PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watch ROME on HBO??

Bill Lundberg
08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Looks like HBO may have yet another hit series on their hands. Overall I liked the first episode. A ton of violence, plenty of T and A, and a good historical plot. :thumb:

|Zach|
08-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Seems like this has been done...

Halfcan
08-28-2005, 09:18 PM
It was okay I thought. Looks to be a dressed up tv version of what ABC did this summer. The ox blood bath was a nice twist though. I will watch a few more before making a final judgement. Deadwood I was hooked after one show though and this, well we will see.

Frazod
08-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Seems like this has been done...

It's pretty much Deadwood B.C., minus the strong lead characters.

Still, I enjoyed it. I'll keep watching.

Iowanian
08-28-2005, 09:26 PM
pfffffffffffffffffffft

I thought it smelled of Turd.

|Zach|
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
It's pretty much Deadwood B.C., minus the strong lead characters.

Still, I enjoyed it. I'll keep watching.
I am sure it is well done but...I guess it seems saturated because of the amount of high quality movies that have been similar.

Iowanian
08-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Anyone know how a broad would trim her cooter cap into a perfect "dorito" or Square in 52 BC?

It just didn't do anything for me.....I'll try again, but next week better be "better".

Frazod
08-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Anyone know how a broad would trim her cooter cap into a perfect "dorito" or Square in 52 BC?

How do you know they didn't?

My latin teacher didn't cover pussy hair when he discussed Roman history. :D

KCChiefsMan
08-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I just got home, so I intend to watch Rome at midnight when it repeats and then the new Entourage at 1!! yay!

WoodDraw
08-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I liked it. Much better than the crap Empire on ABC. It had some slow parts but the acting was good and it was typical HBO stuff.

KevB
08-28-2005, 11:19 PM
How do you know they didn't?

My latin teacher didn't cover pussy hair when he discussed Roman history. :D

Mine did. In fact, "Dorito shaped" was all the rage.

Frazod
08-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Mine did. In fact, "Dorito shaped" was all the rage.

I believe that would be "Doritus." :D

Frazod
08-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm sure she has a slave specifically assigned to the task.

Hey, it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it. :drool:

I get the feeling they're setting her up to be the villain. Definitely manipulative and morally-challenged at the very least.

Swearengen with nice rack. :D

Frazod
08-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Nobody is on the level of Swearengen. I aspire to one day deliver a drunken rant while getting blown and drinking straight from a bottle of whiskey.

Yeah, but you'll have to do the thumb-up-the-ass part, too. :spock:

hbkeay
08-29-2005, 01:25 AM
I thought it moved a little slow and was not very interesting (especially for a premiere), and I was also hoping that Julius Caesar was casted differently--he should be someone with a stronger presence and with better acting skills. And I noticed the trimmed bush too and it bothered me a bit. Not that I want to see it all hairy, but if they're going for historical accuracy, they shouldn't choose what they want to dress up. I'll give Rome one more episode to convince me it isn't crap.

KCFANinNC
08-29-2005, 07:30 AM
Slow with little character development. Deadwood was far superior ofter just 1 episode. I will give it another chance.

Entourage was even a little diappointing. I do realize they are setting up the finale though.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I read somewhere that next week's episode is the best of the initial three, fwiw. I wasn't particularly enamored with last night's. The two naked chicks were a big plus (sheesh, complaining about trimmed bush? :eek: ), and I liked the interplay between the two soldiers, but I thought that on the whole it was meandering and too slow to develop. The first twenty minutes or so were almost painfully dull. I also thought the music was awful.

chagrin
08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Can always just watch the Orgy scene in Caligula over and over...

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Entourage was even a little diappointing. I do realize they are setting up the finale though.
Don't let AliChiefs hear you say that.

Fishpicker
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm not a big fan of English actors cast as Romans. They dont look the part and the Queen's English sounds pretentious. The story is decent but the fight choreography is choppy and shot too tight.