

StcChief
08-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Bo for size, speed.