PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre's family home destroyed.

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 10:29 PM
Dang does this guy have bad luck or what? At least his Mom made it out of the house safe and to higher ground. Whats next for my fav. player?

BigRedChief
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
espn article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2147301

Phobia
08-30-2005, 10:32 PM
What's next for him? He'll probably buy another multi-million dollar compound tomorrow with hundred dollar bills collected from his couch cushions.

Scorp
08-30-2005, 10:35 PM
What's next for him?

I would start drinking again, if I were him. :hmmm:

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
lol Phobia-it sounded like his mom was still in his boyhood home-she hid in the attic. I am just glad his family is okay. He has had some big losses in the last few years. I hope he has a big year on the field as well.

BigRedChief
08-30-2005, 10:39 PM
I would start drinking again, if I were him. :hmmm:
Wasn't it pills?:hmmm: Just to be safe maybe he should start up both?

Scorp
08-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Wasn't it pills?:hmmm:

You may be right about that. All I know is that he dried out here in Topeka once.

Halfcan
08-30-2005, 10:43 PM
Yeah it was pain pills he was addicted to from several injuries. But he overcame it, won a Superbowl and mutiple MVPS. This guy is just amazing.

NJ Chief Fan
08-31-2005, 12:03 AM
yea favre hasnt been the same qb since he stopped drinking...more power to him on that...but what a shitty couple of years its been for him

RedDread
08-31-2005, 05:47 AM
Farve has to be the unluckiest multimillionare-with-a-huge-fan-following-and-a-city-in-his-back-pocket-ever!

chagrin
08-31-2005, 06:21 AM
Yeah it was pain pills he was addicted to from several injuries. But he overcame it, won a Superbowl and mutiple MVPS. This guy is just amazing.

Didn't; he win the MVP's when he was an "active addict?"

KChiefs1
08-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Wasn't it pills?:hmmm: Just to be safe maybe he should start up both?

Vicodin :drool:

Duck Dog
08-31-2005, 07:35 AM
I bet his family isn't looting. They probably had enough sense to actually get out of the way of the storm.

Rain Man
08-31-2005, 08:46 AM
I bet his family isn't looting. They probably had enough sense to actually get out of the way of the storm.

Or perhaps Brett sent down his jewel-encrusted private jet to pick them up.

Lzen
08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Didn't; he win the MVP's when he was an "active addict?"

Strange, that. I was watching one of the ESPN's (Classic?) the other day and saw something about a pitcher in the 70s pitched a no-hitter while tripping on acid. :eek: I'm still trying to comprehend that one. :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-31-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm getting more than a little beyond sick of having to suffer through all of Brett Favre's personal tragedy's with him.

Iowanian
08-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Thats mighty rough luck for Favre....but he's a gajillionaire, who will be able to take care of his family.

I'm going to keep the majority of my simpathies for those too poor to do anything about anything.

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Strange, that. I was watching one of the ESPN's (Classic?) the other day and saw something about a pitcher in the 70s pitched a no-hitter while tripping on acid. :eek: I'm still trying to comprehend that one. :shake:

Yep really happened. Pticher for the pirates. Thought it was an off day and he was pitching the next day. Talks to kids about drugs now. Saw something on him on HBO

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-31-2005, 10:04 AM
This guy is just amazing.
..and we're never allowed to forget it.

Give me a break. Plenty of people have things worse than Favre. Even other rich and famous people. I feel as bad for him as I do anyone going through anything. They can stop building the pedestal under him any day now though imo.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Or perhaps Brett sent down his jewel-encrusted private jet to pick them up.

I know what you mean, "let's all feel sorry for the millionaire", and I agree.
To be fair: during his press conference yesterday Favre said something along the lines of 'hey, every time I get to asking why me I tell myself of all the things I have to be thankful for. I get to play in the NFL for the Packers, which is a tremendous privelege. I have a lifestyle that is beyond my wildest dreams. There are a lot of people hurting form this storm. I know I'm not the only one with problems, it's just that they put all of my problems on TV'.

Now there is a pretty level-headed mothaphucka. Can't hate on the guy for being rich but down to earth.

BigRedChief
08-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I know what you mean, "let's all feel sorry for the millionaire", and I agree.
To be fair: during his press conference yesterday Favre said something along the lines of 'hey, every time I get to asking why me I tell myself of all the things I have to be thankful for. I get to play in the NFL for the Packers, which is a tremendous privelege. I have a lifestyle that is beyond my wildest dreams. There are a lot of people hurting form this storm. I know I'm not the only one with problems, it's just that they put all of my problems on TV'.

Now there is a pretty level-headed mothaphucka. Can't hate on the guy for being rich but down to earth.

Yeah, don't be hating on the Favre. It's not his fault his wife has cancer or his boyhood home is destroyed or that he's from Missisppi. His only fault was getting himself hooked on the pills. Which he sucked up and kicked out of his life. An NFL QB admitting he's not stronger than a little pill. That took some guts in the mid 90's.

Rain Man
08-31-2005, 10:19 AM

True dat. I don't mind a guy getting rich from his own skills, especially if he's nice about it.

Lzen
08-31-2005, 11:05 AM
Yep really happened. Pticher for the pirates. Thought it was an off day and he was pitching the next day. Talks to kids about drugs now. Saw something on him on HBO

Yeah, that was the one. I tried LSD a few times in my youth and I remember how it affected me. I'm just baffled by how he managed to do that while being under the influence of that stuff. :eek:

Mr. Laz
08-31-2005, 11:08 AM
he's talking about his family being trapped .. 50 people in one house

and how he can't get to them

you think with all his money he could rent a big helicopter and pilot to go ferry his family out.

i wonder if they have grounded all air flight there too :hmmm:

gblowfish
08-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Strange, that. I was watching one of the ESPN's (Classic?) the other day and saw something about a pitcher in the 70s pitched a no-hitter while tripping on acid. :eek: I'm still trying to comprehend that one. :shake:That was Doc Ellis with the Pirates. He was in the "zone." Uh...except he burned out a giant section of his brain pan. Sizzle.......

Rain Man
08-31-2005, 12:11 PM
This is your arm.

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
D Wilson (W, 11-4) 6.0 3 2 1 1 5 1 81-65 1.50

This is your arm on drugs.

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
D Wilson (L, 6-15) 4.0 9 5 5 4 1 2 66-31 3.77

Just say no.