PDA

View Full Version : Media. You HAVE to love them.

|Zach|
08-31-2005, 03:23 AM
Isn't this interesting?

http://www.republicoft.com/wp-content/looter.jpg

A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005. Flood waters continue to rise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina did extensive damage when it made landfall on Monday. (AP Photo/Dave Martin)

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/480/ladm10208301530)

http://www.republicoft.com/wp-content/finders.jpg

Two residents wade through chest-deep water after finding bread and soda from a local grocery store after Hurricane Katrina came through the area in New Orleans, Louisiana.(AFP/Getty Images/Chris Graythen)

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/photos_ts_afp/050830071810_shxwaoma_photo1)

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2005, 05:16 AM
Oh boy....where they written by the same person?

Saulbadguy
08-31-2005, 05:19 AM
ROFL

NewChief
08-31-2005, 05:22 AM
That's just pathetic.

It's also pretty obvious to anyone that's ever been to NO that the two white kids are homeless street kids. Yet they're finding and the little black kid is stealing. Too much.

NewChief
08-31-2005, 05:23 AM
Oh boy....where they written by the same person?

Different photographers. Not sure who wrote the cutlines.

Bootlegged
08-31-2005, 05:30 AM
Damn Libbie media!

RedDread
08-31-2005, 05:42 AM
I can't wait to see what tshirthell comes up with because of this. Should be good stuff...

Uatu
08-31-2005, 05:48 AM
I don't get it. How do you know who was really doing what? At least not more than the person who took the picture knew who probably directed what was put in the taglines.

|Zach|
08-31-2005, 05:59 AM
I don't get it. How do you know who was really doing what? At least not more than the person who took the picture knew who probably directed what was put in the taglines.
Going along with your theory that the photagraphers knew the source of both of these happenings and directed the taglines. A stretch but not too out of reach.

What would the difference between looting a grocery store in NO be right between finding food at a NO grocery store right now?

chagrin
08-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Going along with your theory that the photagraphers knew the source of both of these happenings and directed the taglines. A stretch but not too out of reach.

What would the difference between looting a grocery store in NO be right between finding food at a NO grocery store right now?

The difference is whether you're from the 9th ward or the Garden District.

Yeah, it's about time the AP (definitely not what I would call conservative friendly) showed some "balance" in their coverage...

:p

Bob Dole
08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Don't know about the first one, but a yankee clearly wrote the second.

No self-respecting southerner would ever write "bread and soda."

gblowfish
08-31-2005, 09:31 AM
The white kid had a maxed out credit card in his pocket...

chagrin
08-31-2005, 09:46 AM

What the hell is bread and soda?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 09:50 AM

The soda thing I get, you guys call it all "coke" no matter what. Most phucked up thing I ever saw.
me: " I'd like a Coke please"
Southern waitress: "what kind of Coke?"
me: "WTF?"

But what do southerners call bread if not bread?

Bob Dole
08-31-2005, 09:54 AM
The soda thing I get, you guys call it all "coke" no matter what. Most phucked up thing I ever saw.

Bread is bread... It's the soda part that gave it away.

Oops. Be right back. Bob Dole has to go make sure that all the vegetables are cooked to complete mush.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Bread is bread... It's the soda part that gave it away.

Oops. Be right back. Bob Dole has to go make sure that all the vegetables are cooked to complete mush.

ROFL Thanks, sorry to mis-read your post. Hope your veggies are done to your liking.

Dr. Johnny Fever
08-31-2005, 09:57 AM

My wife was running to get "soda's" for a bunch of us once at the MO state fair. Her cousin from Alabama asked for a Coke. My wife brought her back a Coke. She said she meant Mt. Dew. We all thought WTF...maybe you should call it Mt. Dew.

How the **** to you actually order a "Coke" in the south anyway?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
My wife was running to get "soda's" for a bunch of us once at the MO state fair. Her cousin from Alabama asked for a Coke. My wife brought her back a Coke. She said she meant Mt. Dew. We all thought WTF...maybe you should call it Mt. Dew.
ROFL Exactly. ROFL

Bob Dole
08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
ROFL Thanks, sorry to mis-read your post. Hope your veggies are done to your liking.

Bob Dole is a transplant.

Still can't manage to go to a restaurant and not ask the server to explain "chicken fried chicken."

"It's chicken battered and fried like chicken fried steak!"

:shake:

vailpass
08-31-2005, 10:01 AM

Still can't manage to go to a restaurant and not ask the server to explain "chicken fried chicken."

:drool: That sounds pretty damn good, in a jump-start-my-heart artery clogging kind of way especially if gravy is involved.
My folks were stationed in South Carolina, Georgia, and Baton Rouge over the years and I have to say Southern cooking kicks ass, calories be damned.

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Wow, about the soft drink names since I live at the Lake of the Ozarks, you get both KC and St. Louis people down here. KC people call it "pop", St Louis people call it "soda". Down here its soda pop for the locals.

chagrin
08-31-2005, 10:05 AM
When the first two ingredients are flou and oil...I know I'm home :)

NewChief

Doesn't chicken fried chicken usually mean it's a boneless breast with gravy? So like she said: it's like a chicken fried steak, only it's chicken. :p

Amnorix

ROFL

Amnorix
08-31-2005, 10:07 AM

ROFL ROFL I haven't been any further South than a couple parts of Virginia. This is pretty damn funny...

Edit: and Orlando, Florida, but that's not "the South", if you know what I mean.

Uatu
08-31-2005, 10:11 AM

For one thing, one of the images is credited to Dave Martin/AP and the other to Chris Graythen of AFP. If I'm not mistaken AFP is a French media outlet.

It could be that something is lost in translation, or that two different people took the picture at two different locations at two different times, under two different sets of circumstances, and two different people wrote the taglines.

But as the saying goes, the explaination you seek is the easist to find.

Ultra Peanut
A gif ZootedGranny posted last night:

"LET'S PLAY FUNNY-NOT FUNNY!"

NewChief

Add "please" "ma'am" or "sir". It does wonders.

Ordering a Coke Southern Style 101:

"I'd like a coke please."

"Aww suga'. Ya want a coke coke or somethin' else."

"Just a normal coke ma'am".

"Sure thin' honey."

vailpass
08-31-2005, 10:15 AM
For one thing, one of the images is credited to Dave Martin/AP and the other to Chris Graythen of AFP. If I'm not mistaken AFP is a French media outlet.

It could be that something is lost in translation, or that two different people took the picture at two different locations at two different times, under two different sets of circumstances, and two different people wrote the taglines.

But as the saying goes, the explaination you seek is the easist to find.

Your objective introduction of the facts is interfering with a perfectly good anglo-bashing.

Mr. Laz
08-31-2005, 10:17 AM
A gif ZootedGranny posted last night:

"LET'S PLAY FUNNY-NOT FUNNY!"
if they where written by different people than i don't know how you can come to the "racist" conclusion.

it might tell us more about the pessimistic vrs optimistic slant of the writers as much as racism.

one writer sees people wading with food = looting

one writer sees people wading with food = survivors

:shrug:

Uatu
08-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Your objective introduction of the facts is interfering with a perfectly good anglo-bashing.

Well, I do hate those damn anglos. Carry on! %(/

|Zach|
08-31-2005, 10:43 AM
Anglo bashing? Riiiggghht. I just find it funny. Uatu is busy basing his findings on speculation...

I just put it in the bunk media file that I find interesting.

Just like I find it interesting that a cute young blonde girl goes missing and whole news channels fall over it giving it incredible amounts of time. A young black woman vanished around the same time...no TV...no manhunt. No hour long special with Greta Van Sustren. I just find that interesting.

If you have no problem with it and see it as Anglo bashing well...that is interesting as well.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Anglo bashing? Riiiggghht. I just find it funny. Uatu is busy basing his findings on speculation...

I just put it in the bunk media file that I find interesting.

Just like I find it interesting that a cute young blonde girl goes missing and whole news channels fall over it giving it incredible amounts of time. A young black woman vanished around the same time...no TV...no manhunt. No hour long special with Greta Van Sustren. I just find that interesting.

If you have no problem with it and see it as Anglo bashing well...that is interesting as well.

Hi Zach,
Uatu provided a factual basis for his speculation: a foreign press service that does not speak English as it's native language interpreted the actions of the people as finding food.

Without interviewing witnesses that interpretation is every bit as valid as any other.

I like your save-the-world attitude; it's absolutely proper for someone your age. Just be careful not to decide what you are going to see before you take a good long look. You might miss something, or see something that isn't there.

Shouldn't you be in class or digging in the couch for beer money or scheming up your next road trip?

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2005, 11:01 AM
I like your save-the-world attitude; it's absolutely proper for someone your age. Just be careful not to decide what you are going to see before you take a good long look. You might miss something, or see something that isn't there.

Shouldn't you be in class or digging in the couch for beer money or scheming up your next road trip?Awesome. I found this post in the dictionary (http://www.answers.com/condescending&r=67)!

Biohazard
08-31-2005, 11:08 AM
:drool: That sounds pretty damn good, in a jump-start-my-heart artery clogging kind of way especially if gravy is involved.
My folks were stationed in South Carolina, Georgia, and Baton Rouge over the years and I have to say Southern cooking kicks ass, calories be damned.
FWIW I recommend the chicken-fried-steak, I had it for lunch and it was goooood!

|Zach|
08-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi Zach,
Uatu provided a factual basis for his speculation: a foreign press service that does not speak English as it's native language interpreted the actions of the people as finding food.

Without interviewing witnesses that interpretation is every bit as valid as any other.

Shouldn't you be in class or digging in the couch for beer money or scheming up your next road trip?
Between classes...

First of all these are journalists and photo journalists. Thats a very very clear difference in those two ideas. Finding something. And looting, which is a crime.

If you didn't have first hand knowledge of the event would you assume someone was committing a crime? You would be a rockstar journalist if so.

Have you ever seen this girl on CNN?

http://kyw1060.com/images/temp/figueroa_latoyia3.jpg

vailpass
08-31-2005, 11:11 AM
Awesome. I found this post in the dictionary (http://www.answers.com/condescending&r=67)!

You are a very strange, confused person. If Zach feels he is being treated in a condescending mannner he is more than capable of saying so to me directly. What you wrongly label as condescending is merely a case of seeing myself twenty years ago, fondly and with affection, and falling victim to that trap which age makes it so hard to avoid: dispensing advice we ourselves wish we had followed.

in·ter·lop·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ntr-lpr)
n.
1). One that interferes with the affairs of others, often for selfish reasons; a meddler.

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2005, 11:13 AM
Awesome. I found this post in the dictionary (http://www.answers.com/condescending&r=67)!

Eh, give us older folks our due....with age comes a certain amount of wisdom and reality, that dimishes the idealistic and myopic view of human nature we, too, use to have when we were younger.

Soon enough, that wisdom and reality, will give way to senility, alzheimer's, dementia, and remembering the "good ole days".....and you that are young, now, will take our place among the enlightened and lucid. Heh. :p

So, in short.....cut us ole geezers a little slack, Junior. Or else we'll wapp you upside the head with our canes. :cuss:

vailpass
08-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Between classes...

First of all these are journalists and photo journalists. Thats a very very clear difference in those two ideas. Finding something. And looting, which is a crime.

If you didn't have first hand knowledge of the event would you assume someone was committing a crime? You would be a rockstar journalist if so.

Have you ever seen this girl on CNN?

http://kyw1060.com/images/temp/figueroa_latoyia3.jpg

If one journalist saw the person leaving the store, closed due to the hurricane, with items in their hand they would be justified in assuming that looting was taking place.

If the other photojournalist did not see the people leaving a store but came upon them as they were floating down the street with a loaf of bread they would not have as clear a case to assume looting had occurred.

Yes I've seen that girl before. It's Shaniqua Jefferson and that bitch owes me money!!!

BTW, just because you are between classes does not mean you should hang out on a BB. Get your ass outside and scout some tail or perhaps an early start on happy hour?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Eh, give us older folks our due....with age comes a certain amount of wisdom and reality, that dimishes the idealistic and myopic view of human nature we, too, use to have when we were younger.

Soon enough, that wisdom and reality, will give way to senility, alzheimer's, dementia, and remembering the "good ole days".....and you that are young, now, will take our place among the enlightened and lucid. Heh. :p

So, in short.....cut us ole geezers a little slack, Junior. Or else we'll wapp you upside the head with our canes. :cuss:

:thumb: Well said, well said.

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
....BTW, just because you are between classes does not mean you should hang out on a BB. Get your ass outside and scout some tail or perhaps an early start on happy hour?

Ha....You took the words right out of my mouth. Damn, you gotta make it to Arrowhead for a CP event sometime....heh. ROFL

But alas, he's too busy savin' the world, and erradicating the evils of perceived racism.....;)

JK, Zach

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2005, 11:33 AM
You are a very strange, confused person.And you're a saint with all of the answers.

If Zach feels he is being treated in a condescending mannner he is more than capable of saying so to me directly. What you wrongly label as condescending is merely a case of seeing myself twenty years ago, fondly and with affection, and falling victim to that trap which age makes it so hard to avoid: dispensing advice we ourselves wish we had followed.

in·ter·lop·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ntr-lpr)
n.
1). One that interferes with the affairs of others, often for selfish reasons; a meddler.If I'm meddling, what does that make the person trying to dispense life advice to a stranger and telling him how to spend his time between classes?

This is a discussion forum, genius.

If one journalist saw the person leaving the store, closed due to the hurricane, with items in their hand they would be justified in assuming that looting was taking place.

If the other photojournalist did not see the people leaving a store but came upon them as they were floating down the street with a loaf of bread they would not have as clear a case to assume looting had occurred.It's not a big deal, but seriously, your attempts at rationalizing it are hilarious. The photojournalist didn't see them leaving a store; so, feeling uncomfortable with calling them "looters," he still managed to put together that they "[found] bread and soda from a local grocery store?"

That's Grandmama-Zo NBA slap-fight weak.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 11:36 AM
And you're a saint with all of the answers.

If I'm meddling, you're meddling. This is a discussion forum, genius.

It's not a big deal, but seriously, your attempts at rationalizing it are hilarious. The photojournalist didn't see them leaving a store; so, feeling uncomfortable with calling them "looters," he still managed to put together that they "[found] bread and soda from a local grocery store?"

That's Grandmama-Zo NBA slap-fight weak.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin, it does this whenever it's told.

Stay away from me Jaime Gum and I'll stay away from you, mmmkkkaaayyy??

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
It rubs the lotion on it's skin, it does this whenever it's told.

Stay away from me Jaime Gum and I'll stay away from you, mmmkkkaaayyy??Cool beans. More prejudice for the pile!

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
BTW, just because you are between classes does not mean you should hang out on a BB. Get your ass outside and scout some tail or perhaps an early start on happy hour?

Come on the Planet is the place to come and get advice on how to get tail. I learned how to ask a girl how to have sex and get married on here from infamous threads. ROFL

Uatu
08-31-2005, 12:16 PM
Funny, I provided a reasoned, factual basis for explaining the discrepancy in the taglines (That they were from press agencies in two different countries, that operate in two different languages, taken by two different reporters, likely at different locations, times, and situations, and the taglines were not written by the same person) and I'm the one who's guilty of "speculation'

Ultra Peanut
08-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Funny, I provided a reasoned, factual basis for explaining the discrepancy in the taglines (That they were from press agencies in two different countries, that operate in two different languages, taken by two different reporters, likely at different locations, times, and situations, and the taglines were not written by the same person) and I'm the one who's guilty of "speculation'You were, indeed, "guilty" of speculating. It was an educated guess, maybe, but a guess nonetheless. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but no one really knows the specifics (nor do I care, really... an amusing/interesting juxtaposition; nothing more, nothing less).

Speaking of funny, I like how vailpass just dropped a "beaner"-sized bomb and nobody batted an eye. But that's okay, right? It's not like most people don't think things like that about things like me.

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2005, 12:25 PM
...Speaking of funny, I like how vailpass just dropped a "person of Hispanic heritage"-sized bomb and nobody batted an eye. But that's okay, right? It's not like most people don't think things like that about things like me.

Jamie Gum? That's a ""person of Hispanic heritage"-sized bomb"???

Seriously, I've never ever heard of it, and didn't know WTF he was talking about....:shrug:

EDIT: I just Googled it, with nothing apparent either.... :hmmm:

Demonpenz
08-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh my I found another one. This media bias is out of control

In another heartwrenching story these locals arrived 10 minutes too late to board an evacuation boat. "I saw some watermelon floating and so we stopped to picked some up" the man said

Chest Rockwell
08-31-2005, 12:36 PM

Seriously, I've never ever heard of it, and didn't know WTF he was talking about....:shrug:

He was talking about dude from "Silence of the Lambs" who was making the woman suit. You know, the most famous exposure of the mangina.

I actually hadn't gotten it either until Psi pointed it out. I think from there the implications and intention of the comment are pretty obvious.

Getting away from the personal attacks, that second photo is very troubling, and definitely journalism at it's worst. I mean the photog didn't even get the chick to show dem tiddies. Unexcuseable in New Oleans.

I guess it's true, New Orleans really is ruined.

jspchief
08-31-2005, 12:46 PM
You were, indeed, "guilty" of speculating. It was an educated guess, maybe, but a guess nonetheless. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but no one really knows the specifics (nor do I care, really... an amusing/interesting juxtaposition; nothing more, nothing less).

Speaking of funny, I like how vailpass just dropped a "person of Hispanic heritage"-sized bomb and nobody batted an eye. But that's okay, right? It's not like most people don't think things like that about things like me.There's a certain type of intolerance that goes largely unnoticed here on the Planet. It's pretty much been Vailpass' schtick for awhile now. I just like that he had to resort to that. I assume it's because he couldn't think of anything smart to say.

Al I know is I'm glad someone made that animated gif. That little boy mouthing "that's racist" cracks my ass up. Is that from a movie or something? I can almost put a voice to it.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:03 PM
There's a certain type of intolerance that goes largely unnoticed here on the Planet. It's pretty much been Vailpass' schtick for awhile now. I just like that he had to resort to that. I assume it's because he couldn't think of anything smart to say.

Al I know is I'm glad someone made that animated gif. That little boy mouthing "that's racist" cracks my ass up. Is that from a movie or something? I can almost put a voice to it.

OMFG.
Are you and Psic. so ready to throw a PC pity party that you would start a witch hunt over "Jame Gum"?
LOL at you McCarthy-ists.
You say I couldn't think of anything smart to say? Apparently it went way over your head Euripides.
Jame Gum was a reference to a trait that Psic and that character share, ah nevermind.
Slow boat comin'...

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:05 PM

C'mon man, I left rock solid clues:
"it puts the lotion in the basket, it does this whenever it's told"
"Jame Gum"

Buffalo Bill, Silence of the Lambs, a guy who wants to be a girl so badly he makes suits out of girls skin, Psicosis.

"Dammit Kotter this will be the end for you, for yo uand all your sweathogs"/Woodman.
ROFL

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:12 PM
You were, indeed, "guilty" of speculating. It was an educated guess, maybe, but a guess nonetheless. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but no one really knows the specifics (nor do I care, really... an amusing/interesting juxtaposition; nothing more, nothing less).

Speaking of funny, I like how vailpass just dropped a "person of Hispanic heritage"-sized bomb and nobody batted an eye. But that's okay, right? It's not like most people don't think things like that about things like me.

Holy shit are you playing the "person of confused gender as victim deserving of their own social classification" card here?

So you think you are a member of a class, like hispanics, african americans, native americans?

And everyone should be outraged because I said the name "Jame Gum" which offended you and so is tantamount to racially insulting a Hispanic or Black person?

You sir/madam are the epitome of PC craziness taken to the extreme. You water down the cause for those who are truly victims.

jspchief
08-31-2005, 01:13 PM
OMFG.
Are you and Psic. so ready to throw a PC pity party that you would start a witch hunt over "Jame Gum"?
LOL at you McCarthy-ists.
You say I couldn't think of anything smart to say? Apparently it went way over your head Euripides.
Jame Gum was a reference to a trait that Psic and that character share, ah nevermind.
Slow boat comin'...I know exactly what you were referencing. I just think it was a disparaging comparison.

Comparing a black member to Steppin Fetchit would have about the same effect.

I'm not going to get into all of this sh*t with you again. Everyone knows you're a homophobe. There's no point in rehashing it.

Uatu
08-31-2005, 01:15 PM

Speaking of funny, I like how vailpass just dropped a "person of Hispanic heritage"-sized bomb and nobody batted an eye. But that's okay, right? It's not like most people don't think things like that about things like me.

Yeah, I did not mean I was not guilty as well, just that the media probably had much more of an educated guess than the one who was accusing them of being racists. And hey, I am no fan of the Associated Press, you won't catch me defending them.

isn't this vailpass person someone who has been banned a million times?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:18 PM
I know exactly what you were referencing. I just think it was a disparaging comparison.

Comparing a black member to Steppin Fetchit would have about the same effect.

I'm not going to get into all of this sh*t with you again. Everyone knows you're a homophobe. There's no point in rehashing it.

Let's hear from other posters, White, Hispanic and Black members.

Question:

Is me referencing Jame Gum from Silence of the Lambs to gender-confused Psicosis the same thing as someone referncing Steppin Fetchit or calling a black person the N word or using a racially disparaging remark to a Hispanic person?

Or is JSPchief a prime example of PC gone crazy, when no joke is safe or approved? Where we can't say anything for fear of offending anybody ever again? Where humor and free speech are overidden by the Thought Police?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I did not mean I was not guilty as well, just that the media probably had much more of an educated guess than the one who was accusing them of being racists. And hey, I am no fan of the Associated Press, you won't catch me defending them.

isn't this vailpass person someone who has been banned a million times?

Been here for a few weeks and already you know everything about everyone. Congrats.

jspchief
08-31-2005, 01:20 PM

Question:

Is me referencing Jame Gum from Silence of the Lambs to gender-confused Psicosis the same thing as someone referncing Steppin Fetchit or calling a black person the N word or using a racially disparaging remark to a Hispanic person?

Or is JSPchief a prime example of PC gone crazy, when no joke is safe or approved? Where we can't say anything for fear of offending anybody ever again? Where humor and free speech are overidden by the Thought Police?So you think the comparison to a crazy serial killer isn't disparaging or insulting?

Uatu
08-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Is me referencing Jame Gum from Silence of the Lambs to gender-confused Psicosis the same thing as...

I understood your reference in the context of the other tired, overuse quotes from the tired, grossly overrated film.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:24 PM
So you think the comparison to a crazy serial killer isn't disparaging or insulting?

Jesus Christ are you serious? Listen to yourself man you are straight out of an Orwellian nightmare.
Get real, join the party. It's a tough world out there so get busy laughin or get busy cryin it's up to you but don't you dare try to tell me how to think or speak.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:25 PM
I understood your reference in the context of the other tired, overuse quotes from the tired, grossly overrated film.

That statement is relevant in what way oh master new guy who doesn't know a 4 year member from one that's been "banned a million times"?

Rain Man
08-31-2005, 01:29 PM
That statement is relevant in what way oh master new guy who doesn't know a 4 year member from one that's been "banned a million times"?

Yeah, Uatu. Vailpass is the Jerry Rice of this board. He's a Broncos person who's been around forever and is really slow. :p

way2kalm
08-31-2005, 01:31 PM

If the other photojournalist did not see the people leaving a store but came upon them as they were floating down the street with a loaf of bread they would not have as clear a case to assume looting had occurred.

Yes I've seen that girl before. It's Shaniqua Jefferson and that bitch owes me money!!!

No, her name is LaToyia Figeroa. She was a pregnant mother of a seven year old who was found dead not too long ago after being missing for a month or two. She represents a growing concern that if you are not a pretty, young white woman, the media doesn't give a damn if you go missing or not. Have a little respect for the dead.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Yeah, Uatu. Vailpass is the Jerry Rice of this board. He's a Broncos person who's been around forever and is really slow. :p

ROFL Yeah, well, uh.
I got nothin.

Saulbadguy
08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Vailpass is somewhat racist and somewhat homophobic. Nothing new.

Saulbadguy
08-31-2005, 01:34 PM
http://zangla.ytmnd.com/

jspchief
Jesus Christ are you serious? Listen to yourself man you are straight out of an Orwellian nightmare.
Get real, join the party. It's a tough world out there so get busy laughin or get busy cryin it's up to you but don't you dare try to tell me how to think or speak.I didn't try to tell you how to think or speak.

I get a kick out of your feigned awe when someone thinks you're a dick for saying the things you say. You seem to confuse that with them trying to force you to say something else.

Apparently you want to be able to say whatever you want, but you also seem to want no one else to have an opinion about what you say. God forbid someone judges you for your actions. Better start whining about PC. Remind me again who leans so heavily on their victim card?

vailpass
No, her name is LaToyia Figeroa. She was a pregnant mother of a seven year old who was found dead not too long ago after being missing for a month or two. She represents a growing concern that if you are not a pretty, young white woman, the media doesn't give a damn if you go missing or not. Have a little respect for the dead.

What about that little girl in Utah who dissapeared last year? She was a Mormon but they made a big deal out of her.

Rain Man
08-31-2005, 01:35 PM
What about that little girl in Utah who dissapeared last year? She was a Mormon but they made a big deal out of her.

And hardly any Mormons are white.

Chest Rockwell
08-31-2005, 01:35 PM

Question:

Or is JSPchief a prime example of PC gone crazy, when no joke is safe or approved? Where we can't say anything for fear of offending anybody ever again? Where humor and free speech are overidden by the Thought Police?

Is it offensive to me? No, but it wasn't directed at me. I can see how it might be offensive to Psi.

I also think it might be less of an issue if you just said, "**** you, I know it could be taken as offensive" rather than playing the "victim of the PC police" card (and being pretty damned condesending while doing it). Let's call a spade a spade here, didn't you mean it to be insulting when you wrote it?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Vailpass is somewhat racist and somewhat homophobic. Nothing new.

I am neither of those things. I find humor about particular traits in all races. That's what humor is, laughing about the things that make us funny.
It's okay when Chris Rock does it, okay when Dave Chapelle does it, but not okay for whitey.

Homophobic? C'mon. Being disgusted by the fact that a guy would let another guy stick his pecker inhis mouth and drop his load is not the same as being afraid of it.

Want to label me? Here is my label:
American white guy who laughs at what's funny in everyone including himself.

So come on, let's go spin the dradle together and think of some ways to drive up interest rates.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:40 PM
And hardly any Mormons are white.

My attempt to be obviously obtuse didn't quite register, huh?

Rausch
08-31-2005, 01:43 PM
I am neither of those things. I find humor about particular traits in all races. That's what humor is, laughing about the things that make us funny.
It's okay when Chris Rock does it, okay when Dave Chapelle does it, but not okay for whitey.

Homophobic? C'mon. Being disgusted by the fact that a guy would let another guy stick his pecker inhis mouth and drop his load is not the same as being afraid of it.

So come on, let's go spin the dradle together and think of some ways to drive up interest rates.

My boss (a fatter Archie Bunker) thinks that inflation is due to Jews hiding everything (from sugar to gas) in caves in southern Missouri.

Seriously.

way2kalm
08-31-2005, 01:45 PM

Pretty, young white girl who's husband killed her because he didn't want to tell her that he was a failure in life. My point has been proven over and over again just within the past year.

Rain Man
08-31-2005, 01:46 PM
My boss (a fatter Archie Bunker) thinks that inflation is due to Jews hiding everything (from sugar to gas) in caves in southern Missouri.

Seriously.

So he's anti-Semitic and anti-stalagmite at the same time?

Rausch
08-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Pretty, young white girl who's husband killed her because he didn't want to tell her that he was a failure in life. My point has been proven over and over again just within the past year.

That white people are ****ing crazy?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:48 PM

Seriously.

:doh!: Nice. I didn't know there was a real bias against Jews until I roomed with two Jewish guys in grad school. Of course up until then I had never met a Jew. There was definetely a segment eithin our class that did not want to study with, work with, go into practice with, a Jew.

Make no mistake though, my roomates and their families were polished on the outside but in private they were racist to the core. I was "that ****ing goy" our black tax prof was "that schvarze teacher". If you weren't a Jew you were second class. No marrying their daughters, etc.
But hey, it was just who they were. I was never offended, they were great people.
Cultures are different, that's what makes them a culture. Some of those differences are so different, or so stereotypical, that they are funny.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 01:49 PM
ROFL ROFL

Rausch
08-31-2005, 01:50 PM

Pretty much.

Once he got going we'd just play off of him. "Hey, no wonder people don't see bigfoot all that often, the Jews having him working overtime just to fill those caves with $#it they've stolen from whitey. All he has time to do is stuff them Jew-caves..."

Calcountry
08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
The new season of "Survivor" should be shot on location at New Orleans.

Idahored
08-31-2005, 02:05 PM

vailpass,

I'm in 100% agreement with this... :)

way2kalm
08-31-2005, 02:09 PM
That white people are ****ing crazy?

I wouldn't go that far.

Rausch
08-31-2005, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

How many times you hear of a black guy or asian guy furnishing his house with the body parts of his victims?...

vailpass
08-31-2005, 02:22 PM
How many times you hear of a black guy or asian guy furnishing his house with the body parts of his victims?...

Pol Pot?

vailpass
08-31-2005, 02:24 PM
vailpass,

I'm in 100% agreement with this... :)

Cool. 90% of Americans feel the same way, we have just let the vocal minority have their pulpit for so long that now they think they can move from wanting tolerance to giving orders.
Not gonna' happen.
Equality, for all.

way2kalm
08-31-2005, 02:33 PM

You're right about that, but we're all human, we all have our flaws. For instance, when's the last time you heard about a white guy blowing someones head off for looking at them wrong, or representing a different set. I don't hear about that too often. That's an "in-house" problem that blacks, hispanics, and asians (for the most part) need to deal with.

Uatu
08-31-2005, 02:36 PM
ROFL Yeah, well, uh.
I got nothin.

Sorry. I have you confused with someone from the political forum I guess. My apologies.

vailpass
08-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Sorry. I have you confused with someone from the political forum I guess. My apologies.

De nada, it's all good.
Unless you are confusing me with bushcriedcatfishfried, in which case you and I must go to dukes.

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2005, 02:46 PM
C'mon man, I left rock solid clues:
"it puts the lotion in the basket, it does this whenever it's told"
"Jame Gum"

Buffalo Bill, Silence of the Lambs, a guy who wants to be a girl so badly he makes suits out of girls skin, Psicosis.

"Dammit Kotter this will be the end for you, for yo uand all your sweathogs"/Woodman.
ROFL

Sorry. I saw it once. Wasn't real impressed. Never really got into the pop culture fascination with it. I'll whip myself tonight over it. :p

Mr. Kotter
08-31-2005, 10:21 PM
I liked this thread; why'd it drop so quickly?

....BUMP :D

(Call me silly....but, maybe it's because of my self-imposed rationing of DC.....and I'm not gettin' my usual fix of acrimony over here, heh. )