PDA

View Full Version : Keep F-in Doubting Priest Holmes!!!

ct
08-29-2005, 12:54 PM
The guy makes a livin proving people wrong. All this LJ hype this year further convinces me that he is gonna go OFF!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-29-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm glad we have them both... and Priest is still my favorite player.

ct
08-29-2005, 01:00 PM
somebody had to do it :)

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 01:03 PM
The guy makes a livin proving people wrong. All this LJ hype this year further convinces me that he is gonna go OFF!!!
He's gonna go OFF... the field with another leg injury unless DV limits his carries to 15 a game or fewer.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I have to give kink Carl props for having the vision to replace Holmes when he did.

Dunit35
08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Both of them in the backfield at the same time will be great...But if Priest isnt getting the job done...I wouldnt hesitate to put Johnson in there.. On the other hand..How many starting RB's look like complete studs in the preseason?

milkman
08-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Both of them in the backfield at the same time will be great...But if Priest isnt getting the job done...I wouldnt hesitate to put Johnson in there.. On the other hand..How many starting RB's look like complete studs in the preseason?

Priest is still the man.

He still has that outstanding patience, vision, and quick burst through the seam, which he displayed in the first preseason.

I hope LJ gets about 10 touches a game, because he is explosive and exciting, but Priest is still the much more complete back.

LJ's catching up, but he ain't there yet.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Priest needs to prove he can stay healthy. Then maybe he can worry about proving he's better than LJ.

Thig Lyfe
08-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I like Priest more. But LJ is the future, definitely. And I think that the future is fairly immediate. Not this season, but next season I think the focus will start to shift towards him.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Your sig rocks.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Priest needs to prove he can stay healthy. Then maybe he can worry about proving he's better than LJ.

Priest doersn't need to prove anything, he's already done that.

Thig Lyfe
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Your sig rocks.

You have good ol' 4th and Long to thank for that! :thumb:

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Priest doersn't need to prove anything, he's already done that.

I would say he needs to prove he can last an entire season. Two of the last three years he hasn't.

milkman
08-29-2005, 07:14 PM
I would say he needs to prove he can last an entire season. Two of the last three years he hasn't.

But you said he could worry about proving he's better than LJ after he proves he can stay healthy.

The onus of proof, as it relates to who is better, is on LJ.

Garcia Bronco
08-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Re: Thread title

If you're going to use the F-word....go for the gold.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
But you said he could worry about proving he's better than LJ after he proves he can stay healthy.

The onus of proof, as it relates to who is better, is on LJ.

LJ averaged more yards per carry than Priest last year, and he has had a better preseason.

What has Priest done in that time span to prove he's better? Nothing.

Believe me, I hope I am completely wrong and Priest erases all doubt as to who is the superior RB against the Jets.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM

To who? you?

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
To who? you?

To everyone watching. His coaches, his teammates, his fans. The media. The rest of the league.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
LJ averaged more yards per carry than Priest last year, and he has had a better preseason.

What has Priest done in that time span to prove he's better? Nothing.

Believe me, I hope I am completely wrong and Priest erases all doubt as to who is the superior RB against the Jets.

Until LJ owns the TD record, there is no question who is superior.

You aren't entitled to anything from Priest, other than the fact that you are fortunate that he plays for the team that you root for. You appear to be on a mission to dethrone the player that put this offense in the record books.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Really? Marshall Faulk's name dominates the St. Louis Rams record book. But there is no question Stephen Jackson is the better RB at this point in time.

You aren't entitled to anything from Priest, other than the fact that you are fortunate that he plays for the team that you root for. You appear to be on a mission to dethrone the player that put this offense in the record books.

Don't make this personal. It's just my opinion. I don't hate Priest.

I hope he proves me wrong. That would be absolutely wonderful.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Priest no doubt deserves to start, and I certainly hope nothing sidelines him, but the simple truth is that he's earned his "injury prone" tag and he's going to be 32.

So odds are, we'll see plenty of LJ, whether we want to or not...

Saulbadguy
08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Split the carries. Split the time. Make it equal. You can't keep a weapon like LJ on the bench.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:39 PM
To everyone watching. His coaches, his teammates, his fans. The media. The rest of the league.

He's already proven what kind of player he is. quit pimping injury as reason to slobber over LJ.

Be glad we have both. Everyone else does. their coaches, their teammates, their fans. Not you and Whitlock.

all the worrying you do will not change what al and the organization are going to do. You haven't even seen what both can do together in a game. Maybe waiting would be more prudent than worrying.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Really? Marshall Faulk's name dominates the St. Louis Rams record book. But there is no question Stephen Jackson is the better RB at this point in time.

Don't make this personal. It's just my opinion. I don't hate Priest.

I hope he proves me wrong. That would be absolutely wonderful.

That's why I used the word appears. Stop taking it personal.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Priest no doubt deserves to start, and I certainly hope nothing sidelines him, but the simple truth is that he's earned his "injury prone" tag and he's going to be 32.

So odds are, we'll see plenty of LJ, whether we want to or not...

He hasn't earned anything near "injury prone". If anything he's earned Rehab Zuess.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:42 PM
He hasn't earned anything near "injury prone". If anything he's earned Rehab Zuess.

How has he not earned injury prone? ACL injury in college. ACL injury in Baltimore. Hip injury in KC. MCL injury in KC.

4th and Long
08-29-2005, 07:43 PM
You kids better get used to Priest being the starter. A veteran that's accomplished the feats he has in the last three years, full seasons or not, does not, I repeat DOES NOT lose his starting job to Larry "a ran 97 yards against the scub defense" Johnson. If that run really swayed your opinion or impressed you so much then I might want to point to another Chief that had a long ass run for a TD in REGULAR SEASON GAME. Of course, he was a quarterback and his name being mentioned in the same breath as Holmes would be blasphemy.

Johnson was on the radio today and he said HE KNOWS he's not going to be the starter and he's just FINE with that. The rest of you should take a cue from that and fall into line quietly. Simply sit back and enjoy the fact that we have not one, but two quality running backs who have different styles.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:44 PM
How has he not earned injury prone? ACL injury in college. ACL injury in Baltimore. Hip injury in KC. MCL injury in KC.

He's a running back. how many players have come back from that many injuries...most injury prone players don't have careers in the NFl, let alone set NFL records.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:45 PM
He's already proven what kind of player he is. quit pimping injury as reason to slobber over LJ.

Injury is only part of it. LJ averaged more yards per carry and we had a better record with LJ.

Be glad we have both. Everyone else does. their coaches, their teammates, their fans. Not you and Whitlock.

all the worrying you do will not change what al and the organization are going to do. You haven't even seen what both can do together in a game. Maybe waiting would be more prudent then worrying.

Who's worried? I'm glad as hell we have both of them. We're discussing who is the better RB, not why this is a reason to be worried. It's not. Who said it was?

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Injury is only part of it. LJ averaged more yards per carry and we had a better record with LJ.

Who's worried? I'm glad as hell we have both of them. We're discussing who is the better RB, not why this is a reason to be worried. It's not. Who said it was?

you did.

Duck Dog
08-29-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm just happy we have them both.

That being said, it's up to LJ to prove he's better than Priest. Dare I say, RBBC? They have the opportunity to be the best one two punch we've had in recent memory.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:51 PM
you did.

where?

Skip Towne
08-29-2005, 07:52 PM
When Priest first started showing his stuff to us, Lenny said "The guy is just stronger than the guys trying to tackle him". I agreed. I am not seeing that any more. Do we have to take sides? If we do, I love Priest but I'll take LJ.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 07:54 PM
where?

didn't you mention that you don't trust al to do what's right regarding our running back situation? Basically worrying that he wouldn't utilize LJ properly?

plbrdude
08-29-2005, 07:55 PM
who's doubting

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 07:56 PM
didn't you mention that you don't trust al to do what's right regarding our running back situation? Basically worrying that he wouldn't utilize LJ properly?

Ah, yes.

ct
08-29-2005, 07:56 PM

And LJ has? BS! He ain't proven he can last one full season!

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 08:02 PM
And LJ has? BS! He ain't proven he can last one full season!

LJ has never been injured.

4th and Long
08-29-2005, 08:15 PM
LJ has never been injured.
He's never played a full season on the field in the NFL or taken the punishment Holmes has either. Kinda tough to do when your on the bench and draw the comparison you're trying to make, wouldn't you say?

What was your point again?

milkman
08-29-2005, 08:22 PM
He's never played a full season on the field in the NFL or taken the punishment Holmes has either. Kinda tough to do when your on the bench and draw the comparison you're trying to make, wouldn't you say?

What was your point again?

And he only played one season as the featured back at Penn St.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Jim Brown holds the best career yards per carry average. Want to hand the ball to him?

Age catches up with all players, but espcially RBs.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Jim Brown holds the best career yards per carry average. Want to hand the ball to him?

Age catches up with all players, but espcially RBs.

That's great, we don't know if that has happened yet.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
That's great, we don't know if that has happened yet.
All I'm saying is this:

Start Priest, but limit him to ~15 touches per game. Don't wear him out. He IS old by NFL RB standards. Bring him in when you need 1 yard or to punch it in from 3 yards out. However, let LJ take the beating because he's younger and younger RB's can take that kind of abuse and still be there next week.

I'm with gochiefs, I'm scared that philosophy will go right out the window the first time DV and AS start to feel a little heat in a game and we'll see Priest wind up with 30 touches and another knee/hip/ankle issue. I see that as a problem because LJ's short yardage game isn't as strong as Priest's the last time we saw Priest.

That said, if you forced me to cut one guy today it would be Priest without hesitation. It's simply an age thing.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
All I'm saying is this:

Start Priest, but limit him to ~15 touches per game. Don't wear him out. He IS old by NFL RB standards. Bring him in when you need 1 yard or to punch it in from 3 yards out. However, let LJ take the beating because he's younger and younger RB's can take that kind of abuse and still be there next week.

I'm with gochiefs, I'm scared that philosophy will go right out the window the first time DV and AS start to feel a little heat in a game and we'll see Priest wind up with 30 touches and another knee/hip/ankle issue. I see that as a problem because LJ's short yardage game isn't as strong as Priest's the last time we saw Priest.

That said, if you forced me to cut one guy today it would be Priest without hesitation. It's simply an age thing.

That's pretty much how I feel. We can't get in a game in the fourth quarter and be SCARED to put Larry Johnson in the ballgame just because it's close.

As for the short game, I think LJ needs to see the ball just as much in those situations. He showed definite power last year near the goal line.

In fact, I think a split backfield of LJ and Priest with two tight ends and one WR in that situation would be awesome.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 10:38 PM

Interesting that you are creating a do or die situation that isn't a necessity, and assume subpar decisions from a guy who has created one of the best offenses in NFL History.

I can't believe people are ready to kick Priest to the curb when he hasn't provided a reason to. I'd understand if we were halfway through the season and it was obvious.

The guy is stealth.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Interesting that you are creating a do or die situation that isn't a necessity, and assume subpar decisions from a guy who has created one of the best offenses in NFL History.

I can't beleive people are ready to kick Priest to the curb when he hasn't provided a reason to. I'd understand if we were halfway through the season.

Come on, stevie. Who cares if it's a neccessity. It's time for you to face the facts.

If Priest and LJ were both free agents after this season was over, and they both wanted the same amount of money, who would you sign?

stevieray
08-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Come on, stevie. Who cares if it's a neccessity. It's time for you to face the facts.

If Priest and LJ were both free agents after this season was over, and they both wanted the same amount of money, who would you sign?

IF. I'm not interested in IF's that aren't relevant. You'll treat Johnson the same way when he isn't deemed viable in your eyes.

The only fact I seem to be facing is that I now know why players ask for so much money.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 10:45 PM
In fact, I think a split backfield of LJ and Priest with two tight ends and one WR in that situation would be awesome.
Eh, I think you're underestimating how much T-Rich's blocks mean to either of those guys on the GL.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 10:48 PM

I can't believe people are ready to kick Priest to the curb when he hasn't provided a reason to. I'd understand if we were halfway through the season and it was obvious.

The guy is stealth.
I love the guy. I also loved watching Deron Cherry play. Doesn't mean I want to watch him suit back up.

As for DV and AS dropping the plan and running Priest into the ground in one game, that's how I remember the game he got injured in last year. Didn't CP say before last season we were going to limit Priest's touches? Then the first sign of struggle appears and DV just can't stand to not send him in over and over and over. Hell, Priest is a security blanket for the guy and for all the obvious reasons. Problem is he's a 32 year old security blanket.

tk13
08-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I can't believe you're not smarter than this gochiefs. That is totally unfair to Priest to say he hasn't finished 2 of the last 3 seasons. He could've put a brace on his knee and come back at the end of last year, but there was no reason to play him in some meaningless games. Vermeil refused to let him do that. The guy is tougher and plays through pain moreso than maybe anybody on the roster. If the whole team was on crutches the week of a big game, Priest Holmes would be the first guy to fight through it and play, and play well.

He is old in age, but I don't think he has the wear and tear of most backs his age. He hasn't really been a starter as long as somebody like Faulk, he keeps himself in incredible, incredible physical shape... and I'm not sure what everybody saw last year that makes them think he's slowing down because of age. I sure didn't see it. Anyone who says he's slowing down is basically basing that off two meaningless preseason games where he only played a couple series. The guy was dominating last year.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Eh, I think you're underestimating how much T-Rich's blocks mean to either of those guys on the GL.

WISHBONE, BITCH! :)

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:53 PM
I can't believe you're not smarter than this gochiefs. That is totally unfair to Priest to say he hasn't finished 2 of the last 3 seasons. He could've put a brace on his knee and come back at the end of last year, but there was no reason to play him in some meaningless games. Vermeil refused to let him do that. The guy plays through pain moreso than maybe anybody on the roster, if the whole team was on crutches the week of a big game, Priest Holmes would be the first guy to fight through it and play, and play well.

He is old in age, but I don't think he has the wear and tear of most backs his age. He hasn't really been a starter as long, he keeps himself in incredible physical shape... and I'm not sure what everybody saw last year that makes them think he's slowing down because of age. I sure didn't see it. Anyone who says he's slowing down is basically basing that off two preseason games where he only played a couple series. The guy was dominating last year.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope Priest makes me out to be the stupidest mother****er south of Kansas City.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
The guy was dominating last year.
Therein lies the rub. RBs don't just lose a little bit, year by year like some positions. Those guys go from great to Ok to bad in a heartbeat. LAST year doesn't mean squat for anything other than fan loyalty (which, by the way, doesn't win games).

Give the guy the ball. Game one, series one. If he keeps getting caught from behind, put LJ in. If he breaks a big one you have your answer. If not, keep rotating them. I think this is all about who is going to give who a breather anyway.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Give the guy the ball. Game one, series one. If he keeps getting caught from behind, put LJ in..

This is what I'm afraid of. We're in a game, and the running game isn't working. And Al refuses to take Priest out, or takes him out and Priest starts getting pissed because LJ finishes the rest of the game with 20+ carries.

I guess we're all ready for the opener, eh? :)

stevieray
08-29-2005, 10:59 PM
I love the guy. I also loved watching Deron Cherry play. Doesn't mean I want to watch him suit back up.

As for DV and AS dropping the plan and running Priest into the ground in one game, that's how I remember the game he got injured in last year. Didn't CP say before last season we were going to limit Priest's touches? Then the first sign of struggle appears and DV just can't stand to not send him in over and over and over. Hell, Priest is a security blanket for the guy and for all the obvious reasons. Problem is he's a 32 year old security blanket.

He ended up carrying this offense due to the lack of WR's. Of course they didn't want to wear him down again.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
I can't believe you're not smarter than this gochiefs. That is totally unfair to Priest to say he hasn't finished 2 of the last 3 seasons. He could've put a brace on his knee and come back at the end of last year, but there was no reason to play him in some meaningless games. Vermeil refused to let him do that. The guy is tougher and plays through pain moreso than maybe anybody on the roster. If the whole team was on crutches the week of a big game, Priest Holmes would be the first guy to fight through it and play, and play well.

He is old in age, but I don't think he has the wear and tear of most backs his age. He hasn't really been a starter as long as somebody like Faulk, he keeps himself in incredible, incredible physical shape... and I'm not sure what everybody saw last year that makes them think he's slowing down because of age. I sure didn't see it. Anyone who says he's slowing down is basically basing that off two meaningless preseason games where he only played a couple series. The guy was dominating last year.

46 yards in four carries.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 11:02 PM
He ended up carrying this offense due to the lack of WR's. Of course they didn't want to wear him down again.
There will always be an excuse/reason. The issue here is "was LJ capable of carrying the load and DV left Priest out there for no reason other than a sense of security".

tk13
08-29-2005, 11:04 PM
46 yards in four carries.
I agree, it's amazing how everyone forgot that... it's the exact reason I think he's fine. I think that was all he needed to see. No reason to kill himself these last two games. Priest knows what he has to do to get ready for the season.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 11:06 PM
There will always be an excuse/reason. The issue here is "was LJ capable of carrying the load and DV left Priest out there for no reason other than a sense of security".

Again, why do you assume a negative to bolster your position?. That sounds like an excuse to write him off before he's even played a down in the regular season, with something beyond his control...

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Again, why do you assume a negative to bolster your position?. That sounds liike an excuse to write him of before he's even played a down in the regular season, with something beyond his control...
Unlike goatcheeze, I'm not worried about Priest's preseason performance/lack thereof. For me it's simply an age/ can he stay healthy if DV starts riding him thing. If DV starts relying on Priest as his security blankie and Priest goes down, then what? I think Priest IS that important to this team, that's why I want the ball in LJ's hands when it doesn't NEED to be in Priest's.

stevieray
08-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Unlike goatcheeze, I'm not worried about Priest's preseason performance/lack thereof. For me it's simply an age/ can he stay healthy if DV starts riding him thing. If DV starts relying on Priest as his security blankie and Priest goes down, then what? I think Priest IS that important to this team, that's why I want the ball in LJ's hands when it doesn't NEED to be in Priest's.

We don't know what they are going to do yet, I'm excited about the possibilities that are in Al's capable hands.

|Zach|
08-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Something that worries me is the way Holmes goes about his running from the start of a game to the end. It always seems like he gets off to an average or even slow start but as the game progresses he gets better. Finally when the 4th rolls around he is in such a groove and has them so worn down he dominates. He has shown a history of this.

Will more carries by LJ hurt this? Hopefully it is more of a matter of how the other team was being worn down phsyically. LJ would no doubt add to that and all of this would be a non issue.

But if its a rhythm thing...it could be rough and tumble for Priest.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Finally when the 4th rolls around he is in such a groove and has them so worn down he dominates. He has shown a history of this.

Actually, it's the exact opposite. Especially last year.

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 11:27 PM
I think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Priest is a class act, and if it was time to walk away he would be the first to step down. He is going to have a monster year, and all, these stupid threads will be forgotton.

Bowser
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
So what will gochiefs do when Priest is league MVP? Or more succinctly, what should WE do to HIM?

sure as hell can't ban him, that works as well as a screen door on a submarine.....

:D

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
He would have a boner over Dee Brown if he got the perfect blocks and ran 97 yards too. Then the Dump Priest bring on Brown threads would be running wild.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 11:43 PM
He would have a boner over Dee Brown if he got the perfect blocks and ran 97 yards too. Then the Dump Priest bring on Brown threads would be running wild.

Don't go there. Dee Brown didn't score 11 TDs last year.

Mecca
08-29-2005, 11:46 PM

Coming from you, I'm sure he's real offended.......

The most positive thing from all of this is simply that, I don't think Holmes could make it through the year taking all the carries again. Aslong as they don't piss Larry off, everything is going to be fine. I don't want us to be stuck with no RB in 2 years.

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
As long as they don't piss LJ off-nice comment-like he is the star of the team now. They will use him in mop up duty in the second half, after we get a lead to run the clock. LJ wants to hit someone-let him, we need a bulldozer to keep smashing the defense, while our own D gets to rest on the sideline. They way he has been playing I don't see why he can't get 80 to 100 yards the second half of the game. But Priest will be the starter-and that is the way it should be.

go bo
08-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope Priest makes me out to be the stupidest mother****er south of Kansas City.i didn't know you needed any help... :p :p :p

Mecca
08-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Yea, let's fully piss LJ off so he doesn't want to be here anymore. That's a great F'N idea man. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather not go back to the RB days before Vermiel got here.

All they have to do is split them 60/40, and everything should be fine. The idea of not playing Johnson in the first half at all is really stupid. Right now, I'm all for the Chiefs running the ball more and passing less to get both RB's more touches, and keeping the defense off the field.

Mark my words, If we piss off LJ, we'll live to regret doing it. I don't want to be here in 2 years talking about how Priest Holmes retired and Larry Johnson has left in free agency.

tk13
08-30-2005, 12:21 AM
I think it's going to be tough to sign LJ anyway if Al's the head coach considering neither guy seems to like the other at all. Which is a tough call.... I wouldn't be opposed to Al being the coach, even though I think he has some Martz-like tendencies on gameday, but Carl and LJ might have different things to say about it. I guess it's a good thing him and Carl seem to get along, because I think if LJ keeps up at this pace and becomes a monster, he's probably gonna want a very, very large signing bonus, $20-30 million maybe? He's probably not going to play for relative peanuts like Priest and Trent do.

Simplex3
08-30-2005, 02:04 AM
He's probably not going to play for relative peanuts like Priest and Trent do.
I don't know, I don't remember a "I don't make enough" bitch out of LJ. All I've heard is "I'm good enough to be a starter and damnit I want to be one." Give him the reigns and he might handle a less than enormous contract. Of course if he turns out to be that good then why shouldn't he get it? Truth be told he should probably bail because I think we may be hit by the salary cap bug after this season or next. I'm no cap master but I have to think Carl is betting a significant portion of the farm on this season.

Wallcrawler
08-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Lets try to remember who the majority of those TDs that Johnson scored last year came against shall we?

Raiders twice, Titans, and Broncos.

He had a good game against the Broncos who usually have a good defense, but those other three games? Gimme a break. The Raiders and Titans defenses were pure crap. My f'in grandma could have put up 100+ yards on those run defenses.

Not to mention that the immortal Larry Johnson failed to reach 100 rushing yards against the San Diego Chargers JV squad in the final game of the year.

L.J. shows some good promise, especially with his breakaway speed to take it the distance from anywhere on the field, but eh, this talk about how Holmes is done due to age is complete and total BS. If it were anyone other that gochiefs posting this bile, Id probably be worried.

I think Johnson should get his carries in the game to take some of the load off of Holmes, but Holmes is clearly still the man you go with when the chips are down. He's proven.

If the game is on the line, I want Priest Holmes in the backfield. No question about it. Then I want the offensive coordinator to be smart enough to take his head out of his ass and give him the goddamned football.

Like in that article about how Priest tried to run down Marcus Coleman when he picked off the pass and ran it back for a TD. If Al had given Holmes the ball, at the TWO FREAKIN YARD LINE, he wouldnt have had to been chasing down Marcus Coleman.

That has always bugged me, and will always bug me. 2 yards away. Best offensive line in football, best single season TD scorer the game has ever seen.

Hmmm. Let me think.....

Pass.

WHAT THE MOTHER **** IS UP WITH THAT?

Especially in that game, Priest was KILLING the Texans. I guess its a little harder to be in the "Offensive genius" category if you just hand the ball to your awesome running back for the first down, or for the scores. You have to get creative, and try to get the first downs and scores the hard way for that moniker I guess.

I dont know how many dropped passes on 3rd and 1 or 2 we will have to suffer through this season due to this BS, but I hope its not as many as last year.

As awesome as this offense was last year, just imagine how much better it would have been if they would have just handed the ball off for the 1 and 2 yard first down instead of throwing some pass that gets batted down or dropped.

For that reason alone, I dont want to see Al Saunders as the Head Coach of the Chiefs. He will become another Mike Martz, who passes the ball 55 times a game, and cant figure out how his offense that used to be so great, now sucks.

Herzig
08-30-2005, 05:30 AM
We really are the AFC version of the rams....we are going through their whole Faulk/Steven Jackson thing right now.

penchief
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I don't know, I don't remember a "I don't make enough" bitch out of LJ. All I've heard is "I'm good enough to be a starter and damnit I want to be one." Give him the reigns and he might handle a less than enormous contract. Of course if he turns out to be that good then why shouldn't he get it? Truth be told he should probably bail because I think we may be hit by the salary cap bug after this season or next. I'm no cap master but I have to think Carl is betting a significant portion of the farm on this season.

Exactly.

If I remember correctly LJ wanted to sign early because he was eager to get into camp and show what he could do. He signed early, showed up at camp on time, and promptly got shat on by the two most important people relevant to his on-field success (DV & AS) because they resented the pick.

My impression is that LJ is more worried about playing than he is about how much he's making. He comes accross as one who takes a lot of pride in his performance in much the same way that Priest does.

Brock
08-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Lets try to remember who the majority of those TDs that Johnson scored last year came against shall we?

Raiders twice, Titans, and Broncos.

He had a good game against the Broncos who usually have a good defense, but those other three games? Gimme a break. The Raiders and Titans defenses were pure crap. My f'in grandma could have put up 100+ yards on those run defenses.

Wow, I guess it's his fault the coaching staff were a bunch of choads who kept him on the bench for the majority of the season.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
2 yards away. Best offensive line in football, best single season TD scorer the game has ever seen.

Hmmm. Let me think.....

Pass.

If you don't pass some of the time at the goal line, you become too predictable.

We ran that very same play for a TD the year before.

We should never be AFRAID to pass. That's stupid.

Wallcrawler
08-30-2005, 09:32 PM
If you don't pass some of the time at the goal line, you become too predictable.

We ran that very same play for a TD the year before.

We should never be AFRAID to pass. That's stupid.

Maybe, but any fool knows that its much more difficult to pass down on the goal line. The defense can play much, much tighter without having to worry about being beaten deep, and the zone coverages are much more effective, because of the confined space.

3rd and 1 or 2 sometimes out between the 20s, I can see that. You get the D expecting run, and hit a deep one on em. But down on the goal line, when youve got Holmes and this offensive line, just run the f'in ball.

How many times has Priest scored, when EVERYONE in the stadium knew that the run was coming? Too many times to count.

Dont give me that "too predictable" bullshit. It doesnt matter. I repeat, How many times has everyone in the stadium knew Priest was going to get the ball, and he scored anyway?

Thats why he is the single season rush td holder. Because it dont matter if they know its coming, they cant stop it.

And in the rare occaision that the defense can stop Priest Holmes from scoring when the O is that close, Id much rather take the 3 points for our team, than have the f'in other team jaunting down the sidelines for 104 yards for a TD.

I guess Im old fashioned in the fact that I think that when you have the best O line in football, the best scoring back in football, and an amazing scoring percentage when you give him the ball that close, you go with that.

But whatever. Thats just me.

milkman
08-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Like in that article about how Priest tried to run down Marcus Coleman when he picked off the pass and ran it back for a TD. If Al had given Holmes the ball, at the TWO FREAKIN YARD LINE, he wouldnt have had to been chasing down Marcus Coleman.

That has always bugged me, and will always bug me. 2 yards away. Best offensive line in football, best single season TD scorer the game has ever seen.

Hmmm. Let me think.....

Pass.

Especially in that game, Priest was KILLING the Texans. I guess its a little harder to be in the "Offensive genius" category if you just hand the ball to your awesome running back for the first down, or for the scores. You have to get creative, and try to get the first downs and scores the hard way for that moniker I guess.

I dont know how many dropped passes on 3rd and 1 or 2 we will have to suffer through this season due to this BS, but I hope its not as many as last year.

As awesome as this offense was last year, just imagine how much better it would have been if they would have just handed the ball off for the 1 and 2 yard first down instead of throwing some pass that gets batted down or dropped.

For that reason alone, I dont want to see Al Saunders as the Head Coach of the Chiefs. He will become another Mike Martz, who passes the ball 55 times a game, and cant figure out how his offense that used to be so great, now sucks.

I don't care if they are the best O-Line, and Priest is the best goal line back in the game, and that everyone knows that he's going to get the ball, if there is absolutely no threat of a pass in those situations, then defense will be able to commit everyone to stopping the run.

If teams felt they had to worry more about Kyle Boller and the Ravens passing game in goal to go situations, then Jamal Lewis would put up TD numbers that are comparable to Priest.

If you think that Al will become another Mike Martz, then you simply haven't been paying any attention.

I have to ask the same question that Laz asked a week or two ago.
Do you ever get anything right?

LaChapelle
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
:wayne:

Gonzo
10-30-2009, 11:04 AM
:wayne:

:whackit:

LaChapelle
10-30-2009, 11:05 AM
THose who doubted Priest just to tug on LJ's johnson should be shamed

Sweet Daddy Hate