PDA

View Full Version : If Bell doesn't play Saturday...

KCJake
08-28-2005, 11:06 PM
We should all be very worried. :shake:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-28-2005, 11:45 PM

FloridaChief
08-28-2005, 11:48 PM

You and Big Chief Homo sharing a jpeg folder now?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-28-2005, 11:57 PM
I guess :huh:

elvomito
08-29-2005, 12:31 AM
They're saving bell for the playoffs, when games REALLY matter

Logical
08-29-2005, 12:33 AM
He won't have played in 4 preseason games. Yep we lost the preseason folks it is over.

|Zach|
08-29-2005, 01:14 AM
If threads like this keep getting posted...

We should all be very worried.

Fart.

CoMoChief
08-29-2005, 01:24 AM
If threads like this keep getting posted...

We should all be very worried.

Fart.

You can lick my balls.

Oh yeah I never did wish you a happy duece duece. Wait, but either did you. Who are you? Who put you up to this? Did you steal the letters off of my nite-brite? Nobody messes with Adam We.

|Zach|
08-29-2005, 01:27 AM
You can lick my balls.

Oh yeah I never did wish you a happy duece duece. Wait, but either did you. Who are you? Who put you up to this? Did you steal the letters off of my nite-brite? Nobody messes with Adam We.
What did you end up doing?

CoMoChief
08-29-2005, 02:21 AM
What did you end up doing?

Ahh nothing really. Though I did go to a bar and got into a very heated argument with a couple of 40 year old women. :p

|Zach|
08-29-2005, 02:29 AM
Ahh nothing really. Though I did go to a bar and got into a very heated argument with a couple of 40 year old women. :p
Ha, that was....a long time ago. They were in their late 20s as well. Wearn't they?

penguinz
08-29-2005, 05:30 AM
You need to be worried then. I guarantee he won't play this Saturday.

CrazyHorse
08-29-2005, 06:24 AM

Play what....golf?

petegz28
08-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Yes since the game is Friday he won't be playing Saturday. But he won't play Friday either.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:27 AM
He won't have played in 4 preseason games. Yep we lost the preseason folks it is over.

Yet another sign of the Apocalypse.

Gaz
08-29-2005, 08:30 AM
I will be worried if he does not play against the Jets.

xoxo~
Gaz
Copasetic until then.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:35 AM
First of all, I'm with Gaz. If he doesn't play 9/11, then I'll be concerned. Not until then.

But nothing can be known from the 4th preseason game.

Even if Bell had played last Saturday, he likely wouldn't play against the Rams, just like Green, Roaf, and the rest. It's the final preseason game.

TRR
08-29-2005, 08:38 AM
First of all, I'm with Gaz. If he doesn't play 9/11, then I'll be concerned. Not until then.

But nothing can be known from the 4th preseason game.

Even if Bell had played last Saturday, he likely wouldn't play against the Rams, just like Green, Roaf, and the rest. It's the final preseason game.

DV said he expects the starters to get 20-25 snaps in the St. Louis game FWIW.

RealSNR
08-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Well, we have to respect what Bell wants. Until he's 100% phyiscally and mentally he won't play :rolleyes:

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:40 AM
DV said he expects the starters to get 20-25 snaps in the St. Louis game FWIW.

Trent Green was supposed to play the entire first half last weekend. Things happen.

That being said, my point is that Game 4 is the least meaningful game in a meaningless preseason.

RealSNR
08-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Trent Green was supposed to play the entire first half last weekend. Things happen.

That being said, my point is that Game 4 is the least meaningful game in a meaningless preseason.Except for guys fighting for their pro careers

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Except for guys fighting for their pro careers

Up to 25 of those guys (depending on NFLE exceptions) have already been cut prior to Game 4, so even in that case, it holds less importance.

petegz28
08-29-2005, 08:50 AM

That being said, my point is that Game 4 is the least meaningful game in a meaningless preseason.

I agree. Unless you haven't taken 1 snap in the pre-season.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 08:54 AM
I agree. Unless you haven't taken 1 snap in the pre-season.

ESPECIALLY if you haven't taken 1 snap in the preseason.

If he's already missed the games that include some inkling of an actual gameplan, there's NO REASON for him to play in Game 4. No reason at all.

petegz28
08-29-2005, 08:59 AM
ESPECIALLY if you haven't taken 1 snap in the preseason.

If he's already missed the games that include some inkling of an actual gameplan, there's NO REASON for him to play in Game 4. No reason at all.

No contact in practice. No contact in pre-season. I guess the whole "football shape" thing is over-rated.

Actualyl Vermeil said they would keep him out there witht he 2nd teamers to get some snaps in. So obviously the coaches feel there is value to getting in some snaps. But WTF do they know?

carlos3652
08-29-2005, 09:04 AM
I hope all the haters are here when Bell tears Chad a new one on 9/11, but I wont be worried until he is placed on the IR or PUP this year, if he can participate in 8 games I will be over joyed... We know we were getting damaged goods... so lets save him for the most important games...

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 09:08 AM
No contact in practice. No contact in pre-season. I guess the whole "football shape" thing is over-rated.

Actualyl Vermeil said they would keep him out there witht he 2nd teamers to get some snaps in. So obviously the coaches feel there is value to getting in some snaps. But WTF do they know?

I've heard many coaches, including Al Saunders, say that "football shape" is overrated.

These guys train year-round now. They're ready to go at a moment's notice. See Tony Gonzales.

Vermeil said he would play last week. But WTF do they know?

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 09:10 AM
so lets save him for the most important games...

Like all of them.

petegz28
08-29-2005, 09:14 AM
I've heard many coaches, including Al Saunders, say that "football shape" is overrated.

These guys train year-round now. They're ready to go at a moment's notice. See Tony Gonzales.

Vermeil said he would play last week. But WTF do they know?

So that wasn't Gonzo catching the touchdown??? WOW! If you are referring to the week before I would say a broken finger consitutes an injury worth sitting out a game. Especially when you played in the game before that.

carlos3652
08-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Like all of them.

When was Preseason important?

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 09:20 AM

Sorry, I thought you were referring to keeping him out of some games during the regular season also.

If you meant just the preseason games, then I agree.

TEX
08-29-2005, 09:28 AM

Well, it should be kind of important for a new player, who hasn't played football in a year, to get used to a new defensive scheme, teamate tendencies, and contact... :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Cue that 80s song but change the last word!!!....

THE FINNNNALLLL MELLLLTTDOWWNNN!!

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 09:54 AM
So that wasn't Gonzo catching the touchdown??? WOW! If you are referring to the week before I would say a broken finger consitutes an injury worth sitting out a game. Especially whne you plaed in the game before that.

I wasn't talking about this year. Jesus, how long have you been a fan? Have you already forgotten about Gonzales' holdout?

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, it should be kind of important for a new player, who hasn't played football in a year, to get used to a new defensive scheme, teamate tendencies, and contact... :hmmm:

:hmmm:

KCJake
08-29-2005, 12:30 PM
But he won't play Friday either.
Wanna bet?

TRR
08-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Wanna bet?

I'm in as well. I'll be willing to bet Bell plays Friday.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Cue that 80s song but change the last word!!!....

THE FINNNNALLLL MELLLLTTDOWWNNN!!

WE'RE HEADED FOR VENUS!

jspchief
08-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Personally, I think Bell missing these games does matter. He needs the gametime experience just like every other player in the NFL.

It doesn't mean he sucks or will suck. But I do think it means he'll be learning from his mistakes in games that matter, instead of learning in games that don't.

Obviously, coaches all over the NFL think that even veteran stars need some pre-season game time experience. I don't know why the homers here can't at least recognize that he's missing out on valueable snaps.

If he's injured, there's nothing that can be done about it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

petegz28
08-29-2005, 12:42 PM
I wasn't talking about this year. Jesus, how long have you been a fan? Have you already forgotten about Gonzales' holdout?

Yeah the same Gozo that played the entire yeat prior? Oh yea him!

petegz28
08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Wanna bet?

I wouldn't bet. They might MAKE him play. Then again they said he would play 2 minutes before the game Saturday and he played bench warmer is all.

TRR
08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Personally, I think Bell missing these games does matter. He needs the gametime experience just like every other player in the NFL.

It doesn't mean he sucks or will suck. But I do think it means he'll be learning from his mistakes in games that matter, instead of learning in games that don't.

Obviously, coaches all over the NFL think that even veteran stars need some pre-season game time experience. I don't know why the homers here can't at least recognize that he's missing out on valueable snaps.

If he's injured, there's nothing that can be done about it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

I believe practice time means more than Preseason games. Bell has gotten quite a bit of practice time in with the other 2 LB's, and the D Line. If he wasn't practicing, and wasn't playing, then I would be worried. However last week, he went through a full week of practice, and even contributed in contact drills.

That's more important to me than Preseason. I could care less if he ever plays in a Preseason game.

TRR
08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't bet. They might MAKE him play. Then again they said he would play 2 minutes before the game Saturday and he played bench warmer is all.

Who said he would play Saturday. The only thing I heard from anyone before the game was DV, and he said they'll probably wait another week, but that Bell is as close to ready as possible.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah the same Gozo that played the entire yeat prior? Oh yea him!

Of course, that has nothing to do with it, and you know it.

petegz28
08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Who said he would play Saturday. The only thing I heard from anyone before the game was DV, and he said they'll probably wait another week, but that Bell is as close to ready as possible.

Holthus said it right before the game started.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Of course, that has nothing to do with it, and you know it.I think Bell's lay-off is an undeniable piece of the equation.

He has seen barely any game speed contact in well over a year now. I'd love to think that doesn't matter to the real pros, but the actions of a hell of a lot of NFL coaches that are considerably smarter than me make me think otherwise.

If it truly doesn't matter if these guys get pre-season playing time, how do you explain every other established player in the league participating in pre-season games?

petegz28
08-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Of course, that has nothing to do with it, and you know it.

No not a thing! I mean it doesn't matter that he had spent the prior few years playin and playing in the system.

8 months without playing and then playing in the same system

Compared to

18 months without playing and playing in a new system with new personel.

NOPE! No difference! :banghead:

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I think Bell's lay-off is an undeniable piece of the equation.

He has seen barely any game speed contact in well over a year now. I'd love to think that doesn't matter to the real pros, but the actions of a hell of a lot of NFL coaches that are considerably smarter than me make me think otherwise.

If it truly doesn't matter if these guys get pre-season playing time, how do you explain every other established player in the league participating in pre-season games?

It's not that it doesn't matter. It's just not absolutely necessary. Of course, it's desired, if it's possible, to get a guy on the field whenever -- OTA's, preseason, regular season. But if he can't go, missing the preseason isn't nearly the deal that some are making it out to be.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 01:07 PM
No not a thing! I mean it doesn't matter that he had spent the prior few years playin and playing in the system.

8 months without playing and then playing in the same system

Comapred to

18 months without playing and playing in a new system with new personel.

NOPE! No difference! :banghead:

8 years? Try again. Vermeil and this offense arrived in the spring of 2001. Gonzo got his contract after his first season under Vermeil.

And I'm sure I don't need to point out the difference between being a WR/TE in a scheme such as Saunders' vs. being someone who's sole purpose in life is to tackle the guy with the ball.

By all means, continue to complain. It makes passing the time much more entertaining. I'm just wondering what you're going to find to bitch about when Bell suits up 9/11 and takes it to the Jets.

teedubya
08-29-2005, 01:16 PM

ROFL I see BRC isnt just annoying me with the JPG-a-thon ROFL

petegz28
08-29-2005, 02:29 PM
8 years? Try again. Vermeil and this offense arrived in the spring of 2001. Gonzo got his contract after his first season under Vermeil.

And I'm sure I don't need to point out the difference between being a WR/TE in a scheme such as Saunders' vs. being someone who's sole purpose in life is to tackle the guy with the ball.

By all means, continue to complain. It makes passing the time much more entertaining. I'm just wondering what you're going to find to bitch about when Bell suits up 9/11 and takes it to the Jets.

Now how did you get 8 years when I said 8 months? Reading isn't fundamental with you is it?

I hope I have nothing to bitch about.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
Now how did you get 8 years when I said 8 months? Reading isn't fundamental with you is it?

I hope I have nothing to bitch about.

Hmmm...thought that said 8 years when I read it the first time.

Brock
08-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Last edited by petegz28 on 08-29-2005 at 02:07 PM.

ROFL

petegz28
08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
ROFL

Such the detective. I edited it to change the word Compared from Comapred before I got rediculed for that.

Don't quit your day job Dick Tracy.

ptlyon
08-29-2005, 02:38 PM

And this was posted at 2:07! ROFL

petegz28
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM

Come on Smaqe you should know better than that.

Brock
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Such the detective. I edited it to change the word Compared from Comapred before I got rediculed for that.

Don't quit your day job Dick Tracy.

You've gotta be the sandiest vagina on Chiefsplanet. Don't be such a goddam rag. ROFL

kcjayhawks5
08-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Fart.

ROFL LOL you said fart

petegz28
08-29-2005, 02:44 PM
You've gotta be the sandiest vagina on Chiefsplanet. Don't be such a goddam rag. ROFL
nlm

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Whine On You Craaazzyyy Chiefs Fan!

petegz28
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Whine On You Craaazzyyy Chiefs Fan!

I am just tyring to be like you :drool:

StcChief
08-29-2005, 02:49 PM
We are getting ready for 9/11 with or without him.
His backup will have to work for now.

Logical
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I think Bell's lay-off is an undeniable piece of the equation.

Didn't Morton miss the entire preseason last year and Kennison almost all of it. We survived, admittedly the timing was off. But I don't think timing is quite the issue for defense that it is for the skill positions on offnese.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I am just tyring to be like you :drool:

Hmmm...I'm attempting to recall all the posts I made complaining about Bell not playing. Or the posts I made about him being damaged goods. And then there was the posts about how Vermeil and Peterson were lying to us.

Wait, what's that? I didn't post any of those things? You're right, I didn't.

Better go back and work on your comebacks, Pete. That one was pretty weak.

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Didn't Morton miss the entire preseason last year and Kennison almost all of it. We survived, admittedly the timing was off. But I don't think timing is quite the issue for defense that it is for the skill positions on offnese.

Exactly.

petegz28
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM

Did Morton already know the system? Yes. Had Morton played in the system before? Yes.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:49 PM
peteg....you don't need to know a system that well to go chase the QB

petegz28
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Hmmm...I'm attempting to recall all the posts I made complaining about Bell not playing. Or the posts I made about him being damaged goods. And then there was the posts about how Vermeil and Peterson were lying to us.

Wait, what's that? I didn't post any of those things? You're right, I didn't.

Better go back and work on your comebacks, Pete. That one was pretty weak.

Damn you are just missing the sarcasm boat today Smaqe. You are disappointing me.

milkman
08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
And this was posted at 2:07! ROFL

Not taking sides here, but I believe that Pete's edit and Parker's posting, both at 2:07 is coincidental.

Parker quoted Pete, and the quote reads "8 months", and does have the word 'compared' misspelled in it.

Had Pete use the edit to change the '8 months' from '8 years', the quote in Parker's post would have still read '8 years'.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 09:01 PM
peteg....you don't need to know a system that well to go chase the QBFunny, I thought Gun said it takes LBs two years to get his system down and really flourish.

I'm not at the start 4 threads a day mass hysteria level of Petegcamaro. But I also don't agree that missing these games isn't hurting Bell's chances to be his best in this D.

Saying that Bell, or a vet, or a vet LB doesn't need pre-season time seems to go against the thinking of every coach in the NFL. If there was truly nothing to gain from playing in these games, Bell wouldn't be the only LB in the league sitting them out.

It's not the end of the world. I just would prefer he was getting more work in.

Logical
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Not taking sides here, but I believe that Pete's edit and Parker's posting, both at 2:07 is coincidental.

Parker quoted Pete, and the quote reads "8 months", and does have the word 'compared' misspelled in it.

Had Pete use the edit to change the '8 months' from '8 years', the quote in Parker's post would have still read '8 years'.Actually an interesting thing about the quote function is that it pulls the quote when you submit, not when you hit the quote. So you can be thinking the quote says one thing but what actually get's quoted is different. So if a person changes his post fast enough it can lead to a situation as described in your post.

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Can someone please combine all the Bell threads it is getting confusing. DV said he will play this week for sure. So we will see what for sure means.