PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law, part duh

the Talking Can
08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Our favorite retarded "insider" is reporting the Chiefs are trying to set up a meeting with Simon this week....he even used proper grammar to report this, so it must be serious.

discuss....

Saulbadguy
08-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Heh. Time to start posting.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh well, then. Would've been nice. But it's jinxed now.

(You know he's "reporting" this based on Vermeil's comments to the press. That's the funniest part.)

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
I wonder if we could lure Simon with all can eat pass to Gates Barbecue

the Talking Can
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
Oh well, then. Would've been nice. But it's jinxed now.

(You know he's "reporting" this based on Vermeil's comments to the press. That's the funniest part.)

yes...it's neither "insider" nor "information"....but, hey, he's got sources....and Ty Law will sign this week!!!!!!!

Brock
08-29-2005, 07:29 PM
We should know something in the next 48 hours.....

Reaper16
08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I give it 48 hours.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 07:31 PM
yes...it's neither "insider" nor "information"....but, hey, he's got sources....and Ty Law will sign this week!!!!!!!Hey, I can't fault him for his business acumen. Instead of just posting stuff free for out-of-towners to read on here, I should've started a "service" a few years ago. Might've turned listening to local sports radio into a free flow of coin. Or not.

milkman
We should know something in the next 48 hours.....

I think you're confusing the "insider" with Hartwell.

Stinger
Is he on yet?

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 07:35 PM
Has anyone ever seen him and Rhonda Moss in the same place at the same time?

milkman
08-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Has anyone ever seen him and Rhonda Moss in the same place at the same time?

Are you implying that Rhonda Moss ate him?

HolmeZz
08-29-2005, 07:37 PM
The article I saw pointed out that the Bills, Packers, Chiefs, and Redskins were probably the most interested in Simon.

keg in kc
08-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Are you implying that Rhonda Moss ate him?No, although that does raise an interesting concept. Anyone seen Total Recall? Maybe he unfolds from her belly.

milkman
08-29-2005, 07:38 PM
The article I saw pointed out that the Bills, Packers, Chiefs, and Redskins were probably the most interested in Simon.

Which article?

milkman
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
No, although that does raise an interesting concept. Anyone seen Total Recall? Maybe he unfolds from her belly.

I was thinking she regurgitates him, much like her stories, and then eats him again.

HolmeZz
08-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Which article?

Gambling, Eagles say DT Simon is out
Monday, August 29, 2005
By MARK ECKEL
Staff Writer
PHILADELPHIA - The Eagles took a $5.1 million gamble yesterday that ultimately could cost them a lot more.

Unhappy that franchise-tagged defensive tackle Corey Simon had not signed his $5.1 million tender and reported to the team, the Eagles pulled the franchise tag, making him an unrestricted free agent.

"Yeah, I was surprised," Simon, who was ready to report at the end of this week, said. "It's bittersweet for me. As far as my immediate future is concerned, I'm going to make a lot of money. But I wanted to be an Eagle."

As of today, Simon is free to sign with any team in the league - and his phone was ringing non-stop last night - and the Eagles can clear the $5.1 million from their salary cap.

"We appreciate all that Corey has done for this organization over the past five years," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "With the great amount of depth and talent we have across the defensive line, we chose to give Corey an opportunity to sign with another team."

After placing the tag on Simon, the Eagles nearly traded him to Baltimore before the draft for what was believed to be a second- and a third-round draft pick. That deal fell through when the Ravens could not come to terms with Simon on a new deal. Cincinnati and San Francisco also tried unsuccessfully to work out deals with Simon prior to the draft.

Those three teams, along with Buffalo, Green Bay, Kansas City, and perhaps NFC East rivals Washington and the Giants, could go after the 28-year-old, whose 32 sacks over the past five years ranks second in the league to LaRoi Glover. Baltimore, however, remains the favorite.

"Andy called me and told me he was happy with the linemen he had and wanted it to work out for me, too," Simon said. "I'll be somewhere soon. The season starts in a week and I don't want to miss any games."

Simon was not thrilled with the one-year tender and wanted a long-term deal with a large signing bonus. The average of $5.1 million a year would have been fine.

"There are still teams with money (under the salary cap)," Simon said. "I'm getting better offers than the Eagles would have given me. I'll be all right."

---------

And according to Adam Schefter, there's little chance he ends up in Baltimore. Take that for what it's worth. I think Buffalo's saving money for next year so they can re-sign Clements so I don't know how much they could dish out.

milkman
08-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Gambling, Eagles say DT Simon is out
Monday, August 29, 2005
By MARK ECKEL
Staff Writer
PHILADELPHIA - The Eagles took a $5.1 million gamble yesterday that ultimately could cost them a lot more.

Unhappy that franchise-tagged defensive tackle Corey Simon had not signed his $5.1 million tender and reported to the team, the Eagles pulled the franchise tag, making him an unrestricted free agent.

"Yeah, I was surprised," Simon, who was ready to report at the end of this week, said. "It's bittersweet for me. As far as my immediate future is concerned, I'm going to make a lot of money. But I wanted to be an Eagle."

As of today, Simon is free to sign with any team in the league - and his phone was ringing non-stop last night - and the Eagles can clear the $5.1 million from their salary cap.

"We appreciate all that Corey has done for this organization over the past five years," Eagles head coach Andy Reid said in a statement. "With the great amount of depth and talent we have across the defensive line, we chose to give Corey an opportunity to sign with another team."

After placing the tag on Simon, the Eagles nearly traded him to Baltimore before the draft for what was believed to be a second- and a third-round draft pick. That deal fell through when the Ravens could not come to terms with Simon on a new deal. Cincinnati and San Francisco also tried unsuccessfully to work out deals with Simon prior to the draft.

Those three teams, along with Buffalo, Green Bay, Kansas City, and perhaps NFC East rivals Washington and the Giants, could go after the 28-year-old, whose 32 sacks over the past five years ranks second in the league to LaRoi Glover. Baltimore, however, remains the favorite.

"Andy called me and told me he was happy with the linemen he had and wanted it to work out for me, too," Simon said. "I'll be somewhere soon. The season starts in a week and I don't want to miss any games."

Simon was not thrilled with the one-year tender and wanted a long-term deal with a large signing bonus. The average of $5.1 million a year would have been fine.

"There are still teams with money (under the salary cap)," Simon said. "I'm getting better offers than the Eagles would have given me. I'll be all right."

---------

And according to Adam Schefter, there's little chance he ends up in Baltimore. Take that for what it's worth. I think Buffalo's saving money for next year so they can re-sign Clements so I don't know how much they could dish out.

Thanks.

The paragraph that mentions the Chiefs appears to be speculation more than anything substantial.

teedubya
08-29-2005, 07:47 PM
he would be a nice addition... but its pie in the sky. And not that good veteran pie, either.

HolmeZz
08-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks.

The paragraph that mentions the Chiefs appears to be speculation more than anything substantial.

I don't think I said differently. Wasn't trying to make it out to be more than that atleast.

milkman
08-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I don't think I said differently. Wasn't trying to make it out to be more than that atleast.

I was just thinking out loud.
I wasn't implying that you made it seem anything other than that.

shaneo69
08-29-2005, 08:05 PM
I am pretty confident that Simon will be a Chief....if he is willing to sign for the right price.

milkman
08-29-2005, 08:20 PM

I am pretty confident that Simon will be a Chief....if he is willing to sign for the right price.

There's the 'right price'.

I'm don't think the Chiefs could come up with that kind of cap space, even if Carl hired the Donkey's 'capologist' to 'crunch' numbers.

the Talking Can
08-29-2005, 08:32 PM

ROFL

I don't know if that was intentional...but that was a perfect imitation of Nick Athan.

well done

the Talking Can
08-29-2005, 08:32 PM
No, although that does raise an interesting concept. Anyone seen Total Recall? Maybe he unfolds from her belly.

nice

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 10:31 PM
How could you be confident about the guy signing with the Chiefs when other teams have more cap room. You were probably confident about Law too.

beer bacon
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
How could you be confident about the guy signing with the Chiefs when other teams have more cap room. You were probably confident about Law too.

The Eagles are totally going to resign him. They have 15 million in cap room after releasing him.

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 11:48 PM
I can't believe they let the guy get away. Its not like he is a Simms that has not lived up to being a high draft pick. It was a big mistake-and since we play them this year I am glad they did it. I hope he goes to the NFC if we don't get him.

Mecca
08-29-2005, 11:58 PM
"Let him get away" They obviously don't feel he's worth what hes asking. It has nothing to do with letting him get away, they chose to part with him. Same as they did Trotter a few years ago. This is typical Eagles you start holding out asking for an insane amount of money they replace you.

The Eagles are one of the most cap savvy teams in the league. They let older veterans go, replace them with younger, cheaper players. Theres a reason the Eagles are good and have cap room at the same time.

The Eagles are shrewd no question, they waited until there was no money on the market for him, then released him. That's a hell of a way to stick it to a guy thats irritating you by holding out. Replacing him with another player then kicking him to the curb when hardly any money is available.

Bowser
08-29-2005, 11:59 PM
"Let him get away" They obviously don't feel he's worth what hes asking. It has nothing to do with letting him get away, they chose to part with him. Same as they did Trotter a few years ago. This is typical Eagles you start holding out asking for an insane amount of money they replace you.

The Eagles are one of the most cap savvy teams in the league. They let older veterans go, replace them with younger, cheaper players. Theres a reason the Eagles are good and have cap room at the same time.

The Eagles are shrewd no question, they waited until there was no money on the market for him, then released him. That's a hell of a way to stick it to a guy thats irritating you by holding out. Replacing him with another player then kicking him to the curb when hardly any money is available.

Didn't they do the same thing to Trotter a few years back?

Sure-Oz
08-30-2005, 12:00 AM
but can he play CB???

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 12:19 AM
Your right Mecca I hope TO doesn't hold out and ask for an insane amount of money after just signing a contract for an insane amount of money.