PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk QB's

chagrin
08-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok, sorry if it's not worthy but I am curious about what' going on here with our QB's.

I haven't seen any of the CHIEFS preseason games and I get most of my info from the Planet and various BS sportswriters. As usual, most of you here have strong opinions on the subject so I was hoping to get some feedback on the topic.

Kilian - practice squad, right?
Todd Collins, iffy
Damon Huard - from what I am reading, sucks and will most likely be cut

Any of you have some good ideas or thoughts about who we can go after in the Free Agent market after final cuts, etc. I read today that Rohan Davey was cut, would he be worht looking at? I have ssen him play in Europe and in Clean up duty for New England, he's versatile but he got "beat out" by Flutie, although I'm not convinced that Flutioe really earned that job.

Anyway, please discuss...

ROYC75
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Gretz mentioned the other night that Huard will be the # 3 QB.

Must be another DV love affair. :rolleyes:

Personally I think he sucks and Quinn is much better.

StcChief
08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Trent
Collins
Quinn.
Huard - cut
Killian - PS

alpha_omega
08-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Trent
Collins
Quinn.
Huard - cut
Killian - PS

That's the way i see it as well.

BigRedChief
08-29-2005, 01:26 PM
That's the way i see it as well.
As does about 98 out of 100 others. The other 2 being Huard's grandparents.

WisChief
08-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Trent
Collins
Quinn.
Huard - cut
Killian - PS

I agree with this too - but I won't be surprised if we lose Killian from the PS.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Green
(Holmes/LJ)anyone can hand it off to them.

That is our depth chart at QB.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Quinn played quite a bit better than Huard has.

His throws were off target, but at least he was finding the open man, and looked comfortable on the field.

I'd say with more practice gettign the timing down with our WRs, and Quinn easily seperates himself from Huard.

Frankie
08-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Quinn played quite a bit better than Huard has.

His throws were off target, but at least he was finding the open man, and looked comfortable on the field.

I'd say with more practice gettign the timing down with our WRs, and Quinn easily seperates himself from Huard.
True dat. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 01:49 PM
HUARD SUCKS! HE HAD ONE LOUSY PRESEASON GAME! GET RID OF HIM!

:rolleyes:

Do some research, guys. Apart from Trent Green, Damon Huard has had more regular-season NFL success than ANY other QB on our roster.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM

Do some research, guys. Apart from Trent Green, Damon Huard has had more regular-season NFL success than ANY other QB on our roster.Heh. It's like you have a fetish for sh*tty players.

I don't care what Huard's resume looks like. Right now, based on what I've seen this year, Quinn looked better after three days on the team than Huard looked after all of training camp.

morphius
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Quinn may be better the Horrad, but if you get down to that emergency QB you are in some deep crap, because at best you are not going to expect any points with these guys. Your best bet is with either Killian or Quinn, because they both can at least run with the ball, as rolling them out may be the only ways to help hide their deficincies, just as the rat has to do with Plummer.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Heh. It's like you have a fetish for sh*tty players.

I don't care what Huard's resume looks like. Right now, based on what I've seen this year, Quinn looked better after three days on the team than Huard looked after all of training camp.

Did you even watch the first preseason game? Huard played OK. Better than Quinn or Collins.

WisChief
08-29-2005, 01:55 PM

Do some research, guys. Apart from Trent Green, Damon Huard has had more regular-season NFL success than ANY other QB on our roster.

You're right - he does suck

Huard
38 games since 1997 for 1600 yards and 9 td's and 8 int's. 74.3 rating

Quinn
17 games since 98 for 1100 yards and 4 td's and 7 ints. 60.4 rating

Collins
39 games since 95 for 3400 yards and 17 tds and 19 ints. 70.4 rating.

THEY ALL SUCK

morphius
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Did you even watch the first preseason game? Huard played OK. Better than Quinn or Collins.
I saw it, thought he sucked. And when he was a starter he sucked then too.

By your logic we should bench LJ and give his carries to TRich and Holcomb because they both have more expierence and a better rushing record...

Frankie
08-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Quinn played in the first preseason game? Dang he did nothing then. I'm sold. Huard is better!
:p

dtrain
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
What about taking a look at Tim Couch?

Frankie
08-29-2005, 02:10 PM
What about taking a look at Tim Couch?
:shake:

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 02:18 PM
I saw it, thought he sucked. And when he was a starter he sucked then too.

By your logic we should bench LJ and give his carries to TRich and Holcomb because they both have more expierence and a better rushing record...

Um, no. Horrible comparison.

Huard was pretty good when he had to start a few games for the Dolphins in 1999.

He DOVE for a first down. Collins would never do that.

Dunit35
08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
screw it.....Let's bring back Pat Barnes....

Sam
08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I say, sell Huard and put all our money in Killian's stock. Start planning for the future now.

alanm
08-29-2005, 02:42 PM

Huard was pretty good when he had to start a few games for the Dolphins in 1999.

Yeah Collins would do a slide for a first down as their taught to do. So in that respect Collins is smarter. :)

morphius
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM

TRich was pretty good in 2000 when he averaged 4.7 ypc, which ain't shabby.

Huard sucks, period. I mean its not like Miami has yet to call him back even with the pathetic QB talent they have going...

Lzen
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Without reading the whole thread, here's what I think.

Green - He's obviously a PB caliber QB. No worries here unless Green goes down with an injury.

Collins - He's a very solid backup, IMO. We won't know how good he really is until/unless he has to take over for an injured Green.

Huard - He's looked terrible this preseason. We didn't see him last preseason due to that dumbass wrestler that Minnesota had in camp last year. But if this year is indicative of his game, he sucks and needs to be cut immediately.

Kilian - I like this kid. He has potential but, he's very, very green right now. He's not ready to play in the NFL as of yet, IMO. PS and hopefully nobody snatches him up.

Quinn - He's a very solid 3rd string QB. Heck, he might even be able to challenge Collins for the 2nd string spot. For having only 3 days with the team, I was impressed with the way he came in and directed the offense against the Seahawks.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 02:58 PM

I've watched Huard play 3 games as a Kansas City Chief and he has, IMO, looked like crap in all of them. That is enough for me to see that he's not good enough to be our QB.

Frankie
08-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Without reading the whole thread, here's what I think.

Green - He's obviously a PB caliber QB. No worries here unless Green goes down with an injury.

Collins - He's a very solid backup, IMO. We won't know how good he really is until/unless he has to take over for an injured Green.

Huard - He's looked terrible this preseason. We didn't see him last preseason due to that dumbass wrestler that Minnesota had in camp last year. But if this year is indicative of his game, he sucks and needs to be cut immediately.

Kilian - I like this kid. He has potential but, he's very, very green right now. He's not ready to play in the NFL as of yet, IMO. PS and hopefully nobody snatches him up.

Quinn - He's a very solid 3rd string QB. Heck, he might even be able to challenge Collins for the 2nd string spot. For having only 3 days with the team, I was impressed with the way he came in and directed the offense against the Seahawks.Amen

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I've watched Huard play 3 games as a Kansas City Chief and he has, IMO, looked like crap in all of them. That is enough for me to see that he's not good enough to be our QB.

Huard has only played in two preseason games.

You guys are really judging him unfairly on one bad game, a game in which he had ZERO protection and had several passes dropped.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 03:03 PM

You guys are really judging him unfairly on one bad game, a game in which he had ZERO protection and had several passes dropped.

Oh, my mistake. You're right, he didn't play this week because he's injured. He played like crap against the Vikings (Threw 2 INTs, IIRC) and again the next week against the Cards.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Huard threw one interception against the Vikings, and I'm pretty sure it was a tipped pass, wasn't it?

Yes, he had a bad game against the Cardinals.

Huard has easily been the second best QB in preseason behind Green.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I guess Huard only threw 1 INT against the Vikings. But his completion percentage wasn't much over 50. He was 1 of 12 and threw 2 INTs against the Cards.

And as for his career, GC, he's had one season with a QB rating of over 70. He had one decent season in 1999 where he finished with a QB rating of 79.8. Care to know what his rating was in his other years?

1998 - 57.4
2000 - 60.2
2003 - 39.6

2001, 2002, and 2004 weren't listed because he didn't get to play in those seasons.

Edit: 2000 was the only other season where he got any significant playing time.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
He barely played in those other years.

I'm looking solely at 1999. That easily elevates him over Collins, who's a giant pussy anyway, and would never dive for a first down.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
He barely played in those other years.

I'm looking solely at 1999. That easily elevates him over Collins, who's a giant pussy anyway, and would never dive for a first down.

I don't care what he did in 1999. That was 6 years ago. What I've seen from him as a Chief in 2005 says that he sucks. And that will be my opinion of him until he proves otherwise.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 03:17 PM
Heh. It's like you have a fetish for sh*tty players.

I don't care what Huard's resume looks like. Right now, based on what I've seen this year, Quinn looked better after three days on the team than Huard looked after all of training camp.I agree, Huard sucks baows.

cut him immediately.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Huard threw one interception against the Vikings, and I'm pretty sure it was a tipped pass, wasn't it?

Huard has easily been the second best QB in preseason behind Green.Chiefie can't formulate an opinion of his own, but he can be contrarian on the board for us to bounce our opinions off of. He will always be ther to disagree.

Calcountry
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM

You guys are really judging him unfairly on one bad game, a game in which he had ZERO protection and had several passes dropped.I believe I am not alone in announcing the general consensus to you:

Huard SUCKS.

chagrin
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Chiefie can't formulate an opinion of his own, but he can be contrarian on the board for us to bounce our opinions off of. He will always be ther to disagree.

"This isn't an argument, you're simply contradicting me!"

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Chiefie can't formulate an opinion of his own, but he can be contrarian on the board for us to bounce our opinions off of. He will always be ther to disagree.

Nope, my opinion is solely based on what I've seen and his 1999 performance.

Knee-jerk reactions after a bad game are stupid. I refuse to be a part of them.

milkman
08-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Quinn may be better the Horrad, but if you get down to that emergency QB you are in some deep crap, because at best you are not going to expect any points with these guys. Your best bet is with either Killian or Quinn, because they both can at least run with the ball, as rolling them out may be the only ways to help hide their deficincies, just as the rat has to do with Plummer.

If the Chiefs have to rely on any of these QBs, Huard, Quinn, or Killian at any point in the season, then they are ****ed.

I'd rather cut the 2 vet scrubs that have 0 upside, and keep Killian.

Why keep a 3rd string scrub who doesn't give you any better chance at winning if he is called into action.

ROYC75
08-29-2005, 06:22 PM

Huard has easily been the second best QB in preseason behind Green.

You don't have a clue as to what you just said.

Last year Collins had the best stats and QB rating on the team in preseason.

Huard did do well, I'll give you that, but he was # 3 out of 4. But that was last year..... This year Huard is # 4 in stats and QB rating.

So far, Quinn is light years ahead of him in stats..... playing ability too !

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Huard did do well, I'll give you that, but he was # 3 out of 4. But that was last year..... This year Huard is # 4 in stats and QB rating.

Again, this all knee-jerk reactions based on one game. You put Huard in with the first-teamers and he blows Collins out of the water, IMO.

plbrdude
08-29-2005, 08:07 PM
i'm usually ever the optomist with the chiefs but if trent goes down, call it a year.
rather see QUINN #2 dump haurd and collins and stick killian #3. but then again i'm crazy

Brock
08-29-2005, 08:20 PM

Why bother comparing turds, they all stink to one degree or another. We have absolutely nothing behind Green.

ILChief
08-29-2005, 08:23 PM
for the future, I hope Kyle Orton turns out to be a stud and we can get Grossman from the Bears for our QB after Green

RealSNR
08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Again, this all knee-jerk reactions based on one game. You put Huard in with the first-teamers and he blows Collins out of the water, IMO.So you would take a piece of shit who's less knowledgable of the offense, less accurate, and makes more mistakes over Collins?

What you're saying is that Huard should be #2 over Collins?

If so, you are a dumbass.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 09:40 PM
So you would take a piece of shit who's less knowledgable of the offense, less accurate, and makes more mistakes over Collins?

What you're saying is that Huard should be #2 over Collins?

If so, you are a dumbass.

Collins has never played as well as Huard did in 1999.

There's very little preseason data to go on.

Huard diving for a first down tells me he has guts like Trent Green that are needed to play QB.

RealSNR
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM

Huard diving for a first down tells me he has guts like Trent Green that are needed to play QB.Answer the question. Not like it's 1999 or last year. Right now.

Would you take Huard over Collins?

Otter
08-29-2005, 09:48 PM

Huard diving for a first down tells me he has guts like Trent Green that are needed to play QB.

What data are you basing the Collins performance on?

Been around since 1990 and I think I remember him throwing about 3 regular season passes. He's an enigma.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Answer the question. Not like it's 1999 or last year. Right now.

Would you take Huard over Collins?

Yes. Collins is a limp fish with no courage.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
What data are you basing the Collins performance on?

Been around since 1990 and I think I remember him throwing about 3 regular season passes. He's an enigma.

His season in Buffalo. And really, when you watch him in preseason, his favorite play is "dump the ball off."

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Does it really matter who we keep. TG is the only good QB we have. If he goes down we are screwed.

Abba-Dabba
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Fug Huard and Quinn with their $665,000 ea. they collect while knowing they will never see the field.

Bring on the Killian and his measley $230,000 per yr salary.

To be honest, the 3rd QB is such an insignificant position that it doesn't matter who you put there. Might as well take the least expensive option. The Chiefs could save themselves $430,000 going with Killian.

I have a question for those that are opposed to seeing Killian as the 3rd QB. When was the last time you saw the Chiefs use their 3rd string QB in any meaningful game?