PDA

View Full Version : "struggling Chiefs winless in preseason"

BigRock
08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
That's from the headline at FoxSports: "Seahwaks keep struggling Chiefs winless in preseason". Yes, they did spell it "Seahwaks".

You know, I thought both our starting offense and defense have looked pretty good the past two weeks. Our starting D shut out Arizona in the first half. Our starting O came out tonight and moved like a hot knife through butter, while the D looked decent too, especially in stopping Alexander (insert SURTAIN GOT BURNED comments here). Even Seahawks fans on other boards are admitting that we pretty well handed it to them in the first half.

But apparently, we're "struggling". And the headline makes a point to mention that we're winless.

Meanwhile, the Colts are now 0-4 for the preseason. But the headline for their game says "Colts offense improves, but not enough to top Broncos". Nothing about them being winless. Nothing about any struggles. In fact, it talks about them showing improvement. Like we haven't?

I know it's dumb, but that headline pisses me off. Naturally, I blame this poor media coverage on Carl, Bell, and Trent's sissy noodle arm.

Darkwolfe
08-27-2005, 11:19 PM
I have no problem with that at all. It's called deception... Personally, I'm perfectly fine with our Chiefs being underestimated at the beginning of the season.

So let the so called "experts" deceive themselves and the readers. If you have seen the first string play, (both O and D) you know there's going to be some nasty surprises for the opposition when the season starts.

Boozer
08-27-2005, 11:20 PM
This is clearly the Lake Michigan-coast media bias at work.

alanm
08-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Seeing as to how both offense and defense as whole units haven't really hit the field as finished products. They've both looked good when they've played. They keep sending them out there piecemeal. It will be nice to finally see the finished product out there on the field against the Jets. Hell, I just as hell see them fly under the radar untill the opening weekend. Maybe the Jets will come in to Arrowhead overconfident and get their asses handed to them. :)

BigRock
08-27-2005, 11:34 PM
They've now taken out the word "struggling" so that they could add a "Roundup" link on the same line. I guess that's progress.

Joe Seahawk
08-27-2005, 11:35 PM
:shake:

StcChief
08-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Who cares? games count on 9/11.
we lose on an all backup vs all backup game so what.

Katie
08-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Has a team ever lost all four preseason games and gone to the SB?

RNR
08-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes

JazzzLovr
08-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Yes

ROFL

Wow, did you type all that yourself?

:evil:

Rick
08-28-2005, 10:11 AM
That's from the headline at FoxSports: "Seahwaks keep struggling Chiefs winless in preseason". Yes, they did spell it "Seahwaks".

You know, I thought both our starting offense and defense have looked pretty good the past two weeks. Our starting D shut out Arizona in the first half. Our starting O came out tonight and moved like a hot knife through butter, while the D looked decent too, especially in stopping Alexander (insert SURTAIN GOT BURNED comments here). Even Seahawks fans on other boards are admitting that we pretty well handed it to them in the first half.

But apparently, we're "struggling". And the headline makes a point to mention that we're winless.

Meanwhile, the Colts are now 0-4 for the preseason. But the headline for their game says "Colts offense improves, but not enough to top Broncos". Nothing about them being winless. Nothing about any struggles. In fact, it talks about them showing improvement. Like we haven't?

I know it's dumb, but that headline pisses me off. Naturally, I blame this poor media coverage on Carl, Bell, and Trent's sissy noodle arm.

That's what happens when so many sports writers don't even watch the damn game.

RedThat
08-28-2005, 10:47 AM

Yes. The Buffalo Bills did in the '90s. I'm not exactly sure which year though.

RNR
08-28-2005, 10:57 AM
ROFL

Wow, did you type all that yourself?

:evil:
In under a minute!

jAZ
08-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Yes. The Buffalo Bills did in the '90s. I'm not exactly sure which year though.
http://www.repole.com/sun4cast/samples/nflpre0w.html

Buffalo Bills

New York Giants 6-20
Detroit Lions 13-24
New Orleans Saints 23-28
Chicago Bears 7-35

13-3
Lost Super Bowl

jAZ
08-28-2005, 10:59 AM
In under a minute!
Took me 2.5 minutes.

Lzen
08-28-2005, 02:35 PM
I didn't realize that the Bills were 0-4 in that 1990 preseason. But I do remember that they used to always go like 1-3 in the preseason and still get to the SB in the early 90s.