PDA

View Full Version : Madden is Senile...

penguinz
08-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Just made the comment that when healthy STL is the toughest offense to play against in the NFL.

Fishpicker
08-29-2005, 08:43 PM
his game sucks too. too old.

Old Dog
08-29-2005, 08:45 PM
PLEASE tell me you're not just now figuring that out.

milkman
08-29-2005, 08:46 PM
I am so sick of John Madden, I can't even verbalize it.

Would someone just stick a fork in him?
The bigger the fork, the better.

A pitch fork would be great.

RealSNR
08-29-2005, 09:03 PM
QB: Chiefs
OL: Chiefs
RB: Chiefs
TE: Chiefs
FB: Chiefs
WR: Rams

Yep. Those must be some damn good receivers they got in St. Louis

stevieray
08-29-2005, 09:13 PM
It's getting close to impossible to listen to any of the commentators.

I'm getting tired of them overselling a game that already sells itself.

chagrin
08-30-2005, 06:32 AM
He also said Marshall Faulk is the smartest man in the NFL

Amnorix
08-30-2005, 06:46 AM
Just made the comment that when healthy STL is the toughest offense to play against in the NFL.

Well, he's right. I mean, it's still 1999 right? RIGHT?

That guy is lost his fastball a long, long time ago. I swear I have no idea how he continues to survive. It's really kind of sad. He WAS a very good NFL coach, and he WAS a very good NFL announcer.

This is like watching the former superstar athlete who is waaaay past his prime but won't give it up, so he plays that one final, embarassing year. Of course, in Madden's case, it's like 10 final, embarassing years....

StcChief
08-30-2005, 08:26 AM
has been for years

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Madden will suck the cock of whatever team(s) he happens to be covering. Every game he ever does just happens to feature the best offensive line, or most explosive kick returner, or best special teams, or best defensive lineman in the league. It's weird how he always gets those prime assignments.

MOhillbilly
08-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Girls love Madden,atleast the one ive talked to.

morphius
08-30-2005, 08:32 AM
It's getting close to impossible to listen to any of the commentators.

That is pretty much exactly where I have been for a few years now.

I do often wonder if as people learn more about football, whether this almost has to happen.

jidar1
08-30-2005, 08:35 AM
The thing Madden is good for, is making the average NFL fan feel smart.

Nzoner
08-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I do often wonder if as people learn more about football, whether this almost has to happen.

Yep,when my mrs rolls her eyes at some of his comments it's definitely time for him to hang 'em up.

chagrin
08-30-2005, 08:40 AM
He DID, however, analyze that Fullback draw play pretty good last night. I was watching with my girl (she's trying to learn more about the game, baby steps). Detroit had 4th and 1 and they ran that play. He said "I never liked that play, the reason you have a fullback, two guys in the backfield is to block for your halfback (old school stuff) and if you give the ball to the fullback you take away the blocker. Actually a good point. But the rest was was blah blah blah "he's a load" "probably one of the best QB's", "what a story" "hit him in the ahole" etc...just BLAH!

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Well, he's right. I mean, it's still 1999 right? RIGHT?

That guy is lost his fastball a long, long time ago. I swear I have no idea how he continues to survive. It's really kind of sad. He WAS a very good NFL coach, and he WAS a very good NFL announcer.

This is like watching the former superstar athlete who is waaaay past his prime but won't give it up, so he plays that one final, embarassing year. Of course, in Madden's case, it's like 10 final, embarassing years....

You better not talk about Jerry Rice that way. Taco will be here soon.

siberian khatru
08-30-2005, 08:45 AM

Well said.

KCTitus
08-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Speaking of MNF...anyone catch the MNF 36 greatest moments over the weekend?

Nzoner
08-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Speaking of MNF...anyone catch the MNF 36 greatest moments over the weekend?

Dammit,I forgot and missed it.

Where did the '94 Chiefs vs. Broncos end up?

chagrin
08-30-2005, 08:58 AM
God that was an awesome game. I had just moved to Colorado a month before. Just unreal. Willi Davis with that corner grab!!! Yeah baby!

KCTitus
08-30-2005, 09:01 AM
Dammit,I forgot and missed it.

Where did the '94 Chiefs vs. Broncos end up?

MichaelH
08-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Madden will suck the cock of whatever team(s) he happens to be covering. Every game he ever does just happens to feature the best offensive line, or most explosive kick returner, or best special teams, or best defensive lineman in the league. It's weird how he always gets those prime assignments.

And he changes from quarter to quarter. Remember the Chiefs/Ravens game last year? He was slobbering all over Ray Lewis and the Ravens D until Lewis got knocked silly then he switched sides and started loving the Chiefs.

KCTitus
08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I like Madden more when all he did was Cowboys games with Summerall..that way I rarely saw him.

Nzoner
08-30-2005, 10:16 AM

Thanks,I tried searching for the whole list but found nothing.