PDA

View Full Version : Is Fujita, Barber, FredEx, Woods, Huard, Quinn or Harts trade worthy?

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
I understand that these guys probably don't have any trade value. But, year after year, my pet peeve is cutting players that may have a little trade value. Even a 7th round pick would make me happy. Kevin Sampson was a 7th round pick, so it is valueable to us. Do you think we could trade any of these guys for a 6th or 7th? I've heard from the news media over the past couple of weeks that the Chiefs might trade Fujita. That would be good. What about Woods? Does he have any value? When Barber is healthy, rather than have him sit on the bench, I'd rather trade him. Also, FredEx was a 1st round pick. Do you think someone would give us a 6th or 7th for him? I guess I'm just dreamin'. :rolleyes:

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 10:04 AM
I hope the rumors are true about trading Fujita. Of these guys, I think he's the most tradeable.

Bwana
08-30-2005, 10:07 AM
For what, A six of Bud?

jidar1
08-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I think that fans consistently overvalue the "trade value" of players. We can't trade our "almost but not quite starter quailty" players because everybody has a ton of those. Fujita is the exception here, but little else.

HolmeZz
08-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Fujita has trade value. He was a 5th round pick who's exceeded expectations(in my opinion) up to this point in his career.

And you never know what teams will give up anyway. We got 2 picks from Green Bay for Truluck like a year or two ago.

Cormac
08-30-2005, 10:15 AM
I think that fans consistently overvalue the "trade value" of players. We can't trade our "almost but not quite starter quailty" players because everybody has a ton of those. Fujita is the exception here, but little else.

IMO, fans consistently overvalue draft picks. Building through the draft is the best way to build a lasting team, but how often does it work. IMO, for a team that needs a starting OLB, or quality depth, Fujita would be worth a late-round pick. I don't think we'd get a 5th, but for the right team I certainly think he's worth a 5th. In any case, I hope we keep him. I'm not sold on Fox at all (yet), and Bell does have injury concerns - real or exaggerated.

As for the others, Barber has no value until he proves his fitness again. Maybe this offseason if he gets PT in the 2nd half of this year. But I doubt it. Woods certainly has no trade value assuming his contract would go with him. And FredEx was available a few months ago, and all he has done since is prove a lingering injury problem.

chagrin
08-30-2005, 10:25 AM
no

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2005, 10:28 AM
I understand that these guys probably don't have any trade value. But, year after year, my pet peeve is cutting players that may have a little trade value. Even a 7th round pick would make me happy. Kevin Sampson was a 7th round pick, so it is valueable to us. Do you think we could trade any of these guys for a 6th or 7th? I've heard from the news media over the past couple of weeks that the Chiefs might trade Fujita. That would be good. What about Woods? Does he have any value? When Barber is healthy, rather than have him sit on the bench, I'd rather trade him. Also, FredEx was a 1st round pick. Do you think someone would give us a 6th or 7th for him? I guess I'm just dreamin'. :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

I think it's feasible.

jspchief
08-30-2005, 10:33 AM
We picked Mitchell up off the street. No trade value.
We picked Quinn up off the street. No trade value.
Barber is PUP. No trade value.
Woods sucks. No trade value.
Huard sucks. No trade value.
Harts sucks. No trade value.

Fujita is the only guy that has any value, and I think the team is going to keep him.

Frankie
08-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Fujita has trade value. He was a 5th round pick who's exceeded expectations(in my opinion) up to this point in his career.

And you never know what teams will give up anyway. We got 2 picks from Green Bay for Truluck like a year or two ago.
I agree. Fuji should bring a 4 or even (if I may dream) a 3. The rest of the bunch mentioned by Gunther-fan, we should garage-sale them and pick up 6s and 7s. I've been making the same point that every once in a while we've come up with gems in the 6th or 7th round.

Rain Man
08-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Don't be talking about trading Harts. I like Harts.

penchief
08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
I hope the rumors are true about trading Fujita. Of these guys, I think he's the most tradeable.

What rumors?

Fujita is the only one with trade value, IMO.

We would never get what he is worth which is at least a fourth-rounder and possibly a third-rounder. I happen to believe he is undervalued by Chief fans and will get better as a pro. I hope we keep him.

Any team that recognizes his abilities and his upside might be willing to part with a fourth-round pick, IMO.

Frankie
08-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Don't be talkin8 about tradin8 Harts. I like Harts.
I corrected it for you.

penchief
08-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Don't be talking about trading Harts. I like Harts.

Me, too.

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 11:26 AM
I think that fans consistently overvalue the "trade value" of players. We can't trade our "almost but not quite starter quailty" players because everybody has a ton of those. Fujita is the exception here, but little else. I tend to agree.

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 11:26 AM
We got 2 picks from Green Bay for Truluck like a year or two ago. Exactly! This makes my point.

AirForceChief
08-30-2005, 11:35 AM
We picked Mitchell up off the street. No trade value.
We picked Quinn up off the street. No trade value.
Barber is PUP. No trade value.
Woods sucks. No trade value.
Huard sucks. No trade value.
Harts sucks. No trade value.

Fujita is the only guy that has any value, and I think the team is going to keep him.

Exactly.

+Mitchell banged up, proven nothing...

+Woods' big contract = salary cap hit if cut, so get used to a high priced back up...

+Fujita too valuable as a back up with the precarious health of Bell and the lack of experience amoung the rest of the LBs.

The only one I disagree on is Harts...he's shown enough to keep around and he's inexpensive. I haven't seen any other S step up to make me think otherwise...

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Exactly.

+Mitchell banged up, proven nothing...

+Woods' big contract = salary cap hit if cut, so get used to a high priced back up...

+Fujita too valuable as a back up with the precarious health of Bell and the lack of experience amoung the rest of the LBs.

The only one I disagree on is Harts...he's shown enough to keep around and he's inexpensive. I haven't seen any other S step up to make me think otherwise...

Of the safeties, someone's got to go. They'll only keep 4. Knight, Wesley, Bartee are locks. Woods or Harts will be the 4th. One of them will have to go.

StcChief
08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Hate to say it Woods/Harts, probably Harts or to PS.

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
I think the people that think Fujita is too valuable to get rid of are underestimating the Chiefs...

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Hate to say it Woods/Harts, probably Harts or to PS. I don't think Harts can be put on the PS.

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 11:48 AM
I don't think Harts can be put on the PS.

He can't.

AirForceChief
08-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Hate to say it Woods/Harts, probably Harts or to PS.

Agree, unless there is some salary cap magic that can be worked out, I'm afraid Harts is gone.

AirForceChief
08-30-2005, 11:55 AM
I think the people that think Fujita is too valuable to get rid of are underestimating the Chiefs...

Who in particular? Grigsby? Griffin? Scanlon? Stills? Fox?

Johnson, Mitchell, Bell (if healthy) start in the 4-3 base...who do you have ahead of Fujita?

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2005, 12:14 PM
I think Woods is long gone. He's old, slow and hasn't proven that he's worthy of a roster spot this year. Harts is young and cheap.

There's no trade value in any of those guys, including Fujita. It would be astonishing if the Chiefs could even get 7th round pick for him, especially since teams know he's on the bubble.

Whoever suggested a third rounder for Fujita is wearing their Chiefs blinders. Travis Henry was worth only a third round pick this year, and he's a far superior player to Fujita.

Dane

htismaqe
08-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Who in particular? Grigsby? Griffin? Scanlon? Stills? Fox?

Johnson, Mitchell, Bell (if healthy) start in the 4-3 base...who do you have ahead of Fujita?

It's not about who *I* have ahead of Fujita.

I think the Chiefs have Griffin, Fox, and Stills ahead of him at OLB. Both Fujita and Scanlon will likely be gone.

Kylo Ren
08-30-2005, 12:19 PM
I think Woods is long gone. He's old, slow and hasn't proven that he's worthy of a roster spot this year. Harts is young and cheap.

There's no trade value in any of those guys, including Fujita. It would be astonishing if the Chiefs could even get 7th round pick for him, especially since teams know he's on the bubble.

Whoever suggested a third rounder for Fujita is wearing their Chiefs blinders. Travis Henry was worth only a third round pick this year, and he's a far superior player to Fujita.

Dane OUCH! :banghead:

Frankie
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Whoever suggested a third rounder for Fujita is wearing their Chiefs blinders.
That was me. You wanna step outside?

Duck Dog
08-30-2005, 12:43 PM

Dane

Thanks for typing that for me. I think too many fans confuse Madden with the real NFL.

kc rush
08-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Why trade for someone who is more than likely going to be cut anyway?

-FredEx
-Woods or Harts
-Huard or Quinn

Save your draft picks and wait for cut-down day.

Fuji has some value, but probably more value at depth for the Chiefs than they could get trading him. Barber is on the PUP so he won't be going anywhere for a while.

Mr. Laz
08-30-2005, 01:38 PM
fujita does ... the rest are pretty much chum bait

Uatu
08-30-2005, 01:44 PM
What's funny is that if Mitchell plays on Saturday and hauls in one catch for a TD, you will all be all over his nuts again.

Flustrated
08-30-2005, 01:46 PM
I personally would KEEP Harts, and trade wesley, and Woods, I thought Shaunard did an wasome job filling in for Woods 2 years ago. It sure would free up a ton of much needed cap space too. :thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote
08-30-2005, 01:57 PM
CP meltdown
Harts cut
Pile cut