PDA

View Full Version : Receivers

vckcchiefs04
09-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Just in case Price and Warrick are gone (I know Warrick is) this could be another nice option if it comes true...... got this from CNNSI Truth & Rumors:

Cowboys wide receiver Quincy Morgan might be playing his last game for his hometown team in the preseason finale Thursday against Jacksonville. Morgan is losing the battle with Patrick Crayton for the No. 3 receiver role and said it might be good to make a new start on another team.
-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

:hmmm:

patteeu
09-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Just in case Price and Warrick are gone (I know Warrick is) this could be another nice option if it comes true...... got this from CNNSI Truth & Rumors:

Cowboys wide receiver Quincy Morgan might be playing his last game for his hometown team in the preseason finale Thursday against Jacksonville. Morgan is losing the battle with Patrick Crayton for the No. 3 receiver role and said it might be good to make a new start on another team.
-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

:hmmm:

K-State bust?

vckcchiefs04
09-01-2005, 06:14 AM
a bust perhaps so far...... but would be nice to have a big receiver for Trent to throw to.

unlurking
09-01-2005, 06:45 AM
a bust perhaps so far...... but would be nice to have a big receiver for Trent to throw to.
We have one, Bo.

Maybe I'm the only one who has come to accept our current WR corp and isn't interested in making a change by adding someone else's drop outs? I mean, a legitimate #1 receiving threat is one thing, but Warrick, Price, and Morgan?! I just don't get it.

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2005, 06:48 AM
We have one, Bo.

Maybe I'm the only one who has come to accept our current WR corp and isn't interested in making a change by adding someone else's drop outs? I mean, a legitimate #1 receiving threat is one thing, but Warrick, Price, and Morgan?! I just don't get it.

In the right system, with the right QBs....all three of those guys could be productive.

BigChiefFan
09-01-2005, 06:50 AM
We have one, Bo.

I think Peerless Price could make some team easily. His numbers went down when the overrated Vick couldn't get him the ball.

jidar1
09-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Unless it's a legit #1 receiver, I'd rather not even look at them.

RedDread
09-01-2005, 07:00 AM
I honestly think price would be a good addition.

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2005, 07:06 AM
Unless it's a legit #1 receiver, I'd rather not even look at them.

Well, nothin' personal....but considering we don't have a proven stud at #1 or #2 WR, I think we ought to at least look at Price.

Don't misunderstand--Kennison is fine, and Parker looks good....but if I were another NFL team, our WRs wouldn't exactly scare me. Now, having Priest/LJ and Gonzo/Wilson will help take the pressure off them....but they won't likely be a threat to make the Pro Bowl. :shrug:

patteeu
09-01-2005, 07:11 AM

I was just kidding about the bust part. He did some good things for Cleveland while he was there. I'd have been interested in him if it was the beginning of TC. At this point, I'd rather go with what we have (Freddie Mitchell) unless someone with clearly superior skills and/or someone who already knows the system were to become available (e.g. Isaac Bruce).

Sam
09-01-2005, 07:15 AM
I feel that Samie Parker is going to have a break out season this year.

At least I hope so, I picked him for one of my fantasy leagues. :drool:

PRIEST
09-01-2005, 07:37 AM
I think Peerless Price could make some team easily. His numbers went down when the overrated Vick couldn't get him the ball.

I agree,

vckcchiefs04
09-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Look, I love our receivers.... but other than what Eddie has done in his time here, and one season when Bo had a few catches with a lot of touchdowns, what have they done? I would not mind a core with a rotation in it. Just an idea here, but what if we were able to have Priest & L.J. in the backfield, Tony G. and Kris Wilson at TE, of course T-Rich at FB, and Kennison at the #1 receiver with a changing rotation of Parker, Michell, Bo, Hall (once in a while), and someone like Morgan or Price to keep the opposing defense guessing what was coming. That is about 7 GOOD options for Trent to throw to on every passing situation. I don't care what defense we are playing against, nobody has enough good defenders to cover that many options of that quality. Why not make the best offense in the league even better? :clap:

patteeu
09-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Look, I love our receivers.... but other than what Eddie has done in his time here, and one season when Bo had a few catches with a lot of touchdowns, what have they done? I would not mind a core with a rotation in it. Just an idea here, but what if we were able to have Priest & L.J. in the backfield, Tony G. and Kris Wilson at TE, of course T-Rich at FB, and Kennison at the #1 receiver with a changing rotation of Parker, Michell, Bo, Hall (once in a while), and someone like Morgan or Price to keep the opposing defense guessing what was coming. That is about 7 GOOD options for Trent to throw to on every passing situation. I don't care what defense we are playing against, nobody has enough good defenders to cover that many options of that quality. Why not make the best offense in the league even better? :clap:

Because we don't need any more guys who can fit into a rotation as 2nd/3rd/4th/5th receivers. If we were talking about a #1 then it would be worth cutting a guy with potential like Craphonso, but we don't need a fresh 7th option. And I'm saying this despite the fact that I was in the camp of those who thought getting a stud WR during the offseason should have been one of the Chiefs top goals. As long as the Chiefs are comfortable with Mitchell, I don't think we want Price or Morgan. If they decide to cut Mitchell, then I'd be in favor of reconsidering that position. I'm afraid that Price is heartless though from what people have said about him, so I'd prefer Morgan if it came to that.

unlurking
09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Because we don't need any more guys who can fit into a rotation as 2nd/3rd/4th/5th receivers. If we were talking about a #1 then it would be worth cutting a guy with potential like Craphonso, but we don't need a fresh 7th option...

Exactly.

And if we had the cap space for a #1 WR, I'd actually prefer it went to somebody like Corey Simon or a CB. I don't mind the offense dropping a little bit (staying in the top 5), but the defense needs more help IMO.