PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green,Freddie Mitchell,Kendrell Bell, corey simon news

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
from 810

Vermeil says Bell will Definitely play Saturday

Mitchell suppose to as well ... close to 100% apparently

have any interest in corey simon?

vermeil "yea,yea i would ... we really haven't talked about it"

"it's whether we have the money or not... ya i think everyone in the NFL would be interested"

"savaii is behind... he's just missed too much time"

not gonna cut savaii

vermeil have done all the test and haven't been able to find out what is wrong with Green's leg.

MRI etc...

numbness in lower right leg

can massage it away but it comes back after exercise.

jidar
08-29-2005, 03:09 PM
We've heard this before about Bell. Him saying it's "close to 100%" makes me think it's about 50/50

CoMoChief
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Im tellin ya people. Im calling it right here and now. Sign Simon and trade Priest and our next years 1st round draft pick to Carolina for Julius Peppers.

Allen, Simon, Sims, Peppers as our Dline
Bell, Johnson, Mitchell as our LB
Surtain, SAPP DAMNIT!!!, Knight, and Wesley (or maybe Bartee) as our secondary.

SUPER BOWL XL IS IN THE BAG !!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
I would trade Priest for Peppers in a heartbeat.

Hammock Parties
Mitchell's gonna need a monster game to make the roster.

ct
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Im tellin ya people. Im calling it right here and now. Sign Simon and trade Priest to Carolina for Julius Peppers and next years first rounder.

Heh, the best DE in football and a 1st round pick for a 32 year old RB who missed half of last season? I'm all for letting Homer out to stretch and play, but now it's time for him to STFD and STFU !

penguinz
08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Vermeil says Bell will Definitely play Saturday

Mitchell suppose to as well ... close to 100% apparently

from 810

vermeil also suppose to comment on Corey Simon as wellWho cares if they will be ready to play Saturday. The game is on Friday.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM

"it's whether we have the money or not... ya i think everyone in the NFL would be interested"

not gonna cut savaii

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Siavii.

beavis
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Im tellin ya people. Im calling it right here and now. Sign Simon and trade Priest and our next years 1st round draft pick to Carolina for Julius Peppers.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

CoMoChief
in a non-related subject. I don't really eat fast food all that much anymore, but I tried one of those Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supremes last night, and god damn they're amazing!

Chan93lx50
Any new on what he said about Simon?

King_Chief_Fan
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM

not gonna cut savaii

WTF............how can you keep that fat, lazy, unproductive, no talent bum around any longer?

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM

not gonna cut savaii

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-29-2005, 03:17 PM
He said he has a picture of his lilly white bum.

waiting....

CoMoChief
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

HMMMMM, I wonder where that quote could have come from. Could it be from Billy Madison?!?!?!

Uatu

Who says you can't find astute football analysis on internet message boards.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
WTF............how can you keep that fat, lazy, unproductive, no talent bum around any longer?
See Hicks... Sims...

Uatu
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
On a related note, if Mitchell and Bell are playing, then who are we going to cut to clear cap space for Superman and the Hulk?

beer bacon
08-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Heh, the best DE in football and a 1st round pick for a 32 year old RB who missed half of last season? I'm all for letting Homer out to stretch and play, but now it's time for him to STFD and STFU !

We could throw in Eric Hicks to sweeten the deal.

Lzen
08-29-2005, 03:20 PM
See Hicks... Sims...

Nope.

See his contract. It would cost the Chiefs too much to release him this soon.

beavis
08-29-2005, 03:20 PM
HMMMMM, I wonder where that quote could have come from. Could it be from Billy Madison?!?!?!
Wow, you are good.

beer bacon
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
So did Vermeil say that Bell would "definately" play or that he was "close to 100%"? Did he say both? Basically I am asking if these are direct quotes or are you guys paraphrasing DV?

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
vermeil have done all the test and haven't been able to find out what is wrong with Green's leg.

MRI etc...

ct
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM

How? Because if KC had invested a 3rd round pick in Maurice Clarett, we'd put him on IR 2 years in a row, and constantly cover up with this and that excuse, before we finally have a press conference and sigh sadly that it just didn't work out...

Lzen

Dude, are you joking? Cause if you're not, you need to step away from Madden NFL Football for awhile. Come back down to Earth and realize that this isn't a video game. Things like that don't happen in real life.

Mr. Laz
So did Vermeil say that Bell would "definately" play or that he was "close to 100%"? Did he say both? Basically I am asking if these are direct quotes or are you guys paraphrasing DV?

Mitchell is close to 100%

Bell will definitely play

completely separate comments

beer bacon
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Mitchell is close to 100%

Bell will definitely play

completely separate comments

Ahh. That makes much more sense. It is good to hear that DV is being more definate now then he was last week regarding Bell. Hopefully he won't back off this as the week progresses.

StcChief
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Carolina is interested in PH for Peppers. Sounds like dream even with our 2006 1st rounder.

Would be real nice, I don't see it happening.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Carolina is interested in PH for Peppers. Sounds like dream even with our 2006 1st rounder.

Would be real nice, I don't see it happening.
why would they trade from priest holmes when they have deshaun foster running well and stephen davis about to get healthy?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Dude, are you joking? Cause if you're not, you need to step away from Madden NFL Football for awhile. Come back down to Earth and realize that this isn't a video game. Things like that don't happen in real life.
OMG!!!!!111

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/peppers-holmes+trade

Sam
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
in a non-related subject. I don't really eat fast food all that much anymore, but I tried one of those Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supremes last night, and god damn they're amazing!

Funny, my girlfriend had one of those last night too and really liked it.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
OMG!!!!!111

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/peppers-holmes+trade

LMAO! You almost had me.

Kyle401
08-29-2005, 03:31 PM
http://news.footballguys.com/new/team.php?tid=14

Vermeil Interested In DT Simon
810 WHB in Kansas City

According to an interview with Chiefs Head Coach Dick Vermeil, WHB 810 in Kansas City is reporting that the team has a good deal of interest in signing former Eagles DT Corey Simon. Vermeil was unsure of the exact amount of cap space, but was going to confer with GM Carl Peterson on what the team was going to do.

Hopefully Carl has good news. :)

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2005, 03:34 PM
I know it sounds crazy,:bong: but I believe KC has a good chance in getting Simon. :D

htismaqe
08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
http://news.footballguys.com/new/team.php?tid=14

Vermeil Interested In DT Simon
810 WHB in Kansas City

According to an interview with Chiefs Head Coach Dick Vermeil, WHB 810 in Kansas City is reporting that the team has a good deal of interest in signing former Eagles DT Corey Simon. Vermeil was unsure of the exact amount of cap space, but was going to confer with GM Carl Peterson on what the team was going to do.

Hopefully Carl has good news. :)

ROFL

That's why I love rumor sites. Run with it!

KC Dan
08-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Unfortunately this will never happen. I wished it would but I know better...

Make it Happen, DAMMIT CARL!

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
I know it sounds crazy,:bong: but I believe KC has a good chance in getting Simon. :D

I've got the same illness. It's just a hunch..... :hmmm:

Last "hunch" like this I had was last year, though; when I thought Gun alone would fix the "D." :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ct

MRI etc...

This is a real problem!! Hopefully it's nothin, but a mystery numbness issue with our only capable QB is a serious problem.

Chan93lx50
ROFL

Yep! nothing like running around with a boner!

Kyle401
08-29-2005, 03:40 PM
ROFL

Nothing published there was a rumor unless you don't believe in the validity of a radio interview. All they said was that Vermeil was interested but, he didn't know what the salary cap situation was. They never even implied that Simon was on his way to KC.

penguinz
08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
That is how rumors start.

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2005, 03:43 PM

MRI etc...

Sounds like a circulatory or nerve issue to me, but I'm no doctor. :hmmm:

Blood clots? A pinched nerve, or bulging disc? Hopefully his doctors will figure it out soon. In any case, it doesn't sound good.... :shake:

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a circulatory or nerve issue to me, but I'm no doctor. :hmmm:

Blood clots? A pinched nerve, or bulging disc? Hopefully his doctors will figure it out soon. In any case, it doesn't sound good.... :shake:

I just spoke with my dad who's an ER Doc, and he said it's probably a disc issue.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
hows this for a new lineup?

passing downs
RE 69 Jared Allen
RT 91 Corey Simon
LT 90 Ryan Sims
LE 96 Jimmy Wilkerson

running downs

RE 93 John Browning
RT 91 Corey Simon
LT 75 Lional Dalton
LE 98 Eric Hicks

Mr. Kotter
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I just spoke with my dad who's an ER Doc, and he said it's probably a disc issue.

I've had the pinched nerve/bulging disc/ruptured disc creating similar symtoms in my arms; worsened to the point I needed neck surgery to fuse C4-C5.

It can be a nagging, and deteriorating condition though; sometimes therapy can help....anti-inflamation drugs....and rest. If that's the case, we better hope it's something therapy can address, otherwise we are screwed at QB. :(

Sam
08-29-2005, 03:50 PM

Had something like that myself. The thumb and forefinger of my left hand went numb. But, after few tripos to the Chiropractor it's all better now.

Well, that and lots of beer.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Pump Green full of drugs and get him out there!

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:54 PM
sciatic nerve issues will cause that kind numbness

the Talking Can
08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
without Green....well, we all know what happens

thankfully, unlike Bell, he isn't a flaming cooch....short of total numbness below his waist, he'll play

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Sciatica and the sciatic nerve

Sciatica introduction
Sciatica commonly refers to pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve and is typically felt in the rear, down the back of the leg and possibly to the foot. Sciatica is one of the most common forms of pain caused by compression of the spinal nerves, and the leg pain often feels much worse than the back pain.

Sciatica is actually a symptom and not a diagnosis. The term literally means that a patient has pain down the leg from compression on the sciatic nerve. The diagnosis is what is causing the compression (such as a disc herniation).

The sciatic nerve is the largest single nerve in the human body; it runs from each side of the lower spine through deep in the rear and back of the thigh, and all the way down to foot, connecting the spinal cord with the leg and foot muscles.

Sciatica pain can result when the nerve roots in the lower spine are irritated or compressed. Most often, sciatica pain is caused when the L5 or S1 nerve root in the lower spine is irritated by a herniated disc. When this happens, pain radiates into the rear and back of the thigh and calf, and occasionally may extend down to the foot. Numbness, tingling, and/or a burning or prickling sensation are also common symptoms.

Degenerative disc disease may also irritate the nerve root and cause sciatica, while conditions that mimic sciatica include piriformis syndrome and sacroiliac joint dysfunction. Sciatica may also be felt if the nerve is actually mechanically compressed, such as from spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, or arthritis in the spine.

Most cases of sciatica are caused by a simple irritation to the nerve and will get better with time and conservative care. However, some sciatica symptoms may indicate a potentially serious injury to the sciatic nerve:

If weakness or numbness is present, the nerve may be damaged and it is important to seek attention from a health care professional. If the nerve is compressed and the pain and symptoms are severe, surgery may be warranted.

If there is bowel or bladder incontinence (inability to control the bowel or bladder) and/or progressive weakness or loss of sensation in the legs, the condition may be serious and immediate medical attention should be sought.

ChiefsKing
08-29-2005, 04:03 PM
More from Q & A:

Q: Do you have any interest in Corey Simon who is now available?

VERMEIL: “I would. We haven’t talked about yet. But I plan to talk about it. I just don’t know if we have the money that it would take to get involved. He would be a tremendous addition, believe me. I think everybody in the National Football League at least has to have an interest to inquire.”

alanm
08-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Well if that's the case they need to send him to a Chiropractor and have it taken care of.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 04:04 PM
More from Q & A:

Q: Do you have any interest in Corey Simon who is now available?

VERMEIL: “I would. We haven’t talked about yet. But I plan to talk about it. I just don’t know if we have the money that it would take to get involved. He would be a tremendous addition, believe me. I think everybody in the National Football League at least has to have an interest to inquire.”

i just can't type that fast :(

ChiefsKing
08-29-2005, 04:06 PM
maybe getting rid of Woods might free up enough room. I kind of think we would take a hit on him though since he just got a new deal. We should do like we did to D. Alexander and have him rework his contract to something cap friendly so we can release him so he can go try and be a starter with someone else. otherwise, he is an expensive benchwarmer.