PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if Carl cut a 3rd round pick...

Marco Polo
08-29-2005, 08:55 PM
In this years draft ala the Broncos. We would be calling for his head!

beer bacon
08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
What would you do if the Chiefs cut Siavii tomorrow?

COchief
08-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Ummm, Freeman, Sheehee, Lane, Easy, Riley, Morris, Cloud, and soon to be Siavi.

I don't really think riding the pine for a year before the cut really makes it all that much better.

Although, I do love to see the mastermind exposed for the feeble minded idiot that he is. PBJ

milkman
08-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Yes we would, and rightly so.

If Donkey fans aren't pissed that the Rat wasted a 3rd round pick, then they only prove what we've known all along.

They ain't all that bright.

CosmicPal
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM
If we had won a couple of Super Bowls since he's been here then he can cut anyone he wants. Until then, he's judged and evaluated by this many Super Bowl wins: 0

milkman
08-29-2005, 09:14 PM
If we had won a couple of Super Bowls since he's been here then he can cut anyone he wants. Until then, he's judged and evaluated by this many Super Bowl wins: 0

Winning a SB 8 years ago with a team that was pretty much in place, wouldn't buy him a free pass, at least not from me.

Mr. Laz
08-29-2005, 09:25 PM
friggin our 2nd round picks have been a disaster...

what's the point of the question again?

jspchief
08-29-2005, 09:30 PM
I'd be pissed. Just like I'm pissed when we cut any of our high draft picks.

It would just sting that much more in this case, because the rest of the football world knew it was stupid to draft him in the first place.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Props to Shanahan though for admitting a mistake right away, instead of wasting a roster spot having him spend a year on the pine or something...

I don't know what he was thinking when he drafted him though...

go bo
08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
i'll be pissed all right if they cut the new punter kid with the bionic leg...

Color Red
08-29-2005, 09:43 PM
About Shanahan. Remember in the offseason he was taking what most saw as risks with all of his moves, drafting Clarett, the Browns deal, drafting DB's instead of obvious need players like WR's, the Ron Dayne deal? (The Middlebrooks deal is going to end up looking great.) A real gambler keeps taking chances not hoping they all work out --that's not realistic. A gambler keeps taking chances hoping one or two work out. The Browns deal is looking good for him now, Ron Dayne has looked like what everybody thought he should look like when he was drafted, and you'll see this new CB for them, Williams. I think people are going to be calling Shanny genius again by year's end.

What's interesting is, around here in Bronco-land, that no one acts like they had any idea that Clarett had all the warning signs of a fiasco. Out of shape, slow, bad work ethic, bad team attitude.

I'll be curious by season's end or in a few years about other players drafted after Clarett that will have made an impact. 'Course that's coming from a fan still smarting from the Todd Blackledge draft so many years ago...

milkman
08-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Props to Shanahan though for admitting a mistake right away, instead of wasting a roster spot having him spend a year on the pine or something...

I don't know what he was thinking when he drafted him though...

"I'm the Mastermind. I can do no wrong."

Otter
08-29-2005, 09:44 PM

Won a couple super bowls...:spock:

Hell, a post season victory every 10 years would have me dancing in the streets at this point in the game. Not sure I'll set my sights too much lower.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 10:00 PM
About Shanahan. Remember in the offseason he was taking what most saw as risks with all of his moves, drafting Clarett, the Browns deal, drafting DB's instead of obvious need players like WR's, the Ron Dayne deal? (The Middlebrooks deal is going to end up looking great.) A real gambler keeps taking chances not hoping they all work out --that's not realistic. A gambler keeps taking chances hoping one or two work out. The Browns deal is looking good for him now, Ron Dayne has looked like what everybody thought he should look like when he was drafted, and you'll see this new CB for them, Williams. I think people are going to be calling Shanny genius again by year's end.

That's really swell. Problem is, this isn't Vegas. It's the NFL. It's not about gambling. It's about getting the most out of the limited number of draft picks you have.

There's nothing admirable about striking out while swinging for the fence. There's a slew of players that the Rat passed on to take Clarrett, including several good RBs. Instead of playing it safe and getting someone that could help his team, the Rat made a bold move in an effort to look like a genius again by proving the entire football world wrong. Now instead, he looks like a fool, and his team missed out on a pretty good athlete that should have been taken in place of SloMo.

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Shanahan will be on his way out after they fail to make the playoffs this year. When Jake the fake implodes yet again, the Browns D line fails, and when they lose twice to the Chiefs. His days are numbered.

Logical
08-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Nothing, I am really hoping he is going to cut a very high second round pick. Siavii.

Logical
08-29-2005, 10:17 PM
What would you do if the Chiefs cut Siavii tomorrow?Do the happy dance PBJ PBJ

go bo
08-29-2005, 10:20 PM
don't get on y0ur feet just yet, old boy...

they apparently see something in junior that we don't...

'cause we sure don't... :( :( :(

Logical
08-29-2005, 10:23 PM
don't get on y0ur feet just yet, old boy...

they apparently see something in junior that we don't...

'cause we sure don't... :( :( :(

I have seen this before, this is Carl's pride keeping a person on the roster that does not belong. It is bad enough Carl makes his mistakes, but he multiplies them by cutting players that should be given a chance so he won't have to admit his mistakes.

TEX
08-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Nothing, I am really hoping he is going to cut a very high second round pick. Siavii.

I'll be dancing with you if that happens. DV indicated today that he's not gonna cut him. He says the talent's there - he's just behind. WTF? :banghead:

jspchief
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I have seen this before, this is Carl's pride keeping a person on the roster that does not belong. It is bad enough Carl makes his mistakes, but he multiplies them by cutting players that should be given a chance so he won't have to admit his mistakes.There might be something to the "pride" thing.

But I also think there's something to the "salary cap" thing, and the "not giving up too soon on a guy that's been injured more than healthy" thing, not to mention the "don't have anyone much better" thing.

Cutting Siavii would hit us pretty hard in the cap. Beyond that, I think it's too early to quit on him (although I think he sucks and will never amount to anything). You have to give these high draft picks a chance to develop, especially when they've missed so much football due to injury.

Besides, who are we wanting to keep in his place? It's not like we have a line of DTs making a big impression.