PDA

View Full Version : You know what bugs me? Closets.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 03:54 PM
I was thinking about this the other day when I was putting away my laundry. Closets serve no real value. I wash the clothes, I fold them or put them on hangers, and then I carry them from the clothes rod in the laundry room to the clothes rod in my closet. Why can't I just have a laundry room instead of a closet, and leave the clothes in there?

With the time I've spend moving clothes from laundry rooms to closets over the past 40 years, I could've written a book or cured Alzheimer's or something. If I ever build a house, it's not going to have closets.

Phobia
08-29-2005, 03:58 PM
My custom built line of homes will have a laundry room window or optional door directly into the master bedroom closet. There will be a large receiving table on which to set folding clothes and a rod on which to hang hanging clothes. It will be uber-efficient.

memyselfI
08-29-2005, 03:58 PM
this thead is useless without pictures or a poll...

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Phobia is about to become a millionaire.

And I tried to take a picture of my closet, but it's really dark in there. I'm kind of afraid of it.

Biohazard
08-29-2005, 04:01 PM
I was thinking about this the other day when I was putting away my laundry. Closets serve no real value. I wash the clothes, I fold them or put them on hangers, and then I carry them from the clothes rod in the laundry room to the clothes rod in my closet. Why can't I just have a laundry room instead of a closet, and leave the clothes in there?

With the time I've spend moving clothes from laundry rooms to closets over the past 40 years, I could've written a book or cured Alzheimer's or something. If I ever build a house, it's not going to have closets.
But where will you hide your hookers?

morphius
08-29-2005, 04:03 PM
You could always install one of the new washer dryer in one unit in your current closet and make it a laundry room, also saving you the time of moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer...

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm actually afraid of closets at night. I have to check to make sure the door is closed before I can sleep. Actually, come to think of it, ditto for the bedroom door.

I'm not sure why I think something is going to come in from my living room and eat me, though.

Man am I f*cked in the head.

Oh, and my closet's pretty valuable. I don't have a dresser; all my clothes are stored on my closet shelves.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 04:06 PM
when i lived in tulsa i had an extra bedroom that i turned into a laundry room.

heh...

dirty clothes on the floor on one side of the room

clean clothes on the other side

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 04:06 PM
If you're afraid of closets, get out of them.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:07 PM
The person who invents a dryer that will organize, fold, and put away clothes will be rich beyond their wildest dreams.

I'll bet the car companies or oil companies already have one, but they're just hiding it.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure why I think something is going to come in from my living room and eat me, though.

I hear that pulling the covers up over your head and making sure your toes are not exposed is also a 100% effective defense against monsters.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 04:09 PM
I hear that pulling the covers up over your head and making sure your toes are not exposed is also a 100% effective defense against monsters.You laugh, but unless I'm drunk and passing out, I can't sleep without covering my neck. It's like I'm afraid of vampires or something.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:10 PM
When I was in third grade, I was in bed and heard stuff being moved around in my closet. It kept going and was really freaking me out, especially when I saw the glowing eyes peeking out at me. My cat had a wicked sense of humor, I guess.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 04:11 PM
What I really hate is when it's so quiet at night, you can hear a pin drop, and you can't fall asleep.

The slightest noise sends chills down my spine. Then I start to sweat from fear.

Did the door just creep open? Is there a big scary alien in my room?

I CAN'T TURN AND LOOK. I'M PARALYZED FROM FEAR!

Biohazard
08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
The person who invents a dryer that will organize, fold, and put away clothes will be rich beyond their wildest dreams.

I'll bet the car companies or oil companies already have one, but they're just hiding it.
I have one, but I did'nt invent it. Her parents did! Oh hell I better shut up for she reads this!

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
I usually go to sleep listening to something on CD, so quiet isn't much of an issue.

morphius
08-29-2005, 04:13 PM
You laugh, but unless I'm drunk and passing out, I can't sleep without covering my neck. It's like I'm afraid of vampires or something.
After hearing you describe the exwife it seems to be a prudent move.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 04:14 PM
After hearing you describe the exwife it seems to be a prudent move.It wasn't necks I was worried about her sucking.

Zebedee DuBois
08-29-2005, 04:15 PM
I cannot get to sleep unless I have at least one foot sticking out of the covers exposed. Sometimes I need to have both feet out. It is kind of a temperature control thing. If I don't have a foot out, I will become too hot.

Mr. Laz
It wasn't necks I was worried about her sucking.

the postman? :shrug:

Rain Man
You laugh, but unless I'm drunk and passing out, I can't sleep without covering my neck. It's like I'm afraid of vampires or something.

I have a hard time sleeping in a bed if I don't have the covers over me, yet for some reason I can fall asleep on the kitchen floor just fine. I've never figured that out.

keg in kc
the postman?always rang twice.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 04:16 PM
I cannot get to sleep unless I have at least one foot sticking out of the covers exposed. Sometimes I need to have both feet out. It is kind of a temperature control thing. If I don't have a foot out, I will become too hot.

heh ROFL

you too huh?!

Bob Dole
08-29-2005, 04:17 PM

Bob Dole obtained a prototype that steals random socks and every 17 loads, spits out a freshly knitted sweater.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Fear is the mind killer, keg.

http://spaceop.free.fr/fiches/pics/dune_bene.jpg

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 04:18 PM
I used to do that foot thing, too, but I don't anymore. One of the benefits of being single is that I can turn my air down as low as I want and turn on the ceiling fan. Nights year round are 65-70 in my bedroom now. None of this "turn off the air, I'm cold" bullshit.

And I get to sleep all over the bed, too. Good times.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:23 PM

You do that, too? An exposed foot is the world's best temperature regulator.

sd4chiefs
08-29-2005, 04:23 PM
I was thinking of buying the house next door and turning it into one giant closet so that my wife can finally have one big enough to fit all of her clothes in.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 04:27 PM
I've alway struggled with this one:

Is it better to have the laundry room upstairs, with the bedrooms, or downstairs with the living space? It's nice to have it upstairs so that you don't have to drag the clothes up and down, but then you have to drag yourself up and down to change things around. If it's downstairs it's easier to change loads, but you have to carry the clothes back and forth.

You know, I do have the know-how to make a reverseable laundry chute. I could even make one that sent the clothes to the right room... :hmmm:

morphius
You do that, too? An exposed foot is the world's best temperature regulator.
I still stand there befuddled as I watch my wife go around the entire bed tucking in the sheets knowing damn well the first thing I'm going to have to do is kick them loose so I can get my foot out.

keg in kc
My quirk now is that I have to sleep on my stomach with one leg straight and the other pulled up almost to my chest. I sleep like that all night long, sometimes flip-flopping the legs. I can't sleep on my side or on my back. Never been able to sleep on my back, in fact.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:29 PM
I've alway struggled with this one:

Is it better to have the laundry room upstairs, with the bedrooms, or downstairs with the living space? It's nice to have it upstairs so that you don't have to drag the clothes up and down, but then you have to drag yourself up and down to change things around. If it's downstairs it's easier to change loads, but you have to carry the clothes back and forth.

You know, I do have the know-how to make a reverseable laundry chute. I could even make one that sent the clothes to the right room... :hmmm:

A laundry room/elevator/closet. Now we're talking about efficient use of space.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 04:30 PM
I have to have one arm under my pillow. Doesn't matter which. I've even tried really thick pillows, thinking maybe it was a height thing. It wasn't, I just woke up with a pain in my neck.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
A laundry room/elevator/closet. Now we're talking about efficient use of space.
True. You could be getting dressed WHILE you go downstairs. Can you put a small kitchen in there so you can make breakfast too?

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I do the one arm under the pillow thing. Sometimes I lock my hands, too, for some reason, but not often.

Bob Dole
08-29-2005, 04:33 PM
I have to have one arm under my pillow. Doesn't matter which. I've even tried really thick pillows, thinking maybe it was a height thing. It wasn't, I just woke up with a pain in my neck.

Divorce the bitch.

Skip Towne
08-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I never put my arm under my pillow. Brown recluse spiders like dark places like that.

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
It'd freak me out if I got a brown recluse spider in my ear.

morphius
08-29-2005, 04:47 PM
I never put my arm under my pillow. Brown recluse spiders like dark places like that.
Thats easily solved by flipping over the pillow to get the cold side face up.

Hammock Parties
It'd freak me out if I got a brown recluse spider in my ear.

Have you seen the infections and swelling that results from a brown recluse bite? Getting one in your EAR would be scary.

keg in kc
I found a brown recluse while I was putting laundry in the washer a few weeks back. Glad it didn't find me first.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I hear that pulling the covers up over your head and making sure your toes are not exposed is also a 100% effective defense against monsters.

You heard right...I have survived for years using this trick.:)

And if I didn't have a laundry room, where would the kids throw thier shoes, basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, baseballs, bikes and toys? And if I didn't have a closet, where would I put my shoes?:hmmm:

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I woke up probably 10 years ago, lying on my back with that feeling you get when someone is looking at you. I finally got awake enough to focus, looked down, and say a big damn spider standing on my chest staring at me. He died. It was sad.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
And if I didn't have a closet, where would I put my shoes?:hmmm:
I can think of somewhere, though it might be difficult to get them to come out in matched pairs.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 04:56 PM

YOU are supposed to check the bed before you get into it...just like you do shoes or coat sleeves.:p

4th and Long
08-29-2005, 04:58 PM
*grabs chiefs4me, throws her in the closet and locks the door*

See Kev? Closets ARE good for something. :D

*runs like hell*

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Have you seen the infections and swelling that results from a brown recluse bite? Getting one in your EAR would be scary.

I bet you'd lose a big chunk of your brain. You'd end up being one of those people who can't make change, and who listen to Britney Spears CDs.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I can think of somewhere, though it might be difficult to get them to come out in matched pairs.

Your attempt at humor on my part doesn't even make sense...:rolleyes:

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
If anyone would like, there's a great opportunity for humor in comparing the two previous posts.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 05:03 PM
If anyone would like, there's a great opportunity for humor in comparing the two previous posts.
So who's going to explain it to her?

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:04 PM
*grabs chiefs4me, throws her in the closet and locks the door*

See Kev? Closets ARE good for something. :D

*runs like hell*

:deevee:.....my walk in closet goes to the attic..with the spiders...:banghead:

On a side note, my 19 year old has been in and out of the computer room asking me stuff and messing around. He has read a few of the posts as I read them. And he said to me....you are ALL chiefs fans, on the same side? Is that right mom? And I said yes, and just looked at him, and he said, wow, you really need a win.......:deevee::banghead::cuss: He wont' be using my truck tonight.:harumph:

Now as you were...ROFL

4th and Long
08-29-2005, 05:07 PM
How odd. My walk in closet leads to my clothes. You must have one of those Twilight Zone walk in closets or something. :p

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Is chiefs4me really Anne Frank? That'd be cool to have a secret attic door in your closet.

As an aside, my house has a bookshelf that can be pulled out so you can go into a crawl space behind it. That's where I'll hide if the Nazis come looking for me.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:10 PM
So who's going to explain it to her?

Oh I understood the joke just find...just didn't think it was funny, I can think of much better slams.... it was kind of a letdown coming from him. But of course, you all can't be like Killer...you know, he has kind of spoiled it for the rest of you, it's just not the same.:shake:

Skip Towne
08-29-2005, 05:11 PM

On a side note, my 19 year old has been in and out of the computer room asking me stuff and messing around. He has read a few of the posts as I read them. And he said to me....you are ALL chiefs fans, on the same side? Is that right mom? And I said yes, and just looked at him, and he said, wow, you really need a win.......:deevee::banghead::cuss: He wont' be using my truck tonight.:harumph:

Now as you were...ROFL
Wow! I'll be your closet (and your attic) is just full of spiders. All attics have spiders. I don't know why.

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh I understood the joke just find...just didn't think it was funny, I can think of much better slams.... it was kind of a letdown coming from him. But of course, you all can't be like Killer...you know, he has kind of spoiled it for the rest of you, it's just not the same.:shake:
You missed the very obvious "shove your shoes up your a**" joke, it only seemed logical you would miss that one too.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:14 PM
How odd. My walk in closet leads to my clothes. You must have one of those Twilight Zone walk in closets or something. :p

yep, the spoiled bitch has a walk in closet that you could live in....only 2 plug ins...so you couldn't have that much electronic stuff. But you could fit a bed and dresser and still have room to hang clothes.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
You missed the very obvious "shove your shoes up your a**" joke, it only seemed logical you would miss that one too.

NO, I did not miss it...just did not find it funny, kind of like second grade humor...:rolleyes:

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
yep, the spoiled bitch has a walk in closet that you could live in....only 2 plug ins...so you couldn't have that much electronic stuff. But you could fit a bed and dresser and still have room to hang clothes.

Yeah, but if you slept in the bed you could never put your hand under the pillow because of the spiders.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Wow! I'll be your closet (and your attic) is just full of spiders. All attics have spiders. I don't know why.

closet...NO, I check daily, I hate spiders. I also am always spraying and moving stuff in the attic, so they don't have a chance to take up house. I also set traps for the spiders, yes they have traps for spiders. I spend the same amount of time in my attic as you all do your basements, because we don't have basements in texas...

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I think it's horrible that people trap spiders just to make coats out of their exoskeletons. That's barbaric.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 05:21 PM
we don't have basements in texas...

Are you sure? Everyone here says I live in a basement.

Donger
08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
I think it's horrible that people trap spiders just to make coats out of their exoskeletons. That's barbaric.

So, they should just use their hands?

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 05:29 PM
because we don't have basements in texas...
So, then not EVERYTHING is bigger in TX, huh?

Simplex3
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
So, they should just use their hands?
What does a spider-hand coat look like? And even though they have 8 hands each, how damn many do you have to kill to make a coat?

Rain Man
08-29-2005, 05:37 PM
I would imagine that it would be easy to get your hands in the sleeves of a spider coat.

The trapping thing bothers me because I imagine them chewing off one of their legs if they're caught in a trap.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
.I would imagine that it would be easy to get your hands in the sleeves of a spider coat.

The trapping thing bothers me because I imagine them chewing off one of their legs if they're caught in a trap.

ROFLROFL........silly boy....it is a little box that has sticky stuff on the floor of the box, and the spiders crawl in and get stuck, I do not know what happens after they get stuck.... I don't even know if spiders get stuck in them, I just know it makes me feel better, and I replace the box every couple of months in the hopes it is full of dead spiders....ROFL

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Are you sure? Everyone here says I live in a basement.

ROFL....you know you don't.

Skip Towne
08-29-2005, 06:02 PM

ROFLROFL........silly boy....it is a little box that has sticky stuff on the floor of the box, and the spiders crawl in and get stuck, I do not know what happens after they get stuck.... I don't even know if spiders get stuck in them, I just know it makes me feel better, and I replace the box every couple of months in the hopes it is full of dead spiders....ROFL
Spider traps don't work, they just make the spiders mad and they plan full scale invasions. Sometimes they even bring medics.

chiefs4me
08-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Spider traps don't work, they just make the spiders mad and they plan full scale invasions. Sometimes they even bring medics.

yes they do work...:deevee: the box says they do. I do know they have backup, I have seen it...even if they don't kill the spider, the traps have got to be pulling a leg or two off....:clap:

Baby Lee
08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
What I really hate is when it's so quiet at night, you can hear a pin drop, and you can't fall asleep.

The slightest noise sends chills down my spine. Then I start to sweat from fear.

Did the door just creep open? Is there a big scary alien in my room?

I CAN'T TURN AND LOOK. I'M PARALYZED FROM FEAR!
Two words, oscillating fan.

Garcia Bronco
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM

You laugh...but this is exactly what I do...I put my washer and dryer in my closet and increased the square footage. It's awesome

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
I should've said this earlier, but, Kevin, if the closet bothers you this much, you should probably go ahead and come out of it.

Rain Man
08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
You laugh...but this is exactly what I do...I put my washer and dryer in my closet and increased the square footage. It's awesome

You're extraordinarily smart for a Bron cos fan.

patteeu
08-30-2005, 11:27 AM
I should've said this earlier, but, Kevin, if the closet bothers you this much, you should probably go ahead and come out of it.

From the credit where credit is due category - post #9:

If you're afraid of closets, get out of them.

Amnorix
08-30-2005, 11:32 AM
But where will you hide your hookers?

Not his hookers, his interns. With interns like that, who needs hookers?

Biohazard
08-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Not his hookers, his interns. With interns like that, who needs hookers?
True, guess I was just thinking of myself. Rain Man probably has women hanging on him all the time in his closet!

angel
08-30-2005, 12:14 PM
closets are made for those of us who have no washer/dryer
we can't very well store our clothes at the laundrimat, now can we?

Otter
08-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm actually afraid of closets at night. I have to check to make sure the door is closed before I can sleep. Actually, come to think of it, ditto for the bedroom door.That kind of reminds me of The Blair Witch Project where night after night they kept getting into that tent then like clockwork, boom, a scary sound comes out of nowhere and thier in the tent with the flashlights on glowing like a gaint lighting bug where everyone can see them but all they can see is the inside of tent.

F#ck that, after first scary night I'm up in a big tree looking down at sh!t with a couple big rocks and a stick in the pitch black where no one can see me.

What does that have to do with locking yourself in your room? How the f#ck am I supposed to know!