PDA

View Full Version : Simon...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Had to whore him... ROFL

But seriously, I think Simon would make a bigger impact than Ty Law would for our team.

Everyone knows it all starts up front.

jspchief
08-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I certainly prefer the idea of Simon over Law. It's not that I didn't think Law would be good. I just didn't like the idea of a 50 million dollar secondary, with a 20 million dollar front seven.

It just seems like a better distribution of the talent/money.

I have to think Simon's contract demands are way out of our ballpark though. I question whether we really could have afforded Law, and Simon will come at a much higher price.

milkman
08-29-2005, 09:15 PM
I guess the right price was "free". ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Per Chiefsplanet rules, I have to practice misspelling his name...

Symon...

Simen

Simeon

Simin

Cory

Corey

Korey

Kory

Kori

Korie

Koriy

Koryi

Khorie

Chorieieieieieiy

Steve

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 10:33 PM
You guys get excited about anything on here. Jeez how many Simon threads do we need.

beer bacon
08-29-2005, 10:35 PM
You guys get excited about anything on here. Jeez how many Simon threads do we need.

I am sorry Halfcan. Not everyone can be a quality poster like yourself.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2005, 10:43 PM

DirecTV has top ranking customer satisfaction.

Mecca
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Halfcan's just upset that he didn't start the thread. Now he has to think of something else to post about to reach his usual 8 a day.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2005, 11:44 PM
SIMON SAYS....SIGN ME!

http://org-www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ICBLCJCIIHCN/simon_041219.jpg

Halfcan
08-29-2005, 11:55 PM
I would love to have the guy, but do you really think Uncle Lamar is going to cough up another 50 mil deal? Simms and Simon in the middle has a nice ring to it-lets start a, Sign Simon fund-if everyone on the Planet just puts in, say 50,000 that ought to do it.

Mecca
08-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Simon looks like he wants a cheesburger in that picture..........

Also there is no way in hell he will get a 50 million dollar deal. Casey Hampton just signed the other day and got in the 22-23 million range. Simon isn't that much better than Hampton if at all.

Pants
08-30-2005, 12:02 AM
I would love to have the guy, but do you really think Uncle Lamar is going to cough up another 50 mil deal? Simms and Simon in the middle has a nice ring to it-lets start a, Sign Simon fund-if everyone on the Planet just puts in, say 50,000 that ought to do it.

I got my 50,000 bolivars right here...

Bowser
08-30-2005, 12:03 AM
What does 50,000 pesos get me?

Mecca
08-30-2005, 12:05 AM
What does 50,000 pesos get me?

Something from a Mexican hooker that you probably don't want.........

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I think he is better than Hampton for one, plus it is called supply and demand. With all the teams interested his agent is going to want a 5 to seven year deal with a min of 8 to 15 mil bonus. Maybe he will take less, but I doubt it.

Mecca
08-30-2005, 12:13 AM
When you are a free agent right now, there isn't that much money out there. This isn't March and the start of free agency, this is right before the season. He can't get what he thinks his value is right now, no one has the cap room to throw it around.

By the way Hampton is as good he just doesn't have the sack numbers because he's playing nose in a 3-4. Something that is extremely difficult to do, and he's been a pro bowler doing it.

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 12:28 AM
So do you want the guy or what Mecca, your flip floppin more than DV talking about if Bell is gonna play. I don't think this guy is going to be cheap-he turned down 5 mil for one year from a Superbowl caliber team. You think he will sign for 20 to 30 mil, cap room or not? Since when did the Redskins give a crap about the cap anyway, they have to be the front runners.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Any updated news concerning the Simon situation. I believe KC could get him if they desire too. I know cap issues , and perverbial crazy bastard tag :bong:. It' a gut feeling, and I got the same hunch with the DJ ordeal.

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 12:24 PM
It's not about the cap.

It's about the CASH.

Simon will get a deal that costs less than $2M against this year's cap but guarantees him $8M money. That's my bet.

Kyle401
08-30-2005, 01:59 PM
I think it would be funny if he ended up signing with Philly for a deal which pays him less than what they previously offered him. Removing his franchise tag gives them substantial cap space for this season. After he looks around, he may find that no one else can afford to give him a better offer.

tyton75
08-30-2005, 02:46 PM

Simon and Sims??

I would think it would be MUCH better to have Dalton and Simon in the middle... but thats just me

Hammock Parties
08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Simon and Sims??

I would think it would be MUCH better to have Dalton and Simon in the middle... but thats just me

It's rotational anyway. Bring in Sims on passing downs.

keg in kc
08-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Simon would be a nice addition, no doubt, but I wish a top-shelf end was on the market. I can live with Sims (especially the way he looks now) and Dalton and scrubs 3/4 at tackle, but I haven't seen a single Chiefs DE in the preseason who looks like backup material, much less a starter. Hell, Wilkerson's looked better than both Hicks and Allen. Although Hall did look pretty good for the handful of plays he could handle. Simon would have an impact, but I don't think he'd be enough to turn our ends into anything worthwhile.

Hopefully they'll look better when the games count and the scheme's being run. That's pretty much the only thing I've seen during the preseason that worried me.

Dave Lane
08-30-2005, 04:41 PM
Has there been a Simon sighting?

Dave

Rausch
08-30-2005, 04:44 PM

Dave

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2005, 04:52 PM

Dave

610's Rhonda Moss reported that his wife is looking at houses in KC as we speak...

milkman
08-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Any updated news concerning the Simon situation. I believe KC could get him if they desire too. I know cap issues , and perverbial crazy bastard tag :bong:. It' a gut feeling, and I got the same hunch with the DJ ordeal.

Gotta give you credit.

You did keep pimping him, insisting that we had a chance to get him, when almost everyone else told you it wasn't possible.

But we ain't gonna get Simon.
Not gonna happen.

milkman
08-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Simon and Sims??

If Sims shows up for the season the way he has for the preseason, then he might well finally start living up to that 6th overall pick potential.

milkman
08-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Simon would be a nice addition, no doubt, but I wish a top-shelf end was on the market. I can live with Sims (especially the way he looks now) and Dalton and scrubs 3/4 at tackle, but I haven't seen a single Chiefs DE in the preseason who looks like backup material, much less a starter. Hell, Wilkerson's looked better than both Hicks and Allen. Although Hall did look pretty good for the handful of plays he could handle. Simon would have an impact, but I don't think he'd be enough to turn our ends into anything worthwhile.

Hopefully they'll look better when the games count and the scheme's being run. That's pretty much the only thing I've seen during the preseason that worried me.

If we're living in a pipe dream world, if we signed Simon, then John Browning could be moved out to DE, where he belongs.

ROYC75
08-30-2005, 05:07 PM
SIMON SAYS....SIGN ME!

http://org-www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/ICBLCJCIIHCN/simon_041219.jpg

No ... Simple Simon says .... Pay Me !