PDA

View Full Version : DV Postgame comments - 8/27 SEA game

tk13
08-27-2005, 10:05 PM
As always tk13 is not responsible for any mistakes, value of coupon is 1/20 cent.

------------------------------------------------------------

Saw plenty of good things tonight. Would've liked to have won the football game.

Early in week Trent had numbness develop in foot. Little toe and toe next to it being numb. Usually just had to massage it for a while and it cleared up. Didn't bother him yesterday, bothered him in warmups today. Acted up during the game, no reason to play him, took him out. Would've played if it was a regular season game. Gotta get it treated, shouldn't be anything serious. Got foot stepped on when he threw the INT. Thought he was "Trent Green of old" out there when he was in the game.

Great blocking on that LJ run, blocked it clean. No one put a hand on him. Beautiful run.

Courageous job by Quinn, from not having been in camp to having play that much, he did a pretty good job considering.

They did beat Surtain a few times. All corners get beat from time to time, it happens. He still makes some positive things happen out there.

Kendrell Bell's status as "limbo". Hopefully should have him in the game next week. Thought he was gonna play this week. Didn't feel confident in going out there.

Carlos Hall didn't play enough to evaluate. Had some soreness and sat the bench too much. Only thing he's done so far is be in the training room. "Needs to get his ass" out on the field. Said he was disappointed, seemed pretty pissed off about it.

Pleased with the intensity of the defense... run defense was good, Seattle's a good running team and we made them give up on running the ball.

Kawika played well he thought... keeps growing. Talked about a snowball effect that he's learning, and learning, picking up momentum and what he should be doing out there. Likes to see him get excited when he does something well.

Asked if he liked Jared Allen on the left side better than the right side... said "I like him anywhere". Defensive line starters played well. Gotta get more production out of the backups.

WR position is gonna be one of the toughest to cut. So many kids that are just about even. Might cut somebody who could be a better player down the road, but right now it's so difficult to determine who should get the job. Competition for the CB's and LB's obviously... gotta have 15 cut by Tuesday.

Colquitt is "getting better". Got some reps in there, did a good job. Have not seen the best of him yet... looked even better in warmups than he did in the game.

Tynes kicked well, doesn't think he'll bring another kicker in. Kicked good all week in practice and had a good game. Admitted it's a risk, but his problems are correctable. Doesn't want to get a "swinging gate" of kickers rotating in and out all year. Gotta have some confidence in him.

Very pleased with kickoff and punt coverage. Met all of their goals there tonight.

Would've liked to have seen a win. Wants to see the kids have success. Tough on Al calling the offense there at the end, didn't really have a 2 minute offense set up to use with that personnel.

the Talking Can
08-27-2005, 10:08 PM
it's funny how DV rips guys for not playing injured....then uses the kid gloves with bell...but you know, inside, he's pissed...he hates guys not playing

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm glad Kawika has made it through a preseason healthy. It's going to make a big difference.

alanm
08-27-2005, 10:11 PM
He made the comments also that Bell had to play next week. Mitchell has a week to make the team also. But that was Holthaus who said that.
Anyone know what was up with Surtain and his helmet tonight? :hmmm:

alanm
08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
it's funny how DV rips guys for not playing injured....then uses the kid gloves with bell...but you know, inside, he's pissed...he hates guys not playing
Yeah he sounded pissed at all the guys who should be out on the field and not nursing their boo-boos. Sounded like he was really pissed at Hall.

beer bacon
08-27-2005, 10:14 PM
He made the comments also that Bell had to play next week. Mitchell has a week to make the team also. But that was Holthaus who said that.
Anyone know what was up with Surtain and his helmet tonight? :hmmm:

I don't know, but halfway through the game I decided to blame him getting beaten on an ill-fitting helmet. That is his one weakness.

KChiefs1
08-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Carlos Hall didn't play enough to evaluate. Had some soreness and sat the bench too much. Only thing he's done so far is be in the training room. "Needs to get his ass" out on the field. Said he was disappointed, seemed pretty pissed off about it.

On one particular play he took Walter Jones into the backfield where he knocked him into Alexander.....looked like a great play to me.

tk13
08-27-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm glad Kawika has made it through a preseason healthy. It's going to make a big difference.
That's actually a good point. I always forget he hasn't done that yet.

petegz28
08-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Maybe Hall just isn't feeling "Confident" same as Bell.