PDA

View Full Version : Grade my Fantasy FB team

alnorth
08-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Just finished with the draft, and picking up more players through the waivers. Any weaknesses or concerns I should be aware of?

Starters:

QB - Trent Green
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Chris Chambers
RB - Shaun Alexander
RB - Michael Pittman (picked up from waivers)
TE - Todd Heap
WR/TE - Eddie Kennison
K - Lawrence Tynes
DEF - Indianapolis

Bench:

QB - Drew Bledsoe (picked up from waivers)
WR - Jabar Gaffney
WR - Marty Booker (picked up from waivers)
RB - DeShaun Foster (he appears to be a backup, will trade/waive him if a starter is available)
TE - Mark Campbell
K - Josh Scobee
DEF - San Diego

TRR
08-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Solid. I got Tynes as well...and now I'm starting to kick myself because of it. The only question mark seems to be at RB where Pittman may or may not have a big season, and Foster may or may not start.

TRR
08-27-2005, 10:44 AM
My team...

Starters:
QB - Roethlisberger
WR - Javon Walker
WR - Joe Horn
WR - Nate Burleson
RB - Jamal Lewis
RB - Ahman Green
TE - Shockey
K - Tynes
D - Buffalo

Bench:

Lamont Jordan, Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason, Thomas Jones, Cadillac Williams, Samie Parker.

Mr. Laz
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
hold on to Deshaun Foster

foxman
08-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Deshawn is not a back up. Stephen Davis is 30+ and coming back from Micro Fracture surgery. Word is or maybe the hope is that he can contribute, but I would look for no more than a hand full of carries a game from him. Behind Deshawn is some quality depth, but no one really threatening his job.

NaptownChief
08-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Foster is the starter and certainly much more valuable at this point than Pittman.

Hoover
08-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I just finnished up with a 10 yeam yahoo draft.
You have to start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1K, 1D

My team
QB: Dehomme, C. Palmer
RB: C. Dillon, L. Jordan, Steven Jackson, M. Faulk, Larry Johnson
WR: R. Moss, Boldin, Stokley, Key Johnson
TE: Alge Crumpler
k: Longwell
D: Bills

As for your team. Keep Foster, I think he will be really good this year. You need some depth at RB

Mile High Mania
08-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Starters:

QB - Trent Green
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Chris Chambers
RB - Shaun Alexander
RB - Michael Pittman (picked up from waivers)
TE - Todd Heap
WR/TE - Eddie Kennison
K - Lawrence Tynes
DEF - Indianapolis

Bench:

QB - Drew Bledsoe (picked up from waivers)
WR - Jabar Gaffney
WR - Marty Booker (picked up from waivers)
RB - DeShaun Foster (he appears to be a backup, will trade/waive him if a starter is available)
TE - Mark Campbell
K - Josh Scobee
DEF - San Diego

QBs - Green is solid in fantasy and while the loss of Morton is a bit of a concern, I'm sure that Parker can replace him and he still has Gonzo Holmes/LJ as his main targets. Not sure what you should expect from Bledsoe, but if the Oline can keep him off his ass... he could be serviceable.

RBs - Alexander is top notch and Foster should be starting over Pittman in your lineup. Cadillac is the start in TB and Pittman is going to more of a 3rd down/ pass threat. If Foster stays healthy, he's going to do great things... but, I don't like your lack of depth here.

WRs/ TEs - Holt and Chambers are solid. I like Chambers as more of a #3 this year than a #2 though. Kennison finally did something last season, but I don't know if a repeat is to be expected. Booker... another Dolphin, eh? If there were a team I was going to select multiple WRs from... not sure it's Miami. Gafney is ok, but he's never done anything... he needs to step up this year if Carr is going to go to that next level. Heap / Campbell are solid. I think Heap could have a huge year if Boller learns how to work with real NFL receivers.

Ks - Tynes and Scobee... I don't like this at all. Tynes is not getting any good reviews and I can't believe there's not a better option than Scobee.

Defs - Both squads should be fine.

All in all... your QB depth is actually the least of your concerns. RB and WR depth need to be focused on right now. There's no need to have 2 Dolphins' receivers. Move Pittman to your bench... or off your team via trade.

Is there a scenario where you could trade Pittman and a Booker to the team with Cadillac for something good in return like a better 3rd option at RB or 2nd option at WR?

Cambell is a nice depth TE, so maybe work him in a trade.

I think you need to work some combination of Bledsoe (possibly), Pittman, Booker and Cambell in a trade to bolster your RB position first and foremost. You can manage pretty well with Holt, Chambers and Kennison at this point. I'd really focus on improving your RB depth.

Mile High Mania
08-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Starters:
QB - Roethlisberger
WR - Javon Walker
WR - Joe Horn
WR - Nate Burleson
RB - Jamal Lewis
RB - Ahman Green
TE - Shockey
K - Tynes
D - Buffalo

Bench:
Lamont Jordan, Plaxico Burress, Derrick Mason, Thomas Jones, Cadillac Williams, Samie Parker.

Aside from Roethlisberge, Shockey and Tynes, I love the starting lineup. I think Big Ben will be good, just not sure if that means "fantasy good". Shockey... more hype than anything to me at this point. Tynes - you know about him.

I hope I get that strating trio at WR... with Plaxico, Mason and Parker on the bench, that's a damn tight squad.

Your RBs are sweet too... you have nice starters, and with Jordan, Jones and Williams on your bench... you are very very sound. You should be able to work a trade to get a top QB.

It doesn't look like you have a backup QB... so, I'd try to hold on to Big Ben, but package some players for a better QB. Take a Thomas Jones and a Mason (or Plaxico) and work a deal for somebody like Delhomme.

Delhomme is going to do great things this year, just like 2004 and you should be able to acquire a guy like that for players that are 4th on your depth chart. You won't be killing your team at all and you'll be holding on to Big Ben.

Just my $.02

Mile High Mania
08-27-2005, 11:27 AM
I just finnished up with a 10 yeam yahoo draft.
You have to start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1K, 1D

My team
QB: Dehomme, C. Palmer
RB: C. Dillon, L. Jordan, Steven Jackson, M. Faulk, Larry Johnson
WR: R. Moss, Boldin, Stokley, Key Johnson
TE: Alge Crumpler
k: Longwell
D: Bills

QBs - I love that duo, seriously... Delhomme showed what kind of QB he could be last year and while Muhsin is gone, they shouldn't miss a beat especially if Foster rolls. Palmer - he's definitely on the rise, great backup for your team.

RBs - Many question if Jordan can hold up, but I think you have a solid lineup at 1,2 and 3. Faulk is good insurance and LJ is gold. You have instant trade bait with the guy that has Holmes and should he get injured... you are both crying (as a fan) and rejoicing (as a fantasy owner).

WRs - I like your first 2. Stokely is hurt and one of these guys that has a huge game every 3 games... picking that game is a bitch. Same for Meshawn.

TE - Can't do much better considering his role in that offense. Nice pick.

K / Def - very nice

Overall, the only think I don't like is your last 2 WRs, but you have a solid team all around.

Thig Lyfe
08-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought this would be a fantasy fullback team.

Disappointing.

T-Rich would mos. def. be my #1 pick.

Mile High Mania
08-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Some of you likely know of this guy already, but the kid with the Steelers (Parker) is a second year RB and had a 51 yard carry last night when Bettis went down. They issues with health/age concerning Staley and Bettis and Parker is a guy you should all target now for one of your depth positions. You know how much Cowher loves to run.... Parker is the next in line.

alnorth
08-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Is there a scenario where you could trade Pittman and a Booker to the team with Cadillac for something good in return like a better 3rd option at RB or 2nd option at WR?

It appears that the team who has him went nuts on RB's. Cadillac is on the bench. I've heeded everyone's advice and benched Pittman for DeShaun, I tried to address WR and RB depth in waivers, I'll keep looking.

TRR
08-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Aside from Roethlisberge, Shockey and Tynes, I love the starting lineup. I think Big Ben will be good, just not sure if that means "fantasy good". Shockey... more hype than anything to me at this point. Tynes - you know about him.

I hope I get that strating trio at WR... with Plaxico, Mason and Parker on the bench, that's a damn tight squad.

Your RBs are sweet too... you have nice starters, and with Jordan, Jones and Williams on your bench... you are very very sound. You should be able to work a trade to get a top QB.

It doesn't look like you have a backup QB... so, I'd try to hold on to Big Ben, but package some players for a better QB. Take a Thomas Jones and a Mason (or Plaxico) and work a deal for somebody like Delhomme.

Delhomme is going to do great things this year, just like 2004 and you should be able to acquire a guy like that for players that are 4th on your depth chart. You won't be killing your team at all and you'll be holding on to Big Ben.

Just my $.02

I agree with your take. I'm not to impressed with Roethlisberger either, especially since he lost Burress. However, Delhomme and other QB's don't excite me anymore than Big Ben does. I never draft two QB's because the FA is always stuffed with decent one's. Right now there is Griese, Ramsey, Bledsoe, Carr, Boller, E.Manning, Losman, and Warner just sitting there. I would have rather had a Lamont Jordan or a Plaxico Burress late, rather than a Joey Harrington or Steve McNair.

Also, the Tynes pick was really my worst one. I picked him with my last pick, just to get a KC guy on my roster. I should have picked him up in FA. However, there are a ton of decent kickers sitting in FA as well.

Darkwolfe
08-27-2005, 12:14 PM
www.nfl.com FFL league.. FREEEEEEEE

Chiefs Planet Inferno- For CP members

Password to join- Priest

This league is set up for the casual player, log in, make your team, and rank your draft.

We have 5 players so far, we need 7 more and the draft is tomorrow!

So if you've never played, this is a good place to start.

TRR
08-27-2005, 12:22 PM
www.nfl.com FFL league.. FREEEEEEEE

Chiefs Planet Inferno- For CP members

Password to join- Priest

This league is set up for the casual player, log in, make your team, and rank your draft.

We have 5 players so far, we need 7 more and the draft is tomorrow!

So if you've never played, this is a good place to start.

Give me a direct link to where I can get to your league. I can only find a pay link. Are you drafting Live?

Darkwolfe
08-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Autodraft for casual players..

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy

It's only pay if you buy extra features.

TRR
08-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Autodraft for casual players..

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy

It's only pay if you buy extra features.

I'm only a live draft kind of guy anymore. I'm not big on taking the time to rank every player, etc.