PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Report, vs. Indy

Color Red
08-27-2005, 11:01 PM
Broncos looked mostly good tonight against Indy. Mike Shanahan's off season acquisitions look to be paying off. Highlights:

1. That defensive line they got from the Browns looked much improved. Trevor Pryce lookded good. The guy they go from the 49er's for Middlebrooks looked good. Much improved defensive line.

2. They went to Ashley Lelee early and often and effectively, and for the first time in my mind he showed to be their #1 receiver believe it or not. Rod Smith made a play or two, Darius Watts dropped another pass, Jerry Rice didn't show much, but I'd be concerned if Lelee emerges. He did tonight.

3. Watch for a Darrent Williams, rookie CB. He played a good deal and I think must be starting. He ran step for step with Marvin Harrison and knocked away a bomb pass from Peyton. He got beat on another pass play that led to a TD, but I think they like him, and overall he showed spark.

4. Ian Gold is back and their linebackers are fast again. I think we'll see that their defense is noticeably improved.

5. They used one of the linemen they got from the Browns as a blocking back for a short touchdown plunge! No kidding. It was Courtney Brown or one of those guys.

6. Mike Anderson ran well. He broke off one of those like the one Larry Johnson broke off tonight (90 some yards) for a touchdown. He took the angle toward the sidelines and I didn't know he could out run DB's like that. He looked like the 1500 yard Mike Anderson from a couple of years ago.

Before tonight I doubted if Denver would be in the thick of things in the AFC West this year. Now I think they will. I think the Clarett deal will be a bust, but they may be calling Shanahan "a genius" by year's end anyway.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2005, 11:02 PM
7. Their QB is Jake Plummer.

Color Red
08-27-2005, 11:21 PM
I know what you're thinking, but for the record Plummer didn't have a bad night. I think all those other positive elements in the Bronco game took some pressure off of him. By the way, Bradlee Van Pelt (2nd year player from CSU) has moved into the #2 QB position for Denver and he plays with a lot of heart. Seems decent.

stevieray
08-27-2005, 11:22 PM
who gives a shit? whatever weakness they have wiil be made up by cheating and the refs.

alanm
08-27-2005, 11:32 PM
It's over.. Back the truck up and load it. The season is over. Denver is SB bound. Chiefs suck.... again. :rolleyes: